HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Vanek for Stastny?

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Minute Major View Post
And, he's extremely valuable to you guys because, quite frankly, you have awful wingers. Much like we have awful centers.

I just don't see Colorado and Buffalo being trade partners if Buffalo has to ship out Vanek for a center.

That would be one step forward and one step back for us.

You guys are very lucky to have the depth at center you do. I'd kill for it.

I'm sure that Stastny will bring you guys back a very good winger but it won't be from Buffalo. I'd offer you a combination of Stafford, McNabb and something else but that would be minimizing Stastny's value.
He's extremely valuable to ''us'' because he's extremely good for his age and he has loads of potential, it has little to do with the position he plays.

Old
02-22-2012, 07:28 PM
AvsGuy

vCash: 500
Haha I like some of the responses on this page, actual good laughs. Quality burns all around!

-- As for the value, I don't see how either team's fans don't think its a wash. Neither Stastny nor Vanek have proven that they can throw a team on their backs, yet they're both skilled enough to potentially lead a really good top line to a crapload of goals. I think it's an intriguing idea, but again, while the OP said they deal from positions of strength, neither team likes how they'd look without the player they traded, so... Nah.

-- Also, can we quit the constant nag-fest about Landeskog? He's great so far, but the way Avs fans around here talk you'd think he was jesus. Then again, when was the last time a team traded their recent 2nd overall pick when they were more than happy with his play? He's obviously not going anywhere, if everyone would quit bringing his name up in trades / *****ing about it when his name IS brought up, that would be awesome, thanks everyone.

Old
02-22-2012, 07:30 PM
5 Minute Major

vCash: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
He's extremely valuable to ''us'' because he's extremely good for his age and he has loads of potential, it has little to do with the position he plays.
Yeah, but it certainly helps that he plays on the wing because, outside of him, you don't have a whole hell of a lot to talk about.

Old
02-22-2012, 07:42 PM
dma0034

Going to have to agree with everything Jame has said to this point. Colorado fans are telling Buffalo fans that they don't understand Stastny. Well understand that if Buffalo had a better coach that gave Vanek top line minutes his stats would be higher than they are now. Vanek has better numbers than Nash and would cost way more than Stastny. I'd personally rather grab Carter than Stastny.

When it comes to Roy a lot of Sabres fans respect his play but don't like the Derek Roy. Also understand that Roy was a 3rd line center for 3-4 years. Not getting the powerplay time he deserved. Yes he has had Vanek as a winger for most of his career but the first couple of years it looked more like Roy setting up Vanek. When Roy got injuried Vanek took off (when paired with Pominville). Roy has just gotten back to the way he was playing last year.

Vanek is one of only 3-5 players (Pominville, Myers, Ehrhoff, Gerbe, Ennis) that fans really don't want to see gone. So Colorado would need to add on that alone. As terms of a pure goal-scorer how many are more valuable than Vanek? A 2-time 40 goal scorer who has led his team in goal scoring for 5? years in a row. Stastny isn't worth that.

Old
02-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Avs44

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Jaeger View Post
Seriously? Jame pointed out factual information, which you generally bypassed. You've insulted the Buffalo fan base, and have used an ad hominem argument on almost every page in this thread.

Stats were used to show Stastny and Roy were similar. You argued
about linemates. Those percentages were provided. Should Buffalo fans just acquiesce to your perception that you know more? Should anyone that doesn't share you're point of view
disregard point totals and linemates percentages?

This board is full of posters that
attack the man (or fanbase).
That's lazy arguing. And, at least on this thread, you're one of them.
Percentages? Jame does not know anything about those
wingers. The fact that he laughed at Mueller pretty much proves that. Without Stastny Jones is a 3rd liner, Hedjuk has been steadily decling for years, yet he's acting
like he's a superstar. Stewart was lazy and not great here in his last year. What did Jame reply with? More stats!! All Jame has done this entire thread is pile up as many favorable stats as possible. Thats not proving anything. Ive already said were going to have to agree to disagree on the
Roy/Stastny conparison. If you feel like basing a players value entirely
of stats be my guest. Others who are perhaps a little more knowledgeable will realize stats don't tell the whole story. Please WATCH these guys before saying they are this or that.

Oh, and yeah. I was replying to a guy who said we'd have to add
Landeskog. Then you come up with this?

Old
02-22-2012, 07:53 PM
outoftune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Vanek has more trade value then Rick Nash IMO
Nominating this as my funniest quote of the week

Old
02-22-2012, 08:00 PM