HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All Purpose Alexander Radulov Thread v1.0 (UPD: Does not have to clear waivers)

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2012, 12:13 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Grossman is also Pekka's agent, and that seemed to go smoothly--albeit that could be because we were willing to give him a gigantic contract.

Dmitri Chesnokov opined after Medvedev's comments that while true there's no such thing as an "out clause" in the KHL, gentlemans/handshake deals are common, and most everyone in Russia know that not only does Radulov have one, that most believe he's going to use it.
That would be so sweet.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:24 AM
WartracePred

A couple of thoughts that may influence Rad's decision...

Does anyone think that after a full KHL regular season and playoffs, he might want a little break? I know their season is shorter than the NHL season. If he wants to come back to the Preds, would he rather take some time to re-charge his batteries and start fresh in 2012-2013?

And does it play to his ego that his return could very well keep Suter in Nashville? And conversely, if he waits, Suter could very well leave, reducing his chances of winning a Stanley Cup.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:52 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
Does anyone think that after a full KHL regular season and playoffs, he might want a little break? I know their season is shorter than the NHL season. If he wants to come back to the Preds, would he rather take some time to re-charge his batteries and start fresh in 2012-2013?
There are 4-5 million reasons why he wouldn't want to put it off to start fresh in 2012-13.

Plus, I don't lack of energy was every one of Radulov's problems.

If it truly does want to return to Nashville, he'll want it to be with Suter & Weber.

Old
02-22-2012, 10:43 AM
tserberis*

Avangard just passed Ufa on standings. It will come down to their game against each other to determine who is playing AK Bars. Hope it Ufa. And hope for a sweep.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:22 AM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Avangard just passed Ufa on standings. It will come down to their game against each other to determine who is playing AK Bars. Hope it Ufa. And hope for a sweep.
Will their game on Friday be broadcast on the net?

Old
02-22-2012, 11:34 AM
tserberis*

Quote:
Will their game on Friday be broadcast on the net?
www.livetv.ru/en/ Will able to find it there 99%.

7 am est thou.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:39 AM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
www.livetv.ru/en/ Will able to find it there 99%.

7 am est thou.
6 am CST isn't exactly convenient. Will there be a replay? Has Salavat played well against AK Bars this season?

Old
02-22-2012, 11:48 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

So...are we rooting for an early exit?

Old
02-22-2012, 11:58 AM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
So...are we rooting for an early exit?
Absolutely! Regular season ends Sunday. They either finish 2nd or 5th depending on Friday's game. A 1st round exit and he's available by mid March. Of course his team could win their damned championship as well.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:02 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
6 am CST isn't exactly convenient. Will there be a replay? Has Salavat played well against AK Bars this season?
I'll look around. If I find one I'll let you know.

Ufa knocked them out last year. Will be very interesting. In three years of KHL AK Bars 2 and Ufa 1 Gagarin's cup winners.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:28 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
seems like AK Bars is where Denis Arkhipov ended up when he flamed out of the NHL... wonder if he had any kind of career over there...

Old
02-22-2012, 01:30 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
seems like AK Bars is where Denis Arkhipov ended up when he flamed out of the NHL... wonder if he had any kind of career over there...

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=36988

Old
02-22-2012, 01:39 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
thanks. I had totally forgotten that Chicago had him for a year... that was back when they still were the dregs of the NHL and everyone bagged on us and detroit for playing in such a weak division...

Old
02-23-2012, 10:26 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Twitterverse is all aflutter since it appears Rad's KHL team is pursuing Caps Prospect Kuznetsov as a replacement for Rads. Implies they believe he is coming over, perhaps in the summer. Already rumors of an AK46+ d-man for Radulov rumors coming from Montreal. Take it for what it is worth-- just a rumor.

Last edited by darth5: 02-23-2012 at 10:50 AM. Reason: number error
Old
02-23-2012, 10:28 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth5 View Post
Twitterverse is all aflutter since it appears Rad's KHL team is pursuing Caps Prospect Kuznetsov as a replacement for Rads. Implies they believe he is coming over, perhaps in the summer. Already rumors of an AK47+ d-man for Radulov rumors coming from Montreal. Take it for what it is worth-- just a rumor.
if rads is coming for sure there is no way poile trades him before getting some or all of his last ELC year.. the Habs rumor mill is just being wishful...

Old
02-23-2012, 10:29 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth5 View Post
Twitterverse is all aflutter since it appears Rad's KHL team is pursuing Caps Prospect Kuznetsov as a replacement for Rads. Implies they believe he is coming over, perhaps in the summer. Already rumors of an AK47+ d-man for Radulov rumors coming from Montreal. Take it for what it is worth-- just a rumor.
if rads is coming over here, i bet it's only if we trade his rights away....

i just don't see him wanting to come back here.... less money and no adoration.

get a ton for him, DP

Old
02-23-2012, 10:39 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

As I stated in a thread in the Trade forum, if Poile knows that Radulov will only come back to play for another team then he had better get more than just AK and a dman. If Radulov says he wants to come back to play, not in Nashville, then every other team interested is going to have one or two opinions: 1) the other teams will all think they have an equal chance of bringing him over, thus starting a minor bidding war, or 2) the other teams will all think they have the best shot at bringing him over, thus starting a bigger bidding war.

If Montreal is the only destination then Poile still holds all of the leverage. He can keep Radulov's rights, and Rads does not play anywhere. OR he can use his leverage against Montreal to get more (though I'm not really sure what more we would want). If Rads says he wants to play in Montreal then we are no longer trading merely the rights to the player, but we are trading the player himself.

Old
02-23-2012, 10:51 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
As I stated in a thread in the Trade forum, if Poile knows that Radulov will only come back to play for another team then he had better get more than just AK and a dman. If Radulov says he wants to come back to play, not in Nashville, then every other team interested is going to have one or two opinions: 1) the other teams will all think they have an equal chance of bringing him over, thus starting a minor bidding war, or 2) the other teams will all think they have the best shot at bringing him over, thus starting a bigger bidding war.

If Montreal is the only destination then Poile still holds all of the leverage. He can keep Radulov's rights, and Rads does not play anywhere. OR he can use his leverage against Montreal to get more (though I'm not really sure what more we would want). If Rads says he wants to play in Montreal then we are no longer trading merely the rights to the player, but we are trading the player himself.
I just don't see Rads as forthcoming and true about the situation.... If you are DP and Rads has dangled things out there for the last several years and hasnt made any move... How can you believe what he says?
I think its only realistic that Rads would go play for someone else with a lot of money...
And Is he going to muck things up in Russia with the Olympics around the corner?

Old
02-23-2012, 10:51 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm for whatever makes the Predators stronger.

Old
02-23-2012, 11:05 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Dmitry Chesnokov @dchesnokov

Radulov says he's "being pressured" by the #Preds to return.Kuznetsov says you can make a lot of money in the KHL playing like Radulov.Swap?

Old
02-23-2012, 11:06 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

He also says that a return this season won't happen as he's set to play for the national team at the IIHF Worlds.

Old
02-23-2012, 11:06 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

I don't expect Rads to be back till next year at the earliest. No way he risks not playing for Russia in the World Cup and the Olympics.

Old
02-23-2012, 11:23 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
if rads is coming over here, i bet it's only if we trade his rights away....

i just don't see him wanting to come back here.... less money and no adoration.

get a ton for him, DP
While it may be less money than the KHL, it doesn't have to be significantly less money.

If I were Rads, I'd be telling Poile that if he'll let me satisfy my ELC by playing one game, I'll sign a multi-year deal for say $5 million per year. That way, both sides get what they want. Rads doesn't have to play for a paltry $800,000, and the preds get a top 6 scoring forward committed for at least several years.

Old
02-23-2012, 11:41 AM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
While it may be less money than the KHL, it doesn't have to be significantly less money.

If I were Rads, I'd be telling Poile that if he'll let me satisfy my ELC by playing one game, I'll sign a multi-year deal for say $5 million per year. That way, both sides get what they want. Rads doesn't have to play for a paltry $800,000, and the preds get a top 6 scoring forward committed for at least several years.
I believe he has to play at least 10 games during a season otherwise his ELC slides into the following season.

02-23-2012, 11:43 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

I've been scanning this thread a little, but aren't the timing of his KHL playoffs basically irrelevant if he's supposedly just playing in the Worlds after that anyway?

Closed Thread