HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#61: Kings @ Avalanche, 2/22/12, 4-1 Loss

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2012, 11:28 PM
skip2mybordeleau
Bye Stefan Elliott

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Who hires the coach?
his only major lapse imo, if dean goes, i would like to see sutter fired as well, at the very least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
You really need to watch this team to see how deficient the talent level really is. "On paper" means nothing. This team is awful and has ZERO leadership on the ice.
i just think the team plays like this without the system, to match their style of play, seeing kings games in the playoffs in past years, i thought they had a bright future. and would be western conference champions and that only it was a matter of time

Old
02-22-2012, 11:32 PM
no name

vCash: 500
heard the first two goals and ran away from GDT.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:34 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

I've tried to be positive but this last stretch of ten games is killing it for me, put a fork in them....this team is done.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:36 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

This team has so many road games left, making the playoffs seems extremely improbable from my perspective. These forwards aren't capable of playing any system that leads to productive hockey, DL thinking this team would be solid in a cycle-based offensive system is just insane, they are too mentally fragile and too reactive rather than proactive in making plays. Regardless of coach this team is ****ed from top down until reconfigured.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:37 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorJeep View Post
I am at peace with this team not making the playoffs, it might be time to start spending some time away from them for a bit.
As of right now, the Kings are only 8 points out of 26th place, and a top 5 pick (& a shot at the #1).

Time to think about long term and take several (more losses) for the team.

This after-the-ASG folding act reminds me of 05-06, but at least that team could score.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:40 PM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
As of right now, the Kings are only 8 points out of 26th place, and a top 5 pick (& a shot at the #1).

Time to think about long term and take several (more losses) for the team.

This after-the-ASG folding act reminds me of 05-06, but at least that team could score.
I say its time to be sellers again. Penner, stoll, richardson, lewis, etc. I wouldnt trade any of the dmen, goalies, Kopi, richards, brown, or williams at this point though

Old
02-22-2012, 11:43 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
And that is the worst part of it all.

Dean's drafting strategy has left the Kings without any sure thing scoring prospects to go along the horrible lack of skill on the NHL roster. The damage he did to this team is incredible. I have no idea how you end up with so little legit forward talent both at the NHL and developmental levels. It's going to take going talented forward with first round picks probably the next 3-4 years to build this system back to a respectable level after 6 years of ignoring talented forwards under Dean. Which is exactly what SJ did after Dean was fired up there.

Maybe Dean can take over the Ducks...drive all three California teams into the ground.
Even with the guys he's drafted with the good skill sets, were still talking 2-3 years at the earliest that they get a shot in the NHL. To me he values drafting like this:
1.defense
2.goaltending
3.gritty character forwards
4.skilled forwards

You can take it to the bank he'll pick a defenseman again in this years draft with our 1st pick, and we wont see a skilled forward until the 5th or 6th round.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:44 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
And that is the worst part of it all.

Dean's drafting strategy has left the Kings without any sure thing scoring prospects to go along the horrible lack of skill on the NHL roster. The damage he did to this team is incredible. I have no idea how you end up with so little legit forward talent both at the NHL and developmental levels. It's going to take going talented forward with first round picks probably the next 3-4 years to build this system back to a respectable level after 6 years of ignoring talented forwards under Dean. Which is exactly what SJ did after Dean was fired up there.

Maybe Dean can take over the Ducks...drive all three California teams into the ground.

You want to complain about a draft ? Try 2006: Giroux, Marchand,Stewart,Berglund,Foligno, Lucic ALL picked after Trevor Lewis. Marchand and CLutterbuck picked two and three spots ahead of Zatkoff.

Round two pick LA Kings Joey Ryan(WHO the hell is that) Two spots later Milan Lucic

I know GM's miss on picks, and I know Dean said back end out. But jesus man, La needs better scouts then.

Boston and Peter Chiarelli seem to find Plenty of Roster players in the draft. Hell look how the Rangers are built. Everyone thought the Rangers GM is a moron.

That Draft just makes me sooooooo mad.

You know what I'll give Lombardi a pass, maybe he didn't have HIS scouts in at the time.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:47 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Sutter is an idiot.

The team plays one night in Phoenix, then the second night in the high altitude of Denver... And he starts Quick again.

Why the hell do you have a backup goalie if he doesn't even play on nights like this?

Time to trade Bernier. Zatkoff could have sat the bench in favor of Quick just as well as Bernier did.

(yes I know Quick was pulled. I'm talking about Sutter's decision to start Quick tonight.)

Old
02-22-2012, 11:48 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
This team has so many road games left, making the playoffs seems extremely improbable from my perspective. These forwards aren't capable of playing any system that leads to productive hockey, DL thinking this team would be solid in a cycle-based offensive system is just insane, they are too mentally fragile and too reactive rather than proactive in making plays. Regardless of coach this team is ****ed from top down until reconfigured.
Agreed. How Lombardi & Co. thought this team could still play the cycle game minus Handzus, Simmons and Smyth is beyond me. I'm not seeing any character, vet presence-the only guy who shows up every night is Quick (unless he's forced into back to back games and the dmen fall asleep or make bad reads). This team doesn't need Nash, they need a C4.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:49 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gali39 View Post
his only major lapse imo, if dean goes, i would like to see sutter fired as well, at the very least.
The Cammalleri, Penner, Visnovsky, and Richards trades were major setbacks for the organization. He hasn't been able to land an impact UFA scoring forward. He hired Terry Murray who was unable to develop the offensive abilities of our young forwards resulting in the loss of Moulson, Purcell and ultimately Simmonds as well. Lombardi has also failed to draft and develop a single top 6 forward in his 6 years as GM. The hiring of Sutter speaks for itself. The organization is depleted of forward skill/depth and we currently have one of the worst offenses in NHL history with a maxed out pay roll.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:51 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
The Cammalleri, Penner, Visnovsky, and Richards trades were major setbacks for the organization. He hasn't been able to land an impact UFA scoring forward. He hired Terry Murray who was unable to develop the offensive abilities of our young forwards resulting in the loss of Moulson, Purcell and ultimately Simmonds as well. Lombardi has also failed to draft and develop a single top 6 forward in his 6 years as GM. The hiring of Sutter speaks for itself. The organization is depleted of forward skill/depth and we currently have one of the worst offenses in NHL history with a maxed out pay roll.
Game ,set, Thread....

LA welcome to another Mini Rebuild

Old
02-22-2012, 11:51 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

The altitude here in Colorado is nothing to laugh at. It's serious. I'm in pretty good shape, but I can feel it after playing just two minutes of hoops. Another reason why the decision to start Quick tonight is STUPID.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:52 PM
bobafettish*

other teams are saying it our own announcers are saying it. this team has no creativity whatsoever. any time we had a chance of acquiring someone with creativity we shy away. FUUUUUUUU

Old
02-22-2012, 11:57 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gali39 View Post
i don't mean to rip the kings, or their fanbase, but why are so many people attacking dean lombardi, or saying fire dean lombardi,

on paper i think the kings have one of the best teams in the western conference, , and hiring daryl sutter who plays such a defensive style, just doesn't work in the new nhl imo, i think you guys have the firepower to put up more goals than you have lately.

i think with a proper coach, who plays a good 2 way game, you guys would have a great team.
So lets say you are in charge with hiring the coaching staff.

you figure out the coaches just doesn't work or fit the team.
then you fire some guys and hire exactly the same.........

Is that answering your questions?

Old
02-22-2012, 11:59 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
other teams are saying it our own announcers are saying it. this team has no creativity whatsoever.
But we're building from the net out.

That supposedly means you can't be good offensively.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:01 AM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
Even with the guys he's drafted with the good skill sets, were still talking 2-3 years at the earliest that they get a shot in the NHL. To me he values drafting like this:
1.defense
2.goaltending
3.gritty character forwards
4.skilled forwards

You can take it to the bank he'll pick a defenseman again in this years draft with our 1st pick, and we wont see a skilled forward until the 5th or 6th round.
I think something is not fitting here

Old
02-23-2012, 12:14 AM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

We still need to get the bugs out of the system...even though it might mean a trade or six...

Old
02-23-2012, 12:17 AM
Monarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
So lets say you are in charge with hiring the coaching staff.

you figure out the coaches just doesn't work or fit the team.
then you fire some guys and hire exactly the same.........

Is that answering your questions?
Don't forget the invincible PP coach Kompon who hasn't been fired despite running one of the worst PPs in the league, until Bernie Nicholls took over his functions but he's still there. So now he's...not doing anything at all? Which I guess is better than doing his job poorly?

This is the third Kings head coach he's been with. Yes, the third. Lombardi=/=accountability.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:19 AM
butthead666

How many GMS are allowed to make three coaching changes in 6 seasons, spend up to the cap, not win a single postseason series and get to keep their job?

Old
02-23-2012, 12:20 AM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
Don't forget the invincible PP coach Kompon who hasn't been fired despite running one of the worst PPs in the league, until Bernie Nicholls took over his functions but he's still there. So now he's...not doing anything at all? Which I guess is better than doing his job poorly?

This is the third Kings head coach he's been with. Yes, the third. Lombardi=/=accountability.
I find it funny that Kompon was the one going over film with Richards, nolan, and King in the film room. No wonder they cant score! Get rid of Kompon, and i think the offense is going to see some improvement

Old
02-23-2012, 12:26 AM
butthead666

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
The altitude here in Colorado is nothing to laugh at. It's serious. I'm in pretty good shape, but I can feel it after playing just two minutes of hoops. Another reason why the decision to start Quick tonight is STUPID.
Sutter should know that since he coached in that division for a few years. This was going to be a tough game either way coming off a tough loss but Bernier needed to play at some point. this should have been the game.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:30 AM
Mr Irreverent
Misunderstood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Perhaps the new GM wouldn't be so dumb as to completely ignore skilled forwards in the draft
What are these "skilled forwards" that you speak of?

Old
02-23-2012, 12:33 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Hate to say it, but management and coaches will need to go if they keep this up. How many times do we got to see Quick get run into the ground before they get it? I've been saying this for almost 3 seasons now. Going back to the Quick/Ersberg days when Ersberg was riding the pine sans a couple games. We have two very capable goalies, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why they don't have a goalie plan to get goalie #1 rest for the stretch run and goalie #2 a game during a back to back?

When are they going to get it? This management has botched the goaltending situation completely from the get go. Come to think of it botched a lot of positions other than goaltending as well. It's incredibly frustrating to watch everything unravel....its like 2005-06 all over again.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:33 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpunk View Post
I love cliffy but his turnovers killed us the last two games
Clifford needs to go back to Manchester ASAP.

Closed Thread