HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hemsky to Nashville E4!

Old
02-22-2012, 10:29 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
Really hemsky doesnt have a spot next year. I see us drafting Grigs at 2nd and gagner playing some wing and pivot on that line as a rhc and rhrw. Gags is staying...hemsky is going. It isnt talked about alot but magnus actually gets alot of his non dirty goals when he is on his off wing; he has a great release from there.
Gagner needs to play center to be most effective.

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 10:38 PM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard7737 View Post
wow, i have read it all now...i know for a fact Nashville would not give Josi straight up for Hemsky let alone throw in a 1st...Hemsky may have got that 3 years ago, but he will be lucky to fetch a late 1st now...and I wouldnt give that either, but being a sellers market, someone will.
can you imagine being an oiler fan and being lumped in with these guys? this is the same hemsky that was out an entire 15 seconds on the pp gave up the puck then coasted behind bolland hoping the puck would just drop off bollands stick and place itself on his.

if hemsky was in a draft this year... teams would pass on him for lack of team pride and passion and self-fn-respect. what a clown.

infact if a guy doesnt play proper defense his junior team, bantam, midget team cuts him. he never even laces his skates

i love that rnh and ebs are showing oilers fans true hockey players... running all 3 zones and potting near point a game at 18 and 20 years old with miles to go to their ceiling and no questions of who works with them. put eberle with eager and a trash can and he still gets near ppg while bouncing off checks at 20

with hemsky its always... wait until he gets better linemates....wait until hes 25...wait until hes 30.... wait until he has a centre... wait until...wait...just wait...

then along come real talents and they dont need projections or a centre to cover for their half efforts...nor do they slack in the off season. there is no buy in to belief with these 18-19-20-21 year olds...they are already PROVEN. year after year they will bring more than just their easy offense...the3y will bring it all defense offense and physical play.

love having hockey players for once.

lol

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 10:52 PM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilFan91 View Post
i will disagree based on how he plays versus more defensive opponents or when opponents implement locks and strategies to protect leads. I find him to be extremely good on the wing in the tighter space games. Also opposing coaches will adjust during games and when they do you can counter. gags has always been good as a center if a team wants to open it up against us... when that happens the only thing holding him back is himself. As a winger he can enter further and ignore his coverage a tiny bit more to press offensively...which can become necessary in a tight check game AND to get him the touches he needs to stay mentally in the game. If its a tight checking opponent or if game flow has gotten slow than id like him on wing to get his deft hands around the net and corners

agree to disagree

always good to have options as a coach

Old
02-22-2012, 11:11 PM
OilChuck
Clutch and Crutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSexualManCrush View Post
No, that's whats wrong with Oilers fans. Remembering him for what he was and not what he is.

He is a 4 goal player. he was a 70 point player.
Nucks fan showing his intelligence............

OilChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:13 PM
OilChuck
Clutch and Crutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilFan91 View Post
Yep.....you can't compare......he's invisible on the wing....

OilChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:31 PM
Slatsmsg

vCash: 370
This thread will be fun to re-read if Hemsky gets traded by Monday. Alot of experts here.

Slatsmsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:42 PM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilChuck View Post
Yep.....you can't compare......he's invisible on the wing....
yup. gags sure sucked playing his best hockey of the year prior to the 8 point night when he was on his off wing playing with ebs and rnh only a lil more than a month ago. boy he sure sucked getting 3 points a night.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:45 PM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slatsmsg View Post
This thread will be fun to re-read if Hemsky gets traded by Monday. Alot of experts here.
indeed. i will reread it religiously and love every second if that trash is booted out.

All the years wasted with the excuses. awww he needs better linesmates, he needs better d passing to him, he needs a better centre to cover for him, he needs more protection, he needs another 3 years then just watch out, wait til hes 25, wait til hes 30.

meanwhile...rnh at 18 and 160lbs gets ppg... and back checks like a demon, great +/-.; eberle ppg.... selke likely coming...best in league at ppg/min.
sorry i dont need to believe anymore.... i get PROOF!!

Suckers and their imaginations. 8 years and id say 10 good games to show for it. I got 20 games i can remember jaw dropping already just this year for rnh and ebs

hemsky who?
glory glory hallejlujayh BAHAHAHAHa.

i am so happy we finally have hockey players in edmonton,

Last edited by oilinblood: 02-22-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old
02-22-2012, 11:46 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
They'd get a first and a middling defensive prospect like Josi.

Neither will be as good as Hemsky.
You trying out for last comic standing or something? Josi throughout his development has already been credited with being farther ahead than either Weber or Suter at the same points in time. Middling my ass. If Suter bolts this summer, Josi is his replacement on the 1st pair. He wouldn't be traded straight up for Hemsky, much less also throwing in a 1st. Good god you are hilarious.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:49 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
He'll be second pairing at best. 2 is between 1 and 3. He is middling by the very definition.

And it's actually getting sad how Nashville fans (and apparently management) are content on sitting on their defense. Give something up or it's another early exit this year. The window is closing.
So what team are you a fan of??? Obviously one that can't develop defenseman if you think Josi is a "middling prospect"

Old
02-22-2012, 11:53 PM
oilinblood

as an oiler fan i have to admit most oiler hockey followers feel they are experts because we have rinks on every block and hockey knowledge is gained thru osmosis.

just imagine living here.

they think hemsky is jesus christ and tell everyone.. "yeah sure he is just an ordinary one dimensional player but just you wait and have fiath for he will walk on water...its horcoffs and smids and gilberts fault...they dont suit the great jesus". they compare hemsky to gaborik...nope BETTER than gaaborik. i know its hilarious and you are probably rolling over laughing but this is how delusional people are here. they think he can play hockey.

frankly if hemsky was in the nhl entry draft today no one would even scout him because if you cant play defense you wont even get on a junior team.

so glad this chapter will be closed.

if we get a late 1st i will be kissing everyone i see and laughing just like the king at the beginning of "army of darkness" when ash orders the soldiers to let him go. i expect i late 2nd though.

Last edited by oilinblood: 02-23-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Old
02-23-2012, 12:12 AM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
as an oiler fan i have to admit most oiler hockey followers feel they are experts because we have rinks on every block and hockey knowledge is gained thru osmosis.

they think hemsky is jesus christ and tell everyone.. "yeah sure he is just an ordinary one dimensional player but just you wait and have fiath for he will walk on water...its horcoffs and smids and gilberts fault...they dont suit the great jesus". they compare hemsky to gaborik...nope BETTER than gaaborik. i know its hilarious and you are probably rolling over laughing but this is how delusional people are here. they think he can play hockey.

frankly if hemsky was in the nhl entry draft today no one would even scout him because if you cant play defense you wont even get on a junior team.

if we get a late 1st i will be kissing everyone i see and laughing just like the king at the beginning of "army of darkness" when ash orders the soldiers to let him go. i expect i late 2nd though.
If he's re-signed will you go away?

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:25 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
If he's re-signed will you go away?
wont happen. he wants 4 -5 years term. pay attention to his interviews.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:30 AM
Juice

I wonder if Lindback could be had for Hemsky? One of the most talented backups that doesn't get any attention or exposure because he is in Nashville and behind Rinne. The guy is huge at 6 foot 6 and has massive upside. Plus Edmonton really wants the support of Sweden with their abundance of Swedish players on the Oilers Roster

Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:45 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post
I wonder if Lindback could be had for Hemsky? One of the most talented backups that doesn't get any attention or exposure because he is in Nashville and behind Rinne. The guy is huge at 6 foot 6 and has massive upside. Plus Edmonton really wants the support of Sweden with their abundance of Swedish players on the Oilers Roster
Lindback is an RFA. We have no need to trade him because he is a cheap, very talented goalie.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:47 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:

If he can't play defense, he will not survive in Nashville. Sergei Kostitsyn bought into the system and plays on the PK now. I never would've thought that when we got him. Hemsky better learn how to play some D or he won't get along with Trotz.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:53 AM
Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Lindback is an RFA. We have no need to trade him because he is a cheap, very talented goalie.
But Hemsky is a bonafide top six forward that could help the preds in the playoffs. Also help convince Suter and Weber that the team is very serious about competing for a cup. You have to ask yourself if Lindback is worth keeping even though Rinne is signed for the 7 years, and is a elite goalie who can play over 60 games. Lindback wont get a chance to play. Sometimes you make tough moves even though you know they can help you in the short term. Does Lindback give this team a chance to win the cup this year? Or does adding some offense?

Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 01:08 AM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
wont happen. he wants 4 -5 years term. pay attention to his interviews.
Link to this interview? The word on the Oilers board is 2-3 years.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:20 AM
craiger17

vCash: 100
Quote:
Latest rumblings on Edmonton radio stations is Hemsky may be looking at 2-3 years.

craiger17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 01:22 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
i dont watch tv much so i know it was cfrn a week ago late night news. its the only tv i have watched in a month other than oiler road games.
he was standing against a wall and asked about his future ahd he said ,2 years makes no sense for me. i am an unrestricted free agent and players play a long time to get those rights. i am only 28 years old and i am a top rw. i want a deal in the 5 year term or maybe more.
... then there was an edit so i dont know if it continued this thought...
i still feel i am a top line forward and ... well if a team has you pegged as a second or even third line right wing than you have to ask is that what you want because i also want a long term comitment. the situation has to be right and the term has to meet my needs. as a ufa i get the right to see the offers made to me. I dont see myself as a 2nd or 3rd line forward. some guys can do that, i have years before i should have to make that decision.

i know from numerous sources the oilers made an offer but no one i have talked to or called up said they knew anything about the dollar figure. i suspect the oilers did as usual for them and made the pitch to go with the offer. it was likely a hit to the ego for ales... his role has been taken but he is still wanted on short term basis. eberle is ppg in 2nd pro season and 20 yo ... hemmer cant touch that. no need to talk about eberles heart passion pride, 2 way game, intensity and 5 on 5 dominance.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:26 AM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
i dont watch tv much so i know it was cfrn a week ago late night news. its the only tv i have watched in a month other than oiler road games.
he was standing against a wall and asked about his future ahd he said ,2 years makes no sense for me. i am an unrestricted free agent and players play a long time to get those rights. i am only 28 years old and i am a top rw. i want a deal in the 5 year term or maybe more.
... then there was an edit so i dont know if it continued this thought...
i still feel i am a top line forward and ... well if a team has you pegged as a second or even third line right wing than you have to ask is that what you want because i also want a long term comitment. the situation has to be right and the term has to meet my needs. as a ufa i get the right to see the offers made to me.
Yea, keep shoveling that

Old
OneSharpMarble

Hemsky seems like the absolute wrong player for Nashville, too much of a playmaker. I think they would make a stronger play for A.Kostitsyn.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LickTheEnvelope
Decertified Poster

Quote:

Funny you said that, i've read Hemsky compared to Gaborik about 3 separate times this week and kept shaking my head.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 01:27 AM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Funny you said that, i've read Hemsky compared to Gaborik about 3 separate times this week and kept shaking my head.
Maybe for previous injury issues. But otherwise I'm calling BS

Old
02-23-2012, 01:31 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by craiger17 View Post
Latest rumblings on Edmonton radio stations is Hemsky may be looking at 2-3 years.
weird when hemmers own mouth at the presser said 5 minimum. mind you it was delivered more like 'i am 28 years old. i would want a 5 year deal ' as a starter kinda deal. he has a point. at his age why only go for 3 and come out of it when people say your now on the down hill? 31 isnt as good as 28 for leverage as a forward...especially an injured one.
as far as the second part of his interview it sounded like he was trying to speak in general terms but it was obvious he was talking about himself and the oilers. it came off as sulking.
for the record i think some idiot will likely give him 6 or 7yrs. he has never been a money guy so i could see him going to detroit where he would have to take a big cut to his pay day. id say detroit does a 6 year 27M?