HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn's Future: Is it in Montreal?

View Poll Results: What will happen to Le Frère André?
Traded before trade deadline 98 54.14%
Departure as UFA 25 13.81%
Back in Montreal next year 58 32.04%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-22-2012, 08:40 PM
Dagistitsyn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke the Legend View Post
I would like to see AK traded to the NYR, my instinct says he'd be great on Brad Richard's wing. He's kind of a brainless guy but has a great skillset/shot, the kind of guy a large playmaking centre (or for a Jumbo Joe analogy, AK would be his Cheechoo type he could turn into a 40 goal scorer) who can make room for him can use like the tool he is.

I think AK's best season in Montreal was with Lang centering him and SK, Lang is that type of smart centre and was really using those 2 idiots well and it's such a shame lang got his tendon cut cuz that was the best line the Habs had in 09-10 and after that coincidently I'm sure that darkest season came off the rails.

Is it the Habs' fault if he goes to NYR and pots 40 on Richards' wing? No cuz the Habs don't have a big smart playmaking centre who makes room for, and setups sniper wingers (those guys don't grow on trees...). AK is the kind of guy who really that centre, cuz he is not smart enough to really generate offence himself, but can contribute with someone who can.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxxyBeNohCg

Little harsh. He can generate offence. He has made some beautiful plays over the years.. He will be much better wherever he goes. Just like SK after going to Nashville.

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:44 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Hope you're not seriously comparing AK and Subban, especially not their value to the team...

Always makes me laugh when I read stuff like this. Try read other posts to understand the context before trying to make fun of the post.

Hey look what grandma Geoffrion said about Blake:

«Je suis très contente pour lui, dit-elle à l'autre bout du fil. Blake est tellement un bon garçon. [...] qui me rappelle plutôt Wayne Gretzky».

WHATTT!!! She's comparing Blake Geoffrion to Wayne Gretzky!!!

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Fuelled by Passion

Quote:
.....He's kind of a brainless guy but has a great skillset/shot
......bla-bla-bla.....
I think AK's best season in Montreal was with Lang centering him and SK, Lang is that type of smart centre and was really using those 2 idiots
......bla-bla-bla.....
AK is the kind of guy who really that centre, cuz he is not smart enough to really generate offence himself, but can contribute with someone who can.
I'm not aware about AK and SK IQ, but for sure I know yours

Fuelled by Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:46 PM
Burke the Legend

vCash: 2615
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
If Martin and Cunney would had been less hard headed, they would had tried for a good period of time

MaxPac- DD - AK
I don't think that would work, that line generates a lot of its production from the wings when Cole and Patches make the space. Both wingers feed off each other from this space and puck play, and DD is the smart centre in the middle who pivots the play well.

You can't just substitute AK for Cole or Patches cuz he's just not that guy who can rush it smartly, or forecheck well. he relies on a centre to make space and then feed him, which DD can't do. AK would thrive with a dominating centre.

Burke the Legend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:48 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post

Always makes me laugh when I read stuff like this. Try read other posts to understand the context before trying to make fun of the post.

«Je suis très contente pour lui, dit-elle à l'autre bout du fil. Blake est tellement un bon garçon. [...] qui me rappelle plutôt Wayne Gretzky».

She was talking about HIS LOOK. The fact that he is not ressembling his grand dad, but is more a blondie like Wayne.

Some people needs to learn reading as you're pointing out.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:49 PM
Burke the Legend

vCash: 2615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
I'm not aware about AK and SK IQ, but for sure I know yours
Anyone who's gonna defend AK's hockey IQ at this point is in serious denial. He has the skills/size/strength of an all star but what's holding him back is what's going on upstairs, and it's keeping him back in the 20 goal territory.

Burke the Legend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:55 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
She was talking about HIS LOOK. The fact that he is not ressembling his grand dad, but is more a blondie like Wayne.

Some people needs to learn reading as you're pointing out.
I was just trying to act like Habsterix. Taking things out of context and try to make a point with it.

Old
02-22-2012, 08:58 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Anyone who's gonna defend AK's hockey IQ at this point is in serious denial. He has the skills/size/strength of an all star but what's holding him back is what's going on upstairs, and it's keeping him back in the 20 goal territory.
After 7 years in the league, you really think that AK is right, and everyone else is wrong about him ?

Let's pull the plug.

Enough is enough.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:00 PM
Fuelled by Passion

Quote:
Anyone who's gonna defend AK's hockey IQ at this point is in serious denial.
I guess I should take this statement seriously especially from a guy who is calling people who he probably never met idiots

Fuelled by Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Might be a good buying opportunity with AK. Top 6 player on a bad team with no interest from other teams, might be a wake up call for him and a chance to sign for reasonable dough. There is quan to be made, let him earn it.

Agnostic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:50 PM
Evil Ted

Its kinda crazy how fast things change, earlier this season people were calling him one of our best forwards now the coaching staff and management have apparently bailed on him totally.

Quote:
AK would thrive with a dominating centre.
wtf who wouldn't? dominating center's are hard to come by in case you didn't notice and the often carry there wingers.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:12 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
Perhaps you should go back and read my first post and the post it was quoting, specifically the part I bolded.
Quote:

Quote:
I was just trying to act like Habsterix. Taking things out of context and try to make a point with it.
Really? My point is that you can compare turnovers all you want (talking Kostitsyn and Subban), but when you step back a bit, you can differentiate the forest from the tree and look at the whole picture. Subban, in spite of his turnovers, brings a whole lot to this team. AK, with his turnovers, doesn't mean anywhere close to his team. Playing absurd doesn't make a case.

Clearer now?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:42 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Sounds like his future isn't here. Should be interesting to see how much more we pay for the person brought in/up to replace him, how much more consistent they are, and whether or not they successfully even replace the goals he'd be taking with him. I fear we're going to get someone who brings a little more effort every game, but costs us, like, $2 million extra a year for that effort, with little/no improvement in goal scoring.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:48 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Really? My point is that you can compare turnovers all you want (talking Kostitsyn and Subban), but when you step back a bit, you can differentiate the forest from the tree and look at the whole picture. Subban, in spite of his turnovers, brings a whole lot to this team. AK, with his turnovers, doesn't mean anywhere close to his team. Playing absurd doesn't make a case.

Clearer now?
Actually your point was to make fun at The Kremelin Wall by saying he compared Subban to AK which was clearly not the case.

The Kremelin Wall was just making fun of that poster suggesting that we should trade AK because he's a turnover machine but in reality, Subban has much more turnovers.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:55 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Sounds like his future isn't here. Should be interesting to see how much more we pay for the person brought in/up to replace him, how much more consistent they are, and whether or not they successfully even replace the goals he'd be taking with him. I fear we're going to get someone who brings a little more effort every game, but costs us, like, $2 million extra a year for that effort, with little/no improvement in goal scoring.
His 12 goals will be missed.

There's a lot more to a hockey player than just scoring. You really do overrate what AK brings to this team. How many goals has he scored in his last 20 games? Have you even noticed him on the ice?

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:56 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
They also better be able to be 5th among forwards in scoring with the 8th most TOI and limited PP time. Can't wait to see who PG has up his sleeve to do that. AK/Eller/Moen is a line I was hoping to see going forward as the 3rd line. Guess not.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:03 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post

There's a lot more to a hockey player than just scoring. You really do overrate what AK brings to this team. How many goals has he scored in his last 20 games? Have you even noticed him on the ice?
AFAIK, that poster is not even a fan of AK, so I doubt he overrates AK. AK gave us 20 goals per season and the physical aspect from the top 6 which we did not have in the previous 2-3 seasons with Plekanec, Gomez, Gionta, Cammalleri but now that we have MaxPac, Cole and Bourque so AK is not that important anymore.

Anyway, I will be glad to see AK leave this team and start over with another team. Next year, you guys will be all over Bourque, I can almost guarantee it.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:34 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

we also can't take for granted that any one goal scored by another player is replacing any one goal that X player would have scored. it's never clear cut math. people can be successful at the same time and combine for more goals, and sometimes it really is one player being made better by someone else, goals that can be replaced by another complimentary player. i'm not directing this comment towards any players in specific but we always talk as if "this player scores 20 all the time, this one scores 30, that's 10 more goals guaranteed." it's really subjective when players share a line. everything needs to be assessed on a per/case basis.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 01:12 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Kostitsyn does well with Eller...and not much else. If he's to stay, he's got to step it up when his motivational buddy is not around...and he has not been doing it.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 01:47 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
Kostitsyn does well with Eller...and not much else.
Line with the highest goal production rate so far this year? MaxPac-DD-and wait for it... ...A.Kost, at 6.9 goals/60 mins of EV time together. And in "real" terms, I think that's still the 3rd most productive line combo overall at ES, with 5 goals contributed (in only 43 mins together, obviously). MaxPac-DD-Cole? 3.0 goals/60 mins of EV time. Let that one digest for a while.

And then remember that Cammalleri-Pleks-A.Kost was our best line in the recent past, as was A.Kost-Pleks-Kovalev for a while. Hmm... looks like A.Kost has been productive playing with all 3 of our current top centre options. Imagine that: no matter who he plays with, or what lines/roles he's bounced around in, he manages 20+ goals per season with 15 mins of icetime per game.

This is totally going to turn into another Halak thing, where people start assuming that I have some thing for A.Kost, but the haters like yourself really, really get out of control once rumours start chumming the waters. Just a bit of research before looking like you don't know what you're talking about... that's all I ask.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 02:02 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
Kostitsyn does well with Eller...and not much else. If he's to stay, he's got to step it up when his motivational buddy is not around...and he has not been doing it.
care to email that to Connie ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 02:10 AM
Cyclones Rock

His 3 goals in his last 29 games (2 PP/1 ES) since the coaching change wouldn't exactly inspire a great deal of confidence nor perceived need to sign him to a multi-year, expensive contract in the eyes of management, I would think.

I can't imagine that he isn't being shopped very heavily. In my mind, he's the most likely Hab to be traded by the deadline now that Gill has been moved.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 04:48 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
His 3 goals in his last 29 games (2 PP/1 ES) since the coaching change wouldn't exactly inspire a great deal of confidence nor perceived need to sign him to a multi-year, expensive contract in the eyes of management, I would think.

I can't imagine that he isn't being shopped very heavily. In my mind, he's the most likely Hab to be traded by the deadline now that Gill has been moved.
At this point, I'm all for trading AK but RC needs to play him more. Give him what he gives to Gomez. Give him every chances to produce, make him happy, boost his ****ing value or he will either leave as an UFA and we get nothing or get a pick... which is far from his real value.

If RC doesn't want a Bourque-Plekanec-AK line, at least keep AK with Eller FULL TIME. Stop putting him with Scott Gomez who hasn't done anything good for a ****ing year. You want a player to bounce back but you put him with the worst center? Wtf?

AK had a good start this with Eller, he was even a little bit above his usual pace even if he played on the third line and limited icetime and PP. He had 22pts in 40 games which is around his normal production. Until February, AK and Eller weren't player together anymore and start putting him with Gomez and guess what... 2 pts in 11 games, none of them was with Gomez though, both points was playing with Leblanc. AK is something 0pt in 7-8 games with Gomez in February. Add the 1pt in 15 games played with Gomez last season and you see that its a fuking disaster everytime AK and Gomez played together yet the coach either see sometime good in that line and simply want to punish AK by letting him play with the worst center.

So before saying he disappeared or is not giving an effort lately, watch who he is playing with.

First 40 games of the season playing mostly with Eller: 22 points. (0.55pt per game)
Career: 210pts in 377 games (0.55pt per game)

Next 11 games (around 7-8 games with Gomez) : 2 points and none of the points was with Gomez. So with Gomez 0pt in lets say 7 games. And last season, he played around 15 games with Gomez and got 1pt. So with Gomez AK has 1 pt in 22 games in the past 2 seasons.

Remember Eller 4 goals night? AK was a big part of it.. but RC doesn't like that. He likes AK+Gomezzz for some reason.

Old
02-23-2012, 05:58 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post

you mean, the games he played with Gomez ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 06:55 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
you mean, the games he played with Gomez ?
Never seems to be his fault.

He stopped scoring long before Gomez came back from injury. Where's the excuse there?

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote