HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VI

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2012, 02:16 AM
johnjm22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
I love Kopitar. I have his jersey.

But I think he's overrated around the league and overpaid. I wouldn't like to see him traded, but at this point it would probably be a shrewd move depending on the return.
And Doughty and Richards aren't? If these guys go somewhere else they'll end up just like Moulson and Simmonds. Lets wait and see how the team performs with a little bit more depth and some competent coaching.

Old
02-23-2012, 02:26 AM
Leo W

I have the gut feeling when I get out of work tomorrow I'm going to see a trade involving us. I pray to god it isn't for Nash due to the reports that we're the only team that has offered a "home run" for him.

Old
02-23-2012, 02:31 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnaneedsomewine View Post
Exactly. Milbury is a moron. It's like when all these NFL shows have Matt Millen, former Lions GM, on to evaluate prospects and provide analysis. Both have failed miserably as GM's and have made terrible personnel decisions.
Looks like Dean is more than qualified to work in TV.

Old
02-23-2012, 02:37 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Washington View Post
I have the gut feeling when I get out of work tomorrow I'm going to see a trade involving us. I pray to god it isn't for Nash due to the reports that we're the only team that has offered a "home run" for him.
To be honest, at this point, if a player has a choice in his destination, it is a safe bet that he is not coming to Los Angeles.

ďThis is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!Ē - Bob Miller
Old
02-23-2012, 02:45 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
At this point, I'd be shocked if Nash waived to come to LA. The guy's spent his entire career with an underachieving franchise never able to climb out of rebuilding mode. At this point, the difference between the situation the Kings are offering and that which he's suffered through for nine years of his life in Columbus must seem uncomfortably similar.

No, he's going to use his NTC to make certain he gets his shot with a legitimate contender. Much as I think LA could be turned around with the right adjustments, why would Nash risk another decade of mediocrity by saddling up with a confused team in the midst of a potentially season-ending tailspin?

Old
02-23-2012, 02:47 AM
Leo W

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
At this point, I'd be shocked if Nash waived to come to LA. The guy's spent his entire career with an underachieving franchise never able to climb out of rebuilding mode. At this point, the difference between the situation the Kings are offering and that which he's suffered through for nine years of his life in Columbus must seem uncomfortably similar.

No, he's going to use his NTC to make certain he gets his shot with a legitimate contender. Much as I think LA could be turned around with the right adjustments, why would Nash take the risk of another decade of mediocrity by saddling up with a confused team in the midst of a potentially season-ending tailspin?
Come on now, as dangerous as it is to have faith in this franchise we are in the right direction in terms of a roster.. Just playing the wrong system, that of course is just my opinion. I think Nash would waive to come here without a doubt.

Old
02-23-2012, 02:52 AM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Nash will go somewhere that he feels like he doesn't have to miss the playoffs ever again. I don't know what his thought process is like so I can't speak to it, maybe he thinks we're that and maybe he doesn't. If we're in a spot on Monday, maybe he'd come here, but I'm still thinking he's NY bound or not leaving Columbus.

Old
02-23-2012, 03:03 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Come on now, as dangerous as it is to have faith in this franchise we are in the right direction in terms of a roster.. Just playing the wrong system, that of course is just my opinion. I think Nash would waive to come here without a doubt.
The top-six is two goalscorers short and the bottom six is an absolute mess (looking back to the off-season, I can't believe I didn't see that the complete dissolution of our integral third line would be a major stumbling block). But I do agree that the system is what's run this team into the ground and a change-up, combined with some personnel tweaks, could well have them back on track.

Nonetheless, if you're Rick Nash, what guarantees do you have that things will be turned around after you allow yourself to be traded into what is clearly, right now, a toxic environment. Why would you take the chance, when you can force your GM to look to New York or San Jose or anywhere else that isn't broken?

The Jackets were seemingly on the cusp of taking that coveted next step a few seasons back when they made the playoffs for the first time; then it all fell apart and they ended up right back where they started. I really doubt the still-burgeoning Kings will get the benefit of the doubt that this season's debacle is just a minor, temporary setback. Not when he's picking the team he'll be with for most, if not all, of his remaining years.

Old
02-23-2012, 03:04 AM
Theav8tr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
To be honest, at this point, if a player has a choice in his destination, it is a safe bet that he is not coming to Los Angeles.

^^^^This...unless they have family or a real close friend on the team, they probably aren't coming here...Heck, to be honest I wouldn't either!

And right now, how much better are we now, or look to be in the near future than CBJ? If I am Rick Nash, and I have been a good soldier in CB, kept my mouth shut, and now have a chance to get out, why would I want to go to a team that hasn't been that much more successful over the past 10 years than CBJ and is on the ropes this season? If I am going to pick up and move, I want to go to a powerhouse or a team that is setup to go deep the next 5 years - I don't think that is us right now. Pains me to say that, but I feel like we kind of got here through smoke and mirrors...

dam* I've turned into a bitter Kings fan

Old
02-23-2012, 03:25 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
.... Just watched NHL36 on Mike Richards... Did that make us look good or bad? "Christina" defiantly made us look stupid as ****. ****en Kings staff doesn't know what their players look like.

I wonder even if players say they don't want to be recognized if its true?

I wonder if at all that effects players wanting to come here lol.

Old
02-23-2012, 03:52 AM
Belanger25
ZUES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
.... Just watched NHL36 on Mike Richards... Did that make us look good or bad? "Christina" defiantly made us look stupid as ****. ****en Kings staff doesn't know what their players look like.

I wonder even if players say they don't want to be recognized if its true?

I wonder if at all that effects players wanting to come here lol.
Christina is probably an employee of the radio station.

Old
02-23-2012, 03:52 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

I don't know why everyone is yapping about Kopi, but Brown needs to hit the road. His "quiet" leadership is failing the team, and we need to trade him for some scoring and hopefully pick up some leaders in the offseason.

Pom of Buffalo would be a GREAT addition. Package prospects and Brown for him.

Old
02-23-2012, 04:17 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
I don't know why everyone is yapping about Kopi, but Brown needs to hit the road. His "quiet" leadership is failing the team, and we need to trade him for some scoring and hopefully pick up some leaders in the offseason.

Pom of Buffalo would be a GREAT addition. Package prospects and Brown for him.
I like Brown. But you also need to think about this. In 2 years Brown is going to be making 4.5 - 5.5 million dollars. And doing what hes been doing these last 3 years its not going to cut it. Right now he is a bit underpaid and we can deal with him a little bit more but when he gets his next raise its gonna be tough.

Old
02-23-2012, 04:22 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
I like Brown. But you also need to think about this. In 2 years Brown is going to be making 4.5 - 5.5 million dollars. And doing what hes been doing these last 3 years its not going to cut it. Right now he is a bit underpaid and we can deal with him a little bit more but when he gets his next raise its gonna be tough.
Brown lacks leadership to be the team's captain. He needs to go, he never learned how to win games, period. We need to hand the leadership capabilities to Jack Johnson or Doughty. Someone that gives a rat *** about winning and will bark at their teammates to get them in line.

Old
02-23-2012, 04:25 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Brown lacks leadership to be the team's captain. He needs to go, he never learned how to win games, period. We need to hand the leadership capabilities to Jack Johnson or Doughty. Someone that gives a rat *** about winning and will bark at their teammates to get them in line.
I am not sure if Johnson will be here if he is its a good Choice. Doughty is just a joker he isn't a leader. Kopitar is good as an assistant.

I think they need to give it to Mike Richards really. Other then him we don't really have real leaders other then maybe Matt Greene and I don't think he is fit as a Captain.

Old
02-23-2012, 06:49 AM
clumping platelets

Yer not getting Pominville

Old
02-23-2012, 07:12 AM
Face Wash

I have a firm belief that a team that plays this pathetically down the stretch and shows no heart like the Kings have shown doesn't deserve to be a buyer, which indicentally would be smart business anyway (unless it was about getting Nash which is highly doubtful at this point.) #timetopunt

Old
02-23-2012, 07:16 AM
Blitz
GONNA TAKE ReinHART

Quote:
Originally Posted by clumping platelets View Post
Yer not getting Pominville
Show some tact Clump... These are not our boards.

Perhaps something more like "Pominville is not likely going to be made available - He is Buffalo's captain, leader & best player" would definately get your point across.

That said, Clump is right - Pommers will not be available for anything less than Kopitar/Richards - which is likely too high of a price for LA.

Now if LA is interested in Derek Roy or Drew Stafford... they are likely to be made available, and a deal could possibly be pounded out involving Brown.

Old
02-23-2012, 08:08 AM
SuperAlmeida

Quote:
The Sharks arenít the only team in the Golden State trying to get Nash, or Carter for that matter. Kings GM Dean Lombardi, so desperate to make a move to save his job, has held talks with Howson on both players.

If the Kings want Nash, league sources say it could cost them either G Jonathan Bernier or D Jack Johnson, prospect C Tyler Toffoli (the Ottawa 67ís top scorer) and a No. 1 pick. No wonder no deal has been done.
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../19412491.html

Old
02-23-2012, 09:21 AM
KingsFan7824

Might want to hold onto the 1st round pick, if things keep going the way they seem to be going.

These 5 games before the deadline were big. Phoenix twice, Calgary, Colorado, and Chicago. The Kings are 0-3-1, got shutout at home twice, gave up a 3-0 first period lead, have scored 5 goals, and have given up 11(10 not including the shootout goal). Somehow still in 8th though, with still yet another chance to win a game at home on Saturday, and keep their heads above water.

It's just a mentally fragile group. Not just this season, but obviously you can go back to the collapse in the playoff game against San Jose as well. They've certainly shown no signs that something like the deadline isn't in their heads either.

Either way though, the Kings will have to do something. Whether it's at the deadline, the draft, or over the summer, the Kings will need at least 1 more top 6 guy. Penner can't leave soon enough. Nobody knows about the status of Gagne for next season. Parise isn't coming here. Nash isn't coming here. The Kings probably couldn't even get Semin without breaking the bank. If nothing else, it's an interesting time to be a Kings fan.

Old
02-23-2012, 09:32 AM
moosehead81

Quote:
I am not sure if Johnson will be here if he is its a good Choice. Doughty is just a joker he isn't a leader. Kopitar is good as an assistant.

I think they need to give it to Mike Richards really. Other then him we don't really have real leaders other then maybe Matt Greene and I don't think he is fit as a Captain.
Pretty sure Richards would have a hard time accepting the "C" given the short time he's been with the organization and the difficult time he had in Philadelphia, starting about a year ago. Gotta feel bad for him; captain of a team leading the league or close to it a year ago and now travelling this train wreck. He played ok last night, 20 minutes, +1, another point and 56% F/O percentage. Poor Kopitar's still got the puck on the boards looking for Williams. Not sure the second coming of Gretzky and getting Sidney Crosby in a trade would help this team. They look like they're trying but somehow I think they've tuned out the "system", which, as players, they may have subconsciously blamed for their lack of scoring (they'd never admit it) I think the NBC crew showed a table last night suggesting they're within the bottom 5 of all time low scoring teams going back decades.

Old
02-23-2012, 09:53 AM
Pucknut50

A little worried Lombardi pushes the panic button and does trade for Nash for all our best assets. His job is on the line and making a rash move may hurt us in the long run. Here are assets that can move and are worth something to other teams. Bernier, Johnson, Brown, Clifford, Martinez, and draft choices. We're not trading Kopitar, Doughty, Or Quick, everyone else has little trade value for teams needing to rebuild.
If I'm CBJ I would ask for Bernier and JJ and a 2nd. The CBJ fans would be upset but if I'm a CBJ fan I would be really happy.

Old
02-23-2012, 09:59 AM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
A little worried Lombardi pushes the panic button and does trade for Nash for all our best assets. His job is on the line and making a rash move may hurt us in the long run. Here are assets that can move and are worth something to other teams. Bernier, Johnson, Brown, Clifford, Martinez, and draft choices. We're not trading Kopitar, Doughty, Or Quick, everyone else has little trade value for teams needing to rebuild.
If I'm CBJ I would ask for Bernier and JJ and a 2nd. The CBJ fans would be upset but if I'm a CBJ fan I would be really happy.
Nash isn't going to choose to come to LA.

Old
02-23-2012, 10:16 AM
moosehead81

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan7824 View Post
Nash isn't going to choose to come to LA.
What he said- and as I suggested earlier, Carter may well end up in Toronto, although the Leafs may be looking for a goal-tender too.

Old
02-23-2012, 10:25 AM
Fat Elvis

The Sharks arenít the only team in the Golden State trying to get Nash, or Carter for that matter. Kings GM Dean Lombardi, so desperate to make a move to save his job, has held talks with Howson on both players.

If the Kings want Nash, league sources say it could cost them either G Jonathan Bernier or D Jack Johnson, prospect C Tyler Toffoli (the Ottawa 67ís top scorer) and a No. 1 pick. No wonder no deal has been done.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../19412491.html

If the Kings pay this price I will be done. A desperate GM is a bad GM, just look at the History of this franchise. This team is becoming obvious that it is much farther away to a cup than just adding Nash. What has Nash won in Cbus to make DL think he'll carry this team to a cup? At this point I'm tired of this season. Quick has deserved a better outcome than this.

Closed Thread