HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers talking contract with Brandon Prust

Old
02-22-2012, 06:46 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

vCash: 500
Woooo

Get it done now so I can get my Prust jersey so I don't have to worry about him leaving.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 06:54 PM
Leetch66

I doubt the Rangers will spend any excess money on Biron...with our blueline we could find somebody else if he wants much more money . Things are going to get tight dollar wise and all areas will need to be adjusted accordingly and the back up goalie and a team's 4th line are usually where things start .

The Pen's always have a turnover on the bottom 4-5 guys and they seem to be alright ! We night have to get used to that situation too ! IMO...4th liners should be young and hungry and looking to impress enough to get a bigger contract...Rupp has looked old with the exception of a couple of fights ...a Million per season would have been enough .

Just a thought...2 years with a team option on the 3rd at 1.5-1.2-1 in the last season for Prust .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 07:56 PM
frozenrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
I doubt the Rangers will spend any excess money on Biron...with our blueline we could find somebody else if he wants much more money . Things are going to get tight dollar wise and all areas will need to be adjusted accordingly and the back up goalie and a team's 4th line are usually where things start .

The Pen's always have a turnover on the bottom 4-5 guys and they seem to be alright ! We night have to get used to that situation too ! IMO...4th liners should be young and hungry and looking to impress enough to get a bigger contract...Rupp has looked old with the exception of a couple of fights ...a Million per season would have been enough .

Just a thought...2 years with a team option on the 3rd at 1.5-1.2-1 in the last season for Prust .
Options are not allowed in the current CBA.

2 years max for Prust.

And you must be very careful w/ Biron. While a great team player, he's 34. His second half performance should be scrutinized very heavily before committing anything beyond a 1 year deal.

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:05 PM
Leetch66

I was wondering about the Option year thing...Thanks ! Then , yes 2 years is enough for Prust...we have kids coming and they have to play in order to make our Cap work plus ya just gotta have hungry kids in games !

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:31 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

I dont get why they cant just lock up prust and del zotto now...why wait?

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Dr. Ogrodnick

vCash: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
I dont get why they cant just lock up prust and del zotto now...why wait?
Doesn't Del Zotto not have arbitration rights? I think Sather is probably counting on keeping DZ relatively cheap through his next contract before looking to extend him long term. Especially if he's contemplating Nash or a run at Parise.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:41 PM
Slick Rick 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Yeah, I'm also not understanding the buyout Rupp sentiment. The last few offseasons should make clear that there's a mandate from somewhere (whether it be Sather or even Dolan) that this team carry a heavyweight on its roster. I'd much rather pay a little more for Rupp rather than have to dig through the UFA heavyweights again.
Sather has always kept one heavyweight around. The one time he didn't (in 05-06), he claimed Colton Orr off waivers. Ever since the game Jagr got run by Fedoruk back in 07, this team has essentially always had a heavy, or at least one or two middleweights that can hold the fort on the roster.

I don't understand the idea floating around of buying out Rupp myself. Personally, I like him.

Slick Rick 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:28 AM
mahonistan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangersfan1416 View Post
Sather has always kept one heavyweight around. The one time he didn't (in 05-06), he claimed Colton Orr off waivers. Ever since the game Jagr got run by Fedoruk back in 07, this team has essentially always had a heavy, or at least one or two middleweights that can hold the fort on the roster.

I don't understand the idea floating around of buying out Rupp myself. Personally, I like him.
The brawler is a necessity.

mahonistan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 06:31 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Brandon Prust, eligible to become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season, told Slap Shots he has placed discussions concerning an extension on hold.

“I just want to focus on playing,” he said. “There will be time to take care of business after the playoffs.”
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/islan...#ixzz1pT1idmQm

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 08:27 AM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
There is no need to deal Rupp. Froma 4th line prespective, what else are you looking for/

As for Prust, he is to this team what Maltby/Mcarty (more the former than latter) was to Detroit and is a part of the core of the lockerroom. Even as a 4th/3rd liner. He should be kept.
i like rupp and have hopes he'll be better in the playoffs and next year. i also think it's kind of a waste of time to be talking about cap issues when there's no cba in place and we don't know the cap. sure, he could go if the rangers need a million or two. but i will leave that to the team to manage. there are way too many variables at this point. all i can say is i like rupp and have no prob with the rangers giving him minutes every game.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:24 AM
JayQueensNY88*

PRUST=KEEP
Fedotenko=KEEP, Martin Biron=NOT SURE, Steve Eminger=KEEP, John Mitchell=GOODBYE and Jeff Woywitka=GOODBYE

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay8899 View Post
PRUST=KEEP
Fedotenko=KEEP, Martin Biron=NOT SURE, Steve Eminger=KEEP, John Mitchell=GOODBYE and Jeff Woywitka=GOODBYE
Prust and Biron are definite keeps.
Feds is injury riddled and I think his time has come after this season.
Mitchell and Woywitka can definitely leave.

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay8899 View Post
PRUST=KEEP
for the UFA's I go with
Keep- Prust (3rd/4thline), Biron(backup), Mitchell(spare F)
Lose- Feds, Woywitka, Eminger

RFA I bring back Zuccarello since it should not cost alot to qualify him...........both Stralman and Bickel for D depth. Ideally as spares. Carry Bickel on the last roster spot and have him play 4th line wing if a day to day injury occurs.

In my head which likely wont happen. They will go for Parise, not sure if they will get him but if they do

Lundqvist, Biron

McDonaugh, Girardi
Staal, Del Zotto
Erixon, Sauer
Stralman, Bickel

Parise, Richards, Gaborik
Hagelin, Stepan, Callahan
Anismov, Dubinsky, Zuccarello
Rupp, Boyle, Prust
Mitchell

Kreider likely finds a spot somewhere if he has even a descent camp

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 02:09 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Hopefully our roster is improved to the point Prust/Boyle/Rupp have no fathomable destination other than 4th line.

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGBleedBlueNYR View Post
Hopefully our roster is improved to the point Prust/Boyle/Rupp have no fathomable destination other than 4th line.
This, please.

Ih8theislanders is online now   Reply With Quote