HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Tomas Plekanec: Everyone's two cents.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:03 AM
Tusk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Worst post of the year candidate?
Agreed.

Hey! Let's get rid of Gomez. And Plekanec! We're short-sighted Habs fans!

I do not need to elaborate.

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 01:13 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllertoKostitsynGoal View Post
The worst thing is that Plek was having a very solid season till he had to go cover the lack of depth on defence the injuries to tough minutes players couldn't hide. The plan till we got a couple of guys back was basically, Plek covers the second lines backed by third pairing Ds, hope he can come out about even, Eller takes the first lines backed up by the first pair and DD takes the easy minutes(+tons of Ozone faceoffs while Plek started mostly in the Dzone), hope the DD line can score before the Eller line gets killed. So for sure the DD line looked good, that was the plan. The problem is, when Cunneyworth came in he saw that this was the only consistant offensive line and never actually bothered trying to understand why...

One thing I know, when Plekanec got the best wingers on the team well... we were never a bad team...
I think that's a pretty fair read on things.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 03:05 AM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
So big game tonight and Plekanec didn't even show up eh... Typical

I guess habitants19 crawled back under his rock.
Yep-have no shows in big games-Habs were getting game bitcloser and the pressure
Started up again-Pleks has always been like that - when it'sa nothing game he is marvelous!!!

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 06:04 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Getting a elite winger to go ALONG plekanec should be our main concern. And I think any sound fan, that is not judging with is emotions or by what the media has tried to bury in between our 2 ears acknoledge that.
Sure, it'd be cool to have Crosby...But, Hey, Guess what?You can get a Crosby in 15-20 year difference.... A Malkin ? Well thats 15-10 years ! A toews ? A giroux ? That's every 5 years...(I'm using no real stats here just figuring thing outta my mind..randomly..)
From a critic POV ... The best option is to keep our GREAT
center depth and to add to it. Let's just play a little game here. What if we had Corey Perry on this team? What if we had Kovalchuck? What if we had Eriksson? Hossa?? Benn? Giroux? That's a whole different team here. (Offense POV only.)

The real problem is not the center position..
It's the winger position and the defense
Benn and Giroux are both centers

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 06:18 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
Yep-have no shows in big games-Habs were getting game bitcloser and the pressure
Started up again-Pleks has always been like that - when it'sa nothing game he is marvelous!!!
Where are the playoffs in your warped theory?

The last 2 years he's done a fine job against top lines(Krejci 1 point in 7 games last year, Crosby and Backstrom-Ovechkin the year before) and also managed to put up 16 points on top of that. Guess those weren't "big games"

Sometimes it boggles the mind that some posters on here sit down and watch every game but have no clue what's going on on the ice.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:15 AM
couris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post

The last 2 years he's done a fine job against top lines(Krejci 1 point in 7 games last year, Crosby and Backstrom-Ovechkin the year before) and also managed to put up 16 points on top of that. Guess those weren't "big games"

Sometimes it boggles the mind that some posters on here sit down and watch every game but have no clue what's going on on the ice.
Plekachu shut down Ovechkin Backstrom and Crosby?......You should look at a player named Halak....

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:16 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
Plekachu shut down Ovechkin Backstrom and Crosby?......You should look at a player named Halak....
These teams had only about 45 shots on average per game.... + all the shots blocked by Gill & Gorges....

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:33 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Benn and Giroux are both centers
I'm pretty sure Giroux and Benn are natural wingers or atleast they can play winger pretty well..Much like alot of other player's who we're moved to other positions for the sake of the team.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:47 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I'm pretty sure Giroux and Benn are natural wingers or atleast they can play winger pretty well..Much like alot of other player's who we're moved to other positions for the sake of the team.
Both were centres in junior who began their careers at wing due to team depth but are better centres

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 10:54 PM
SNM87
Habby Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post

Ya...ok, I must not have a clue what's going on on the ice.....What I remember in those playoffs was Montreal giving up 50 shots a game, Mike Cammalleri scoring 13 goals, Halak making save after save and Plekanec having less points then Scott Gomez..... but ok, he clearly shut down Ovechkin/Backstrom/Crosby and it had nothing to do with our goalie and top scorer winning us the series. 16 points??? In what? 1 playoff? 16 points in 26 games over 2 years is not what you should get from a so-called #1 Center. Come on, praise the guy some more, all you lovers, I wanna hear it. I think it's funny that a lot of you think Plekanec is a gem when he's far from it.

SNM87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:05 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitants19 View Post
Ya...ok, I must not have a clue what's going on on the ice.....What I remember in those playoffs was Montreal giving up 50 shots a game, Mike Cammalleri scoring 13 goals, Halak making save after save and Plekanec having less points then Scott Gomez..... but ok, he clearly shut down Ovechkin/Backstrom/Crosby and it had nothing to do with our goalie and top scorer winning us the series. 16 points??? In what? 1 playoff? 16 points in 26 games over 2 years is not what you should get from a so-called #1 Center. Come on, praise the guy some more, all you lovers, I wanna hear it. I think it's funny that a lot of you think Plekanec is a gem when he's far from it.
Right on.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:08 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
These teams had only about 45 shots on average per game.... + all the shots blocked by Gill & Gorges....
Wrong, Washington got 40+ only twice I think, Pittsburgh ? not once...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:11 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitants19 View Post
clearly you have no clue...

Halak faced 50 shots ONCE in the whole PO that year... ONCE...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 01:19 AM
Et le But

That year was the Capital's run and gun peak. They were basically blowing everyone out, they scored 318 goals during the regular season. In comparison, the next best offenses was the Canucks with 272 goals; in the east the next best was the Pens with 257 goals and then the Flyers with 236. The following year, no team came anywhere close to that many goals.

The Capitals were dramatically outshooting everyone, it was how they played that year. And even then they didn't get 50+ shots against the Habs more than once. The Pens never got 40 shots against us, let alone 50. Not to mention under Martin getting outshot was the norm - the wasn't so much about limiting the opponents chances completely as much as it was to take away their best chances and force them to take a lot of perimeter shots.

Seriously, it's amazing to see so called fans go as far as lie to downplay the rest of the team besides Halak during that playoff run. Halak was fantastic, but it was not a one man team, especially against the Pens.

Last edited by Et le But: 02-23-2012 at 01:26 AM.
Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 02:22 AM
muzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
That year was the Capital's run and gun peak. They were basically blowing everyone out, they scored 318 goals during the regular season. In comparison, the next best offenses was the Canucks with 272 goals; in the east the next best was the Pens with 257 goals and then the Flyers with 236. The following year, no team came anywhere close to that many goals.

The Capitals were dramatically outshooting everyone, it was how they played that year. And even then they didn't get 50+ shots against the Habs more than once. The Pens never got 40 shots against us, let alone 50. Not to mention under Martin getting outshot was the norm - the wasn't so much about limiting the opponents chances completely as much as it was to take away their best chances and force them to take a lot of perimeter shots.

Seriously, it's amazing to see so called fans go as far as lie to downplay the rest of the team besides Halak during that playoff run. Halak was fantastic, but it was not a one man team, especially against the Pens.
Lest we forget the contributions of a man they call Marc-André Fleury...

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote