HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

**OFFICIAL** GDT 1/23 - Kings vs. Ducks

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2006, 12:42 AM
kingbrath

vCash: 500
Garon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lou Diamond Phillips

Old
01-24-2006, 12:50 AM
nikolai19

Great game!

Weaver is still a boy amongst men. Can't wait until Miller gets back so he can sit.

We still need another defenseman and our powerplay needs work. Getting Demitra, Roenick, and Belanger back cannot happen soon enough.

Old
01-24-2006, 01:06 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Ironic that an oozy Frolov somehow scored more goals tonight than he did in the pass month...

In the SO, i was calling for Corvo...he defintely the best puckhandler on the team only behind Demitra, Frolov and maybe Cammy

Also nice to see our $10 million cheerleading squad in the stands tonight

Old
01-24-2006, 01:09 AM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bland
That was a merciful end to the worst (competitive) Kings' game I've ever seen.
<didn't see the Buffalo game>

Old
01-24-2006, 01:25 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
What the hell game were some of you watching? Sure Corvo scored the game winner for us, he's got some smooth puckhandling skills, but the guy was downright atrocious in his own zone. Joe, you're a defenseman, play like it. I lost track of how many times he was out of position, made a sloppy pass, or just downright gave up.

Old
01-24-2006, 01:28 AM
ILuvLA

Just got home. We were lucky to get one point, much less 2 tonight. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we got the 2 points, but I agree with Tubby, the better team did not win tonight as LA was outplayed by Ana for most of the game.

My section has given Corvo a new nickname - Wrongway Joe. Yes, he got the game winning goal, but up until then.... sheesh. And there are no words for Dempsey.

The flu seems to have rejuvinated young Alexander and Garon, well, he keep our butts in the game.

I hope that we have some gas left in the tank for tomorrow night. We REALLY need to beat SJ.

Old
01-24-2006, 01:29 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
What the hell game were some of you watching? Sure Corvo scored the game winner for us, he's got some smooth puckhandling skills, but the guy was downright atrocious in his own zone. Joe, you're a defenseman, play like it. I lost track of how many times he was out of position, made a sloppy pass, or just downright gave up.
I think that the idea of making Corvo a fourth line forward is looking better and better. If he wants to score points and show off his offensive skills then stop posing as a "defenseman".

Old
01-24-2006, 01:30 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

i'd also like to add, this is exactly the way i hoped the game would end....I want to ducks to get just enough points to have a decent record, and yet still not have that much success...this way they wont be continually having those high draft pciks

Old
01-24-2006, 01:34 AM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Yeah, but he has a really cool mohawk! [/sarcasm]

Old
01-24-2006, 01:39 AM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Oh yeah.. Corvo kills the Ducks AGAIN.

Old
01-24-2006, 09:27 AM
guzmania

Joe Corvo continues to make some guys look pigheaded. It ain't bad to be wrong, Lord knows I am, some, if not much of the time. What is wrong is refusing to admit you're wrong.Chalk me up as a Joe Corvo fan.

Old
01-24-2006, 09:36 AM
dbbourn

any video of the shootout?

I didn't realize it before I left, but my cable company only allotted 2 1/2 hours for this game on OLN, rather than the usual 3 hours for the center ice package games. I Tivo'd the game, but the game went longer than the allotted time because of overtime. The recorder stopped about 3 seconds into the Kings overtime powerplay, but I knew I wasn't missing much... just another 2 minutes wasted.

Is the shootout available for download anywhere?

Old
01-24-2006, 09:47 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbourn
I didn't realize it before I left, but my cable company only allotted 2 1/2 hours for this game on OLN, rather than the usual 3 hours for the center ice package games. I Tivo'd the game, but the game went longer than the allotted time because of overtime. The recorder stopped about 3 seconds into the Kings overtime powerplay, but I knew I wasn't missing much... just another 2 minutes wasted.

Is the shootout available for download anywhere?
Here are parts of it

http://www.olntv.com/NHLVideoGallery#

Here are all of the goals-only part of SO is Corvo's game winner
http://mfile.akamai.com/16532/wmv/nh...continuous.asx

Last edited by Old Hickory: 01-24-2006 at 09:55 AM.

Old
01-24-2006, 10:32 AM
dbbourn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Here are parts of it

http://www.olntv.com/NHLVideoGallery#

Here are all of the goals-only part of SO is Corvo's game winner
http://mfile.akamai.com/16532/wmv/nh...continuous.asx
Thanks. At least the game winning shootout goal is in there.

Corvo for Norris!

Old
01-24-2006, 10:37 AM
guzmania

Thanks John.

Luc's goal is there for the GT too.

While you're there Dishnet subscribers, let OLN know you want their spat with Dishnet to be OVER! Write the NHL and the Kings and Echostar while you're at it. I hate missing games. At least Sharipova was playing last night in the Aussie Aussie Aussie, hoy hoy hoy!

Old
01-24-2006, 10:56 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Thanks. At least the game winning shootout goal is in there.

Corvo for Norris!
While I acknowledge that Corvo's goal was a big part of the Kings victory last night. What does that have to do with playing defense? If Garon scored a goal in a shootout would people say "Garon for Vezina!"

Just saying that Corvo needs to be converted into a 4th line forward if he will not commit himself to his first resposibility. Which is "Defense".

Old
01-24-2006, 11:05 AM
bland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro
<didn't see the Buffalo game>

Hence the "(competitive)" tag

Old
01-24-2006, 11:12 AM
guzmania

While it is flawed, +/- is one of the only statistical indicaters of quality of defense.

Of course if it doesn't fit the pre-supposed conclusion, your just gonna have to throw it out. Baby and bathwater.

Let's pre-suppose another conclusion and move on.

Old
01-24-2006, 11:24 AM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Some people just will never give Corvo his props. I didn't see any crucial turnovers last night by him and he was one of our best players on the PP. Gigure probably had nightmares of Corvo's stick handling the whole night.

IMO, the PP was not that bad. The execution was not terrible. We got some traffic and we also got some good point shots from Lubo and Corvo that just didn't find the back of the net.

I was not at the game but on TV it didn't look like we got outplayed that bad. I'm just glad we got 2 points!

Old
01-24-2006, 11:28 AM
dbbourn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
While I acknowledge that Corvo's goal was a big part of the Kings victory last night. What does that have to do with playing defense? If Garon scored a goal in a shootout would people say "Garon for Vezina!"

Just saying that Corvo needs to be converted into a 4th line forward if he will not commit himself to his first resposibility. Which is "Defense".
Corvo is excellent when there is nobody on the ice for him to cover (or catch up to), nobody to turn the puck over to, and when he has no defensive responsibility. This makes him perfect for the shootout. Sure, his defensive blunders have been plentiful recently, but I'll forgive him for a day.

Luc for Selke! <---- I should have added that to the Corvo comment too... for that, I am sorry.

Old
01-24-2006, 11:31 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Corvo is excellent when there is nobody on the ice for him to cover (or catch up to), nobody to turn the puck over to, and when he has no defensive responsibility.
This is a comment I can say I am in total agreement with.

Closed Thread