HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Semin to DET

Old
02-23-2012, 03:46 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by obey86 View Post
Players who are UFA never garner as much in a trade as you would expect. Especially a player coming off of two below par seasons. Wasn't he rumored to be considering the KHL at one point too?
Really? seriously, what did you value Hal Gill or Pavel Kubina at? Superstars never go for the ridiculous packages that people think like Parise or Suter if they were available would go for far less than what either of their fan-bases want. But it doesn't seem the Caps fans demands are outrageous at least for the most part from what I have seen on here.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 04:29 AM
DesiMundha

I would love to have semin on the wings he would just make the best team even better.

DesiMundha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 05:26 AM
akustyk

no Semin, please. this team is built on hard working guys, not primadonnas...

and it's not like 2nd round pick and a bag of pucks would cut it, mind you...

akustyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 05:45 AM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by akustyk View Post

If Semin ends up in hockeytown , he'll tear it up alongside Pavel....his Defensive play is underrated and his talent is 2nd only to well.....Pavel

Most of you don't watch him play every night .......you only get the occasional tidbit of vomit from idiots like Milbury.?...mind you he can be frustrating at times...but no where near the extent portrayed on these boards or this thread.

He's exactly what the wings need....he's a bloody diamond and the Caps will regret the day he was traded and every other team will wish they had traded for him.....but the only team that can develop this kid is Detroit.

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 06:36 AM
Capathetic

Quote:

Hello new hockey fan with much to lear about semin and the game

Capathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 06:51 AM
tony d
Come along, Bort.

I think a 2nd rounder and Brendan Smith to Washington would be the package Washington would want from Detroit for Alexander Semin.

02-23-2012, 07:35 AM
akustyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post
If Semin ends up in hockeytown , he'll tear it up alongside Pavel....his Defensive play is underrated and his talent is 2nd only to well.....Pavel
maybe. maybe not.

it takes certain personal characteristics to mold with the Wings team/organization. among others the "team first" attitude, which not all players have it, and most certainly not many of those super-skilled guys like Semin.

it may work, but I doubt it. there was certain Lang guy who Wings grabbed from Capitals couple of years ago. also very skilled (even for the Wings team back then) with the promise of "tearing it up". at the end of the day fans in Motown were ecstatic when the contract of Lang is lazy and he sucks(TM) expired.

Quote:
Most of you don't watch him play every night .......you only get the occasional tidbit of vomit from idiots like Milbury.?...mind you he can be frustrating at times...but no where near the extent portrayed on these boards or this thread.
please don't insult me with Milbury! thank you.

as for the reasoning behind my opinion - I prefer it when Holland fishes decent players with less media hype around them. they're usually less expensive and more likely to work their way into Wings system and provide long term value. it seems to work for the organization judging on the last 10 seasons.

if the team was in dire need of offensive numbers, then such risk would be worth it. as it stands now... I'm not sure, especially when I think that he's not going to cost the 2nd round pick and a bag of pucks - Semin is absolutely worth more than Quincey at trade deadline!

Quote:
He's exactly what the wings need....he's a bloody diamond and the Caps will regret the day he was traded and every other team will wish they had traded for him.....but the only team that can develop this kid is Detroit.
I agree that in terms of position, skill set and frame he's great match. definitely.
it comes down to the price tag and estimation what is the chance of him fitting into the Wings system. there's where my reservations lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubynj View Post
Hello new hockey fan with much to lear about semin and the game
of course. it's hfboards, you're anonymous, my opinion is different, so you have every right to ridicule me. I understand it perfectly.

Old
02-23-2012, 08:16 AM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
maybe. maybe not.

it takes certain personal characteristics to mold with the Wings team/organization. among others the "team first" attitude, which not all players have it, and most certainly not many of those super-skilled guys like Semin.

it may work, but I doubt it. there was certain Lang guy who Wings grabbed from Capitals couple of years ago. also very skilled (even for the Wings team back then) with the promise of "tearing it up". at the end of the day fans in Motown were ecstatic when the contract of Lang is lazy and he sucks(TM) expired.

please don't insult me with Milbury! thank you.

as for the reasoning behind my opinion - I prefer it when Holland fishes decent players with less media hype around them. they're usually less expensive and more likely to work their way into Wings system and provide long term value. it seems to work for the organization judging on the last 10 seasons.

if the team was in dire need of offensive numbers, then such risk would be worth it. as it stands now... I'm not sure, especially when I think that he's not going to cost the 2nd round pick and a bag of pucks - Semin is absolutely worth more than Quincey at trade deadline!

I agree that in terms of position, skill set and frame he's great match. definitely.
it comes down to the price tag and estimation what is the chance of him fitting into the Wings system. there's where my reservations lie

of course. it's hfboards, you're anonymous, my opinion is different, so you have every right to ridicule me. I understand it perfectly.
Agree that the asking price is the key but considering he's a UFA....the risk is minimal in that sense....the Wings will surely be able to discern whether he fits in the next 2 months....my gut instinct is he would flourish.....now in regards to Lang....Lang was 33 when he was traded to the Wings, Semin is 27 and far more talented.

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 08:23 AM
Hale Dunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
I think a 2nd rounder and Brendan Smith to Washington would be the package Washington would want from Detroit for Alexander Semin.
That would have to be contingent on an extension suitable to Det, but yes, players like Semin don't come cheap.

I hope he stays honestly.

The abject ignorance regarding Semin on this website is really pathetic.

Hale Dunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 08:24 AM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
so far off it isn't funny. I would do, at the most Pulkkinen + 2013 2nd +2012 5th

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 08:25 AM
BF3
Boom Roasted.

Smell that? Smells like a 3-way. Who's the third?

In any case, all of the packages put forth so far seem like "Holy ****, if this is true why wasn't Semin on a plane to Detroit a week ago?" Maybe it's just me...

Last edited by BF3: 02-23-2012 at 08:35 AM.
BF3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 08:48 AM
wings95

Bredan Smith is not going anywhere. I could see a roster player like a hudler or someone along those lines. Any prospect besides smith,jurco,or sheahan is on the table if he signs an extension.

wings95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 11:44 AM
probertrules24

Quote:
Agree that the asking price is the key but considering he's a UFA....the risk is minimal in that sense....the Wings will surely be able to discern whether he fits in the next 2 months....my gut instinct is he would flourish.....now in regards to Lang....Lang was 33 when he was traded to the Wings, Semin is 27 and far more talented.
Wasn't Lang leading the league in scoring at the time of that trade. He had 74 points in 63 games for Washington that year.

I wouldn't mind seeing Semin on the Wings at all. If something could be worked out for a package like Tatar/Sheahan/Pulkkinen + 2nd (2012) I wouldn't even have a problem adding a conditional 2nd (2013) if he re-signs with Detroit.

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 11:49 AM
drewcg

Red Wings don't want any lazy Russians on their team. Only hard working Canadian boys. Even better if they've had some time working on a farm.

drewcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 11:59 AM
akustyk

Semin is proven 1st liner and guy of talent which made him high 1st round pick - in fact, if he wasn't Russian he'd probably end up being taken around 7-8 th pick.

and it happens to be his last year under contract. which means it's not a cap clearing move, but merely a chance for McPhee to land some assets (picks/prospects) for a team that as of 27 February isn't necessarily out of playoffs (mind you, it's Atlantic Division).

to cut it short: if people think 2nd round pick and a guy like Tatar and Sheahan are going to cut it - I seriously want the same weed
for Caps GM it probably starts more like: Filppula + 2013 1st round pick...

Old
02-23-2012, 12:02 PM
Brave Sir Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by probertrules24 View Post
Wasn't Lang leading the league in scoring at the time of that trade. He had 74 points in 63 games for Washington that year.

I wouldn't mind seeing Semin on the Wings at all. If something could be worked out for a package like Tatar/Sheahan/Pulkkinen + 2nd (2012) I wouldn't even have a problem adding a conditional 2nd (2013) if he re-signs with Detroit.
No thanks, I'd rather keep Semin.

Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:54 PM
wings95

Quote:
Semin is proven 1st liner and guy of talent which made him high 1st round pick - in fact, if he wasn't Russian he'd probably end up being taken around 7-8 th pick.

and it happens to be his last year under contract. which means it's not a cap clearing move, but
merely a chance for McPhee to land some assets (picks/prospects) for a team that as of 27 February isn't necessarily out of playoffs (mind you, it's Atlantic Division).

to cut it short: if people think 2nd round pick and a guy like Tatar and Sheahan are going to cut it - I seriously want the same weed
for Caps GM it probably starts more like: Filppula + 2013 1st round pick...
I would do that. But Semin would be a rental so he would not fetch as much as nash. Semin is rumored to be lazy also, just like carter. U won't get that much unless he is signed or gives assurances that he will stay in the nhl and not bolt for khl.

wings95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 01:07 PM
Tatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcg View Post
Red Wings don't want any lazy Russians on their team. Only hard working Canadian boys. Even better if they've had some time working on a farm.

Quote:
Smith is untouchable. How's this:

Teemu Pulkkinen
Jakub Kindl
2nd Round Draft Pick 2012
Conditional 2nd Round Draft Pick 2013

Alexander Semin
Braden Holtby

Tatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatar View Post

Teemu Pulkkinen
Jakub Kindl

Alexander Semin
Braden Holtby
Yeah, Washington doesn't do that. At all. Maybe for Semin alone, and that's if they like those prospects a lot.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 01:37 PM
DarkReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
Yeah, Washington doesn't do that. At all. Maybe for Semin alone, and that's if they like those prospects a lot.
I'd do it for Semin alone and even negotiate on the pick and make it conditional 1st 2013 if he re-signs.

DarkReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 01:39 PM
NeilYoung

Quote:

Teemu Pulkkinen
Jakub Kindl

Alexander Semin
Braden Holtby
Pulkinnen doesn't really do anything for the Caps, Kindl doesn't either

I'd rather see them get a quality piece back instead of quantity

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 01:52 PM
BTD5504

Quote:

Teemu Pulkkinen
Jakub Kindl

Alexander Semin
Braden Holtby

holtby has star potential in net, no thank you.

BTD5504 is offline   Reply With Quote