HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor - dal; tor - car; tor - nyi; tor - lak

Old
02-22-2012, 07:13 PM
The Hockey Life
HF Boards Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
I'm not even sure I'd trade Harding (resigned) for that. Much less Backstrom.
Haha don't shoot the messenger, go over to the Backstrom to Leafs thread and see for yourself.

The Hockey Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Monarchist

McKegg? I would honestly give more than Stoll for him.

Monarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

vCash: 50
I dont like this, cause youre trading all the prospects I love. Not going to comment on the value, but I hate the idea of trading D'Amigo and Blacker.

Michael Gary Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 07:34 PM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Gary Scott View Post
I dont like this, cause youre trading all the prospects I love. Not going to comment on the value, but I hate the idea of trading D'Amigo and Blacker.
hahaha, i hear you man!

uncleben85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 07:40 PM
ichabod13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHockeySanctuary View Post
Doubt it. We just had a conversation on another thread with Wild fans who said Blacker + 1st for Niklas Backstrom would be good.
there is a big difference between blacker and a first and blacker and a second in next years draft.

ichabod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:18 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
With Toronto being in a playoff race for the first time in a while is an opportunity for Burke to load up on the truculence and finally utilize his prospect pool and picks ( ) to finalize his roster and make a true shot at the playoffs, not just getting in on a semi-complete roster and getting bounced by a high seed.

Aulie
3rd
Connolly

Steve Ott

Why?

edit: Dallas looking to rebuild, gets a solid defender in Aulie and a decent pick. Thanks to THS about mutual friendly deal from both sides.

TOR 2012 2nd
Jerry D'Amigo

Bryan Allen

Why?

Similar to the Gill trade Toronto gives up a 2nd + a prospect. D'Amigo is doing well in the AHL currently sitting at 32 points in 54GP. D'Amigo could make an impact at the NHL some day and since Allen is going UFA I think he fits in that balance of not-untouchable but not worthless. Toronto does this for a guy that can play in the top 4 when called upon (if say..Schenn isn't doing so hot or GUnnar is injured ) and his size makes the Leafs as a whole harder to play against. People might have issues with the defensive system but I think everyone agrees depth on the blueline will push teams. Having the ability to run all 3 pairings without worry helps the buds.

Jesse Blacker
TOR 2013 2nd

Evgeni Nabokov

Why?

A veteran goalie with an established background is a big reason why Toronto would chase Nabokov. Add in the shaky-at-best goaltending performances and this leads Toronto to trying something out of the norm and getting a veteran goaltender instead of more youth. Nabokov is being offered an extension at this time but Toronto's futures package would help NYI. Blacker looks like he will make an NHL impact in time and the 2nd aids in the rebuild while Montoya looks to be the defacto #1 in Long Island. Toronto won't overpay for a pending UFA but right now it looks like they will need a guy between the pipes who knows how to steal games.

Greg McKegg

Jarett Stoll

Why?

Kings get a scoring prospect. Leafs get a good 3rd line center that ups their chances of being a playoff team. Stoll more or less completes the 'new' third line. That's all that really needs to be said.

So why does Toronto risk all this? Playoffs, but also a chance to surprise teams by suddenly having a deeper, more experienced team. It comes at the cost of 3 rounds and prospects but Toronto still escapes with the big 3 (Gardiner, Colborne, Kadri) on Toronto while also having guys like Ross, Biggs, and Percy. The only issue is cap space (Stoll and Ott being signed past this year) but Lombardi and others could be waived to make room.

edit: 1st deoesnt leave TO now

FUTURE LEAF LINEZ CUZ ERRY TRADE THREAD HAS TO AHVE THISZ

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
Kulemin - Grabovski - MacArthur
Ott - Stoll - Lombardi
Brown - Boyce - Armstrong
Crabb

Gunnar - Phaneuf
Allen/Schenn - Liles/Gardiner
Allen/Schenn - Franson/Gardiner
Komiwomisolonelyindatpressbox

Nabokov
Reimer
These are the best proposels i have seen on this board involving Leaf players.
No gross overrating of Leaf players. Just fair value put on each player and asking for fair value back.That two great and totally fair proposals i have read tonight.
Props to you my friend.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Belak Attack
:walrus:

Send a message via MSN to Belak Attack
Dallas trade, I'd probably pull the trigger. Ott would look great in a Leafs jersey, and would add some size, physicality that we're missing, and some pretty solid scoring. Sucks to lose Aulie, but it'd be worth it.

Not to keen on the Allen trade..

Getting someone like Nabby would be interesting to say the least, but as a pending UFA, I don't know if I'd want to take a chance on him.

Last deal I'd probably pull the trigger on, as well. Stoll's another player that would look good in a Leafs jersey, would add some size, etc.

These are fairly good deals all in all. Usually the deals from us Leaf fans are really blindly done and ..well, to say the least, not very even... Not too shabby.

Belak Attack is offline   Reply With Quote