HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Aww, that's Nash-ty." Nash Rumors Part V: McKenzie says down to Rangers/Sharks

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2012, 10:56 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
Why does everyone assume dubi is the one getting traded? What about anisamov?
Dubi: 4.2 million, 6G 19A
Artie: 1.875 million 11G 18A

Old
02-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Columbus has coveted Dubinsky for awhile and he's expendable.
yea because the Rangers have another top 6 forward who sticks up for teammates and go after guys like Ovechkin and Crosby much rather deal Anisimov who is a player that doesnt have any grit to this game at all...

Old
02-22-2012, 10:58 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
Why does everyone assume dubi is the one getting traded? What about anisamov?
Cap reasons. And supposedly Columbus has been interested in Dubinsky for some time.

But, I agree, from a talent standpoint and taking potential into account, and contract, I agree that Anisimov could possibly be viewed by Columbus as more deaireable, in theory.

But, I think, from what we have read, that the package would revolve around Dubinsky.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:01 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
yea because the Rangers have another top 6 forward who sticks up for teammates and go after guys like Ovechkin and Crosby much rather deal Anisimov who is a player that doesnt have any grit to this game at all...
You're not the only one.

Id rather keep Dubinsky, of the two.

But it goes back to that vacuum thing. Cap hit, contracts, yada yada... taken into account.

Some salary needs to go back Columbus' direction.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:01 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Meanwhile Anisimov is the one actually playing in the top 6 and has actually found some chemistry with his top 6 linemates. Prust and Rupp can stick up for their teammates.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:02 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Dubinsky is hardly a legitimate top-6 forward. "Going after guys" are what 3rd/4th line forwards are for.

02-22-2012, 11:03 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Cap reasons. And supposedly Columbus has been interested in Dubinsky for some time.

But, I agree, from a talent standpoint and taking potential into account, and contract, I agree that Anisimov could possibly be viewed by Columbus as more deaireable, in theory.

But, I think, from what we have read, that the package would revolve around Dubinsky.
Who wouldint be interested in Dubi, every team would want him and so should we.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:04 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
http://www.torontosun.com/2012/02/22...ash-and-carter

"Sources say Howson’s asking price from every team in the Nash talks is non-negotiable (at the moment) and gigantic in nature: A No. 1 pick in 2012 NHL entry draft pick; a good player off your roster (possibly Logan Couture or Joe Pavelski in San Jose’s case); plus the No. 1 prospect in the organization."
LOL no thanks

Old
02-22-2012, 11:09 PM
Esa 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
http://www.torontosun.com/2012/02/22...ash-and-carter

"Sources say Howson’s asking price from every team in the Nash talks is non-negotiable (at the moment) and gigantic in nature: A No. 1 pick in 2012 NHL entry draft pick; a good player off your roster (possibly Logan Couture or Joe Pavelski in San Jose’s case); plus the No. 1 prospect in the organization."
That's laughable. None of the insiders know for sure who Columbus is demanding or SJ / NYR are willing to move. However, taking production / cap hit into consideration, San Jose would be CRAZY to move either Pavelski or Couture straight up for Nash. Never mind adding. Problem for SJ is their prospects aren't as strong as NYR. What other really desirable young roster players could they move without creating a hole in the team?

Old
02-22-2012, 11:11 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Who wouldint be interested in Dubi, every team would want him and so should we.
He has severely fallen out of flavor here because of one down year and his contract. So people are pretty eager to get him out of here.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:14 PM
Cmox

I still say AA is moved before Dubi. Also I saw something a few days ago that EDM is interested in MZA.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:15 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

While I remain torn over the merits of doing a deal, the thought of an inspired and highly motivated Nash creating a lot of offense gets me warm all over.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:16 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
I don't want Dubinsky to go after Ovechkin and Crosby, I want him to score ****ing goals.

Players who have grit and stick up for teammates, but don't score much get 1.5 mil per year, not 4.2. If he's going to play with an edge, he better score too.

Right now, I'll take the guy scoring and who has chemistry with the team's top winger, and young play-making center.

Sucks for Dubi, but if he had put together a year of progression rather than one of regression, these talks probably wouldn't even be happening.

rip
Old
02-22-2012, 11:19 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
Wow when you think about those contracts that both Carter and Nash have for COLUMBUS of all places tells me one of two things: 1. Nobody wants to play for that franchise and you have to considerably bend over for talent to stay or come to play. Or 2. That General Manager should be shot. In my opinion no one should trade for Nash or Carter and let that franchise rot until they are contracted. When you are a small market team you can't possibly be that stupid. The NHL has been destroyed by carrying these type of abscess franchises I am sorry to say to their fanbases but it is true. I don't know how the Predators do it in Nashville but that is a model small market franchise that has always had the same coach and has been fairly successful and self sustaining and doesn't make these kinds of franchise destroying moves. But I digress.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:20 PM
SnowblindNYR

Dubi is a 3rd line now. Why would we get rid of a piece of our first line? If we keep him and move Dubi we can keep one of our top 2 lines intact and just move one player from the other. Don't have to make two moves.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:20 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Columbus has coveted Dubinsky for awhile and he's expendable.
And makes more sense contract-wise.

And Dubi is more redundant to our other players than Anisimov is.

And most especially this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
I don't want Dubinsky to go after Ovechkin and Crosby, I want him to score ****ing goals.

Players who have grit and stick up for teammates, but don't score much get 1.5 mil per year, not 4.2. If he's going to play with an edge, he better score too.

Right now, I'll take the guy scoring and who has chemistry with the team's top winger, and young play-making center.

Sucks for Dubi, but if he had put together a year of progression rather than one of regression, these talks probably wouldn't even be happening.
Honestly, if I were Howson I would PREFER Anisimov. If he'd rather have Dubinsky, by all that's holy, Slats - take the deal and run.

Last edited by BrooklynRangersFan: 02-22-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Old
02-22-2012, 11:21 PM
Esa 10

For the BILLIONTH time, NYR can't afford Nash's and Dubi's cap hits at the same time starting next year. If you move AA for Nash, you still have to trade Dubi in the summer for picks. So you lose both instead of just one. Brilliant.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:23 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
LOL.

I don't even know what to say anymore. Posters who are crying that Nash's contract will cripple our team when it's time to resign our RFA's have absolutely no issue shelling out nearly the same amount of money to sign Parise.

Parise isn't going to be a Ranger. I don't see it happening like I could see for a year with Brad Richards. Just the fact that some of you would cringe at having Nash's contract on the team but be perfectly fine with signing Parise is laughable. In fact it would actually be harder to resign all of our RFA's if we signed Parise because we'd still have that 4.2 mill waste of space on the roster.
Not sure why this is so hard to comprehend. First, in all likelihood Parise will count about 1M less against the cap. Second, he won't cost any assets.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:23 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
While I remain torn over the merits of doing a deal, the thought of an inspired and highly motivated Nash creating a lot of offense gets me warm all over.
Same boat here. He has the tools to be a dominant player in this league. Could just need the right place to find that next level.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:24 PM
OverTheCap

This is getting annoying already. I come in here to check to see if there is any news and it's the same arguments over and over again. The Parise/Nash debate from a few pages was already discussed two days ago. The same argument about Dubinsky from last night is being rehashed again. I just want this to be over.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:25 PM
Crease

This needs to turn into a photoshop thread until a substantial rumor comes out.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:26 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
This is getting annoying already. I come in here to check to see if there is any news and it's the same arguments over and over again. The Parise/Nash debate from a few pages was already discussed two days ago. The same argument about Dubinsky from last night is being rehashed again. I just want this to be over.
Yeah, pretty much people have their minds made up on whether they want to make the trade or don't...nothing is likely to change that.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:27 PM
Ail
k.

I'm so annoyed I am reading things no one is forcing me to read! Argh!

Old
02-22-2012, 11:31 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
I'm so annoyed I am reading things no one is forcing me to read! Argh!
I prefaced that by saying I come in here to read if there are any updates on the situation, the rehashed arguments are just a distraction for me. To each his own. Guess I'll stick to the trade rumors thread on the main board.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:32 PM
Crease

LA lost big tonight, are slumping hard and has more difficulty scoring than the Rangers do. Perhaps this pushes them over the edge and they give in for Nash.

Closed Thread