HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#60: Kings @ Coyotes, 2/21/12 OT-S/O Loss T & T ... back in #8 Playoff spot.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:05 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
This!!

Richardson is where offense goes to die.
Is it even possible for Richardson to be in a downward spiral? The guy has been so bad for so long, he's another candidate for accountability right after Penner-wait, why can't the Kings hold more than 1 player at a time accountable? Penner, Stoll, Lewis, Richardson, bring your play books to Dean's office.

The Tikkanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:40 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

This is just depressing

This team controls their own fate--they're playing teams all around them in the standings, and we go on a losing streak at the worst possible time.

This team needs a win tonight badly, and they need to establish a positive streak. It's almost too late.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:42 AM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Is last year's injury affecting Kopi's play this year? While his numbers are still not bad, it has to bother him mentally. He's just not skating the way he used to. Plus, his SOGs are way down compared to the last two seasons.

Vamos Rafa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Nex06

So they score 4 goals and you guys are still not happy? Why?! I thought scoring was the problem? I thought defense is great and offense sucks? I thought Quick "can't win it by himself?"
Had some good laughs reading the forum after the game. Go on, please.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 01:48 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
So they score 4 goals and you guys are still not happy? Why?! I thought scoring was the problem? I thought defense is great and offense sucks? I thought Quick "can't win it by himself?"
Had some good laughs reading the forum after the game. Go on, please.
I had fun, that game was way better to watch.

Sutter/Tippet hockey puts me to sleep.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 02:09 PM
fyrescorp

Would like to beat a dead horse here,

I went to the game last night and I saw nothing wrong with Clifford's hit, it was a hockey check. Brle saw him coming and turned to watch his pass. How that piece of **** Raffi Torres didn't get a penalty is beyond me. I would hate that guy even if he were a King.

Also, the Richardson, Stoll, Fraser line should NEVER see the ice again.

fyrescorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 03:20 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

Not even a hearing for Clifford. Hmm... Maybe the refs got that one wrong.

cheap77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 03:41 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi11 View Post
Not even a hearing for Clifford. Hmm... Maybe the refs got that one wrong.
See??? We're not the only ones that noticed this...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 05:00 PM
yankeeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
So a guy shouldn't finish his check because the team is up late in a game? I'm pretty sure if you polled 30 NHL coaches and asked them if a player should or shouldn't fairly finish what replay showed to be a legal hit (at least in my view) in a game just because you have a late lead, all 30 coaches would say their player "should" always finish your clean checks at any time in a game. And most definitely Clifford's coach.
not what i meant and he took too long to finish the check from the blind side , and thats the kind of hit they are trying to do away with, personally it looked ok to me but in todays nhl they call that 9 out of 10 times..........(internet went down last night and this was the first chance to respond)a player standing still is different from a player on the rush that you lay out, if that had been one of our players we would have been screaming for that call and it served no point in the hit didn't send a message or stop a scoring chance and ended up costing us a point and letting them get 2.......in reality we probably blow the game in a different way,the way this year is playing out

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 05:14 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
not what i meant and he took too long to finish the check from the blind side , and thats the kind of hit they are trying to do away with, in reality we probably blow the game in a different way,the way this year is playing out
too long?? the puck was on Brule's stick less than a second before the check.

... and if KC doesn't check him, he goes down the ice and scores... and fans yell at Clifford for that.

98 / 100, the checkee gets ****** he got hit and he just skates away and tries to get even with Clifford later. How was KC supposed to know that Brule can't take a hard check on the shoulder/chest?

And IF Clifford had driven him into the boards, then he'd be called for boarding.

Butch 19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 05:37 PM
Rod Buskas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrescorp View Post
Would like to beat a dead horse here,

I went to the game last night and I saw nothing wrong with Clifford's hit, it was a hockey check. Brle saw him coming and turned to watch his pass. How that piece of **** Raffi Torres didn't get a penalty is beyond me. I would hate that guy even if he were a King.

Also, the Richardson, Stoll, Fraser line should NEVER see the ice again.
Fraser plays the 4th line roll well. He just got ****ed over by Sutter when he put Stoll and Richardson on his line. God they suck.

Richardson, it seems, regresses more and more each year. Why exactly is he on the team ?

Rod Buskas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 05:40 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Buskas View Post
Richardson, it seems, regresses more and more each year. Why exactly is he on the team ?
His playoff performance is why he's still here. The fact the front office is ignoring is that the team was also leaking goals when he was on the ice against San Jose.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 05:43 PM
drbob

Helen's article on bad loss:

and Matt Greene criticized their D, but he forgot to mention his own lousy play, such as as penalty that led to a goal,

Clifford was criticized by her, as well he should be:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...7428505.column

drbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 06:11 PM
yankeeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
too long?? the puck was on Brule's stick less than a second before the check.

... and if KC doesn't check him, he goes down the ice and scores... and fans yell at Clifford for that.

98 / 100, the checkee gets ****** he got hit and he just skates away and tries to get even with Clifford later. How was KC supposed to know that Brule can't take a hard check on the shoulder/chest?

And IF Clifford had driven him into the boards, then he'd be called for boarding.
like I said I thought it was a good hit but the fact was the guys who get paid to make that decision didn't, he hit a guy out of the play STANDING STILL not on the rush or even skating down to score , dumb hit at that time of the game with a one goal lead, get back on def, do not try for the big hit because every time we do it burns us,see dallas and JJ.....time and place for everything

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:14 PM
Monarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
if that had been one of our players we would have been screaming for that call
A call, I agree, but not that call. Not a major.

Monarchist is offline   Reply With Quote