HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Timmy Thomas offseason Trade

Old
02-23-2012, 05:25 PM
bostonbs

vCash: 500
Timmy Thomas offseason Trade

what can the bruins get for this guy in the offseason, a first rounder? or a scorer. He will be traded in the offseason, because they are not going to keep to 5mil plus goalies, which is what they will have if they keep thomas. Thomas is a very individualistic person, so i think he will not want to stay if hes not "the guy" its gona be rasks turn, so who do you think he goes to and for what, because hes probably got 2-3 years left in him where he can be a top 7 goalie in the league, and he will not allow himself to be a backup. what will his price tag be?

bostonbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 05:31 PM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonbs View Post
what can the bruins get for this guy in the offseason, a first rounder? or a scorer. He will be traded in the offseason, because they are not going to keep to 5mil plus goalies, which is what they will have if they keep thomas. Thomas is a very individualistic person, so i think he will not want to stay if hes not "the guy" its gona be rasks turn, so who do you think he goes to and for what, because hes probably got 2-3 years left in him where he can be a top 7 goalie in the league, and he will not allow himself to be a backup. what will his price tag be?
Let's wait til the season is over....

IF he brings them a cup again, I doubt they move him. If he doesn't I think it's fair game.

It will also depend on how much Rask is going to make. I see him anywhere in the 2.5-4M range (just based off of other goalies with similar age/stats/reputation).

If they don't win, I still highly doubt move Thomas for the sake of moving Thomas. But if they can bring in a top quality forward or #2 defenseman via Free Agency and money needs to go out, it's definitely worth exploring.

I can see us trying to return a young 24-26 year old Top 4 D or Top 6 F as part of the center piece and a mid round pick?

Just guessing; not a lot of teams need to pay a lot to get 1 year of Thomas unless they are THAT close to a cup.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline   Reply With Quote