HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2012, 12:06 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

vCash: 500
Howson makes his first deal of the deadline sending Vermette to the Yotes.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:25 PM
JR303

As much as many of us, myself included, don't care for Bertuzzi (personally think he should never be playing in the NHL again) I have to give him credit for the deal he signed. That's a great $ amount for DET and regardless of his age, seems like Bertuzzi is a threat just about every time he's on the ice. No pun intended. I just hate we've got to deal with him for 2 more seasons.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:51 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Howson makes his first deal of the deadline sending Vermette to the Yotes.
Not bad. 2, 5 and AHLer.

For us would be 1,4 and NHLer bottom 6.

Old
02-22-2012, 02:19 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Not bad. 2, 5 and AHLer.

For us would be 1,4 and NHLer bottom 6.
pure conjecture

as far as this trading in division, it happens and the prices are no different. We traded, at the time a nhl quality starting/1A 1B type goaltender to STL for what, a 4th? We didn't charge more because it was in division. Now they are more likely to deal outside of teams they play all the time, but GMs are out to take the best deal possible, no matter the team.

Old
02-22-2012, 02:40 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
pure conjecture

as far as this trading in division, it happens and the prices are no different. We traded, at the time a nhl quality starting/1A 1B type goaltender to STL for what, a 4th? We didn't charge more because it was in division. Now they are more likely to deal outside of teams they play all the time, but GMs are out to take the best deal possible, no matter the team.
Did you just compare Us to Jackets???
We didn't. They will.

Old
02-22-2012, 02:48 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
pure conjecture

not exactly the same circumstance.

Im kinda doubting there was much of a bidding war for Mace.... much as I liked the guy I think Poile was just happy to unload his contract and the pick was a bonus.

If there is only a slight difference between an offer from us and an offer fom say, LA or Philly, I'd be surprised if the trade went our way..

Old
02-22-2012, 04:26 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
not exactly the same circumstance.

Im kinda doubting there was much of a bidding war for Mace.... much as I liked the guy I think Poile was just happy to unload his contract and the pick was a bonus.

If there is only a slight difference between an offer from us and an offer fom say, LA or Philly, I'd be surprised if the trade went our way..
you can doubt it, but will never know for sure. My point is teams deal within division. We have with lesser prospects as well. Boston-Toronto deals, you see teams in the southeast deal aevery deadline. I just think it is a joke to say just becasue we are in the same division we would have to overpay.

Old
02-22-2012, 04:41 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
you can doubt it, but will never know for sure. My point is teams deal within division. We have with lesser prospects as well. Boston-Toronto deals, you see teams in the southeast deal aevery deadline. I just think it is a joke to say just becasue we are in the same division we would have to overpay.
You think what Boston got for Kessel wasn't overpayment?

Old
02-22-2012, 05:05 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
agree with you 100% .. this overpaying because of being in the same division is straight baloney and speculation.. if poile wants carter / nash , its the same price as everyone else although there may be hesitation at some point..

and at the time, no it was not overpayment for kessel. in hindsight of course it is but we didn't know a thing of seguin

Old
02-22-2012, 06:03 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
agree with you 100% .. this overpaying because of being in the same division is straight baloney and speculation.. if poile wants carter / nash , its the same price as everyone else although there may be hesitation at some point..

and at the time, no it was not overpayment for kessel. in hindsight of course it is but we didn't know a thing of seguin
the problem is no two offers are straight apples to apples comparable.

all I am saying is if Howson has roughly the same offer from us or Philly, why would he trade with us?

if we clearly make a better offer, then sure, he makes the deal... but if its the same or even close...

Old
02-22-2012, 06:13 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
the problem is no two offers are straight apples to apples comparable.

all I am saying is if Howson has roughly the same offer from us or Philly, why would he trade with us?

if we clearly make a better offer, then sure, he makes the deal... but if its the same or even close...
I dont think any deal is exactly the same.. say jeff carter we offer blum lindback latta 1st

la offers bernier voynov 1st

.. hypothetically say they like blum more than voynov.. lindback and bernier are a wash.. then there 1st is slightly better.. we throw latta in and seal the deal.

if deals were the exact same, of course they choose someone else over us. but its a bidding war just like any other trade imo. if we have the best offer in their minds, they do the deal

Old
02-22-2012, 08:16 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post

Wasn't over payment???
Second overall, 32nd overall and 9 overall the following year for RFA?

Old
02-22-2012, 09:57 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Wasn't over payment???
Second overall, 32nd overall and 9 overall the following year for RFA?
he was a 22 year old coming off a 36 goal season... the only steep price is the 2nd overall. but again in hindsight, the leafs had no idea they'd be that bad. say they finish more where expected and its a 9th overall, 10th overall, 32nd overall .. kessel was 22 years old ! coming off a 36 goal season.. any team is paying a premium. look at rumored asking prices for nash.. puts it in perspective. so like I said no overpayment.. maybe now knowing what we know. they payed a heavy price for a fantastic player

Old
02-26-2012, 08:31 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Soooooo.... Anyone think its possible that either chicago or san jose miss the playoffs?

Old
02-26-2012, 08:36 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Soooooo.... Anyone think its possible that either chicago or san jose miss the playoffs?
Very possible that one or both miss

Old
02-26-2012, 08:40 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Chicago loses again tonight......is there any chance the Q-stache is updating his resume before the end of the year?

Old
02-26-2012, 08:43 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
But they are offensive powerhouses? They can't miss the playoffs with such an explosive offense.

Old
02-26-2012, 09:40 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
The Sharks will make it. They're too good of a team in all facets of the game not to. They're just going through a slump, but they'll come out of it. Whether or not they'll do much damage in the playoffs, I have no idea, but I expect them to make it. The Pacific is tight this year, though. The top three teams are within three points of each other.

I watched the Anaheim-Chicago game tonight, and the Blackhawks just have zero fire to them. There's no physical intensity in their play. With the exception of Hossa, they look like they're just going through the motions out there. Everybody in the conference has games in hand on them, so I wouldn't be too shocked if they fell out of 6th and maybe down as low as 9th or 10th, and Quenneville will likely be toast at season's end, even though it's not his fault that his GM didn't give him a decent goalie to work with.

I think the real story in the West right now is Vancouver. They're not only the best team in hockey, they've got 13 of their remaining 19 games at home. Sounds like we caught them at just the right time...

Old
02-27-2012, 01:56 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

A little humor to start the trade deadline day, from last night's Vancouver-Dallas game

Quote:
Apparently AV laughing fit (as well as Bieksa breaking up) has to do with Vernon Fiddler doing a Kevin Bieksa “angry face” impression.

#stars Fiddler first did it as a member of the Predators and brought it back out today, much to the delight of the #canucks bench.
And click below for that legendary face...

Last edited by Paranoid Android: 02-27-2012 at 02:46 AM.
Old
02-27-2012, 08:20 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

That is one of the best things I have ever seen

Old
02-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

Fiddler made me chuckle.

Pens take the lead on Dallas.

Stars should have traded us Ott and Ribiero.

Old
02-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

some great goaltending here in the last 8 minutes plus ot so far.

Old
03-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

Continue around the NHL discussion here.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1123469

Closed Thread