HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Linus Omark to Florida

Old
02-23-2012, 12:07 AM
luby3131

vCash: 500
Linus Omark to Florida

This concept fascinates me. The Panthers are one of the worst shoot out teams in the league and are severely lacking some offensive fire power. Omark is caught in a numbers game in Edmonton and is expendable for the right price. So what may that be? What would it cost Florida to bring the skilled winger south?

luby3131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:18 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Given how many prospects florida has at defense I would say a defensive prospect that is also caught in the numbers game. Perhaps Alex Petrovic?

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:20 AM
DakrSnooze

Omark for Bengtsson.

DakrSnooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:22 AM
voxel

Oilers don't need D prospects. 2nd 2012 would be fine.

Omark on the shootout? Meh. He's an elite playmaker and a bull with the puck on the boards (takes multiple players to strip the puck away). However he does make stupid giveaways in the middle of the ice.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:22 AM
SDig14

No idea. Not sure how the management in Florida values all their D prospects and I honestly have no clue what the Oilers plans are for Omark going forward.

I'm hoping we see Omark in the NHL sometime this year now that he's back playing and we can see where he fits before we considering dealing him.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:27 AM
DakrSnooze

All depends what happens with Hemsky. If he's re-signed on a 2 or 3 yr deal then Omark is expendible. If Hemsky's traded then I could see the Oil giving Omark top 6 minutes for the rest of the season and giving him a real look.

DakrSnooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:45 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakrSnooze View Post
All depends what happens with Hemsky. If he's re-signed on a 2 or 3 yr deal then Omark is expendible. If Hemsky's traded then I could see the Oil giving Omark top 6 minutes for the rest of the season and giving him a real look.
exactly what i was going to say but i know the oil have extended a 2 year offer that was turned down. Hemskys pov, and although i dont like hemsky i understand his ideas, is that he has already given up a year of ufa eligibility under the current deal. He wants a 5+ year contract as far as term. he hasnt talked about dollar figures publicly but that doesnt surprise me. for the record i believe he leaves dollars to the agent while he is strict on term. One thing he has talked about clearly (it is unlike him to even talk and when he does its extremely vague but on this point he was quite clear) he feels he can be a #1 rw for the next 5 years and wants to be on a team where he has that position given to him. With eberle getting a ppg in just his second year and 20 y/o and not even hitting his ceiling yet...hemsky is NOT a #1 rw here.

so... i expect hemmer to be dealt.

the reason why the offer being rejected is not public? sure hurts your trade leverage and return if your partner knows you dont have a hop of retaining the assets services and he will hit the market for free.
from what i have heard though the secret wasnt kept for long and most of the nhl and agents know hemmer isnt staying in edmonton.

i hope when hemmer gets dealt that they mix things up. id love to see the swedes together. but when rnh returns it really puts gagner back in limbo. maybe we deal another forward but i dont see that happeneing.
also OKC is firing away at the #1 spot in the league. not sure if edmonton interferes much.

hall rnh eberle
magnus lander omark
smyth horcoff gagner
eager belanger jones

horcoff is one of those guys that has a decent off wing shot like Magnus. i wonder if him and Gags can switch off at times. coaches never mind having 2 guys who can take draws on the same line, especially when ones a left and ones a right.

Last edited by oilinblood: 02-23-2012 at 12:50 AM.
oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 02:36 AM
oilinblood

would you guys be interested in a package with omark? hemsky or khabi for the playoff run?

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 10:41 AM
luby3131

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
would you guys be interested in a package with omark? hemsky or khabi for the playoff run?
Florida would love to get their hands on Hemsky, but would pass on Khabi. Jose Theodore has been terrific thus far.

luby3131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 10:45 AM
zeus3007*

I think it all depends on if Edmonton re-signs Hemsky or trades him. If they trade Hemsky, the only guy in the system currently who can play 2nd line rw and be totally out of place would be Omark. The Oil will give him a look there until the end of the season, and if they feel he doesn't fit, a trade could be worked out, but until then I don't see it happening. That said, his asking value from the Oil would probably be a 2nd rounder.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 10:47 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Given how many prospects florida has at defense I would say a defensive prospect that is also caught in the numbers game. Perhaps Alex Petrovic?
I think the Oilers need for a 2nd line rw is more pressing than their need for more defense prospects. Especially when we have Klefbom, Teubert, Musil, and Marincin, all who are just as good of prospects as Petrovic.

Old
02-23-2012, 10:50 AM
MessierII

A draft pick or other young forward prospect would likely suffice.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 10:50 AM
Lessy

I'd be interested in Ellerby or Matthias but the Oilers would have to sweeten the pot I'm sure. Realistically a 2nd would be great and I'd even settle for a 3rd.

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 10:53 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
A draft pick or other young forward prospect would likely suffice.
Preferably a big winger prospect with some offensive upside, if it were a prospect swap.

Old
02-23-2012, 11:44 AM
mindmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by luby3131 View Post
This concept fascinates me. The Panthers are one of the worst shoot out teams in the league and are severely lacking some offensive fire power. Omark is caught in a numbers game in Edmonton and is expendable for the right price. So what may that be? What would it cost Florida to bring the skilled winger south?
Garrison. And we will add

mindmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 02:49 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
did Omark make this thread?

Matthias would make sense, Edmonton adds.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Koto

2nd would be fine, maybe even a 3rd

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote