HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#61: Kings @ Avalanche, 2/22/12, 4-1 Loss

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2012, 11:40 PM
Aussie King

vCash: 500
AEG should announce a ticket price decrease for next year.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:41 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie King View Post
Free admissions if you ask me, its the way to go

Old
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Ya because how many scoring chances did he miss tonight? Do you really think if we got a new GM all of a sudden they'll know how to score again? Come on, man...
Perhaps the new GM wouldn't be so dumb as to completely ignore skilled forwards in the draft

Old
King Richards
Dry Island II

Kopitar with 6 shots on goal in his last 4 games... in 95 shifts

Old
02-22-2012, 11:42 PM
BehindEnemyLines
2012&2014 CHAMPS

This season is not lost yet...BUT it doesn't look like this team can even win a game, let alone build up a win streak. Heads will roll to be sure.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:43 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 900
Avs fan dropping in... must be frustrating not to be finishing, but you did create alot of chances tonight. Opposing team's goalie seems to be robbing you guys every night, but maybe it's also a bit of not making life hard enough for the goalies.

I was really surprised that Quick started. Depsite your struggles, I'd imagine starting Bernier over Quick might have altered this game on its own.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:46 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
I am thinking someone put a curse on this team. There is no other explanation.
You mean the home plate logo wasn't bad enough luck as it is???

Old
02-22-2012, 11:46 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Avs fan dropping in... must be frustrating not to be finishing, but you did create alot of chances tonight. Opposing team's goalie seems to be robbing you guys every night, but maybe it's also a bit of not making life hard enough for the goalies.

I was really surprised that Quick started. Depsite your struggles, I'd imagine starting Bernier over Quick might have altered this game on its own.
Dumb move by sutter, we usually lose back to backs anyways, why play quick? i dont understand why, hes ruining quick's confidence

Old
02-22-2012, 11:47 PM
Bandit

Is Roenick talking about Washington or us? Interchangeable, really.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:48 PM
bobafettish*

washington has had a lot of injuries. the kings are just junk.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:48 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

That Clifford turnover was hideous.

02-22-2012, 11:50 PM
Mxpunk

Quote:

Gotta give it to the Avs. They played great but there is no excuse for the Kings' porous defense in the 1st.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:51 PM
Mxpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
That Clifford turnover was hideous.
I love cliffy but his turnovers killed us the last two games

Old
02-22-2012, 11:52 PM
fsanford

Quote:

Hey, you want to coach a hockey team, we need someone with good common sense like you have

Old
02-22-2012, 11:54 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie King View Post
I'd still refuse. I don't enable losing.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:58 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Perhaps the new GM wouldn't be so dumb as to completely ignore skilled forwards in the draft
Right, because Kopitar, Richards, Brown, Penner, Williams, Stoll, Doughty, Johnson have ZERO skill. ZERO. Got it.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:03 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:

Have you always been this bad?

Old
02-23-2012, 12:06 AM
tomd

Quote:
Right, because Kopitar, Richards, Brown, Penner, Williams, Stoll, Doughty, Johnson have ZERO skill. ZERO. Got it.
Well to be fair to the other poster, only one of the above was drafted by our Boy Genius and that one was a defenseman.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:06 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
And he drafted how many of those?

Sutter really Terry Murray'd the Kings from the start. Team scores four goals the night before? Switch up the lines! Quick has a shaky start and doesn't look his best the night before? Throw back in only to have him look like even more ****!

Then there's the fact that the team just didn't even show up. Colorado completely outworked the Kings from the first minute to the last minute. That was a dominating effort. Apparently the Kings don't quite grasp the importance of these games.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:11 AM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

AEG should start Bonfire night with the home plate jerseys...

Old
02-23-2012, 12:19 AM
skip2mybordeleau
Oh No,We Suck Again!

vCash: 5000
i don't mean to rip the kings, or their fanbase, but why are so many people attacking dean lombardi, or saying fire dean lombardi,

on paper i think the kings have one of the best teams in the western conference, , and hiring daryl sutter who plays such a defensive style, just doesn't work in the new nhl imo, i think you guys have the firepower to put up more goals than you have lately.

i think with a proper coach, who plays a good 2 way game, you guys would have a great team.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:19 AM
gonnaneedsomewine

I don't know why Lombardi likes/admires Darryl Sutter so much and brought him in as his "go to guy" with his own job virtually on the line.

He seems like the exact opposite of Lombardi, who fancies himself as an eloquent corporate guy with a business background and a law degree.

Ok, the guy will crack the whip, but just listen to the guy talk in an interview. He's barely audible half the time, he's incoherent, he can't put together a full collection of thoughts or even form sentences. He's a guy who lives on a farm/ranch and raises his own cattle in the middle of nowhere.

How can he possibly be communicating effectively with the players? How can he be teaching them anything? How is there any hope for offensive creativity or improvement on the power play?

Sutter seems like one of these "let's play chip and charge/dump and chase and just out work other teams and grind them down." I don't feel like he brings enough hockey intellect or really any intellect in general at all. He just seems like a guy that would get taken to the woodshed in the X's and O's department by a lot of the other coaches in the league.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:21 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gali39 View Post
i don't mean to rip the kings, or their fanbase, but why are so many people attacking dean lombardi, or saying fire dean lombardi,

on paper i think the kings have one of the best teams in the western conference, , and hiring daryl sutter who plays such a defensive style, just doesn't work in the new nhl imo, i think you guys have the firepower to put up more goals than you have lately.

i think with a proper coach, who plays a good 2 way game, you guys would have a great team.
Who hires the coach?

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
02-23-2012, 12:22 AM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gali39 View Post

You really need to watch this team to see how deficient the talent level really is. "On paper" means nothing. This team is awful and has ZERO leadership on the ice.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:23 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
And that is the worst part of it all.

Dean's drafting strategy has left the Kings without any sure thing scoring prospects to go along the horrible lack of skill on the NHL roster. The damage he did to this team is incredible. I have no idea how you end up with so little legit forward talent both at the NHL and developmental levels. It's going to take going talented forward with first round picks probably the next 3-4 years to build this system back to a respectable level after 6 years of ignoring talented forwards under Dean. Which is exactly what SJ did after Dean was fired up there.

Maybe Dean can take over the Ducks...drive all three California teams into the ground.

Last edited by Herby: 02-23-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Closed Thread