HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Aww, that's Nash-ty." Nash Rumors Part V: McKenzie says down to Rangers/Sharks

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-22-2012, 05:02 PM
  #126
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,807
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBanks99 View Post
because people don't consider him to be "elite" and he's the fourth best player on his team.
So what people think will matter when it comes to Anaheim's asking price? I don't think so.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 05:04 PM
  #127
satrabyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
I just don't understand why people think we need Nash. We're doing just fine without him, and one of the reasons is because we are FINALLY seeing good draft picks matriculate to the big team and make contributions.

Now we want to trade away good young players AND guys who are on their way to the NHL AND a first round draft pick for a 65-70 point player with a $7.8 million cap hit for six more years AFTER this year? Doesn't make sense to me.

Kreider/Erixon/Miller/Del Zotto, etc.?

I say None of the Above

Evgeny Malkin? Let's talk.

Rick Nash? No way
Thank you, a little sense in here for once.

satrabyk is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 05:05 PM
  #128
AdamBanks99
MinnesotaMiracleMan
 
AdamBanks99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
So what people think will matter when it comes to Anaheim's asking price? I don't think so.
the ducks wouldn't be looking to rehaul their franchise by trading ryan nor would they be trading their captain. i'm sure they would want a pretty penny, but not the 5 assets that the blue jackets wants.

AdamBanks99 is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 05:06 PM
  #129
bmw2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brooklyn, N.Y.
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
I keep reading same **** over and over again in this thread. I only know one thing for sure that Sather will not make a desperate move to get Nash and if nothing else is available on the market for the reasonable price then be it.

bmw2004 is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 05:08 PM
  #130
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
What makes you think he would cost less in assets (if he was available)?
I agree Ryan would cost more in assets because he's arguably at least as good as Nash if not better, he's three years younger, and his cap hit is $5.1 million per year compared to Nash's $7.8 million per year.

No reason for Anaheim to trade him.

Jersey Girl is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 05:09 PM
  #131
DutchShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,964
vCash: 500
My question is this: If we add a player in the offseason as a UFA, where will he play? Will you pay Dubinsky $4.2m again to be a 3rd liner?

Seems like Dubinsky is out if someone else comes into the top 6. He'll go for picks.

Just seems weird that people are reluctant to part with him for Nash, a proven NHLer, but would be willing to move him for picks which are a huge gamble.

DutchShamrock is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 05:09 PM
  #132
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,807
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBanks99 View Post
the ducks wouldn't be looking to rehaul their franchise by trading ryan nor would they be trading their captain. i'm sure they would want a pretty penny, but not the 5 assets that the blue jackets wants.
Those are just superlatives. The Ducks would demand the best package they can get. You think any GM feels like they need to pay more because Nash is the Jackets' captain.

Again, I'm not advocating getting Nash (or Ryan for that matter). I just think saying "go get someone who will cost less in assets and salary" is easier said than done.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 05:18 PM
  #133
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,780
vCash: 500
Dreger was on NHL Live today. Things have gotten quiet with Nash. Its in the hands of Columbus. Teams have told them what they're willing to give up/wont give up and everyone is waiting on Howson. If there isn't a deal in place by the weekend(Sunday at the latest),there won't be a deal. Nash needs time to decide if wants to waive his NMC. Even for a team on his "list". Dreger called the situation "mass confusion". Coumbus still wants a lot but its decision time for them.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 05:22 PM
  #134
Nyrvana
Registered User
 
Nyrvana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Dreger was on NHL Live today. Things have gotten quiet with Nash. Its in the hands of Columbus. Teams have told them what they're willing to give up/wont give up and everyone is waiting on Howson. If there isn't a deal in place by the weekend(Sunday at the latest),there won't be a deal. Nash needs time to decide if wants to waive his NMC. Even for a team on his "list". Dreger called the situation "mass confusion". Coumbus still wants a lot but its decision time for them.
Sounds good to me. If we get him, it'll be at the price that Sather set.

Nyrvana is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 05:23 PM
  #135
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
I would not mind the Rangers picking up a guy like Shane Doan if you can get him on the cheap.

May not be available, and I'm not saying he's the offensive threat Rick Nash is (though he may not be as far away as you think...look at the stats for each over the last three years), but I LOVE the way he plays.

Sure he's old, but he's a UFA at the end of the season, so we only need him for another four months. I've watched a lot of Phoenix games, he's as feisty as ever, and he bugged the heck out of the Rangers the two times they played this year. And he's an incredible locker room guy...which is why he may not be available.

He would fit right in on this team, and he wouldn't cost much. If he costs too much, don't make the trade.

Maybe the guy wants one run at a Stanley Cup.

Jersey Girl is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 05:23 PM
  #136
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
My question is this: If we add a player in the offseason as a UFA, where will he play? Will you pay Dubinsky $4.2m again to be a 3rd liner?

Seems like Dubinsky is out if someone else comes into the top 6. He'll go for picks.

Just seems weird that people are reluctant to part with him for Nash, a proven NHLer, but would be willing to move him for picks which are a huge gamble.
I don't think many people are reluctant to move him for nash as much as they are reluctant to get nash. I'd rather sign or trade for someone costing less...and then sure, if we still need to clear cap space down the road we can move Dubinsky for prospects/picks. It's not an issue of Dubinsky vs. Nash. It's about cap flexibility and asset management.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 05:24 PM
  #137
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Dreger was on NHL Live today. Things have gotten quiet with Nash. Its in the hands of Columbus. Teams have told them what they're willing to give up/wont give up and everyone is waiting on Howson. If there isn't a deal in place by the weekend(Sunday at the latest),there won't be a deal. Nash needs time to decide if wants to waive his NMC. Even for a team on his "list". Dreger called the situation "mass confusion". Coumbus still wants a lot but its decision time for them.
Sounds like par for the course with Howson.

At the end of the day, Columbus doesn't need to trade Nash and won't unless another team is willing to overpay. And no team is willing to overpay with Nash's bloated long-term contract and the uncertainty surrounding the new CBA.

Crease is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 05:25 PM
  #138
gluvhand
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rockland County
Country: Greece
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
I would not mind the Rangers picking up a guy like Shane Doan. May not be available, and I'm not saying he's the offensive threat Rick Nash is (though he may not be as far away as you think...look at the stats for each over the last three years), but I LOVE the way he plays.

Sure he's old, but he's a UFA at the end of the season, so we only need him for another four months. I've watched a lot of Phoenix games, he's as feisty as ever, and he bugged the heck out of the Rangers the two times they played this year. And he's an incredible locker room guy.

He would fit right in on this team, and he wouldn't cost much. If he costs too much, don't make the trade.

Maybe the guy wants one run at a Stanley Cup.
The Coyotes just added Vermette. Seems like they're not in a selling mood.

gluvhand is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 05:27 PM
  #139
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gluvhand View Post
The Coyotes just added Vermette. Seems like they're not in a selling mood.
Probably not. Just a girl dreaming out loud lol.

OK Sather, now it's on you to find another Shane Doan at the deadline! Earn your cigars!

Jersey Girl is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 05:28 PM
  #140
AdamBanks99
MinnesotaMiracleMan
 
AdamBanks99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 360
vCash: 500
'yotes are also tied for first in the pacific. definitely buyers not sellers.

AdamBanks99 is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 05:28 PM
  #141
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Sounds like par for the course with Howson.

At the end of the day, Columbus doesn't need to trade Nash and won't unless another team is willing to overpay. And no team is willing to overpay with Nash's bloated long-term contract and the uncertainty surrounding the new CBA.
And for those reasons it seems quite likely that at the end of the day we will have had 7,000+ posts about a guy who wasn't even traded. lol

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 05:29 PM
  #142
gluvhand
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rockland County
Country: Greece
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Probably not. Just a girl dreaming out loud lol.

OK Sather, now it's on you to find another Shane Doan at the deadline! Earn your cigars!
LOL...he's still smoking Edmonton cigars. He doesn't need to earn any here. I kid, I kid.

gluvhand is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 06:05 PM
  #143
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Dreger was on NHL Live today. Things have gotten quiet with Nash. Its in the hands of Columbus. Teams have told them what they're willing to give up/wont give up and everyone is waiting on Howson. If there isn't a deal in place by the weekend(Sunday at the latest),there won't be a deal. Nash needs time to decide if wants to waive his NMC. Even for a team on his "list". Dreger called the situation "mass confusion". Coumbus still wants a lot but its decision time for them.
Thank you for posting this. At the very minimum this assures that if Nash comes here it will be on Sather's terms (not that that is really news).

Going through this process Howson is coming off pretty bad, borderline incompetent. Build up all this hype around trading your franchise player, then ask for the moon and nothing less? Yes, he doesn't have to accept less but man is that awkward, and not how you motivate players / create a winning atmosphere.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 06:32 PM
  #144
Jackpot
Registered Abuser
 
Jackpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Syracuse, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 650
vCash: 500
On Dreger:

Yes, it's pretty much up to Howson AND Nash...As the GM Howson has to get THE BEST return for Nash he possibly can. Then go to Nash and say hey, how about going to (insert team here). I'm sure those offers are on the table being mulled over. One thing working against Howson is the fact he would be getting the best return for Nash at the trade deadline as compared to waiting until the off season, so it would be wise to make the move sooner, rather than dragging it out over the summer.

Another thing working in the Rangers favor, even if a team like LA, Toronto has a better offer on the table, this doesn't mean Nash is willing to accept a trade to a borderline playoff team in which he would be expected to carry the burden of turning around one of the worst offensive teams in the league (regarding LA). May not be a HUGE hockey market in LA, but within the realms of the league it is asking alot and taking on GRANDIOSO pressure. Or living up to the expectations in a hockey driven market like Toronto where he would be lambasted by the media and fans if the Leafs were to miss out on the playoff's.

Also as many are aware, travel out west really stinks, play's a big role when player's are thinking about their future, and in this case LONG TERM future.

What I see happening :

Carter get's moved to LA before his NTC kicks in, poor guy just doesn't have a choice at this point.
This leaves things in Howson's and Nash's hands for 24 - 48 hrs over the weekend into Monday.

Howson: Do I take the great deal for Nash now the Rangers have offered, and I know Rick is willing to accept, or do I deal him in the summer for what will most likely be a lesser return?

Nash: Do I want to be put in the BEST CASE scenario to compete for a Cup. Do I want better travel, great organization, original 6 team etc..

All makes sense to me, but that's just me and I could be off by a mile, Nash might want to live in Hollywood on the west coast and loves long road trips..


I say 50/50 Nash is a Ranger by the deadline, and it all comes down to Howson. If he chooses not to move him now he might look like a fool for the return he get's over the summer as compared to what he MIGHT have received at the deadline. He could choose that route just to avoid looking like he got fleeced at the deadline with the big spotlight on. Making the move in the summer would be less drama with hockey out of the spotlight even if the return is less dealing Nash..


Last edited by Jackpot: 02-22-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Jackpot is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 06:40 PM
  #145
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
On Dreger:

Yes, it's pretty much up to Howson AND Nash...As the GM Howson has to get THE BEST return for Nash he possibly can. Then go to Nash and say hey, how about going to (insert team here). I'm sure those offers are on the table being mulled over. One thing working against Howson is the fact he would be getting the best return for Nash at the trade deadline as compared to waiting until the off season, so it would be wise to make the move sooner, rather than dragging it out over the summer.

Another thing working in the Rangers favor, even if a team like LA, Toronto has a better offer on the table, this doesn't mean Nash is willing to accept a trade to a borderline playoff team in which he would be expected to carry the burden of turning around one of the worst offensive teams in the league (regarding LA). May not be a HUGE hockey market in LA, but within the realms of the league it is asking alot and taking on GRANDIOSO pressure. Or living up to the expectations in a hockey driven market like Toronto where he would be lambasted by the media and fans if the Leafs were to miss out on the playoff's.

Also as many are aware, travel out west really stinks, play's a big role when player's are thinking about their future, and in this case LONG TERM future.

What I see happening :

Carter get's moved to LA before his NTC kicks in, poor guy just doesn't have a choice at this point.
This leaves things in Howson's and Nash's hands for 24 - 48 hrs over the weekend into Monday.

Howson: Do I take the great deal for Nash now the Rangers have offered, and I know Rick is willing to accept, or do I deal him in the summer for what will most likely be a lesser return?

Nash: Do I want to be put in the BEST CASE scenario to compete for a Cup. Do I want better travel, great organization, original 6 team etc..

All makes sense to me, but that's just me and I could be off by a mile, Nash might want to live in Hollywood on the west coast and loves long road trips..

A bunch of sources inclduing Dreger already said Nash did not put any West coast teams on his list as he does not want to join a team with a bad travel schedule. So LA/SJ/VAN can all be crossed off. The GM can waste time negoiating with them all he wants (SJ was talked about in this) but Nash isn't going to change his mind IMO. This is the next 6 years of his life in his hands.

Jumbo* is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 06:58 PM
  #146
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,780
vCash: 500
TSN Tradecentre/Quiz. 1st intermission of Caps@Sens

LeBrun,Dreger and Bob

Leafs are looking for a goalie

Nabokov or Lindback

Nash

Pierre likes Nash to the NYR. They want the price to come down. Rangers want a resolution b/c they have other deals in the works.

Dregs likes Nash to the Sharks.

Bob says he stays in Columbus

Pierre says Gaustad will be moved.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 06:58 PM
  #147
Jackpot
Registered Abuser
 
Jackpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Syracuse, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
On Dreger:

Yes, it's pretty much up to Howson AND Nash...As the GM Howson has to get THE BEST return for Nash he possibly can. Then go to Nash and say hey, how about going to (insert team here). I'm sure those offers are on the table being mulled over. One thing working against Howson is the fact he would be getting the best return for Nash at the trade deadline as compared to waiting until the off season, so it would be wise to make the move sooner, rather than dragging it out over the summer.

Another thing working in the Rangers favor, even if a team like LA, Toronto has a better offer on the table, this doesn't mean Nash is willing to accept a trade to a borderline playoff team in which he would be expected to carry the burden of turning around one of the worst offensive teams in the league (regarding LA). May not be a HUGE hockey market in LA, but within the realms of the league it is asking alot and taking on GRANDIOSO pressure. Or living up to the expectations in a hockey driven market like Toronto where he would be lambasted by the media and fans if the Leafs were to miss out on the playoff's.

Also as many are aware, travel out west really stinks, play's a big role when player's are thinking about their future, and in this case LONG TERM future.

What I see happening :

Carter get's moved to LA before his NTC kicks in, poor guy just doesn't have a choice at this point.
This leaves things in Howson's and Nash's hands for 24 - 48 hrs over the weekend into Monday.

Howson: Do I take the great deal for Nash now the Rangers have offered, and I know Rick is willing to accept, or do I deal him in the summer for what will most likely be a lesser return?

Nash: Do I want to be put in the BEST CASE scenario to compete for a Cup. Do I want better travel, great organization, original 6 team etc..

All makes sense to me, but that's just me and I could be off by a mile, Nash might want to live in Hollywood on the west coast and loves long road trips..


I say 50/50 Nash is a Ranger by the deadline, and it all comes down to Howson. If he chooses not to move him now he might look like a fool for the return he get's over the summer as compared to what he MIGHT have received at the deadline. He could choose that route just to avoid looking like he got fleeced at the deadline with the big spotlight on. Making the move in the summer would be less drama with hockey out of the spotlight even if the return is less dealing Nash..

Dreger just stole my post !!!! On NHL Network just now on "Fact or Fiction" Does Nash get moved ? Dreger: "fact - The return would be better right now and if the best offer on the table is from the Rangers of the teams willing to make a deal take it, VERY SMALL list of teams Nash is willing to go to" Per Dreger

Jackpot is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 06:59 PM
  #148
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerfan View Post
A bunch of sources inclduing Dreger already said Nash did not put any West coast teams on his list as he does not want to join a team with a bad travel schedule. So LA/SJ/VAN can all be crossed off. The GM can waste time negoiating with them all he wants (SJ was talked about in this) but Nash isn't going to change his mind IMO. This is the next 6 years of his life in his hands.
He just said Nash will end up in SJ

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 07:00 PM
  #149
sexton11
Registered User
 
sexton11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Pierre Lebrun just said on TSN that he believes the NYR will have Rick Nash on Monday. He said he thinks the talks have gotten to the point where they are stalling on other moves to see this through to the end.

Dreger says the Sharks will get Nash and Mackenzie thinks the CBJ will keep him.

sexton11 is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 07:00 PM
  #150
Jackpot
Registered Abuser
 
Jackpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Syracuse, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
TSN Tradecentre

LeBrun,Dreger and Bob

Leafs are looking for a goalie

Nabokov or Lindback

Nash

Pierre likes Nash to the NYR. They want the price to come down. Rangers want a resolution b/c they have other deals in the works.

Dregs likes Nash to the Sharks.

Bob says he stays in Columbus

Pierre says Gaustad will be moved.

Dreger just said on "Fact or Fiction" Nash - Rangers... Have best offer of VERY SMALL LIST.. These guy's kill me, wishy washy statements...

Jackpot is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.