HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Them All Thread!

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2012, 08:02 PM
CapnCornelius

vCash: 500
I'm not sure being critical of the management of a team mired in last place constitutes cynicism. It doesn't take a cynic to look at this situation and see it as the mess it is. Apparently even the GM agrees since he is embarking on completely blowing up the roster he put together.

So, when even the GM has admitted the roster is a disaster as-is, the only question left is, why should the GM who put that roster together not be accountable?

Old
02-22-2012, 08:08 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
I agree, normal emotions, just as are positive emotions such as appreciation for former Jackets, and joy in small successes when the team plays well and even WINS!!!

I have no problem granting you and others your angst and anger. Please grant other fans the same courtesy. If some CBJ fans haven't fully signed on to the anger-protest movement don't stomp on the small places we can still find a modicum of pleasure in our "hobby".

God forbid anyone post any degree of positivity or support for players or the team. If not on the anger-wagon, you are dismissed as naive and irrational. I choose not to live in a constant state of doomesday and conspirancy mongering, that's all. It's a freakin hobby/pasttime. I can't see spending all that energy in that way, life's too short.
So, let's get this straight, you came to a thread entitled "Fire Them All" to escape all of the negativity in this cruel world?

That seems logical...

Old
02-22-2012, 08:11 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
So, let's get this straight, you came to a thread entitled "Fire Them All" to escape all of the negativity in this cruel world?

That seems logical...
You're so sweet, really you are. I take it all back about the crappy negativity...

I see, you are the guy in charge to set everyone straight, right? God help us all.

Old
02-22-2012, 08:14 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

And if you haven't noticed, virtually every thread on this board is rife with negativity, regardless of the title.

Viqsi, if you bail on the fanbase, can I come with you???

Old
02-22-2012, 08:19 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
You're so sweet, really you are. I take it all back about the crappy negativity...
I guess the irony is lost on you.

Some of us are going to work to effect change for the better. Whether you choose to support us or not, we won't deny you the right to celebrate when we succeed and we all have a team we can enjoy.

I cheer for the fans beside me, even you, more than any individual player on the ice. If you don't have that sort of comraderie with this great fan base, then I feel sorry for you.

Last edited by CapnCornelius: 02-22-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old
02-22-2012, 08:20 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
Me sorri for my bad English. I write sometimes to improve it and my post is really messy UFA or RFA - doesn't really matter cause they gonna get a raise anyway. I doubt you can keep all of your 8 FAs (I mean Blum, Suter, Weber, Hillen, Lindback, Kostitsyn, Wilson and Tootoo). I don't even count Gill and Bouilon. I hope the Preds would dump their most greedy d-man to the Jackets so he could show our youngsters how Weber and Suter learned to play defense. Of course preferably that would be Suter himself. Blum doesn't even have a spot on NHL roster wile Aaron Johnson is playing for the Jackets which is ridiculous.
Is Blum eligible for offersheet? I guess not, but those offersheeting rules are completely undiscovered for me.
we would be happy to include Blum in a trade for Carter

Blum+Lindback+1st round pick for Carter?

I do not know if Blum is eligible for an offer sheet. I do know he won't be eligible for arbitration

Old
02-22-2012, 08:20 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
And if you haven't noticed, virtually every thread on this board is rife with negativity, regardless of the title.

Viqsi, if you bail on the fanbase, can I come with you???
The worst team in the NHL after a decade may be a clue...... geez. This is CBJ fan business not an afternoon TV soap opera...

Old
02-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Legs

Quote:

I have no problem granting you and others your angst and anger. Please grant other fans the same courtesy. If some CBJ fans haven't fully signed on to the anger-protest movement don't stomp on the small places we can still find a modicum of pleasure in our "hobby".

God forbid anyone post any degree of positivity or support for players or the team. If not on the anger-wagon, you are dismissed as naive and irrational. I choose not to live in a constant state of doomesday and conspirancy mongering, that's all. It's a freakin hobby/pasttime. I can't see spending all that energy in that way, life's too short.
Well, this is interesting. I guess I would say I don't live in conspiracy and doomsday. I'm not angry, I'm extremely frustrated. Particularly with the existing CBJ management structure that has been in place for the past five years. The name of this thread is "Fire Them All!" and it refers to management and Arneil, not players per say. Not the "team." Howson and Priest are the targets because of their roles in drafting and hiring. It's been God awful,yet they fail to take any accountability for their actions. Yes, hockey is a pastime, but let's face it: we want a winning team, not one in the basement. We have spent over $60 million this year to get to the playoffs, and we all know how well that turned out. I'll just reiterate that the displeasure is mostly with management. We all love hockey and good CBJ games. No one is stomping on anyone else. Some are just vocalizing their frustration. And I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

Old
02-22-2012, 08:29 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
I'm not sure being critical of the management of a team mired in last place constitutes cynicism. It doesn't take a cynic to look at this situation and see it as the mess it is. Apparently even the GM agrees since he is embarking on completely blowing up the roster he put together.

So, when even the GM has admitted the roster is a disaster as-is, the only question left is, why should the GM who put that roster together not be accountable?
I wonder this same thing every day...and yet he is making moves....

Old
02-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Legs

Quote:

Well put, Capn!

Old
02-22-2012, 09:00 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 50
Part II here:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1114995

Closed Thread