HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

P.A. Parenteau

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-22-2012, 09:01 PM
  #76
islandermaniac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Blum's problem was that he was lacking the confidence he had last year, and from what I've heard from Milwaukee he isn't trying his hardest in the AHL. He was very solid and positionally sound last year, and very rarely made mistakes, but this year he has thought too long over the simplest decisions and was just outplayed by Ellis and Josi.

Josi has been considered atleast on par with Blum, if not for his horribly timed injuries. He's missed the WJCs, Olympics and training camp(s) with injuries if I'm not mistaken.

Ellis has incredible hockey sense, and is probably the most decorated prospect we've ever had. He's got all the makings of an elite defender, except most critics will say he's two inches too short, which is why he fell to 11th in the draft.

Blum has shown that he can be a really solid defender, he just needs to get experience and work harder, from what I'm hearing.
i missed this post the first time i read this page...

thanks for the balanced information. i watched nashville in last year's playoffs and was quite impressed. i've been left wondering what has happened as it really seems as though he is not even the same player! it is a little disconcerting to hear that he is not working hard enough. how would he expect to move into the preds top 6 without working hard? obviously, i know nothing of what garth snow thinks, but i would think twice about acquiring a kid who seems to be tempermental.

islandermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:04 PM
  #77
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
He's definitely playing a dangerous game, if he doesn't re-sign then he probably will be traded and if he bombs on his new team then that is really going to hurt his value and he might end up getting 1 year deals for less than the Isles were originally offering.
Parenteau is a legit scoring line forward in the NHL. I have never been a fan of his, but I've seen pretty much every game of his in an Isles jersey, but I have to give him a lot of credit. He is a good playmaker and is a good PP specialist. He's not a sexy name, but he can help a playoff contender.

I think both Parenteau and Walsh are both very confident that he'll be shown the money big time on July 1st. I'm curious to see what he eventually gets on the open market.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:13 PM
  #78
wej20
Registered User
 
wej20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Swansea,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 22,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Parenteau is a legit scoring line forward in the NHL. I have never been a fan of his, but I've seen pretty much every game of his in an Isles jersey, but I have to give him a lot of credit. He is a good playmaker and is a good PP specialist. He's not a sexy name, but he can help a playoff contender.

I think both Parenteau and Walsh are both very confident that he'll be shown the money big time on July 1st. I'm curious to see what he eventually gets on the open market.
He's definitely skilled but my point is that because he's unproven outside of the Islanders that if he were to struggle on a new team then he could really kill his value come July 1st. I'm really interested to know what sort of deal they're looking for though, I'm guessing at least 4 years and probably close to 4 million and I guess Snow's looking for something like 3 years @ 3 million.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:23 PM
  #79
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
He's definitely skilled but my point is that because he's unproven outside of the Islanders that if he were to struggle on a new team then he could really kill his value come July 1st. I'm really interested to know what sort of deal they're looking for though, I'm guessing at least 4 years and probably close to 4 million and I guess Snow's looking for something like 3 years @ 3 million.
He is unproven outside of the Isles, but I'm pretty confident that he'll play well for whatever team he is traded to, if he's traded.

We all assume that Snow offered Parenteau the same contract as Moulson received. It does make sense considering the salary structure that the Isles have set up to this point. Could he really get the Leino contract July 1st? I really think he could. Blows my mind when I think of it. If that's the case, he's priced himself off of the budget conscious Isles.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:28 PM
  #80
wej20
Registered User
 
wej20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Swansea,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 22,526
vCash: 500
I pity the team who gives him a Leino contract. Moulson's deal seems fair for PAP, I know it was mentioned earlier that he wants to be set for life well 9.4 million is a damn good starting point.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:38 PM
  #81
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
I pity the team who gives him a Leino contract. Moulson's deal seems fair for PAP, I know it was mentioned earlier that he wants to be set for life well 9.4 million is a damn good starting point.
Well stated. It only takes one moment of lunacy for it to happen though. I would be very happy if PA signed the same deal, you're so right that $9.4M is chump change. He would have signed that deal before this season and thrown an epic party - he looks just like that dude from Jackass and seems like the life of the party type of guy.

A former 9th round pick who toiled away in the minors. He's gonna cash in HUGE, good for him though. You get what you can Pap, I will always remember you fondly.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.