HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Saku Koivu and Alex Kovalev

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2006, 12:37 AM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Saku Koivu and Alex Kovalev

whats wrong with them? Why arent they showing any emotion?? They are supposed to be the heading vets of the team, why arent they competing?

Im thinking for the first time to not resign Koivu next season.. I dont agree with everything of the 110% bashers say on Koivu cause I always thought Koivu was showing his leadership on ice but he isnt even doing it at the moment when the team needs him badly!

After watching the game on Canadian express, Im starting to think Sundstrom wants to go back to Europe... ********...

Zednik is slow no doubt, chicken without head. Still worst than Petrov.

Last edited by Gee Wally: 01-24-2006 at 07:53 AM. Reason: racial remarks
Old
01-24-2006, 12:46 AM
Tatay Farlo

Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
I keep saying put Perezhogin back with them and see if they can click like they did early in the season. I say they can. They were playing their best hockey at that point so why not try it. Nothing to lose and they can't play any worse.

Old
01-24-2006, 01:01 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by baljitgill
I keep saying put Perezhogin back with them and see if they can click like they did early in the season. I say they can. They were playing their best hockey at that point so why not try it. Nothing to lose and they can't play any worse.
Yes I hope so... Gainey has to make a place for him though, he will have to piut some garbage on waiver.

Old
01-24-2006, 02:29 AM
goalchenyuk

Since Kovalev had his argue with Begin , he seems to be completley away . I read that he's alone in the room or that the other players didn't accept that he did that with Begin.

Anyway , what can we expect from a group of players . when their goaler gives 5 goals in the first period , to games in a row ?

I think that Gainey have to do a meeting with the players and let them talk about how they feel by now. They are probably highly frustrated and they probably have to say it ...

Old
01-24-2006, 03:12 AM
KOVALEV10*

Despite not playing well Kovalev is still the best point per game right winger after Alfredsson, Jagr and Hossa. He didn't get a point in tonight's game so it might be a little lower but still. I can't imagine what this guy could be if he actually competed every night.

Old
01-24-2006, 04:00 AM
Balk
Healthy Scratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOVALEV10
Despite not playing well Kovalev is still the best point per game right winger after Alfredsson, Jagr and Hossa. He didn't get a point in tonight's game so it might be a little lower but still. I can't imagine what this guy could be if he actually competed every night.
The point is that this guy does not compete every night. There must be a way to light a fire under his ***.

Old
01-24-2006, 04:16 AM
Bugsy

Kovalev has been the same player for his entire career!!

Coaches have been trying for years to get the guy to compete every night and play to his potential. Back in his Pittsburgh days, even when he scored lots of points, he always floated. Talent wise, there are very few NHLers who are close to Kovalev. But talent doesn't bring credibility. Players have to compete and work hard, game in and game out. I believe that is a big problem in that locker room. The highest paid player floats 80% of every game and has only scored 10 goals, but never misses a shift and has the nerve to chew out a hard working forward..........major problems in that room!!!

Old
01-24-2006, 06:06 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy
Kovalev has been the same player for his entire career!!

Coaches have been trying for years to get the guy to compete every night and play to his potential. Back in his Pittsburgh days, even when he scored lots of points, he always floated. Talent wise, there are very few NHLers who are close to Kovalev. But talent doesn't bring credibility. Players have to compete and work hard, game in and game out. I believe that is a big problem in that locker room. The highest paid player floats 80% of every game and has only scored 10 goals, but never misses a shift and has the nerve to chew out a hard working forward..........major problems in that room!!!
Thats why I didnt want him with us first.. But Ive still hope he gets back to a better work ethic, he proved he could compete honestly. He has to be an example for our kids.. Kostitsyn is playing great at the moment but it could not last long watching Kovalev and some other vets being that lazzy.

If the vets cant compete better, lets make a firesale!

Old
01-24-2006, 06:47 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

guys... kovalev is just being kovalev.... I thought playing in a market like montreal would make him a better player but the honeymoon is over. He's reminding me of the Kovalev from the New York Rangers.

As for Koivu, yes, he's struggling too at the moment. But he really is part of the solutionn and not part of the problem in the long run.

Old
01-24-2006, 09:39 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett

As for Koivu, yes, he's struggling too at the moment. But he really is part of the solutionn and not part of the problem in the long run.
I hope so but I really dislike his lack of effort at the moment and I dont want him to be paid too much boosting our payroll... 3 millions a year is about the max I would offer him and its still alot considering he is always hurt and never reached the stats of a real first line center.

Kovalev sure doesnt earn his money at the moment, Gainey should get rid of him this summer if we dont make the playoffs.

anyway, things cant be worst, this team should step up one day..

Old
01-24-2006, 11:38 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
guys... kovalev is just being kovalev.... I thought playing in a market like montreal would make him a better player but the honeymoon is over. He's reminding me of the Kovalev from the New York Rangers.

Koivu is certainly part of the solution: TRADE HIM a.s.a.p. before he becomes a free agent.

Closed Thread