HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXXIII (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2012, 09:06 PM
hockeyfan2k11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
They managed their assets well and the coach was a major factor.

We don't have anyone quite as good as Spezza but I don't think our core is far off. When things go well it lifts up everyone, just look at Michalek.
Habs are weak down the middle and will be for a while if they stick with DD, Eller, Pleks.

Also, what no one talks about is as great as Cole and Patches are....they are both poor passers... this hurts more than a lot of people want to let on. They'd be much bigger threats if they could actually pass

Old
02-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Darren Pang ain't too happy that Thomas went out of the crease and drew a goalie interference penalty.

Old
02-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
Darren Pang ain't too happy that Thomas went out of the crease and drew a goalie interference penalty.
I've seen that way too many time. Its so ****ing stupid. I'm sure Thomas is the goalie that has drawn the most penalty for goalie interference. He's always all over the place, outside his crease and when a player touches him, its a penalty. I still remember Leblanc getting a penalty in a 2 on 1 because he made contact with Thomas who was two feet in front of his crease.

Old
02-22-2012, 10:01 PM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

**** Thomas, what a piece of **** cheater.

Old
02-22-2012, 10:06 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Habs are weak down the middle and will be for a while if they stick with DD, Eller, Pleks.

Also, what no one talks about is as great as Cole and Patches are....they are both poor passers... this hurts more than a lot of people want to let on. They'd be much bigger threats if they could actually pass
It's more a matter of being young/inexperienced than being "weak". Eller definitely has potential that has not yet been tapped and Desharnais is still progressing somewhat.

That situation is better than say Phoenix before the Vermette trade(still not taht great after either).

Old
02-22-2012, 10:13 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Man the Kings sucks so much. I thought Sutter had changed things for the better.

Old
02-22-2012, 10:14 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
It's more a matter of being young/inexperienced than being "weak". Eller definitely has potential that has not yet been tapped and Desharnais is still progressing somewhat.

That situation is better than say Phoenix before the Vermette trade(still not taht great after either).
I don't mean that they're physically weak. I just don't think our centers are anything special and are similar.

As good as DD is, I'd trade him.....that's just me though.

Old
02-22-2012, 10:18 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I don't mean that they're physically weak. I just don't think our centers are anything special and are similar.

None of them are anything special, but guys that are "special" cost a fortune.

I think once they are all in their prime they have different strengths...DD is more one dimensional and smaller so needs good matchups. Plekanec and Eller are both strong both ways will Eller obviously having more size(should fill out to 210lbs on 6'2").

We would need a big overpayment to trade DD, his cap hit is tiny...one of Gauthier's better moves, signing him for 2 years.

Old
02-22-2012, 10:41 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:

Then we could break up our best line and replace DD with Eller who can't pass to save his life, I like your reasoning.

Old
02-22-2012, 10:43 PM
pine

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Then we could break up our best line and replace DD with Eller who can't pass to save his life, I like your reasoning.

I would be extremely satisfied with Plekanec-Grigorenko-Eller down the middle next season.

Old
02-22-2012, 10:46 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post

I would be extremely satisfied with Plekanec-Grigorenko-Eller down the middle next season.
I hope you meant Girgs, Pleks, Eller???

Old
02-22-2012, 10:47 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
Another total BS call. If Thomas keeps coming out, someone needs to run his ****ing ass into the boards.

Incredible that Lucic can run Miller when he is out of the crease with such a blantant elbow, but anyone that touches Thomas anywhere outside the crease gets penalized.

Old
02-22-2012, 10:51 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post

You would be satisfied with a top 2 pick? Well that is a shocker.

Are you sure you don't want to roll Eller-Grigorenko-Plekanec? By the sounds of it Eller makes St. Louis look like an amateur.

Old
02-22-2012, 10:53 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Nonsense.

Just because I'd trade DD doesn't mean I wouldn't replace his production. DD is NOT a 1st line centerman. We don't have one on this team and frankly I'd rather get rid of DD over Pleks and Eller so that's my rationale.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:09 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Nonsense.

Just because I'd trade DD doesn't mean I wouldn't replace his production. DD is NOT a 1st line centerman. We don't have one on this team and frankly I'd rather get rid of DD over Pleks and Eller so that's my rationale.
Breaking up our best and most consistent line in the hopes someone else can simulate its production is downright idiotic. DD's first full season, he is playing incredible and you want to trade him, doesn't shock me at all.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:59 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 174
Quote:
Cole is a poor passer, Patches is not.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:09 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I've seen that way too many time. Its so ****ing stupid. I'm sure Thomas is the goalie that has drawn the most penalty for goalie interference. He's always all over the place, outside his crease and when a player touches him, its a penalty. I still remember Leblanc getting a penalty in a 2 on 1 because he made contact with Thomas who was two feet in front of his crease.
Yeah, and Cole got one too for a typical crash-the-net attempt.

Old
02-23-2012, 09:44 AM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Sens were nowhere to be seen on the radar last season.

Tremendous progress on all aspects.

99% of hockey fans and so called "experts" predicted a 13th-14th or 15th place in the East thsi season for them.
Those so-called experts you speak of are the same ones who predicted the Habs wouldn't make the playoffs the last 2-3 years yet the Habs DID, in fact, make it and went to the conference finals in one of them. The standards are different, it seems for our team compared to your evaluation of other teams. If the Habs aren't expected to make the playoffs and 'do' in 6-8th spot it's not progress and they should tank instead. When Ottawa does it it's called progress.

Habs aren't expected to make the playoffs as of now, but if they turn things around and make it with one of the league's youngest defences you so-called fans would curse at them for not tanking.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:24 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Chuck Gormley @ChuckGormleyCSN
Hamrlik on getting scratched by Hunter b/c of penalty: "when he played I think he make lots of penalties himself. He should know better."
Retweeted by Bob McKenzie

I think it's very childish using coaches' past to complain about something they did while coaching.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:31 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

AL finally near game form again, had this to say about how classless Subban is

Larsson on Subban hit:

Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice
Larsson on Subban: "I know he is a great hitter, but I didn’t know he was that good.”

Larsson: "It wasn’t really the hit that hurt me. It was when I fell into the boards."

Larsson: "The hit was clean and everything. It was just the way I landed was a little unlucky."

Larsson said he gave Subban the fist bump on the way off the ice because he didn't want him to worry about him being injured.

Larsson: "I know it’s not fun to hurt people. ..If I would have done that and a guy was laying like that, I would be worried.”

Old
02-23-2012, 12:54 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post

Larsson on Subban hit:

Larsson on Subban: "I know he is a great hitter, but I didn’t know he was that good.”

Larsson: "It wasn’t really the hit that hurt me. It was when I fell into the boards."

Larsson: "The hit was clean and everything. It was just the way I landed was a little unlucky."

Larsson said he gave Subban the fist bump on the way off the ice because he didn't want him to worry about him being injured.

Larsson: "I know it’s not fun to hurt people. ..If I would have done that and a guy was laying like that, I would be worried.”
Larsson seems like a real nice kid.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Muminek

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post

Larsson on Subban hit:

Larsson seems to know the difference between hockey and football, unlike some lgreasy-haired princesses who get bent out of shape after a clean hit and feel the need to protect their star players. It`s refreshing.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:04 PM
HomaridII

Oh boy

http://www.csnwashington.com/blog/ca...blockID=656610

Old
02-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Lafleurs Guy

OT: Jonathan Toews in Car Accident

Apparently okay but put into an ambulance. Just saw it on the main boards here:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...5#post44716505

Old
02-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Et le But

How could anything possibly go wrong for Dale Hunter?

Former team hero and leader whose number is retired? Check.
Preaches toughness? Check.
Proven success coaching and managing at the CHL level? Check.

Isn't that everything you want from a coach?

Closed Thread