HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hockey Talk Shows Le Match/Anti-Chambre, etc...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2012, 08:55 PM
  #276
McSorleyStick
CYBORK
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Algeria
Posts: 12,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jessiman View Post
First thing I noticed when I got RDS in HD. How everyone has yellowish teeth...
Lol.

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:25 PM
  #277
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 20,944
vCash: 500
Anybody knows if Jean-Charles Lajoie is gone for good from TVA Sports? The guy replacing him is some uninteresting young moron.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 07:33 AM
  #278
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Anybody knows if Jean-Charles Lajoie is gone for good from TVA Sports? The guy replacing him is some uninteresting young moron.
Well he is replacing a moron.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 08:35 AM
  #279
thegreaterikku
Registered User
 
thegreaterikku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St-Ambroise
Country: Canada
Posts: 266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHabs View Post
Well he is replacing a moron.
I had to laugh at that. Jean-Charles... geez.

TVASport really needs to step up if they want to be better than RDS, and RDS is very bad to start with. RDS feed quality is horrible compare to TVA and I don't know why they don't try to get advantage of that. Plus TVA should secure the Sens for good. It's pretty lame that have a team play on two competitor channel and if they really want to cater viewer they should start talking with QMJHL and show several games. I know from good source that they are re-branding for September (in the hope they get the Nords this summer) but other than that, beside actual sport, it's a pretty lame channel.

thegreaterikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 09:15 AM
  #280
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21,013
vCash: 500
The funniest thing on AC yesterday was Bertrand Raymond say Vermette could have replaced an ''aging'' Plekanec. Of course, he doesn't know that both are of the same age..

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 09:16 AM
  #281
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,174
vCash: 500
With a serious lack of credible talent, almost no original content, and no vision.... there is no compelling reason for TVA Sports to succeed. If they secure the TV rights to a Quebec City based NHL team, only then will they have the programming to survive.

Similarly, besides the Habs, and F1, there is little reason to watch RDS either.

We can watch sports in a much better format, with better visual/audio quality, which are live (not re-broadcast), elsewhere on the dial.

The whole tabloid-like style that RDS and TVA have taken to be the only way to present sports is low brow and childish.

For someone who used to consume hours a day of their programming, in the past year or two, I never punch 633 on my remote unless someone else is not broadcasting the Habs game that night.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 09:18 AM
  #282
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
The funniest thing on AC yesterday was Bertrand Raymond say Vermette could have replaced an ''aging'' Plekanec. Of course, he doesn't know that both are of the same age..
Betrand Raymond, perpetuating the "no need for research and hard work because sensational regionalism is what the people want" ethos.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 09:22 AM
  #283
thegreaterikku
Registered User
 
thegreaterikku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St-Ambroise
Country: Canada
Posts: 266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
With a serious lack of credible talent, almost no original content, and no vision.... there is no compelling reason for TVA Sports to succeed. If they secure the TV rights to a Quebec City based NHL team, only then will they have the programming to survive.

Similarly, besides the Habs, and F1, there is little reason to watch RDS either.

We can watch sports in a much better format, with better visual/audio quality, which are live (not re-broadcast), elsewhere on the dial.

The whole tabloid-like style that RDS and TVA have taken to be the only way to present sports is low brow and childish.

For someone who used to consume hours a day of their programming, in the past year or two, I never punch 633 on my remote unless someone else is not broadcasting the Habs game that night.
Well said. They both suck. TVA should also exploit what RDS has but doesn't care about, the QMJHL. Hockey is supposed to be our sport, but for RDS hockey is only the Canadiens. It's a shame that RDS have all the rights to show major junior games but doesn't care about it like any other provinces does.

thegreaterikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 09:44 AM
  #284
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreaterikku View Post
Well said. They both suck. TVA should also exploit what RDS has but doesn't care about, the QMJHL. Hockey is supposed to be our sport, but for RDS hockey is only the Canadiens. It's a shame that RDS have all the rights to show major junior games but doesn't care about it like any other provinces does.
True!

They could totally create a buzz around the Q with proper presentation and marketing, like TSN did with the WJHC. Build stars out of the players with "human interest" lead pieces. Build the story behind rivalries between teams....

Or they can just go on keep just showing the Habs, and some re-broadcasted boxing with the only story line to EVERY sports situation, the "gars de chez nous" angle.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 12:10 AM
  #285
Booba
Fier, ému and proud
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chez Moi
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
Betrand Raymond, perpetuating the "no need for research and hard work because sensational regionalism is what the people want" ethos.
This guy has been saying ******** for the past 40 years and he still has a job

If I had his job security, I wouldn't bother verifying my facts either.

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 01:21 AM
  #286
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 20,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHabs View Post
Well he is replacing a moron.
I used to think that way but in recent weeks JC had become a whole lot better than before. Especially with his "Friday Six Pack" .

Seriously anybody knows what has become of this guy? I heard he may have gotten a promotion or something.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:07 PM
  #287
zx81
Registered User
 
zx81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,331
vCash: 500
I must admit that I kinda like Michel Therrien. Could he be our next coach ? I wouln't be surprised or against it. Can't be worse than Cunney

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 03:30 AM
  #288
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 20,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
I must admit that I kinda like Michel Therrien. Could he be our next coach ? I wouln't be surprised or against it. Can't be worse than Cunney

He's always the most interesting guy at L'Anti-chambre. Maybe it doesn't mean much but what he says is pretty damn cool most of the time.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:30 AM
  #289
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
I must admit that I kinda like Michel Therrien. Could he be our next coach ? I wouln't be surprised or against it. Can't be worse than Cunney
Well change the whole defense then.....'cause if he called his ex-Pens squad SOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, how will he called this one? EXTRA CHARMIN SOFFFFFFFFFFFFFF?

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:28 AM
  #290
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 20,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well change the whole defense then.....'cause if he called his ex-Pens squad SOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, how will he called this one? EXTRA CHARMIN SOFFFFFFFFFFFFFF?
Therrien is completly disgusted by Kaberle. He's bashing him every shows he's on. He feel that he has no dedication to team sport.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:48 AM
  #291
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,122
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
I must admit that I kinda like Michel Therrien. Could he be our next coach ? I wouln't be surprised or against it. Can't be worse than Cunney
Give us all a break! The 90's are far gone. His heart could never take it! anyway!

Besides Nordiques in Montreal=Puke! You never listen to those that were in/are of cities smaller than a Metro Centre....Never this is the BIG Centre Worldwide!

Those that have no industrial decease, need not apply in Montreal!

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:46 PM
  #292
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,935
vCash: 500
Tonight's group is quite the crew of fired rejects...

The Habs will give them plenty to talk about...

BLONG7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:50 PM
  #293
deandebean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, cālisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 8,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Therrien is completly disgusted by Kaberle. He's bashing him every shows he's on. He feel that he has no dedication to team sport.
Apparently, he's very...well...very good with the ladies. completely irrelevant, but I thought I needed to add this absolutely trivial information.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:51 PM
  #294
Macbeth
Registered User
 
Macbeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Petite-Patrie, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
Give us all a break! The 90's are far gone. His heart could never take it! anyway!

Besides Nordiques in Montreal=Puke! You never listen to those that were in/are of cities smaller than a Metro Centre....Never this is the BIG Centre Worldwide!

Those that have no industrial decease, need not apply in Montreal!
I wish you'd make sense.

Oh, my...

Macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:51 PM
  #295
deandebean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, cālisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 8,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
Give us all a break! The 90's are far gone. His heart could never take it! anyway!

Besides Nordiques in Montreal=Puke! You never listen to those that were in/are of cities smaller than a Metro Centre....Never this is the BIG Centre Worldwide!

Those that have no industrial decease, need not apply in Montreal!
Michel Therrien, not Michel Bergeron.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:53 PM
  #296
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21,013
vCash: 500
Don't want Therrien.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:54 PM
  #297
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Don't want Therrien.
Same here. Don't want Damphousse in the management as well by the way. No way.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:00 PM
  #298
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Same here. Don't want Damphousse in the management as well by the way. No way.
share the same opinion here, watched him talk a few times on the show and he doesn't seem to bright and would probably do what most of those clowns say anyways. No thanks

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:06 PM
  #299
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Same here. Don't want Damphousse in the management as well by the way. No way.
I don't want any of the guys there. Damphousse was refreshing when I saw him the first few times because it's pretty easy to set yourself a part when the guys around you are completely idiotic. But, no interested there either.

Coach, I'm hoping Robinson.
As for the GM, I'm not overly interested in Julien Brisebois. I think we really have to lure Jim Nill here.

We need to surround ourselves with winners at the managerial level. Guys that have won or at the very least came real close to it as managers, preferably in the post-lockout days.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:14 PM
  #300
Jimmym007
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: montreal
Posts: 112
vCash: 500
Pathetic, these clowns just said that A Kost would land a 3rd round pick AT BEST, and that habs should take it without looking back.

Man if a GM offered a 3rd round pick I'd spit it his face, defecate on his desk and leave.

Jimmym007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.