HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hockey Talk Shows Le Match/Anti-Chambre, etc...

Old
01-26-2012, 08:55 PM
McSorleyStick
CYBORK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jessiman View Post
First thing I noticed when I got RDS in HD. How everyone has yellowish teeth...
Lol.

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:25 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Anybody knows if Jean-Charles Lajoie is gone for good from TVA Sports? The guy replacing him is some uninteresting young moron.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 07:33 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Anybody knows if Jean-Charles Lajoie is gone for good from TVA Sports? The guy replacing him is some uninteresting young moron.
Well he is replacing a moron.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 08:35 AM
thegreaterikku

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHabs View Post
I had to laugh at that. Jean-Charles... geez.

TVASport really needs to step up if they want to be better than RDS, and RDS is very bad to start with. RDS feed quality is horrible compare to TVA and I don't know why they don't try to get advantage of that. Plus TVA should secure the Sens for good. It's pretty lame that have a team play on two competitor channel and if they really want to cater viewer they should start talking with QMJHL and show several games. I know from good source that they are re-branding for September (in the hope they get the Nords this summer) but other than that, beside actual sport, it's a pretty lame channel.

thegreaterikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 09:15 AM
Kriss E

The funniest thing on AC yesterday was Bertrand Raymond say Vermette could have replaced an ''aging'' Plekanec. Of course, he doesn't know that both are of the same age..

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 09:16 AM
Joe Cole

With a serious lack of credible talent, almost no original content, and no vision.... there is no compelling reason for TVA Sports to succeed. If they secure the TV rights to a Quebec City based NHL team, only then will they have the programming to survive.

Similarly, besides the Habs, and F1, there is little reason to watch RDS either.

We can watch sports in a much better format, with better visual/audio quality, which are live (not re-broadcast), elsewhere on the dial.

The whole tabloid-like style that RDS and TVA have taken to be the only way to present sports is low brow and childish.

For someone who used to consume hours a day of their programming, in the past year or two, I never punch 633 on my remote unless someone else is not broadcasting the Habs game that night.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 09:18 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
The funniest thing on AC yesterday was Bertrand Raymond say Vermette could have replaced an ''aging'' Plekanec. Of course, he doesn't know that both are of the same age..
Betrand Raymond, perpetuating the "no need for research and hard work because sensational regionalism is what the people want" ethos.

Old
02-23-2012, 09:22 AM
thegreaterikku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
With a serious lack of credible talent, almost no original content, and no vision.... there is no compelling reason for TVA Sports to succeed. If they secure the TV rights to a Quebec City based NHL team, only then will they have the programming to survive.

Similarly, besides the Habs, and F1, there is little reason to watch RDS either.

We can watch sports in a much better format, with better visual/audio quality, which are live (not re-broadcast), elsewhere on the dial.

The whole tabloid-like style that RDS and TVA have taken to be the only way to present sports is low brow and childish.

For someone who used to consume hours a day of their programming, in the past year or two, I never punch 633 on my remote unless someone else is not broadcasting the Habs game that night.
Well said. They both suck. TVA should also exploit what RDS has but doesn't care about, the QMJHL. Hockey is supposed to be our sport, but for RDS hockey is only the Canadiens. It's a shame that RDS have all the rights to show major junior games but doesn't care about it like any other provinces does.

thegreaterikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 09:44 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreaterikku View Post
Well said. They both suck. TVA should also exploit what RDS has but doesn't care about, the QMJHL. Hockey is supposed to be our sport, but for RDS hockey is only the Canadiens. It's a shame that RDS have all the rights to show major junior games but doesn't care about it like any other provinces does.
True!

They could totally create a buzz around the Q with proper presentation and marketing, like TSN did with the WJHC. Build stars out of the players with "human interest" lead pieces. Build the story behind rivalries between teams....

Or they can just go on keep just showing the Habs, and some re-broadcasted boxing with the only story line to EVERY sports situation, the "gars de chez nous" angle.

Old
02-24-2012, 12:10 AM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
Betrand Raymond, perpetuating the "no need for research and hard work because sensational regionalism is what the people want" ethos.
This guy has been saying ******** for the past 40 years and he still has a job

If I had his job security, I wouldn't bother verifying my facts either.

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 01:21 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHabs View Post
I used to think that way but in recent weeks JC had become a whole lot better than before. Especially with his "Friday Six Pack" .

Seriously anybody knows what has become of this guy? I heard he may have gotten a promotion or something.

Old
02-24-2012, 09:07 PM
zx81

I must admit that I kinda like Michel Therrien. Could he be our next coach ? I wouln't be surprised or against it. Can't be worse than Cunney

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 03:30 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
I must admit that I kinda like Michel Therrien. Could he be our next coach ? I wouln't be surprised or against it. Can't be worse than Cunney

He's always the most interesting guy at L'Anti-chambre. Maybe it doesn't mean much but what he says is pretty damn cool most of the time.

Old
02-25-2012, 07:30 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Well change the whole defense then.....'cause if he called his ex-Pens squad SOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, how will he called this one? EXTRA CHARMIN SOFFFFFFFFFFFFFF?

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:28 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well change the whole defense then.....'cause if he called his ex-Pens squad SOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, how will he called this one? EXTRA CHARMIN SOFFFFFFFFFFFFFF?
Therrien is completly disgusted by Kaberle. He's bashing him every shows he's on. He feel that he has no dedication to team sport.

Old
02-26-2012, 03:48 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Give us all a break! The 90's are far gone. His heart could never take it! anyway!

Besides Nordiques in Montreal=Puke! You never listen to those that were in/are of cities smaller than a Metro Centre....Never this is the BIG Centre Worldwide!

Those that have no industrial decease, need not apply in Montreal!

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:46 PM
BLONG7

Tonight's group is quite the crew of fired rejects...

The Habs will give them plenty to talk about...

BLONG7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:50 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Therrien is completly disgusted by Kaberle. He's bashing him every shows he's on. He feel that he has no dedication to team sport.
Apparently, he's very...well...very good with the ladies. completely irrelevant, but I thought I needed to add this absolutely trivial information.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Macbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
Give us all a break! The 90's are far gone. His heart could never take it! anyway!

Besides Nordiques in Montreal=Puke! You never listen to those that were in/are of cities smaller than a Metro Centre....Never this is the BIG Centre Worldwide!

I wish you'd make sense.

Oh, my...

Macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:51 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post

Michel Therrien, not Michel Bergeron.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Kriss E

Don't want Therrien.

Old
02-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Don't want Therrien.
Same here. Don't want Damphousse in the management as well by the way. No way.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
share the same opinion here, watched him talk a few times on the show and he doesn't seem to bright and would probably do what most of those clowns say anyways. No thanks

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:06 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
I don't want any of the guys there. Damphousse was refreshing when I saw him the first few times because it's pretty easy to set yourself a part when the guys around you are completely idiotic. But, no interested there either.

Coach, I'm hoping Robinson.
As for the GM, I'm not overly interested in Julien Brisebois. I think we really have to lure Jim Nill here.

We need to surround ourselves with winners at the managerial level. Guys that have won or at the very least came real close to it as managers, preferably in the post-lockout days.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Jimmym007

Pathetic, these clowns just said that A Kost would land a 3rd round pick AT BEST, and that habs should take it without looking back.

Man if a GM offered a 3rd round pick I'd spit it his face, defecate on his desk and leave.

Jimmym007 is offline   Reply With Quote