HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Aww, that's Nash-ty." Nash Rumors Part V: McKenzie says down to Rangers/Sharks

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2012, 12:41 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathdealer View Post
because i would rather have 2 top 6 fowards and cap space then 2 top 6 fowards and no space, gabby and dubi combined have 1 more point then nash and brown, and nash and brown are on down years. both nash and brown have alot more upside, and i think fit into torts system better then gabby
i forgot how cap space can score goals and put up points.

*facepalm*

Old
02-23-2012, 12:44 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Something tells me Brandon Dubinsky will play his two best games of the season on Friday and Saturday!!!
That would be nice, but the rumors and speculation could be affecting his play at this point. Remember how much better AA was after the deadline last season?

RANGERS =
Old
02-23-2012, 12:48 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Nash isn't coming here to be "The Man"

Nash isn't coming to the Rangers to play the same role he was playing in Columbus.

We have Callahan, Gaborik, Richards and Lundqvist to play THAT role.

Nash is coming ot the Rangers to do what he does best, score goals.

There's no pressure to be the man here in NY because that's not the role he is being asked to fill.
At $7.8, I beg to differ.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:48 PM
egelband

I really want the Rangers to keep Dubi. I appreciate Nash's skills, but more and more it's obvious to me that team chemistry can overcome a bit of a skill gap.
Please just stay the course, Glen. (Unless you can get Nash without moving Dubi).
E

Old
02-23-2012, 12:49 PM
pld459666

I hope to god that Dubinsky plays his best 2 games of the season Friday and Saturday.

This way we may be able ot get a deal done while givinh up less assets.

Dubinsky, Thomas and a 2nd for Nash.

Dubinsky can score 2 straight hat-tricks and I will still not blink an eye about trading him for Rick Nash.

What Nash can do and provide this team we are NEVER EVER going to get from Dubinsky. EVER

Old
02-23-2012, 12:53 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
For everyone who says "wait for Parise," don't we have to dump Dubinsky anyway to fit Parise on this team? And if we don't dump Dubinsky and do sign Parise, isn't that going to cause the same future cap trouble as it would if we got Nash?
Again, IF we do have to move Dubinsky to clear space we will be getting assets for him in return. And Parise will cost less. Once again, I'm not saying we have to sign Parise if we don't deal for Nash (personally I'm fine if we don't get either.) BUT trading for Nash will likely cost Dubinsky + and cost 7.8M in cap space. Signing Parise will cost nothing but cap space (and less than 7.8M/year.) That's obviously better in every way.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
I hope to god that Dubinsky plays his best 2 games of the season Friday and Saturday.

This way we may be able ot get a deal done while givinh up less assets.

Dubinsky, Thomas and a 2nd for Nash.

Dubinsky can score 2 straight hat-tricks and I will still not blink an eye about trading him for Rick Nash.

What Nash can do and provide this team we are NEVER EVER going to get from Dubinsky. EVER
At 7.8 mil Nash better come in and score 50 goals and 100+ points a year for the duration. He is not worth his contract at all even though he is a great player.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:54 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
Does he do that game in and game out, shift in and shift out in NY? He better if he wants to play here.
Or what? he becomes another Hartford addition? What if he does not want to sacrifice offense for defense?
Quote:
All Nash needs to do finish a few checks with the ferocity that he can to win the fans over.
The problem is that he does not do it that often. People see his size and call him a power winger and will expect him to pancake Flyers all over the ice. When he does not use his size.........
Quote:
Once he wears Ranger blue, this will be expected of him every time he is on the ice. Do you guys think Nash has it in him to that?
He has not up to now, so why would it suddenly change?

Old
02-23-2012, 12:54 PM
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15

vCash: 50
I love Nash as a player and I think it's pretty sad that he have "wasted" half his career in Columbus but with that contract of his I can't see him as a good fit with the Rangers and on top of that the asking price is enormously. I think it better too see what we can do in the playoffs the currently lineup and later make some necessarily moves this summer or later in next season, we might have a chanse with Parsie for just money and without give up several valuable assets and frankly if he wants to play for the Rangers I do belive the he could be singed with a lower cap hit than Nash.

If Erixon is ready next season witch I hope and believe maybe something like Staal + Dubinsky must be enough to fetch a great top six scorer, yes it would be hard to lose Staal but we "gotta give to get".

McDonagh-Girardi
Del Zotto-Sauer
Erixon-Strålman (if resigned)

Is still a young, great blueline!

Old
02-23-2012, 12:56 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Parise isn't signing here. He will be staying with the Devils. This whole Parise bandwagon is ridiculous and needs to stop.
He may be, he may not be. If he was so hell bent on staying with the Devils why haven't they been working on a deal? I'd say the odds of him re-signing with them are no better than 50/50 at this point. Does that mean he's signing with NYR? Of course not. But it doesn't mean it's ridiculous that we entertain the idea of signing him. Nobody is making you talk about him, but this is a discussion board so there's no need to tell people to stop discussing him when he's a pending UFA and can go anywhere he wants on July 1.

Old
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Parise isn't signing here. He will be staying with the Devils. This whole Parise bandwagon is ridiculous and needs to stop.
Totally agree.

They should start a thread called: "Moot Points" so they can all talk about Parise. It can even be retroactive with the whole "Stamkos offer sheet" garbage, from last summer.

Old
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
I agree, MJ. But it is one thing to kick the tires, and another thing to push through anyway with a move that seems destined to handcuff the team. It seems like days of old when Sather ignores all evidence around him to bring him what he wants.
You've seen Dolan, have you not? He is scarier than Sather ever been. We are getting Nash. The only question is what are we paying for him. Dubi and Kreider are as good as gone. The rest I am not sure about. I wish the rest is just picks.
I predict Bickel for Tyutin swap included in the deal. Why? I just do.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:57 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
I'm taking a different angle from the discussion of assets to trade for Nash, and fitting him into the salary cap, to ask a much more fundamental question:

Why do we need Rick Nash?

To me the guy is a really good player...but he's not Evgeny Malkin, a healthy Sydney Crosby, Steven Stamkos, or Ovechkin when he was playing well. Those guys are worth talking about rearranging your team for.

Do people REALLY think Nash is going to make that much of a difference to a team like the Rangers, who are already leading the league in winning percentage?

I mean, in prior years when we were fighting for a playoff spot, I at least understood why discussions like these were taking place. I didn't always agree with them, but I understood them.

Now...I just don't see Nash being good enough to be THAT much of a difference maker. Having a $7.8 million cap hit per year does not make you an elite player. I do not see Nash as elite.

Tell me why I'm wrong. Please.
You're not wrong. Actually you are absolutely right.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

The way I look at it, with the way the NHL functions now and how most teams are holding on to their prospects and building from within the proposed return for Nash is fair. It may seem like a lesser return than a big name would normally get but in the Salary Cap era things have changed significantly.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:58 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
There is no math you can do that will prove we can fit Parise and Dubinsky on this team next year without moving other salary.
What? That's completely untrue. We've already shown it works a dozen times.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:59 PM
True Blue

Quote:
I do not think that is at the crux of the debate.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:00 PM
pld459666

Quote:
At $7.8, I beg to differ.
That was part of the problem when the Rangers gave Holik 9 million.

The fans expected him to be more than what he was.

There are reasons that Columbus gave him that contract, he was the face of their franchise and they bought 6 of his UFA seasons. that all plays into the amount of money he got.

The fact is, he's not coming in here to be the leader of this team We have that in place already. He's coming in to address a significant shortfall that the Rangers have and that's legit talent on the top 6, another sniper on the PP and to score goals. He's not coming here to be the face of the New York Rangers. That seat is filled with Henrik and Callahan.

You can disagree with that all you want. We don't need someone to come in and be THAT guy. We have them in place already

Old
02-23-2012, 01:02 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Top 20 in goals scored except for two seasons. Fifth highest salary cap hit in the NHL each and every season. For this we want to trade a bunch of assets when we're already at the top of the league?

I don't get it.
Do you believe this team can go far in the playoffs as constructed? As we saw last season you need some offense in the PO's in order to advance, remember going into the Caps series last year posters on this board kept pointing to our regular season record against the Caps and how many goals we scored against them in the season series...how did that work out, the playoffs are a completely different animal from the regular season.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:03 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
At 7.8 mil Nash better come in and score 50 goals and 100+ points a year for the duration. He is not worth his contract at all even though he is a great player.
So based on your expectations, Gaborik should be considered a massive bust then?

Old
02-23-2012, 01:03 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarSv View Post
If Erixon is ready next season witch I hope and believe maybe something like Staal + Dubinsky must be enough to fetch a great top six scorer, yes it would be hard to lose Staal but we "gotta give to get".

McDonagh-Girardi
Del Zotto-Sauer
Erixon-Strålman (if resigned)

Is still a young, great blueline!
Slightly off topic, but 1) there is no evidence that Erixon is ready & 2) trading defensemen for forwards is not the grandest plan (Chellios for Savard). It is MUCH tougher developing defensemen than forwards.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:04 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
Then refer to my breakdown on the previous page.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=647

Not advocating that direction, as that direction is extremely rigid, but it actually can work (even w/ Parise at an inflated 7.8 million).

A 20 man roster, but it includes more expensive pieces like Erixon at 1.75, Rupp at 1.5, as well as a full season of Kreider @ 1.75.
You have no idea what the cap will be next year. None of us do. But it is a pretty widely held belief that it will be going down. Until the CBA is done and the salary cap set, there is no way you can prove anything. You can run all the numbers you want, but you are just wasting your time.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
That was part of the problem when the Rangers gave Holik 9 million.

The fans expected him to be more than what he was.

There are reasons that Columbus gave him that contract, he was the face of their franchise and they bought 6 of his UFA seasons. that all plays into the amount of money he got.

The fact is, he's not coming in here to be the leader of this team We have that in place already. He's coming in to address a significant shortfall that the Rangers have and that's legit talent on the top 6, another sniper on the PP and to score goals. He's not coming here to be the face of the New York Rangers. That seat is filled with Henrik and Callahan.

You can disagree with that all you want. We don't need someone to come in and be THAT guy. We have them in place already
He is not coming in to be the face of the Rangers, but he is going to have a ton of pressure placed on him. His cap hit makes him a guy that has to put up numbers, and we all know how us fans are when our big name guys do not put up numbers ala Gabby Circa 2010

Old
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
What? That's completely untrue. We've already shown it works a dozen times.
Really? What's the salary cap for next season?

Old
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
You've seen Dolan, have you not? He is scarier than Sather ever been. We are getting Nash. The only question is what are we paying for him. Dubi and Kreider are as good as gone. The rest I am not sure about. I wish the rest is just picks.
This is what scares me. Sather has never been able to resist the shiny new toy. And he has a hitory of bidding against himself. I just fear that Sather currently has blinders on.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:07 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
This is what scares me. Sather has never been able to resist the shiny new toy. And he has a history of bidding against himself. I just fear that Sather currently has blinders on.
Mainly in free agency. And, if Brooks is correct on what the Rangers have offered, that's not exactly the offer from someone bidding against himself.

Closed Thread