HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXXIII (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Not surprised and not the 1st time he has been this year. He was slowing down since last year, it was a good riddance
Yup. And welcome Campoli!

Absolutely right, good riddance..

Old
02-22-2012, 07:14 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

3-0 Sens

Old
02-22-2012, 07:37 PM
coolasprICE

Sens cementing playoffs...

Owner Melnick must be happy man. And shocked.

Old
02-22-2012, 07:44 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Sens cementing playoffs...

Owner Melnick must be happy man. And shocked.
Good coaching + some very talented players and leaders + energetic youth + grit & muscle = success.

The Sens are building like the Bruins.

Old
02-22-2012, 07:55 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Good coaching + some very talented players and leaders + energetic youth + grit & muscle = success.

Too bad the Habs don't believe in that. The funny thing is Ottawa's goaltending stinks.

Old
02-22-2012, 08:03 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Too bad the Habs don't believe in that. The funny thing is Ottawa's goaltending stinks.
Anderson is a fighter. Auld is garbage.

Old
02-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:

But, but, you need guys like Palushaj who can play hockey!!!!

Old
02-22-2012, 08:08 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
But, but, you need guys like Palushaj who can play hockey!!!!
A lot of Ottawa's "grit & muscle" is better at hockey than Palushaj. Even if Chris Neil didn't fight he'd be better than Palushaj.

The Sens have created a nice, balanced team. Good for them, they have drafted well and have a good coach. Not sure I get the Bruins comparison, the Bruins don't have a PPG forward like Spezza or an offensive D as talented as Karlsson. All I see in common is both teams have depth scoring and can play physical, but even then there's a difference - The Sens top line isn't tough, while the Bruins have scorers and grit on virtually every line.

Old
02-22-2012, 08:15 PM
LesHabsRock

I find it funny how some of you are praising Ottawa for being an example of how you build a team when they are in 7th spot (a spot which you all claim is not worth finishing for the Habs and would prefer tank rather than 6-8th spot). Last season the Habs finished 6th and that wasn't good enough for you yet Ottawa is impressive as a 7th seed. Go figure. Praise other teams at 6-8 seeds, but a big fail if the Habs finish in that range.

Old
02-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Maliki2

Bruins getting so damn lucky in this game....

Old
02-22-2012, 08:20 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
I find it funny how some of you are praising Ottawa for being an example of how you build a team when they are in 7th spot (a spot which you all claim is not worth finishing for the Habs and would prefer tank rather than 6-8th spot). Last season the Habs finished 6th and that wasn't good enough for you yet Ottawa is impressive as a 7th seed. Go figure. Praise other teams at 6-8 seeds, but a big fail if the Habs finish in that range.
Ottawa is clearly a tough 7th spot, when the Habs make the playoffs on the other hand they are smurfs settlng for mediocrity. We need to trade everyone for draft picks, that's the only way to win!

Old
02-22-2012, 08:20 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Pretty damn good for a team that was expected to be a lottery team. They're also playing very well and have some good key pieces. They brought up the "kids" (which is what we should be doing) at the end of last year and gave them NHL experience.

They're also 2 points behind the Bruins. They could finish 3rd in the conference.

The Sens right now is what I envisioned the Habs to be. Big, gritty, fast and skilled. I could see a drop off next year but they're headed in the right direction, IMO.

Old
02-22-2012, 08:24 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Pretty damn good for a team that was expected to be a lottery team. They're also playing very well and have some good key pieces. They brought up the "kids" (which is what we should be doing) at the end of last year and gave them NHL experience.

They're also 2 points behind the Bruins. They could finish 3rd in the conference.

The Sens right now is what I envisioned the Habs to be. Big, gritty, fast and skilled. I could see a drop off next year but they're headed in the right direction, IMO.
We should definitely call up Subban, Emelin, White, Diaz, Palushaj, Price, Blunden. Weber, Eller, Pacioretty and that Desharnais dude!

The team clearly doesn't have enough players younger than 24 or in their first NHL season

Old
02-22-2012, 08:25 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Sens were nowhere to be seen on the radar last season.

Tremendous progress on all aspects.

99% of hockey fans and so called "experts" predicted a 13th-14th or 15th place in the East thsi season for them.

Old
02-22-2012, 08:27 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Sens were nowhere to be seen on the radar last season.

Tremendous progress on all aspects.

99% of hockey fans and so called "experts" predicted a 13th-14th or 15th place in the East thsi season for them.
Fair enough but don't you think it's going to be the same with the Habs next season? Imagine if the Sens liquidated their team, if Spezza was chased out of town like fans are trying to do to Plekanec here?

Old
02-22-2012, 08:33 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Fair enough but don't you think it's going to be the same with the Habs next season? Imagine if the Sens liquidated their team, if Spezza was chased out of town like fans are trying to do to Plekanec here?
Habs are lacking real top talents like Spezza, Michalek & Karlson, real leader like Alfredson, real tough guy like Neil, Konopka, Carkner

Old
02-22-2012, 08:40 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
We should definitely call up Subban, Emelin, White, Diaz, Palushaj, Price, Blunden. Weber, Eller, Pacioretty and that Desharnais dude!

The team clearly doesn't have enough players younger than 24 or in their first NHL season
You don't understand the difference between young players who are REGULARS and unproven, minor league players who you call up to evaluate? Really?

Too many kids on this site.

Old
02-22-2012, 08:46 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

spezza is a legit, career PPG center. plekanec wishes he was spezza. plekanec is a great #2, we still need to either find 2 more great #2 and 3 scoring line and lighten the defensive load on plekanec, or find that #1 we haven't had since forever

Old
02-22-2012, 08:48 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Habs are lacking real top talents like Spezza, Michalek & Karlson, real leader like Alfredson, real tough guy like Neil, Konopka, Carkner
Spezza is great but there was questions that he was on the decline, he hadn't looked like a PPG player in a few years.

Michalek is having a career season. He's 27 and until now he was more comparable to Andrei Kostitsyn than "top talent"

Karlsson is amazing offensively but he needs to work on his defense still. He's more talented than any of our puck moving defensemen but he needs to round out his game.

I'd love guys like Neil or Carkner on the Habs. Konopka is a punching bag who wins faceoffs.

They are the better team, but under proper management I don't see how they are a league apart from the Habs of last year.

Old
02-22-2012, 08:49 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
You don't understand the difference between young players who are REGULARS and unproven, minor league players who you call up to evaluate? Really?

Too many kids on this site.
Absolutely uncalled for, just like your attack on the Habs treatment of AHLers&young up and coming players.

Habs have given chances to many players this year, some sticked and others didn't. While I mentioned a couple young players that are regulars a lot of them were not with the team last year or were splitting time with Hamilton/other AHL teams. Emelin, Diaz, White, Blunden and perhaps Leblanc all ''made it'' this year. Guys like Engqvist, Palushaj and St. Denis were given some chances to prove themselves.

Who else should the Habs have called up? Would it have made a positive difference at all? You just seem like an oblivious basher to me. This year's team is terrible for multiple reasons but at least find the good ones, not giving chances to unproven players definitely isn't one of them. If anything we should have had another veteran or two on defense if we wanted to be competitive this year.

Old
02-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Craig71

Having Paul Maclean behind the bench with the experience of being with the best organization in hockey has been a plus for the Sens. It's too bad with the whole language crap that we will miss out on guys like Maclean that could do well here. Go Habs I guess.

Old
02-22-2012, 08:53 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
spezza is a legit, career PPG center. plekanec wishes he was spezza. plekanec is a great #2, we still need to either find 2 more great #2 and 3 scoring line and lighten the defensive load on plekanec, or find that #1 we haven't had since forever
I heart jason Spezza.

Old
02-22-2012, 08:55 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Spezza is great but there was questions that he was on the decline, he hadn't looked like a PPG player in a few years.

Michalek is having a career season. He's 27 and until now he was more comparable to Andrei Kostitsyn than "top talent"

Karlsson is amazing offensively but he needs to work on his defense still. He's more talented than any of our puck moving defensemen but he needs to round out his game.

I'd love guys like Neil or Carkner on the Habs. Konopka is a punching bag who wins faceoffs.

They are the better team, but under proper management I don't see how they are a league apart from the Habs of last year.
They had some (but few) better players to build on. + The hiring on coach McLean, of course, who is making a huge difference.

They traded away some good players at deadline last season (Fisher and Kelly) which helped them. Trading Elliott for Anderson seems to had worked in a certain extent.

Old
02-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Et le But

Quote:
They had some (but few) better players to build on. + The hiring on coach McLean, of course, who is making a huge difference.

They traded away some good players at deadline last season (Fisher and Kelly) which helped them. Trading Elliott for Anderson seems to had worked in a certain extent.
They managed their assets well and the coach was a major factor.

We don't have anyone quite as good as Spezza but I don't think our core is far off. When things go well it lifts up everyone, just look at Michalek.

Old
02-22-2012, 09:00 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Absolutely uncalled for, just like your attack on the Habs treatment of AHLers&young up and coming players.

Habs have given chances to many players this year, some sticked and others didn't. While I mentioned a couple young players that are regulars a lot of them were not with the team last year or were splitting time with Hamilton/other AHL teams. Emelin, Diaz, White, Blunden and perhaps Leblanc all ''made it'' this year. Guys like Engqvist, Palushaj and St. Denis were given some chances to prove themselves.

Who else should the Habs have called up? Would it have made a positive difference at all? You just seem like an oblivious basher to me. This year's team is terrible for multiple reasons but at least find the good ones, not giving chances to unproven players definitely isn't one of them. If anything we should have had another veteran or two on defense if we wanted to be competitive this year.
How was it an attack? It was a comment that you overreacted to.

I don't care who was called up during the season. They were called up due to injury. That's far different than calling a bunch of guys up and evaluating them over the last 20 or so games after the trade deadline.

You mention all these young players. Darche is still getting a lot of ice time, so is Gomez....Campoli shouldn't even be here. Palushaj's playing on the 4th line. What I'm talking about is let the KIDS play (more). Call up Enqvist, call up St-Denis, Schultz, Geoffrion etc... let Eller play more (play more on the PP). Weber should get much more playing time. Gomez and Darche should get less.

Get it?

Closed Thread