HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn's Future: Is it in Montreal?

View Poll Results: What will happen to Le Frère André?
Traded before trade deadline 98 54.14%
Departure as UFA 25 13.81%
Back in Montreal next year 58 32.04%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-23-2012, 06:58 AM
hockeyfan2k11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
AFAIK, that poster is not even a fan of AK, so I doubt he overrates AK. AK gave us 20 goals per season and the physical aspect from the top 6 which we did not have in the previous 2-3 seasons with Plekanec, Gomez, Gionta, Cammalleri but now that we have MaxPac, Cole and Bourque so AK is not that important anymore.

Anyway, I will be glad to see AK leave this team and start over with another team. Next year, you guys will be all over Bourque, I can almost guarantee it.
If Bourque disappears like AK does (which he's known to do) then yes, I will be all over him. And rightfully so.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 07:31 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Line with the highest goal production rate so far this year? MaxPac-DD-and wait for it... ...A.Kost, at 6.9 goals/60 mins of EV time together. And in "real" terms, I think that's still the 3rd most productive line combo overall at ES, with 5 goals contributed (in only 43 mins together, obviously). MaxPac-DD-Cole? 3.0 goals/60 mins of EV time. Let that one digest for a while.
Two Words - Sample size

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 08:21 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Actually your point was to make fun at The Kremelin Wall by saying he compared Subban to AK which was clearly not the case.

The Kremelin Wall was just making fun of that poster suggesting that we should trade AK because he's a turnover machine but in reality, Subban has much more turnovers.
Thank you for informing me of what my point was. You seemingly know more about my intention than I do. Sorry for the inconvenience.

My point actually was what I've explained, whether you want to believe it or not.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 09:23 AM
Teufelsdreck

AK is still with the Habs less than a week before the deadline despite the team's disheartening losses. Makes me think that the chances of his remaining are slightly better than 50-50.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 09:31 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
AK is still with the Habs less than a week before the deadline despite the team's disheartening losses. Makes me think that the chances of his remaining are slightly better than 50-50.
Well, if we don't trade him... does he re-sign with us? That's the question.

About a month ago I thought that answer would be yes but now I'm not so sure. He seems to be getting tired of playing 5 minutes a game and I don't blame him. The upside is the RC won't be back and hopefully he'll take that into account. Still, we're not doing ourselves any favours by sitting him the way we have been.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Pierre Mcguire was on Melnick's show yesterday. Said that GM's call/email him all the time for his impressions of players. Not one GM has inquired to him about AK. He said he could produce an email from one GM asking for advice on 15 players, and that list did not include AK.

Chances of a trade in next few days would seem low. Seems higher he will sign with Habs.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 09:39 AM
coolasprICE

I think we have a possible scenario where Gauthier might not trade AK because his stock is too low, and he doesn't want to look bad for getting a cheap return if AK finishes the year strong or scores 25 + goals next year

So it's almost better for his reputation and ego to say ''he tried as much as he could to sign him'', even if that's far from the truth, than to get rid of him and get criticized after the fact for the poor return.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 09:40 AM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Pierre Mcguire was on Melnick's show yesterday. Said that GM's call/email him all the time for his impressions of players. Not one GM has inquired to him about AK. He said he could produce an email from one GM asking for advice on 15 players, and that list did not include AK.

Chances of a trade in next few days would seem low.
Why would multiple GMs be asking for Pierre's advice? Isn't that what pro-scouting is for? Has he heard from all 28 other GMs? I'm sure there are many teams that don't need/want a Kostitsyn. That doesn't mean no team has inquired.

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 09:41 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Pierre Mcguire was on Melnick's show yesterday. Said that GM's call/email him all the time for his impressions of players.
I sometimes wonder if Pierre is stroking us with claims like this

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 09:42 AM
MathMan

Quote:
I'm kind of worried about the fact that there are GMs turn to Pierre McGuire for advice on anything.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:

Chances of a trade in next few days would seem low. Seems higher he will sign with Habs.
The humoungous amount of GMs was 2. We don't know who, if those teams are looking for offense, for skilled players or for defensive bottom line guys.

That says absolutely nothing.

I assume one of them is Shero though.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 09:44 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
It certainly sounds bogus to me.
Don't GMs have people in place for exactly just that? So why would they go to McGuire?

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 09:46 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
At this point, I'm all for trading AK but RC needs to play him more.
at this point, im all for trading RC and give AK some ****ing powerplay time

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 10:00 AM
bravehab

Send a message via MSN to bravehab
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
at this point, im all for trading RC and give AK some ****ing powerplay time

bravehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 10:06 AM
Burke the Legend

vCash: 2615
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Of course he is, he has been campaigning for a GM job forever (with his 990 stooges cheerleading for him) now and convincing the world he is still a real hockey man and not just a TV talking head is part of his angle.

Burke the Legend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 10:07 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
I'm kind of worried about the fact that there are GMs turn to Pierre McGuire for advice on anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
It certainly sounds bogus to me.
Don't GMs have people in place for exactly just that? So why would they go to McGuire?
Well, the guy sees more players, talks to more players, and covers more games than possibly anyone else in the game of hockey. Doesn't seem crazy to me to get some free advice from outside your organization. doesn't mean you have to listen to it.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 10:08 AM
gillyguzzler

Quote:

Melnick in love with McGuire
McGuire in love with McGuire
Marinaro in love with McGuire
Marinaro touches Marinaro all the time.

Some weird shat going aroung on 990!

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 10:16 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
I like Subban though, why we getting rid of him?
Subban is having a rough year but he is not the one recently benched for stupid turnovers. Subban's can be chalked uo to youth and trying to do too much while Kostitsyn has no puck control skills whatsoever. I don't know if anything we can do to improve AK puck control at this stage of his career, not like he is 22. Unless a coach somewhere can try something I never head of before

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 11:37 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/335765.html

AK states again he wants to say. The only interesting thing about this article is that AK was practicing on a line with Eller and Plekanec. Not sure if that's only because Darche wasn't practicing, or if that will be an actual line on Friday. If it is, maybe they're making a last gasp effort to showcase him? Or maybe RC just woke up to the fact that AK might be better suited on an offensive line. Tough to say, really.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 11:38 AM
pine

vCash: 50
There has apparently been no discussions between AK's agent and management about his future in Montreal.

"Il a précisé que son agent n'avait pas eu de discussion avec la direction du Tricolore concernant son avenir avec l'équipe."

http://www.985sports.ca/hockey/nouve...yn-126791.html

PG better get the wheels in motion if he wants him signed, or just prepare to trade him already.

pine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
There has apparently been no discussions between AK's agent and management about his future in Montreal.

"Il a précisé que son agent n'avait pas eu de discussion avec la direction du Tricolore concernant son avenir avec l'équipe."

PG better get the wheels in motion if he wants him signed, or just prepare to trade him already.
Well if that's true he is gone. Taking a chance would be really stupid going into the summer

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post

this better mean that he's going to be moved in the next few days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Well if that's true he is gone. Taking a chance would be really stupid going into the summer
sadly, it wouldn't be the first time for this leadership group...

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 11:50 AM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
this better mean that he's going to be moved in the next few days...

sadly, it wouldn't be the first time for this leadership group...
The fact that Gauthier has not even approached AK's agent about a contract means they have no intention of resigning him now or this summer. They have to trade him and get something. I can't believe they haven't put him in a position to look good (not with Gomez, not on the 4th line, not 4 minutes a game, not a spectator on the PP and in overtime) in order to increase his value. Bad management again.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
The fact that Gauthier has not even approached AK's agent about a contract means they have no intention of resigning him now or this summer. They have to trade him and get something. I can't believe they haven't put him in a position to look good (not with Gomez, not on the 4th line, not 4 minutes a game, not a spectator on the PP and in overtime) in order to increase his value. Bad management again.
How do you know they aren't trying to decrease his value to lowball him this summer?

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote