HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Strachan on Marty and Zhitnik

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2003, 07:57 AM
Puddy

vCash: 500
Strachan on Marty and Zhitnik

Al Strachan's on line column at
http://www.canoe.ca/Slam031109/col_strachan-sun.html
mentions Biron as being the most likely candidate to be the AVS next goalie. Who would you ask for in return?

The bottom of the article has Zhitnik's comments on how changing his stick has improved his game.
Perhaps Afinogenov could read that part. If anyone should switch to a shorter stick it is a guy who likes to stickhandle a lot and he tends to give up the puck quite often. Briere was also horrible in Montreal while trying to deke through the team.

Old
11-09-2003, 12:15 PM
BG43

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*regains composure*

That's Strachan we're talking about.. he knows nothing

Old
11-09-2003, 03:04 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

derek morris is the most desirable player on colorado to fit buffalo's needs and be within range, but it would take more than biron and i'm not sure that he would even be available, considering biron isn't that big an upgrade, if an upgrade at all, over aebischer
jonnny boychuk? don't know much about him but he has size and shoots right, is playing for moose jaw right now
alex tanguay maybe?
i dunno, there aren't many good matches for biron
colorado has like 10 elite players and 10 3rd/4th liners on their roster
and first round picks are gonna be in the 25-30 range

Old
11-11-2003, 02:04 PM
Tra La La

Ballard back and the swedish kid the drafted Jonas johanson , that played in the whl last year.

Old
11-11-2003, 02:15 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader Zim
Ballard back and the swedish kid the drafted Jonas johanson , that played in the whl last year.
Johansson went in the Kono-Battaglia deal. He's Washington's property.

Old
11-11-2003, 02:23 PM
eSabre

Send a message via AIM to eSabre
Buffalo Sabres defenceman Alexei Zhitnik, who has switched stick manufacturers and now says he has a more accurate shot: "Sometimes I would have to pay too much attention to what I had to do. Now it goes automatically. Now with a one- timer, I'm not afraid I'm going to kill someone."

LMAO

Old
11-11-2003, 05:01 PM
Takeo

If the Avs are gonna deal for a goalie, it's gonna be for an established playoff-tested veteran. I can't believe that Lacroix actually thinks Biron, Mr. Inconsistency himself, is the answer to their goaltending concerns. That said, I'd deal Biron for Ballard + 2nd.

Old
11-11-2003, 05:08 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsandsabres
derek morris is the most desirable player on colorado to fit buffalo's needs and be within range, but it would take more than biron and i'm not sure that he would even be available
Morris would sure look nice paired with Zhitnik or McKee. Can't imagine what we'd have to package with Biron though. We're probably gettin into Pyatt/Roy country....

Old
11-11-2003, 05:28 PM
Takeo

The more I think about it...if Lacroix values Biron the way that some propose he does...maybe a package of Biron, Tallinder + Paille could nab Morris. I probably do that.

Zhitnik--Fitzpatrick
McKee--Morris
Kalinin--Patrick

Dang, that actually looks pretty good!

Old
11-11-2003, 05:33 PM
cybresabre
Registred usre

Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
are we allowed to get ballard back already? or is it because he hasn't played for the avs?

Old
11-12-2003, 02:06 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybresabre
are we allowed to get ballard back already? or is it because he hasn't played for the avs?
The Sabres could trade for him, but he couldn't play here until the 1 year mark after the original deal that sent him to Colorado.

Not like that would matter much with Keith at Minnesota......

Old
11-12-2003, 06:12 AM
LALALALALALAFONTAINE

Morris would be the guy to get out of Colorado. You'd have to give up a lot, but it would be worth it.

PS: Strachan remains an idiot, so I wouldn't believe anything.

Old
11-12-2003, 07:56 AM
cybresabre
Registred usre

Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob
The Sabres could trade for him, but he couldn't play here until the 1 year mark after the original deal that sent him to Colorado.

Not like that would matter much with Keith at Minnesota......
thanks for clearin' that up, jb

Old
11-12-2003, 09:03 AM
Dar

Send a message via MSN to Dar
If Strachan said it, then Biron's gonna be a Sabre for life. This guy has to be the most uninformed egotistical blithering hockey "expert" in media. He constantly gets ridiculed on Satellite Hotstove by people who actually have a clue, he doesn't like other media pissing in his corner (even if they are from the same publication, and I've got examples of that). On an almost daily basis, us lucky Toronto residents get to read his nonsense which is nothing short of idiotic. I swear, this guys only source is confucious because any credible hockey insider certainly isn't gonna talk to this blabbering chipmunk.

Old
11-12-2003, 09:33 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
If Strachan said it, then Biron's gonna be a Sabre for life. This guy has to be the most uninformed egotistical blithering hockey "expert" in media. He constantly gets ridiculed on Satellite Hotstove by people who actually have a clue, he doesn't like other media pissing in his corner (even if they are from the same publication, and I've got examples of that). On an almost daily basis, us lucky Toronto residents get to read his nonsense which is nothing short of idiotic. I swear, this guys only source is confucious because any credible hockey insider certainly isn't gonna talk to this blabbering chipmunk.
So how do you feel about Strachan?

Closed Thread