HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#61: Kings @ Avalanche, 2/22/12, 4-1 Loss

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2012, 01:34 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Hate to say it, but management and coaches will need to go if they keep this up. How many times do we got to see Quick get run into the ground before they get it? I've been saying this for almost 3 seasons now. Going back to the Quick/Ersberg days when Ersberg was riding the pine sans a couple games. We have two very capable goalies, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why they don't have a goalie plan to get goalie #1 rest for the stretch run and goalie #2 a game during a back to back?

When are they going to get it? This management has botched the goaltending situation completely from the get go. Come to think of it botched a lot of positions other than goaltending as well. It's incredibly frustrating to watch everything unravel....its like 2005-06 all over again.
Exactly. There is no reason at all why Bernier shouldn't have started the game tonight.

Stupid team management.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:36 AM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gali39 View Post
i don't mean to rip the kings, or their fanbase, but why are so many people attacking dean lombardi, or saying fire dean lombardi,

on paper i think the kings have one of the best teams in the western conference, , and hiring daryl sutter who plays such a defensive style, just doesn't work in the new nhl imo, i think you guys have the firepower to put up more goals than you have lately.

i think with a proper coach, who plays a good 2 way game, you guys would have a great team.
I agree that a coach who can implement a good two way game would do wonders for this offense, but at the same time the Kings only have 5 forwards who can really do much offensively, and one of them (gange) is out for who knows how long.

Deano has done a great job building our pipeline, goaltending, and defense, but for some reason he does not seem to like to draft offensively skilled forwards. And without forwards who can score, a team isnt going to get too far.

I give dean credit for what he has done, and he does deserve some credit, but at the same time he has handcuffed this team offensively. And it makes it worse that watching kings games is pretty boring when most games end with a score of 1-0 or 2-1. I honestly enjoyed watching them 4/5 years ago when they were a bad team, cause they could actually score goals then

Old
02-23-2012, 01:38 AM
Hollywood

The only major change over the past 3 years has been Terry Murray.
Every change that Lombardi has made has failed or done worse than is expected. (Though I am glad we have Mike Richards). I say Richards is not major is because of his impact thus far.
Need I bring up Moulson, Boyle, Purcell?
I really feel though that after comments by Richards. End of story. Lombardi is failing and he knows it. I hope AEG shuts him down and gives actual reigns to Sutter and simple things Like Bernier would have started tonight...

Old
02-23-2012, 01:39 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Dumb move by sutter, we usually lose back to backs anyways, why play quick? i dont understand why, hes ruining quick's confidence
Why is he asking Quick if he wants to play? We all know Quick won't back down from a start, right? Thats a dumb coaching move, you know every guy in that locker room isn't going to say let the other guy play in for me. Sutter should have had a plan and stuck with it.

I've seen this movie before, and know how its going to end. Management needs to wise up and start being smarter about the goaltending situation.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:43 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post

Have you always been this bad?
Feel free to list the skilled forwards Lombardi has drafted.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:43 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
The only major change over the past 3 years has been Terry Murray.
Every change that Lombardi has made has failed or done worse than is expected. (Though I am glad we have Mike Richards). I say Richards is not major is because of his impact thus far.
Need I bring up Moulson, Boyle, Purcell?
I really feel though that after comments by Richards. End of story. Lombardi is failing and he knows it. I hope AEG shuts him down and gives actual reigns to Sutter and simple things Like Bernier would have started tonight...
Why do people keep bringing up Brian Boyle when they attempt to knock Lombardi? He has 5 goals this year.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:45 AM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Feel free to list the skilled forwards Lombardi has drafted.
Toffoli

Old
02-23-2012, 01:50 AM
Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Why do people keep bringing up Brian Boyle when they attempt to knock Lombardi? He has 5 goals this year.
Is that all you can get out of my whole post???? take out Boyle. Are you defending Lombardi? I do not know you but I feel you could do better after 5 years than worst offensive team( and danger to miss playoffs) in the league, don't you?

Old
02-23-2012, 01:50 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJames View Post
Toffoli
That's quite a list

Old
02-23-2012, 01:52 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Is that all you can get out of my whole post???? take out Boyle. Are you defending Lombardi? I do not know you but I feel you could do better after 5 years than worst offensive team( and danger to miss playoffs) in the league, don't you?
No, that's why I bolded the part about Boyle.

Calm down. I'm not defending Lombardi, so most of your reply was out of line.

I'm saying "Look if you're going to bash Lombardi for the bad moves he's made, bringing up Boyle only hurts your argument."

Old
02-23-2012, 01:54 AM
bobafettish*

even if DL put emphasis on drafting skilled fowards this team would be worse off. he has no clue how to assess offensive talent. somebody posted the quote where trevor lewis was supposed to be rod brindamour.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:54 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Toffoli
Schenn
Loktionov
Simmonds
Moller

Not saying those guys are highly skilled, but they are skilled forwards that he drafted, rather than grinders.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:55 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
even if DL put emphasis on drafting skilled fowards this team would be worse off. he has no clue how to ***** offensive talent. somebody posted the quote where trevor lewis was supposed to be rod brindamour.
that quote was from Al Murray, not Lombardi.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:56 AM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
That's quite a list
But didnt you know!? Hes the sniper we are waiting for thats going to magically fix the offense!

Old
02-23-2012, 01:57 AM
ZJames

Quote:
Schenn
Loktionov
Simmonds
Moller

Not saying those guys are highly skilled, but they are skilled forwards that he drafted, rather than grinders.
Lokti i think has got a lot of skill, just needs to continue to develop. Moller, not sure since he has had trouble sticking in the NHL.

Old
02-23-2012, 02:04 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Lokti i think has got a lot of skill, just needs to continue to develop. Moller, not sure since he has had trouble sticking in the NHL.
Moller wasn't drafted to be a grinder. He was clearly drafted as a skilled forward.

Old
02-23-2012, 02:08 AM
ZJames

Quote:
Moller wasn't drafted to be a grinder. He was clearly drafted as a skilled forward.
Hopefully Sutter, or whoever the kings next coach is, will have the privilege of being able to give Moller a chance as a skill forward rather tahn a grinder

Old
02-23-2012, 02:09 AM
Hollywood

One of the 3 ain't bad. My pt is Lombardi hired Murray. Fail. He hired so many fails... Don't you think that Purcell and Moulson are prime failures of Lombardi based on his coaching hire? Murray? Who else has hired Murray if he was so successful? Will he ever be hired to lead again?
NO.
Will Dean Lombardi get fired? absolutely.
Would fans be against Kopitar and Brown and Doughty and Johnson if we had a proper coach? I don't think so. That's my point.
Johnson and Doughty are top of the line talents that do not come around very often and we are talking about trading Johnson. That is hilarious.
Kopitar is supposed to lead an offense that has no clue how to operate a 5 man attack and how to change tactics based on opposition coaching... all they know how to do is attempt to defend and clog up the neutral zone and pressure before redline...
Make no wonder Kopitar is only noticed on breakaways and 1 on 1's. This is Lombardi's doing.
Does any not see this? This backing of Murray and coaching staff could affect LA for years and years. This is Lombardi's doing.Yes it may turn out good. But it is a massive role of the dice 5 years in to a "strategy"
It could have been done differently. It really should have been. He should pay for his mistakes.

Last edited by Hollywood: 02-23-2012 at 02:22 AM.
Old
02-23-2012, 02:15 AM
Leo W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
And that is the worst part of it all.

Dean's drafting strategy has left the Kings without any sure thing scoring prospects to go along the horrible lack of skill on the NHL roster. The damage he did to this team is incredible. I have no idea how you end up with so little legit forward talent both at the NHL and developmental levels. It's going to take going talented forward with first round picks probably the next 3-4 years to build this system back to a respectable level after 6 years of ignoring talented forwards under Dean. Which is exactly what SJ did after Dean was fired up there.

Maybe Dean can take over the Ducks...drive all three California teams into the ground.
Oh shut up man why do you even cheer for this team if you think it's so god awful? Our team is SOLID, we just can't put it together to win and we need to change our system to adjust to our players and retool our depth a bit. Jesus overreaction must?

Old
02-23-2012, 02:21 AM
ShattStar03

Quote:
Toffoli
How many goals has Toffoli scored in the big league?

Old
02-23-2012, 02:28 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Washington View Post
Oh shut up man why do you even cheer for this team if you think it's so god awful? Our team is SOLID, we just can't put it together to win and we need to change our system to adjust to our players and retool our depth a bit. Jesus overreaction must?
Please tell me how a team that is going to have one of the lowest goal totals in NHL history is solid?

Please, enlighten me.

And to answer your other pathetically stupid and insulting question. I have been a fan of this team long before Dumbo became GM and will be a fan long after he is gone. Don't mistake those of us who are fed up with watching Lombardi hockey as not being true fans.

Old
02-23-2012, 02:28 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
I am thinking someone put a curse on this team. There is no other explanation.
You're going to think someone put a curse on you when a bearclaw kicks your ass in the morning! Oh, I so wanna see this.

Old
02-23-2012, 02:29 AM
bobafettish*

Quote:
one of the worst offenses in modern hockey is SOLID.

Old
02-23-2012, 02:31 AM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Just because we don't like the GM doesn't mean we don't want the team to win. But it's fine to be objective too. The team's forward situation is really bad.

Old
02-23-2012, 02:35 AM
Leo W

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
one of the worst offenses in modern hockey is SOLID.
Gagne who was meant to help our scoring is hurt, Penner is terrible, Stoll is awful, all were meant to help our scoring. How is Lombardi supposed to predict something like that to happen? We all thought this team was going to be so great to start the year, **** happens and our depth isn't strong enough to handle it. That is our problem, and to make it worse we're stuck in a defensive system that doesn't utilize our players properly. Sutter is NOT going to change a system in the middle of the year, what the hell do you expect him to do? LA's move to land Richards was a great deal from Lombardi, if you think this team is going to be in this situation this time next year you're sadly mistaken.

If any of you expected us to be in this situation and were ready to crucify Lombardi in the offseason I tip my hat to you, but I still have faith in this squad to retool and come back stronger next season and possibly maybe even sneak in the playoffs this year. Everyone on this team is underachieving in a terribly played system. It has certainly been tough to watch, I just hope we don't give up the farm for Rick Nash.

Closed Thread