HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

BNG @ ALB | 4 pm | Sunday, Feb 19th | no stream sorry

Old
02-19-2012, 05:12 PM
mianjo

vCash: 140
Bingo lose 4 - 2

mianjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:27 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

vCash: 500
Final stats.....

Binghamton Senators 2
at Albany Devils 4

Sunday, February 19, 2012 - Times Union Center

Binghamton 2 0 0 - 2
Albany 0 3 1 - 4

1st Period-1, Binghamton, Cannone 12 (Borowiecki, Da Costa), 7:01. 2, Binghamton, Borowiecki 4 (Cannone, Gryba), 15:47. Penalties-Tedenby Alb (tripping), 13:41; Gryba Bng (slashing), 16:09; Gryba Bng (bench minor - unsportsmanlike conduct), 19:39; Perkovich Alb (unsportsmanlike conduct, roughing), 19:39.

2nd Period-3, Albany, Sislo 8 (Whitney, Mills), 4:55. 4, Albany, Zalewski 11 (Perkovich, Whitney), 14:27 (PP). 5, Albany, Zharkov 9 (Mills, Tedenby), 16:52. Penalties-Downing Bng (elbowing), 9:07; Borowiecki Bng (roughing), 11:14; Gryba Bng (hooking), 13:59; Dziurzynski Bng (goaltender interference), 19:56.

3rd Period-6, Albany, Zharkov 10 (Whitney, Sestito), 19:55. Penalties-Perkovich Alb (slashing), 9:17.

Shots on Goal-Binghamton 10-9-10-29. Albany 11-19-9-39.
Power Play Opportunities-Binghamton 0 / 3; Albany 1 / 5.
Goalies-Binghamton, McKenna 13-14-0 (39 shots-35 saves). Albany, Kinkaid 13-13-1 (29 shots-27 saves).
A-3,502

Three Stars:
1. ALB - V. Zharkov
2. ALB - B. Mills
3. BNG - P. Cannone.

Parrish hurt no status on him yet.......

ZekeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:53 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
The hypocrisy of people on here ripping on the city of Binghamton and the fans is just rich, so very rich.
What is rich, is that we have fans in Bingo complaining about the players and yet Binghamton is lucky to have an AHL affiliate team at all. If I was Ottawa, I'd want my AHL affiliate to be closer to home, like Toronto does with theirs, so I can keep an eye on them, rather than give them to the wolves in another country that barely cares about hockey and is losing NHL teams left and right. Then we get a Bingo fan in here trying to pick fights, and threatens bodily harm to other posters... how brilliant is that.

Murray built a team that won a calder cup last season and people are still complaining this season that Bingo is simply a storage locker for prospects. Then we get a few complaints from prospects about Binghamton and they boo him for it? Petersson is that teams bloody highest scorer right now... he's earned the right to complain a little for playing on a **** team, in a small US city for a fan base that doesn't always seem to care that much about hockey. (reference comments pertaining to Rundblad for evidence)

I wouldn't have issues, except for the fact that Bingo fans treat a lot of our prospects like ****... which is not good for player development at all. Don't be surprised if Ottawa moves that team elsewhere, it will probably make the fans down there think a little bit about what they have and or had.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 06:06 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
What is rich, is that we have fans in Bingo complaining about the players and yet Binghamton is lucky to have an AHL affiliate team at all. If I was Ottawa, I'd want my AHL affiliate to be closer to home, like Toronto does with theirs, so I can keep an eye on them, rather than give them to the wolves in another country that barely cares about hockey and is losing NHL teams left and right. Then we get a Bingo fan in here trying to pick fights, and threatens bodily harm to other posters... how brilliant is that.

Murray built a team that won a calder cup last season and people are still complaining this season that Bingo is simply a storage locker for prospects. Then we get a few complaints from prospects about Binghamton and they boo him for it? Petersson is that teams bloody highest scorer right now... he's earned the right to complain a little for playing on a **** team, in a small US city for a fan base that doesn't always seem to care that much about hockey. (reference comments pertaining to Rundblad for evidence)

I wouldn't have issues, except for the fact that Bingo fans treat a lot of our prospects like ****... which is not good for player development at all. Don't be surprised if Ottawa moves that team elsewhere, it will probably make the fans down there think a little bit about what they have and or had.
You're right, Ottawa fans have never complained about their own players . Also, Ottawa fans never get pissed off when Montreal and Toronto fans crap on the city.

Also, isn't Ottawa lucky to have an NHL team at all as well? Like I said, oh so rich. Sorry, I'm calling out your complete bull ****. Have you ever been to Bingo for a Sens game? I have.

Ottawa is a great city for an NHL team, and Bingo is a great city for an AHL team, and that's that.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 06:22 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

Quote:
You're right, Ottawa fans have never complained about their own players . Also, Ottawa fans never get pissed off when Montreal and Toronto fans crap on the city.

Also, isn't Ottawa lucky to have an NHL team at all as well? Like I said, oh so rich. Sorry, I'm calling out your complete bull ****.

Ottawa is a great city for an NHL team, and Bingo is a great city for an AHL team, and that's that.
Booing a player because he is making 5million and not playing to that standard is a little different than booing a player because he made a few comments and he is basically the best player on your team. Do you see the difference?

Not only that, I don't live in Ottawa and never have. I don't boo players except on Toronto and I've been to Toronto, I've smelled their stinky ass city and know that it isn't that great. Montreal doesn't really say things that are bad about Ottawa, nor could they... they riot after losing a playoff series. If I were to complain about a player, there would be good reason. There have been plenty of players that called out Ottawa, called out Murray etc and they are gone now. The likes of Heatley who's career when for ***** and Rob Ray of all people. I can see their points, but I can also see that they are simple greedy ******** who have played in the pros for better or worse.

Petersson is pretty much a teenager still. I remember being his age and not knowing what the hell I was doing with my life. Also remember saying stuff that was probably complete idiocy. To boo a player in that instance is a bit ludicrous, nothing other than ego on the part of the fans. The treatment of Lehner by the fans last season and even this season is ********. Let the kids develop and let them be kids and do stupid things. Rather then boo them back to Europe.

Then we get someone in here calling him a Euro *****? Whether or not Petersson is playing for Bingo or the SEL, he is paying his dues before he plays in the NHL.

Normally I agree with what you're saying... but it is a joke to have affiliation that deep with a city and that big of an ego to worry about what some kid said. If Bingo turned into a ghost town, do you really think the government that is there or anyone else would give a **** about you or your personal feelings or anyone else who lost their jobs etc. This is why patriotism is such a joke sometimes.

Old
02-19-2012, 06:28 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

I see it as more of a learning experience for Petersson for as you have mentioned, he is young. People need to get humbled sometimes, and he got humbled by the fans on his comments. I think you need to put yourself in the shoes of a small, blue collar tight knit community type city. A guy is playing for your city in a sport there and he goes out and trashes the city he plays for, and the fans of said city aren't going to let them know their displeasure?

The guy made a mistake, he apologised, and he's probably a better person for realizing his mistake, and probably learned a little bit about dealing with the media. In the grand scheme of things its a no harm no foul sort of ideal.

I can agree with the patriotism point sort of since I'm not patriotic myself, but you can say that about a lot of things when bringing up the big picture. In the big picture, its just hockey, you can use that viewpoint towards the NHL and all sports in general too, among various other things.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Ouroboros

vCash: 1076
Talk about first world problems...

Ouroboros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Xspyrit

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
Sounds like there are some "special" people up in Ottawa too. "Die of boredom", really dude, most of the time your comments never cease to amaze me. This players are suppose to be professionals, this is their CAREER, their JOB. They chose to enter the draft, they chose to sign a deal with the Ottawa organization, playing in the AHL is part of it.
lol my comments amaze you? Weird, you're kind of stealing my lines but no problem we are in free countries where there is freedom of speech (well, you gotta wonder sometimes, don't you? ).

But coming from a guy who just posted today "You are an ass. Plain and simple. Have you ever been to Binghamton? Watch a game in our arena with our fans? Seen how we support our team? F you dude, why don't you take a drive down and I'll go 5 for fighting with you."

I can surely live with that

Quote:
As a fan you should be ashamed of Petersson's comments. No one wants their city trashed on. I've never came on this forum and trashed the City of Ottawa, I've never been there. It's just common human decency for most people. Obviously there are a few of you who have none.
lol, ashamed because he basically said Bingo was boring, that he was homesick and that his Swedish friends told him the arena was the worse they have been to? hahaha

And even then, we're not even sure that's what he litterally said (translated from Swedish + coming from a not very credible media)

That being said, that's exactly my problem with all this. What were REALLY those Petersson comments, in reality? Everyone seems to know exactly what he said but how many of you talk Swedish? lol. And how many of you know if what he said hasn't been modified or put out of context to fit that "media bill"?

Finally, no one want their city trashed on? lol, I live in Montreal. Go ahead and trash my city all you want. I could care less. People really get ******** for that? Is this real life? There's so many real problems in this world but we choose to spend our energy on that? That's where I disagree.

In fact, Montreal is probably the only city I trash because I live there. I trash it because the traffic is horrible (roads and particulary bridges suck, you'd think there was 10 millions people living there), there's no parking, it's dirty, the city lacks a "soul" unlike Quebec City (except 2-3 spots), we pay a lot taxes but still wonder what they do with it as there is no improvements, always under construction, etc.

You're making it seem like I AM THE ONE trashing cities all around. I don't do that except my own city once in a while. I trash people's behaviour, that's what I do.

I've never been to Bingo and probably never will so I'm not going to judge it. Apparently (based on what many have said), it is a very quiet city with nothing much to do for the youth. That's basically all I know about it. If I did say worse, I appologize

Quote:
I hate how people like you come on here and make generalizations about the fans in Binghamton. You do it all the time and I call you out on it every time. Just stop it. It seems like there is a pretentious attitude with some fans that the fans of the minor league affiliates don't matter. Frankly, that's ********. We are fans just as much as you are. We want a winner, we want our players to be supportive of the game on and off the ice.
Yes I make generalizations, but a generalization doesn't include EVERY person. That's what you have to understand. Guys like Zeke, Ski, BingoSensFans and yourself are people I usually appreciate and have no problem with. But guys like toetotoe or BCMVA, etc have said so many stupid things and trashed the Sens organization so much than yes, it makes them "special people" to me. The sample size on this board makes it look like there is quite a few of those in Bingo. Probably a 20% ratio because I believe in that 80/20 rule

Finally, I'm not mad at all about what you said, sorry if I said something that offended you. Of course, "die of boredom" is an over exageration x 1000 to point out that the 21 y/o must be bored, away from home, family, friends and probably even his gf. You gotta be in his shoes 10 seconds, not easy for human beings. They do it because there's a possible big pay out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
Dont worry, he's said far worse about Ottawa which he doesn't really know either except by reputation.
I said far worse about Ottawa? What? I always thought Ottawa is a fine city, very clean. I worked in sales before and had a lot of customers in Ottawa (hotels and golf clubs). I also like the SPB, find it very sharp. I am a grown men and did the party life a lot when I was younger so I'm not into "night life" anymore. I don't care if Ottawa has a lot less of that vs Montreal. I always said I prefered Ottawa than Montreal. My issue was probably more with the behaviour of some people at that time. Not sure what you are talking about or maybe it was when I was wondering last year if there was something toxic in the air because all the players coming to Ottawa seemed to have their worse seasons. Obviously, that was just some slight trolling in reaction to this board massive depression.

Also, it seems people still think a generalization includes every damn person when in reality it involves only a PORTION of them.

Last edited by Xspyrit: 02-19-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 07:06 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
I don't think Binghamton is considered part of the first world. Could be wrong though.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 07:15 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

Quote:
I see it as more of a learning experience for Petersson for as you have mentioned, he is young. People need to get humbled sometimes, and he got humbled by the fans on his comments. I think you need to put yourself in the shoes of a small, blue collar tight knit community type city. A guy is playing for your city in a sport there and he goes out and trashes the city he plays for, and the fans of said city aren't going to let them know their displeasure?

The guy made a mistake, he apologised, and he's probably a better person for realizing his mistake, and probably learned a little bit about dealing with the media. In the grand scheme of things its a no harm no foul sort of ideal.

I can agree with the patriotism point sort of since I'm not patriotic myself, but you can say that about a lot of things when bringing up the big picture. In the big picture, its just hockey, you can use that viewpoint towards the NHL and all sports in general too, among various other things.
I was born in a city smaller than Binghamton, I also lived in other cities smaller than Binghamton. I know what it is to live in these places... Whether there or a big city, it doesn't matter they are all insane.

Old
02-19-2012, 07:27 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post

Old
02-19-2012, 08:09 PM
Bueller

This is like when Filatov was struggling in Ottawa. Both the pro-Bingo/Filatov and anti-Bingo/Filatov crowds are/were insufferable.

It was one incident, Petersson apologized - let's move on.

Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:32 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Parrish displaying concussion symptoms Locke out indefinitely

Postgame

Parrish was displaying concussion symptoms after that hit by Perkovich, who apparently took his head and slammed it into the ice. Could not see that from my vantage point, but that's what Coach Kurt Kleinendorst saw on the replay. B-Sens are considering sending the tape to league. No way to know how long Parrish will be out at this point. Locke is still being diagnosed and is out indefinitely, likely to be wearing a full cage when he returns.

Via Joy.....

Dam Dam Dam_)(*&^&^%$&^%$#^%$)(&^%$

Old
02-20-2012, 07:16 AM
Xspyrit

wow, there's just nothing Bingo can do this year. Parrish and Locke keep getting injured and they're likely their 2 most important players

They'll come back stronger next year. A new wave of (better) prospects will come in and rookies and sophomores from this year will have another season under their belt. They also need to sign a AHL star at defense

Old
02-20-2012, 04:17 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Xspyrit:

Parrish and Locke are the offensive leaders + veterans, so yes that hurts.........

Binghamton still has some firepower up front.

Klinkhammer, Da Costa, Hoffman, Cannone, Petersson arranged in no particular order. Also DD has improved a great deal the past 2 months always liked DD my dark horse project.

D is where they are weak very weak am sure that will be addressed for next season.

Kaspars Daugavins & Jim O'Brien have moved up this season so am happy for them. Esp for Jim O'Brien who I always supported Jim when many threw him under the bus during his 1st yr. That is what we do down here develop players for Ottawa.

Last yr the Hockey Gods smiled on Binghamton. This yr they do not know who they are.

So I am grateful to Ottawa for last seasons miracle of the Calder Cup.

At times I still can't believe it as it ended 38 yrs of frustration for me.......

Old
02-20-2012, 05:47 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeA View Post
Xspyrit:

Parrish and Locke are the offensive leaders + veterans, so yes that hurts.........

Klinkhammer, Da Costa, Hoffman, Cannone, Petersson arranged in no particular order. Also DD has improved a great deal the past 2 months always liked DD my dark horse project.

D is where they are weak very weak am sure that will be addressed for next season.

Kaspars Daugavins & Jim O'Brien have moved up this season so am happy for them. Esp for Jim O'Brien who I always supported Jim when many threw him under the bus during his 1st yr. That is what we do down here develop players for Ottawa.

Last yr the Hockey Gods smiled on Binghamton. This yr they do not know who they are.

At times I still can't believe it as it ended 38 yrs of frustration for me.......
Yes, last yr was a great ride for Binghamton & well deserved, 38 yrs lol, at least it's less than the Leafs. I like DD as well as you know & hope to see him in Ottawa soon. There are likely at least two NCAA defencemen who should be joining Bingo next yr in Blood a big shutdown defenceman & Wideman a smallish defencemen with puck moving abilities. But I also think that the Murrays will add an experienced defenceman maybe even Benoit, if he comes back to NA. You will also have some experience in Wiercioch, Gryba & Boroweicki, if they all return.

It's been a tough yr down there but I have a lot of optimism for Bingo for next season.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:52 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
As much as I would hate to see the Sens leave Bingo and go to Cornwall it would probably be better for Ottawa and all the other positives of playing in a Canadian city. I like driving to see the Sens only an hour away - Cornwall is like 3 hrs, may as well go to Ottawa if I'm going to drive that. Why did the baby Senators leave PEI anyway?

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 10:55 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeA View Post
Xspyrit:

I was so glad for you Zeke

And of course, for our Sens prospects

I hope other Bingo fans aren't too harsh on the Sens this year when their team don't make the playoffs. They easily deserve a mulligan based on last year's accomplishment and unfortunate exodus in the off-season.

Offense will be good next year in Bingo, as usual and even better. Defense needs to be fixed. Wiercioch, Gryba, Borowiecki, Blood and who else? Wideman maybe, or Aneloski, Sdao... not sure. A good veteran (good both ways) to lead the charge is needed

Old
02-21-2012, 11:49 AM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
I was so glad for you Zeke

And of course, for our Sens prospects

I hope other Bingo fans aren't too harsh on the Sens this year when their team don't make the playoffs. They easily deserve a mulligan based on last year's accomplishment and unfortunate exodus in the off-season.

Offense will be good next year in Bingo, as usual and even better. Defense needs to be fixed. Wiercioch, Gryba, Borowiecki, Blood and who else? Wideman maybe, or Aneloski, Sdao... not sure. A good veteran (good both ways) to lead the charge is needed
This team is better than their record indicates. The talent is there, just a bad set of circumstances.

sens83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 03:50 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
This team is better than their record indicates. The talent is there, just a bad set of circumstances.
Sens83:

Call it luck, Karma, breaks, the hockey Gods Ect.

Last yr from April till June Binghamton got it all, we know the result the Cup.

The Calder Cup comes to Binghamton. Sens83 you remember that it took me (& others) 38 yrs to get the Cup. 38 of frustration down here for me ended when the Sens won game 6 of the finals 3-2. Now finally they can't take that away from me!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTV-zq5Iqjc

This yr the opposite injuries players not being able to step up, short on D Ect. So they have struggled but they still try, they give a good effort most nites. + very little good luck Ect things happen...................

Kaspars Daugavins & Jim O'Brien have moved up to Ottawa so be happy for them as that is what we do.

Try to stay positive I am already looking ahead to next yr some pretty good prospects are are moving up the Ottawa pipeline.

I hope that Ottawa has a deep run in the playoffs this season.

Aragorn, & Xspyrit as always thanks for the kind words, & insight that you bring to this blog.......................

As I have read a lot on this blog & have learned a lot about the game of Hockey here.........................

Old
02-22-2012, 09:10 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Next game Friday - Norfolk (Tampa) @ Bingo. Expect the worst.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote