HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Quinn out if Leafs lose again?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2006, 10:40 AM
  #26
guzmania
Registered User
 
guzmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: SCV
Country: United States
Posts: 2,489
vCash: 500
6.8 is almost exactly Roenicks 5 and Bures 1.5 million bananas. Money wouldn't be the issue, return would be.

guzmania is offline  
Old
01-23-2006, 11:37 AM
  #27
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 14,001
vCash: 500
Why trade for 35 year old Sundin when you clould throw tons of $$ at 25 year old Brad Richards in the offseason.

Herby is offline  
Old
01-23-2006, 01:17 PM
  #28
jfont
Registered User
 
jfont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 15,226
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby
Why trade for 35 year old Sundin when you clould throw tons of $$ at 25 year old Brad Richards in the offseason.
Brad will command around $6M a year....

The salary cap has a strong chance of increasing next year so hopefully AEG agrees to increase their spending...I can see richards getting $6M per year. but would the kings gamble on him and give up compensation (I hear he's an RFA and not a UFA).

__________________
Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off
jfont is offline  
Old
01-23-2006, 01:28 PM
  #29
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Captain Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
Brad will command around $6M a year....

The salary cap has a strong chance of increasing next year so hopefully AEG agrees to increase their spending...I can see richards getting $6M per year. but would the kings gamble on him and give up compensation (I hear he's an RFA and not a UFA).
You are correct. Richards is a RFA next season. That being said I cannot think of one player in the league that I would be willing to give up 4 1st round draft picks for.

Captain Ron is offline  
Old
01-23-2006, 01:44 PM
  #30
jfont
Registered User
 
jfont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 15,226
vCash: 500
Awards:
hmmmm...would you guys do a kopitar (or tukonen) and a 1st for brad richards?

jfont is offline  
Old
01-23-2006, 04:51 PM
  #31
devilinto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 973
vCash: 500
This post is so funny. I am a kIngs fan and i live in toronto so i hear and see it all.

Come on

The Leafs would love to move Sundin. Like that they could start to rebuild. But To think that Cammy, Gleason and others would be going to toronto is crazy. Only if the LEafs agreed to pay 4 million of his salary.

As for Kaberle headed to LA. NO ****IN WAY. This guy has choked it up big time every year in the playoffs. LA needs another stay at home D in case miller never comes back.

As for Brown for steen. This is a much closer deal. Having watched alot of both i think brown has the slight edge cause that man can hit. See that hit that lead to a goal vs atlanta?? He is a baby deadmarsh.

Steen could be the future captain of the Leafs.

BOTTOM LINE IS GO KINGS GO!!

devilinto is offline  
Old
01-23-2006, 04:54 PM
  #32
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 34,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
hmmmm...would you guys do a kopitar (or tukonen) and a 1st for brad richards?
No.

__________________
I love you all.
Legionnaire is offline  
Old
01-23-2006, 07:57 PM
  #33
devilinto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
No.

Are u serious? U would not make that trade?? are u kidding me?? Richards would fit in well with this team. the Lightning would never make that deaL!

devilinto is offline  
Old
01-24-2006, 01:04 AM
  #34
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 34,148
vCash: 500
I'm not a big Richards fan. Kopitar will be as good or better, and then you throw in a first. No thanks.

Legionnaire is offline  
Old
01-24-2006, 01:28 AM
  #35
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 28,976
vCash: 500
Kopitar will be better than a 26 year old Conn Smythe winner? Wow, so what were the 10 teams thinking that passed him over?
Let's not count our chickens before they hatch.

Ziggy Stardust is online now  
Old
01-24-2006, 01:31 AM
  #36
kingsfan25
Registered User
 
kingsfan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Let's not count our chickens before they hatch.
We shouldn't crack their eggs yet, either

kingsfan25 is offline  
Old
01-24-2006, 01:35 AM
  #37
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Captain Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Kopitar will be better than a 26 year old Conn Smythe winner? Wow, so what were the 10 teams thinking that passed him over?
Let's not count our chickens before they hatch.
Not to take anything away from Richards (he is a good player) but Conroy has better stats than Brad does this season and I wouldn't trade Kopitar for Conroy straight up. I think Kopitar will be a great player in the NHL. But only time will tell.

Captain Ron is offline  
Old
01-24-2006, 01:39 AM
  #38
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 28,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
Not to take anything away from Richards (he is a good player) but Conroy has better stats than Brad does this season and I wouldn't trade Kopitar for Conroy straight up. I think Kopitar will be a great player in the NHL. But only time will tell.
Conroy has a lot more points than Jarome Iginla... that doesn't mean he's better than him, but you and I know that doesn't mean much right now though, and who the better player is between the two.

But still, I do believe Kopitar will be the best center the Kings have drafted since Jokinen, and the best forward drafted since Frolov.

Ziggy Stardust is online now  
Old
01-24-2006, 01:46 AM
  #39
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Captain Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Conroy has a lot more points than Jarome Iginla... that doesn't mean he's better than him, but you and I know that doesn't mean much right now though, and who the better player is between the two.
I agree with that. But Iginla (even without putting up the numbers) has helped put his team into 1st place in their division. Whereas Richards (with the help of Lecavalier and St Louis) is barely are able to keep his team in a playoff spot. So I think Richards contribution to the team may be a little overrated. At least for this season.

Captain Ron is offline  
Old
01-24-2006, 01:52 AM
  #40
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 28,976
vCash: 500
The thing with Richards is that he plays second fiddle to Lecavalier in Tampa Bay. Plus the losses of Khabibulin, Stillman, Cullimore, Lukowich and Clymer have really hurt the depth and defense of the Bolts. Richards has also been playing with Modin and Fedotenko as his wingers. But surprisingly, Richards still has been outproducing Lecavalier and St. Louis, both of whom were signed to big contracts during the offseason.

Many Bolts have struggled this year as well, Andreychuk regressed, Sydor and Kubina haven't been playing too well this season either. The team is going through their Stanley Cup hangover, just as the Habs, Rangers, Devils, all went through after capturing the Cup.

Ziggy Stardust is online now  
Old
01-24-2006, 01:57 AM
  #41
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Captain Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,310
vCash: 500
Just to get back to the topic title......since the Maple Leafs have lost (yet again) to the Senators tonight......does that mean Quinn has officially lost his job?

Captain Ron is offline  
Old
01-24-2006, 02:09 AM
  #42
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 34,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
The thing with Richards is that he plays second fiddle to Lecavalier in Tampa Bay. Plus the losses of Khabibulin, Stillman, Cullimore, Lukowich and Clymer have really hurt the depth and defense of the Bolts. Richards has also been playing with Modin and Fedotenko as his wingers. But surprisingly, Richards still has been outproducing Lecavalier and St. Louis, both of whom were signed to big contracts during the offseason.

Many Bolts have struggled this year as well, Andreychuk regressed, Sydor and Kubina haven't been playing too well this season either. The team is going through their Stanley Cup hangover, just as the Habs, Rangers, Devils, all went through after capturing the Cup.

So then it's pretty clear to me, that Richards isn't a good enough type of player to carry a team and not worth that type of return

Legionnaire is offline  
Old
01-24-2006, 02:11 AM
  #43
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 28,976
vCash: 500
I don't think there is any player in this league anymore who can carry a team. There are players who will give you a big goal or win some games, but to carry a team in the league today? Nope.

Ziggy Stardust is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.