HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

A. Kostitsyn wants to stay here

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Halifaxhab

vCash: 500
I can't believe I'm going to say this but.....

I agree with Michel Bergeron's comments about AK on L'Antichambre the other night.

He made a very good comparison between Halpern and Kostitsyn from the point of vue of the fans.

He basically said he couldn't understand how a checking line player gets all kinds of love/kudos thrown his way, just because he seems to be putting in a larger effort than AK, even when his job is to win a FO or stop the other team from scoring and just couldn't do that.

And with AK people hate on him because "he's lazy" yet he is consistently scoring 20+ goals a season and consistently leading or nearly leading the team in hits all while playing a descent defensive game.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:12 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Quiet guy like AK, it was expected. I bet we can sign him to 3.5 a year and he'd be happy with it.

I don't see the point in trading him for a pick unless we're doing a full out rebuild. If the Habs are looking for a quick retool, then AK would help a lot more than a late first.

Sign him now.
dont think thats going to happen- too slumpy not enough conssitant effort
several coacheds have put him in the doghouse - its time to move him

Old
02-23-2012, 01:14 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Quiet guy like AK, it was expected. I bet we can sign him to 3.5 a year and he'd be happy with it.

I don't see the point in trading him for a pick unless we're doing a full out rebuild. If the Habs are looking for a quick retool, then AK would help a lot more than a late first.

Sign him now.
If habs do trade him for a 1st. I would hope they either have a player in the draft they really like at that position or they package that pick for an upgrade.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:15 PM
blueinmtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
You might have a point but i'll add something you probably didn't know.

I remember last season, from Feb 6 to Feb 20 he was pointless in those 7 games.. and guess what, it was exactly the moment that JM put AK back with Gomez. They played together for 7 games, AK had 0 pt and was -8. On Feb 22 against Vancouver, AK was paired for the first time with Eller, then he had a 7 games point streak with 3G-6A in the next 7 games.

Guess what happens again this season.. RC plays AK with Gomez AGAIN and the result is exactly the same. Pointless for 7-8 games.

If they want to trade him, don't play with ****ing Scott Gomez, I've been saying this a hundred time but these two are a disaster together.
Winner winner chicken dinner. Over and over, we see the staff try the same thing expecting different results...why not put him where he is productive? Also brings the best out of Eller as well. They clearly enjoy playing together.

He has been more involved physically along the boards especially this year. He doesn't fly into guys like White, just parks himself and bumps and grinds, difficult to move off the puck this season, not aimlessly chasing the puck around.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:16 PM
larek

Quote:

I remember last season, from Feb 6 to Feb 20 he was pointless in those 7 games.. and guess what, it was exactly the moment that JM put AK back with Gomez. They played together for 7 games, AK had 0 pt and was -8. On Feb 22 against Vancouver, AK was paired for the first time with Eller, then he had a 7 games point streak with 3G-6A in the next 7 games.

Guess what happens again this season.. RC plays AK with Gomez AGAIN and the result is exactly the same. Pointless for 7-8 games.

If they want to trade him, don't play with ****ing Scott Gomez, I've been saying this a hundred time but these two are a disaster together.
of course it not a good idea- but that isnt the main reason why kostitsyn will be traded- some on the board want to cry about how everyone is so mean to t its!! its silly- this Andrie looking shabby and in the doghouse has been going on long before Gomez showed up- tahst why HE WILL BE TRADED!!

Old
02-23-2012, 01:17 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueinmtl View Post
Winner winner chicken dinner. Over and over, we see the staff try the same thing expecting different results...why not put him where he is productive? Also brings the best out of Eller as well. They clearly enjoy playing together.

He has been more involved physically along the boards especially this year. He doesn't fly into guys like White, just parks himself and bumps and grinds, difficult to move off the puck this season, not aimlessly chasing the puck around.
i dont usually see him win battles on the boards and come out with the puck- do you?
actually watch his play closely when you can

Old
02-23-2012, 01:17 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

If we can't get a first round pick for him I want him back, if we can sign him around $3.5 million a year I'd like him back, we need secondary scoring so put him and Eller on our third line next year and LEAVE THEM TOGETHER.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:20 PM
The Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
If we can't get a first round pick for him I want him back, if we can sign him around $3.5 million a year I'd like him back, we need secondary scoring so put him and Eller on our third line next year and LEAVE THEM TOGETHER.
2 years 7.0 million, or 3 years 10.5 million. It ain't that hard, hopefully Gauthier gets it done.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:24 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC93 View Post
2 years 7.0 million, or 3 years 10.5 million. It ain't that hard, hopefully Gauthier gets it done.
i kind of doubt thats
goign to happen- but you never know

Old
02-23-2012, 01:26 PM
LyricalLyricist

How about, 2 year 3.5 a year deal. The logic behind it is simple. If the habs fail to succeed with this core then in 2 years time, the following will be UFA:

Gionta
Kostitsyn
Gomez
Kaberle
Markov

The following will have a year left on their deal:

Cole

The following will have 2 years left:

Plekanec
Bourque

If necessarily, the vets can be sold and gain massive returns and while our core/franchise players being 25-27 ish.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:32 PM
RC51

this is a smart move by AK's agent.
Nobody is banging down the doors for AK.
If Habs send him away, and then Ak does not produce in the next 20 games for his NEW team, whatever contract offer he gets next year will be down to 1.5-2 mil per.
If he signs for habs right now for 2-3 years at 3mil per ( only the habs would do it) He can save face a while longer an can assure himself 6 million. vs what he might get as a UFA ( 4 million )
The only way Ak gets a GOOD contract is if he can finish this season with a HUGE BANG of 20 goals in 20 games. Anything else and he drops big time. SO sure " I want to stay" make me a 3 mil offer and I will be Mr. nice guy and let you have me dirt cheap at a home town discount.
This is very good finesse play , hidden tactic filled with self serving motives.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:34 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
How about, 2 year 3.5 a year deal. The logic behind it is simple. If the habs fail to succeed with this core then in 2 years time, the following will be UFA:

Gionta
Kostitsyn
Gomez
Kaberle
Markov

Cole

Plekanec
Bourque

If necessarily, the vets can be sold and gain massive returns and while our core/franchise players being 25-27 ish.
some you mentioned will be long gone from HABs before they turn up ufa-
id be very surprised if HAbs signed K to a multi year extension
it could happen but it would be surprising! no?

Old
02-23-2012, 01:34 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
If Habs send him away, and then Ak does not produce in the next 20 games for his NEW team, whatever contract offer he gets next year will be down to 1.5-2 mil per.
If he signs for habs right now for 2-3 years at 3mil per ( only the habs would do it) He can save face a while longer an can assure himself 6 million. vs what he might get as a UFA ( 4 million )
The only way Ak gets a GOOD contract is if he can finish this season with a HUGE BANG of 20 goals in 20 games. Anything else and he drops big time. SO sure " I want to stay" make me a 3 mil offer and I will be Mr. nice guy and let you have me dirt cheap at a home town discount.
This is very good finesse play , hidden tactic filled with self serving motives.
AK won't get 1.5-2 mil a year. That's way too low.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:35 PM
larek

Quote:
yes- tahst a good point- i dont thgik Andrei is in hgigh demand right now and your right if he is raded and sucks- then his value will go down- wouldnt shock me to see Andrei in the KHL next season

Old
02-23-2012, 01:37 PM
The Doors

if AK do not resign, there's potential for him and Gomez to star in a great "buddy cop" movie, like a Starsky and hutch

Old
02-23-2012, 01:45 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC93 View Post
if AK do not resign, there's potential for him and Gomez to star in a great "buddy cop" movie, like a Starsky and hutch
Gomer and ****!!

Old
02-23-2012, 01:46 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
Gomer and ****!!
Gomer and Ti ts

Old
02-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

I don't like AK but I have 50% of the post in his thread

Old
02-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Haaabs

Quote:

A hundred times this. When the DD line was struggling, the line of Moen-Eller-AK was our best. AK and Eller have been "struggling" since Gomez came back from injury and the coaching staff decided to give G-love all the ice time and to break up the AK-Eller duo.

Did everyone already forget the great passes and plays AK made that resulted in goals? His reward for his great play was to get thrown on the 4th line and then benched.

Any winger who relies on his center to carry the puck into the zone is going to play poorly with Gomez. He takes the puck into the offensive zone, overskates the angle and loses it behind the net or sometimes just dumps it where no habs player has a chance at it.

Its ok, Darche plays 20 mins a game. That is just the coaching staff trying not to lose instead of trying to win.

Old
02-23-2012, 02:42 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Brings some extra clothes on this trip Andrei!!!!

Old
02-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Coldplay
Courage

I would put him on the market, and if nothing is satisfactory, resign him to a 1-year contract at a tad less than his current salary.

Old
02-23-2012, 02:45 PM
habitue*

Quote:
...yeah. NOBODY.

The guy has proven he's useless 75% of the time.

He had not progressed really over the last 7 years. Always been the same. Always done the same plays. Always a non-factor.

Old
02-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Zorba

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post

Gionta
Kostitsyn
Gomez
Kaberle
Markov

Cole

Plekanec
Bourque

I don't get some people. Gomez ufa in 2 years? Gomez is GONE after this year. He is FINISHED in Montreal.
Anyone who thinks Gomez is coming back should give their heads a shake. Gomez a ufa in 2 years is laughable. He's done so please, people stop putting him in mock line ups for next year

Old
02-23-2012, 02:49 PM
Coldplay
Courage

To those who are saying nobody is looking into AK: proof or GTFO.

You have no proof.

Old
02-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Zorba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
To those who are saying nobody is looking into AK: proof or GTFO.

You have no proof.
I'll guarantee teams have called about him but I'll also guarantee they are low ball offers

Closed Thread