HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

lakehead thunderwolves OUA

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2012, 11:21 PM
  #26
lakeheadu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
True. I guess I always just think of them as a defensive team that sits back and tries to capitalize on mistakes. They were still playing a trap with 6 minutes left, down 3-1. You would think that they would be trying to push things a bit by that point

lakeheadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 09:53 PM
  #27
lakeheadu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
Lakehead 3 Waterloo 2 in OT

This wasn't a very exciting game to watch. Waterloo was quite content with sitting back and playing a trap all night long. They collapsed in front of the goalie and made it difficult for us to get shots through. We outshot them 42-24

Waterloo got the first goal of the game. Dupuis gave up a big rebound and the man in front was left wide open and he put it away for the 1-0 lead late in the 1st. In the 2nd, Quesnele took a stupid penalty and Waterloo made it 2-0. We answered back quickly with a PPG of our own (Grondin). Carrick got his 2nd in as many nights as he put a little snapshot through the goalies legs to even it at 2-2.

There was no scoring in the 3rd period. We had the puck for most of the period, but couldn't get many quality shots. Waterloo did have a couple of good chances in the 3rd. Dupuis wasn't overly busy in goal, but he made a number of big saves to keep it tied.

On to OT. Fillman used his speed and took the puck from our own end and skated through/around everyone and got the game winner. Big win for us. Barring a collapse, we should finish no worse than 2nd in the OUA West. We are now 15-1-0 in our last 16 OUA games

lakeheadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 10:21 PM
  #28
thook
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 228
vCash: 500
Waterloo looked like the checz team that beat canada in the nagano olympics! lol all they did was trap. At one point they had a 1 - 4 running.... seriously waterloo?
they also deployed the 5 man in the slot around the net defensive system. They basically waited for LU to miss play the puck so they could get a chance to gain control. I expected waterloo to be a much better team than they are. They have one excellent line then nothing else. They have two top notch goalies which clearly keep them in the game. LU had 40+ shots on net. But they probably had another 30 blocked. NExt weekend UOIT then the big weekend against western! cant wait!

thook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 06:57 AM
  #29
thook
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 228
vCash: 500
Westerns loss to Brock last night is some welcome news heading towards the push for first place. Twolves need to pick up two big wins this weekend.

thook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:39 AM
  #30
thook
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 228
vCash: 500
A write up about the Lu vs western series this weekend.
http://m.tbnewswatch.com/View.aspx?cid=184187

thook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:51 AM
  #31
thook
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 228
vCash: 500
What a brutal weekend. 3700+ fans on friday night were treated to a disgusting display of two refs who thought they were more important than the battle for first place. The game was a absolute bore fest for the first two periods. It was a constant parade to the box for both teams and it plan sucked to watch. The third period was good but by then it was already a wash. Obviously a smaller crowd on Saturday night after that disaster on Friday. Saturdays game was a much better one. But the refs still felt the need to leave there mark on it. LU tied it up with the goalie pulled. Then mr out of town ref waved it off. Don't get me wrong I am all for fair officiating but most importantly consistent officiating. The goal that was dis-aloud was clearly a good goal. For a ref to wave it off that fast was insane. When the puck was deflected it went up into the net. Everyone around me saw it. We were just behind the ref who waved it off. So if a puck is tipped and it goes up... how was it hit into the net with a high stick? what a joke. Both teams and all the fans deserved better than this. The OUA needs to address this because it is getting to the point that their product is not fun to watch. When you have 3700 in the stands.... and your two best teams on the ice... this should never happen.

thook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:02 PM
  #32
thook
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 228
vCash: 500
Matt Caria is facing a potential suspension for an alleged racial slur that got him tossed from Saturday nights game vs western. This is not good news for the twolves but Caria has not been playing well lately. He has also taken his share of dumb penalties. The wolves do have some depth and have been successful with him out of the line up this year.

thook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 11:02 AM
  #33
thook
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 228
vCash: 500
LU has a big problem on their hands. They can't score goals after christmas! this is what killed LU last year and resulted in their worst playoffs in history. I think the scherban experiment needs to come to an end. He really should never have been handed the head coaching job. Assistant sure. But he really has no experience. If your team is in a battle for first place. Playing 2 games at home.... and does not score a single goal, there is a problem. Discipline is a huge problem. These guys take un-sportsmen like conduct penalties once a period! that's unheard of outside of teenage hockey. They clearly have no respect for the coach and teammates when they take these selfish penalties. They have great players on this team. And scherban or whoever within the organization has done well recruiting. But failing to put this together will be their undoing. Tonight is a huge game. They need to get 2 points and western get none. Now in saying all this, last weekend I think Lakehead could have easily won both games. Friday nights game was a joke with the two ref system. Saturday night was a great game and lakehead looked like the better team. One PP goal on an odd play was the difference for western. Had the games turned out as it appeared and they won would I be on scherban? maybe, maybe not.... I have always questions the things he does during games. Sometimes I am wrong and being a coach from the sidelines is always pretty easy. There is no accountability for me! In saying that I think the PP needs to be much better. Shoot the puck. Very easy message. And discipline is a huge problem. Caria is a superstar who is underachieving this year. He is a great player and great play maker. I think he could put many more pucks in the net and needs to shoot the puck! the guys has a great shot! Gamache had a hot start to the year, but when LU plays the top teams his offense evaporates. He is a very good checker and this should be his role. He had many opportunities to take shots on net last weekend and missed high over and over. since I am on a role I will show how I feel the lines should be keeping in mind I am bored and tierd of watching ****** hockey!

Frazee Caria McDonald
Grondin Hammond Sergerie
Gamache Wilkins Carrick
Grecica Menard Welsh

I would even eliminate the 4th line center and double up with wilkins and caria. Moving menard to the wing and keeping welsh on the bench.

On D...

fillman Quesnele
de la Lande Sagert
Malouin Maunu
Maw McIntosh

Maw is a good tough shut down guy. I like this kid and I think we will be good in the next couple years. The defence is interchangeable. Obviously Fillman and Quesnele will play close to half the game then the next two pairs take the rest of the TOI

I would like to hear thoughts/ideas from anyone else familiar with the LU team and the OUA west in general. I dont think I am way off base here. This team looks like its going to grossly underachieve again this year.

thook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 03:33 PM
  #34
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan
 
Hollywood3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,975
vCash: 500
My impression

It seemed to me that Lakehead was rebuilding this year. IMO their record is a bit misleading in that the OUA West is in a down year. They could win two series against mediocre teams. If they do, then they would be in the final four of the OUA, and three teams go to nationals this year.

Also, they have not had a stellar recruiting class in a while. At one time they had a CW- or AUS-calibre recruiting program. I have seen Manitoba have great success with some Junior "A" players. But the Major Junior grads are ultimately what you need. If they could do that then they could be a consistent threat on a national level and dominant within the OUA.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 10:11 PM
  #35
blackmarketmob
Registered User
 
blackmarketmob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Waterloo/Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 837
vCash: 500
Your team looks pretty good from where I'm sitting. Considering the rivalry Laurier and Lakehead had with Western for tops in the OUA West in the years since I started following, it has been quite a change for the team I follow closest. Today Laurier played a game with 8 of their 18 dressed players being players who entered the organization as a walkon.

Lakehead has been underperforming relative to their roster. Their dry spells scoring wise this year (and also last year, going without a goal in last year's playoffs) are somewhat bewildering. I also noticed your lineup did not list Beljo. I have read mixed opinions on his play, but he has scored a greater than a point per game this year, and has a solid junior resume with a 36 goal OHL season.

blackmarketmob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 08:40 AM
  #36
thook
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 228
vCash: 500
Beljo is a curious case. I believe he has had concussion issues this year. I am not sure if that's why he is out or not. He is decent offensively but he does get pushed around and is not all that strong on the back check and defensively in general.

thook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 12:08 PM
  #37
Bob Stauffer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 421
vCash: 500
Back in 2006 I would have thought that the Lakehead Thunderwolves were on the verge of being an elite level CIS program.
Pete Belliveau had been very competitive on the recruiting front and the T-Wolves program being the only game in town had some "advantages" over other school's accross the country.
It hasn't happened, even in spite of hosting the Nationals in 2009 and 2010 which should be a sure-fire recipe for success!
I remain surprised and perplexed as to why Lakehead hasn't taken the next step.

Bob Stauffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 12:32 PM
  #38
thook
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Stauffer View Post
Back in 2006 I would have thought that the Lakehead Thunderwolves were on the verge of being an elite level CIS program.
Pete Belliveau had been very competitive on the recruiting front and the T-Wolves program being the only game in town had some "advantages" over other school's accross the country.
It hasn't happened, even in spite of hosting the Nationals in 2009 and 2010 which should be a sure-fire recipe for success!
I remain surprised and perplexed as to why Lakehead hasn't taken the next step.
I think they are still doing a good job recruiting. Dias left after one season and he was a pure goal scorer. Hogg left for pros a year early. I see his stats this year... I think that was a mistake for him. Scherban was a great player but is not a good coach. His teams don't adapt well to styles played by the opposition (westen has 3 shutouts in a row against us) He really has no experience. Its easy to make him the scape goat but the results speak for themselves... LU is very undisciplined this year as well. Goal tending and defense have been pretty good. They just can't put the puck in the net. Looking at the power play Westen has compared to lakehead... Singer is out coaching scherban hands down. Its too bad because I do think the skill is there. There is lots of rookies on this years team so if it falls apart here... we do have something to look forward too.

thook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:31 AM
  #39
thook
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 228
vCash: 500
Round 2 starts tonight! Lakehead vs Windsor. We didn't get to see Windsor in thunder bay this year but they seem to have played us tough down south. I was lookin to see if there was a ssn broadcast and there was nothing there. Anyone know of this game will be on anywhere?

thook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:18 AM
  #40
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan
 
Hollywood3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thook View Post
I think they are still doing a good job recruiting. Dias left after one season and he was a pure goal scorer. Hogg left for pros a year early. I see his stats this year... I think that was a mistake for him. Scherban was a great player but is not a good coach. His teams don't adapt well to styles played by the opposition (westen has 3 shutouts in a row against us) He really has no experience. Its easy to make him the scape goat but the results speak for themselves... LU is very undisciplined this year as well. Goal tending and defense have been pretty good. They just can't put the puck in the net. Looking at the power play Westen has compared to lakehead... Singer is out coaching scherban hands down. Its too bad because I do think the skill is there. There is lots of rookies on this years team so if it falls apart here... we do have something to look forward too.
From afar it seems that Lakehead has been getting predominantly junior "A" as opposed to major junior grads since hosting nationals. (That seems odd.)

I know full well that junior "A" can provide a lot of under-rated players who can make a difference. But if they had recruited even two more major grads per year over the last three years they would have a very strong team right now.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:26 PM
  #41
mikeandI
Registered User
 
mikeandI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood3 View Post
From afar it seems that Lakehead has been getting predominantly junior "A" as opposed to major junior grads since hosting nationals. (That seems odd.)

I know full well that junior "A" can provide a lot of under-rated players who can make a difference. But if they had recruited even two more major grads per year over the last three years they would have a very strong team right now.
you know i keep hearing all you experts talk about junior A versus major junior guys and how important it is that to be at the elite level we need Major Junior Guys.....
stauffer talks about it all the time as does the red army dude
do you know how much these guys are expecting to be paid
it is unsustainable!!
wudrick how is he doing? bad investment! could have got three guys who battle for that price
daily reddick ferguson at u of a? stupid cash!
cap what cap
dittmer and macauley how are they doing!!!
check their price tag compared to the above four
benias walker heck even hellyer, the crowley's, schappart? we probabley got em all for the price of the one of those guys above!
our junior A guys are good as well

these guys came here for the minimum... those above guys went for unbelievable amounts, our guys wanted to come home!! good on them
listen, talk to the coaches rather than sitting here on the blogs
the major junior guys want an arm and a leg to go to the CIS programs....for the most part they become 3 4 th line guys mostly 5th and 6 th d men cuz they wont compete unless the wind is going in the right direction... the junior A guys come in and compete, they dont complain are not high maintainence. they work hard and go to school for a reason
UBC decided not to go after WHL guys( at least I think that is what they did...?) and geez they get big milage out of their guys....okay robert i know they are in 5th place but how many under achieving WHL guys does a team have to have to be in the good recruiters hand book. geez lakehead has been a bust because they have over paid for far toooo many underachieving non student major junior guys for waaaay to long!! had to be said! and you guys are busting the coach because he was/is tired of these flops? they cant handle the expectations that come with the high $ price tag so they bail and blame the program the ****** league or coach. times up on these primadonnas


Last edited by Majik1987: 02-22-2012 at 09:38 PM. Reason: filter circumvention
mikeandI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:40 PM
  #42
thook
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandI View Post
you know i keep hearing all you experts talk about junior A versus major junior guys and how important it is that to be at the elite level we need Major Junior Guys.....
stauffer talks about it all the time as does the red army dude
do you know how much these guys are expecting to be paid
it is unsustainable!!
wudrick how is he doing? bad investment! could have got three guys who battle for that price
daily reddick ferguson at u of a? stupid cash!
cap what cap
dittmer and macauley how are they doing!!!
check their price tag compared to the above four
benias walker heck even hellyer, the crowley's, schappart? we probabley got em all for the price of the one of those guys above!
our junior A guys are good as well

these guys came here for the minimum... those above guys went for unbelievable amounts, our guys wanted to come home!! good on them
listen, talk to the coaches rather than sitting here on the blogs
the major junior guys want an arm and a leg to go to the CIS programs....for the most part they become 3 4 th line guys mostly 5th and 6 th d men cuz they wont compete unless the wind is going in the right direction... the junior A guys come in and compete, they dont complain are not high maintainence. they work hard and go to school for a reason
UBC decided not to go after WHL guys( at least I think that is what they did...?) and geez they get big milage out of their guys....okay robert i know they are in 5th place but how many under achieving WHL guys does a team have to have to be in the good recruiters hand book. geez lakehead has been a bust because they have over paid for far toooo many underachieving non student major junior guys for waaaay to long!! had to be said! and you guys are busting the coach because he was/is tired of these flops? they cant handle the expectations that come with the high $ price tag so they bail and blame the program the ****** league or coach. times up on these primadonnas
Wow you said a tone here.. but you need some numbers and facts to back all this up. I admit I have no idea how paying students to play hockey works. If you have insight on this let me know! I'm curious.


Last edited by Majik1987: 02-22-2012 at 09:38 PM. Reason: qe
thook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:48 PM
  #43
UNB Bruins Fan
Registered User
 
UNB Bruins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,590
vCash: 500
I am also curious if you have any evidence to back up your claims that this is taking place. Are you privy to what, if any, financial benefits are handed out to all of these players, or are you just making assumptions? Also, most of those UMan players are CHL grads as well...if these other CHL players are getting paid "unbelievable amounts" to play for the UNB's/UofA's of the world like you suggest, do you have knowledge that the Bison players took less to play closer to home? Why wouldn't they be looking to get the most they can as well?


Last edited by UNB Bruins Fan: 02-22-2012 at 08:55 PM.
UNB Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:29 PM
  #44
AUS Fan
Registered User
 
AUS Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: At the Rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,240
vCash: 500
You have to be naive to think that there are not some "inducements" to some players by some some teams. I'm not going to accuse any team, because I don't have concrete evidence, and would not even if I did. But, I do agree that these things happen and will continue to happen.

AUS Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:36 AM
  #45
mikeandI
Registered User
 
mikeandI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNB Bruins Fan View Post
I am also curious if you have any evidence to back up your claims that this is taking place. Are you privy to what, if any, financial benefits are handed out to all of these players, or are you just making assumptions? Also, most of those UMan players are CHL grads as well...if these other CHL players are getting paid "unbelievable amounts" to play for the UNB's/UofA's of the world like you suggest, do you have knowledge that the Bison players took less to play closer to home? Why wouldn't they be looking to get the most they can as well?
hey bruins fan you can try to down play this if you what. I could care less if they are or aren't making unbelievable amounts ( but you know they are...) and only you and few others probably know what they are really getting.what i am saying is the LU guys haven't performed for the amounts of $ they received,these past few years now it is Sherbans fault, no coaching leadership!? this is a constant around the CIS as they all chase the Holy Grail. Maybe i guess it is his fault he paid em! Somebody did

mikeandI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 10:55 AM
  #46
UNB Bruins Fan
Registered User
 
UNB Bruins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,590
vCash: 500
I am not dumb enough to think teams aren't luring top players with things other than the opportunity to play for a top team/lots of playing time/play close to home/etc. But I am just curious how you know how much the Lakehead players supposedly receive? Do you have inside information? And how do you know the CHL grads who play for Manitoba went there for the "minimum", whatever that is, like you say? I highly doubt they are receiving less than a comparable player at any of the other top teams.

For the record, contrary to what you say or may think I don't have any idea how much these guys get. I don't have any connections or inside knowledge...I am just a fan like most of us here.

UNB Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 11:51 AM
  #47
thook
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 228
vCash: 500
Any news on Mike Quesnele and his kicking incident on wed night? he received the first 9 min penalty I have ever heard of! As he was assessed a match penalty I am sure he will be suspended. I am guessing 2-3 games. Anyone have an official idea?>

thook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 02:56 PM
  #48
FreddtFoyle
Registered User
 
FreddtFoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS Fan View Post
You have to be naive to think that there are not some "inducements" to some players by some some teams. I'm not going to accuse any team, because I don't have concrete evidence, and would not even if I did. But, I do agree that these things happen and will continue to happen.
Sure. Some guys are "induced" to play for national championships on a contender, especially when they are host. Some guys are "induced" to play for a team in a conference that will be sending reps to the World University Games next year, and are perhaps are promised that they have a good shot to make that team. Some guys are "induced" to play for teams in a conference where players get regularly seen by scouts and have good opportunities to crack the AHL or the lower minors when they're done. Some guys are "induced" to play for winning programs. Some guys are "induced" to play in front of crowds of 500, 1000, 2000, 3000 or more. Some guys are "induced" to play for schools where CIS hockey is the most important game in town.

None of the above involves money going from a team to a student-athlete. That's not to say it doesn't cost money to build a contender when you pay for full time assistant coaches, video software, nice dressing rooms, out of conference road-trips and trips to the States, etc.

All the teams have the same AFA limits: 14 x tuition+fees. If your school has lower tuition costs than your neigbours, your total pot is actually smaller than them. However, folks need to keep in mind that few hockey programs actually max out their AFA limit, or "cap". So if a hockey program is not maxing out their "cap" because they don't have the needed financial resources from donors and they're competing for recruits against a better funded hockey program that is able to get closer to the cap? Well, that's just competition (or tough luck). Not every team in the NHL is at their cap and few teams in the CIS are at their "cap".

If your favourite team isn't maxing the cap, that's life. Live with it. But people out there (like certain Island coaches) shouldn't talk about other teams "buying teams" while they're trying "to build one". That's just sour grapes. Any coach/recruiter would max out his cap if he had the budget. Go find the money from your alumni and stop trying to insinuate that other teams are bending the rules ... without proof (and I'm not talking about you AUS Fan).


Last edited by FreddtFoyle: 02-23-2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: crowds
FreddtFoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 03:02 PM
  #49
thook
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddtFoyle View Post
Sure. Some guys are "induced" to play for national championships on a contender, especially when they are host. Some guys are "induced" to play for a team in a conference that will be sending reps to the World University Games next year, and are perhaps are promised that they have a good shot to make that team. Some guys are "induced" to play for teams in a conference where players get regularly seen by scouts and have good opportunities to crack the AHL or the lower minors when they're done. Some guys are "induced" to play for winning programs.

None of the above involves money going from a team to a student-athlete. That's not to say it doesn't cost money to build a contender when you pay for full time assistant coaches, video software, nice dressing rooms, out of conference road-trips and trips to the States, etc.

All the teams have the same AFA limits: 14 x tuition+fees. If your school has lower tuition costs than your neigbours, your total pot is actually smaller than them. However, folks need to keep in mind that few hockey programs actually max out their AFA limit, or "cap". So if a hockey program is not maxing out their "cap" because they don't have the needed financial resources from donors and they're competing for recruits against a better funded hockey program that is able to get closer to the cap? Well, that's just competition (or tough luck). Not every team in the NHL is at their cap and few teams in the CIS are at their "cap".

If your favourite team isn't maxing the cap, that's life. Live with it. But people out there (like certain Island coaches) shouldn't talk about other teams "buying teams" while they're trying "to build one". That's just sour grapes. Any coach/recruiter would max out his cap if he had the budget. Go find the money from your alumni and stop trying to insinuate that other teams are bending the rules ... without proof (and I'm not talking about you AUS Fan).

How about just marketing your team like this level of hockey should! Get some butts in the seats! LU gets 2500 - 3000 on average and I think those crowds should be bigger! this is a good level of hockey and many teams should be able to get better crowds than they get now. Marketing goes a long way. Spend a bit of cash to make some.


Last edited by thook: 02-23-2012 at 05:54 PM.
thook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 04:01 PM
  #50
FreddtFoyle
Registered User
 
FreddtFoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,357
vCash: 500
I should have added that some student-athletes are "induced" to go to certain schools because they offer the degree programs they're interested in: Business/Commerce, Engineering, Journalism, Pharmacy, Medicine, Law, MBA, Education, etc. And yes, some student-athletes are "induced" to come to schools in the Maritimes because it is easier to get into the programs they want (since out here we don't have growing university-age populations increasing competition for spots).

FreddtFoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.