HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A. Kostitsyn wants to stay here

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2012, 12:47 PM
larek

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habscup View Post
Trade value is at its lowest.

2 goals in his last 26 games.
that will be his trade value every year at thsi time because at this time of teh seaosn he usually slumps

Old
02-23-2012, 12:47 PM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
If you were really paying attention - instead of just taking cheap shots - you'd see right now most of the French media people want to keep him. It's most of the English media that want him gone.

I'd like to keep him.
Basically, it's Benny Brunet and his sheep that have bashed AK (his brother before that) for years. Damphousse isn't much better and Crete is worse. There's the little punk on 5 à 7 who won't stop with his "well, he shows up once every 10 games" that the sheep like to repeat here. Other than that, most are fairly level headed and acknowledge that AK has not been given a fair shake by RC and that he'll be hard to replace.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:48 PM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
How's that typical AK and not typical to any player? Do you want to relocate for your job and face uncertainty to where you will be going? AK has a family, and he likes montreal, it's one thing to dislike the player, but to hate the logic of wanting to stay is a little much.
His reasons for wanting to stay have nothing to do with hockey, team, ambition. He's not saying that the team is going in the right direction (or isn't) or that he likes his teammates (or doesn't) or that he wants to win a cup with montreal (or doesn't). He's basically saying that he wants to stay because he's comfortable and doesn't want to be a rookie again.

It's just typical AK if you ask me. Love it or hate it. I don't know which I feel.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Joe Cole

The day the Habs trade away AK or lose him for nothing will be a sad day for 2 reasons.

1- he is a 20 goal scorer. No matter how many times the lazy Russian cliche is shoved down your throat by the media.

2- it will be a near confirmation that Montreal has been unable to draft, cultivate and keep a top 6 forward. (Pachioretty is the only hope the Habs have to do so, lets see how long he is a Hab)

Old
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
His reasons for wanting to stay have nothing to do with hockey, team, ambition. He's not saying that the team is going in the right direction (or isn't) or that he likes his teammates (or doesn't) or that he wants to win a cup with montreal (or doesn't). He's basically saying that he wants to stay because he's comfortable and doesn't want to be a rookie again.

It's just typical AK if you ask me. Love it or hate it. I don't know which I feel.
Dude, if AK said "I love the way this team is going" after being a bottom dweller the guy would be killed.

Old
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
that will be his trade value every year at thsi time because at this time of teh seaosn he usually slumps
There is treatment for dislexia.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Mrb1p

AK'S HATE HAS GONE TROUGH THE ROOOOOOF.
Just because he care's of staying here with his familly and friend...
AK'S HATE GOES TROUGH THE ROOOOOOF.
Just because he's the only player on a play moving while Gorges is sleeping on one end and leaves Ribeiro all alone.
AK'S HATE GOES TROUGH THE ROOOOOOF.
Just because he doesnt score 30 goal's every year while being played on the 4th line with no PP time and with Point's black hole gomez.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:54 PM
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by habscup View Post
Trade value is at its lowest.

2 goals in his last 26 games.
he will always be a lazy bum that will drive coachs and fans nuts.
will only play when he wants to, never shows up in big games.

if he wants to stay, 2 mill and 4th line minutes ...thats it pereiod

Old
02-23-2012, 12:54 PM
gillyguzzler

Quote:

Did you actually listen to the quote? Poor guy gets bashed for saying he loves Montreal and it's like a second home to him! So many players have openly and privately refused to play in Montreal and the nitpickers ***** about him for saying he loves Montreal and wants to stay...

http://www.985sports.ca/hockey/nouve...yn-126791.html

Old
02-23-2012, 12:56 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
There is treatment for dislexia.
well im sure Andrei has probably seen the doctors about that- maybe thats why he whiffs so much on passes- he thinks he is the one passing!!

Old
02-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
well im sure Andrei has probably seen the doctors about that- maybe thats why he whiffs so much on passes- he thinks he is the one passing!!
Fail

Old
02-23-2012, 12:59 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Fail
LOL- just like Andrei

Old
02-23-2012, 01:00 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Fail
to be fair, i don't think it was appropriate to say he's dyslexic in the first place, so i'll give him a pass on the ****** comeback.

Old
Mrb1p

So the guy basically says this:
I dindt talk to my agent so i dont know about PG and My agent talking contract.
Are you mentally prepared for a trade.
We will see, I want to stay here. I played for many years, i know the city, I don't want to be like in my first year trying to learn everything. Montreal is my second home.
And yet. This goes like
Pg dindt talk to my agent. I want to stay here because i dont care.

Old
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Just because he doesnt score 30 goal's every year while being played on the 4th line with no PP time and with Point's black hole gomez.
Yup

30 goal scorer's don't just magically score 30 goals playing with Bottom 6 players with Bottom 6 minutes and no PP time.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:02 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
Yup

30 goal scorer's don't just magically score 30 goals playing with Bottom 6 players with Bottom 6 minutes and no PP time.
At this point, even so, I think AK is more of a 25-25 guy with some physical play. He'll get you between 40-50 points on a good(team wise, we suck this year) year, maybe he'll have a 30 goal season but at this point, he hasn't and I don't want to expect it from him anymore. 20-20 for 3rd line, as long as he's physical for 3.5 mil is fine by me.

Old
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
he will always be a lazy bum that will drive coachs and fans nuts.
will only play when he wants to, never shows up in big games.

if he wants to stay, 2 mill and 4th line minutes ...thats it pereiod
im not sure about that- but 2 -3 goals in the last 30 games?
come on!! there are reasons he will be peddled and its not just because everyone wants to be mean to him!!!

Old
gillyguzzler

Quote:
AK had epilepsy. The dislexia wasn't in reference to Andrei... try to figure it out if you can. It wasn't all that complicated to understand.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:03 PM
larek

Quote:
At this point, even so, I think AK is more of a 25-25 guy with some physical play. He'll get you between 40-50 points on a good year, maybe he'll have a 30 goal season but at this point, he hasn't and I don't want to expect it from him anymore. 20-20 for 3rd line, as long as he's physical for 3.5 mil is fine by me.
j is he really that physical? hes strong but i dont see alot of physical play from him

Old
02-23-2012, 01:05 PM
larek

Quote:
to be fair, i don't think it was appropriate to say he's dyslexic in the first place, so i'll give him a pass on the ****** comeback.
if i say that i get an infraction! im the dave schultz of the hockey boards-- LOL- loved the hammer!!

Old
02-23-2012, 01:06 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
j is he really that physical? hes strong but i dont see alot of physical play from him
2nd on team for hits by a forward this year.
First last year for forwards.
3rd the year before that.
4th the year before that.
5th the year before that.

You see the progression relative to his teammates. 5th as a rookie, and moving up to top 2.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:07 PM
m00ks

Quote:
His reason for wanting to stay here is typical AKost. Love it or hate it: "I want to stay because I know Montreal, another city I have to start like at the start of my career. I want to stay"

Wow.
Quiet guy like AK, it was expected. I bet we can sign him to 3.5 a year and he'd be happy with it.

I don't see the point in trading him for a pick unless we're doing a full out rebuild. If the Habs are looking for a quick retool, then AK would help a lot more than a late first.

Sign him now.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:08 PM
blueinmtl

Up to this year couldn't stand him, wanted him out. All the stereotypes applied, & really would not work his way out of slumps - like all 'streaky' players.

This year JM started to play him with Eller, giving them decent minutes together. The line gelled, they were playing well, AK not scoring much but playing physical, 2-way hockey (as far as he's capable - not the greatest in his own end), and better passing than I've ever seen him. Plus he wasn't giving up on plays, which in the past was a major problem for him.

Again, it is the dead horse beating, but RC has to leave him with Eller & give them Leblanc on the wing. This is a pretty good lines who will get favourable matchups, has responsibility, effort & size along with attacking sense. Yes they will make mistakes, miss coverage, give up goals; but we could have a really nice 3rd line here.

AK may not have been much of anything in the past, but this year, of all years with his poor numbers, I've seen something different in his compete and overall attitude. If the return is not good, and if he is willing to take a reasonable salary-length contract...hell, how many players actually want to stay here? Great for depth and a line that can be 3rd or 2nd with a bit of pp time.

& if he regresses into his old attitudes, trade him.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:10 PM
larek

Quote:
2nd on team for hits by a forward this year.
First last year for forwards.
3rd the year before that.
4th the year before that.
5th the year before that.

You see the progression relative to his teammates. 5th as a rookie, and moving up to top 2.
im watching every game- for example last 5 games - have you noticed Kostitsyn playing physical?Ive noticed White playing physical since he has been recalled -- as to what an actual hit stats consists of is anybodys guess

Old
02-23-2012, 01:10 PM
Stradale

Quote:
You might have a point but i'll add something you probably didn't know.

I remember last season, from Feb 6 to Feb 20 he was pointless in those 7 games.. and guess what, it was exactly the moment that JM put AK back with Gomez. They played together for 7 games, AK had 0 pt and was -8. On Feb 22 against Vancouver, AK was paired for the first time with Eller, then he had a 7 games point streak with 3G-6A in the next 7 games.

Guess what happens again this season.. RC plays AK with Gomez AGAIN and the result is exactly the same. Pointless for 7-8 games.

If they want to trade him, don't play with ****ing Scott Gomez, I've been saying this a hundred time but these two are a disaster together.

Closed Thread