HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Blues Offer McAmmond and Weinrich To The Kings

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2006, 03:05 AM
CBGB

vCash: 500
Blues Offer McAmmond and Weinrich To The Kings

We've posted on the main board. It cam out in the LA Times late tonight. You're not getting any of our decent prospects

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...orts-nhl-kings

Old
01-22-2006, 08:32 AM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Picks will do just fine. If they're picks in '07, I think that would be fine too.

01-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
Picks will do just fine. If they're picks in '07, I think that would be fine too.
Agreed....I'd rather have a 2nd in '07....than a 3rd in '06. Maybe we could trade off all of our veterans (using this method) for 2012 1st round draft picks.....collect maybe 12 of them. I hear the 2012 draft is shaping up quite nicely. There's a 12 year old now, who may be the missing piece to our 2014 squad.

Old
01-23-2006, 05:14 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackmans Domain
Agreed....I'd rather have a 2nd in '07....than a 3rd in '06. Maybe we could trade off all of our veterans (using this method) for 2012 1st round draft picks.....collect maybe 12 of them. I hear the 2012 draft is shaping up quite nicely. There's a 12 year old now, who may be the missing piece to our 2014 squad.

Allow me to explain why I have no problem with an '07 pick: I think the '07 draft is deeper than '06 - not leaps and bounds deeper, maybe not as dominant up top (we'll find that out before too long), but top-to-bottom the '06 draft seems to be somewhat thinner than '07. From the 4th round on, the pickings get slim unless someone drops *way* down. Thus, I'd rather have a pick in '07 where it seems like we'll have a better chance of getting a player who could make the NHL than a pick in '06 to use on someone where IMO the chances are lower.

Old
01-24-2006, 11:06 AM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

IB....I was being serious in accepting 2007 picks as well. Sure the 2012 comment was in jest....but it's obvious that if we are going to accept payment later ('07 pick versus an '06 pick) that the price will go up accordingly.....ala interest.

This Blues ship ain't gonna get fixed anytime soon. I'd rather stock-pile high picks later, than lower picks sooner. Teams that are competitive now, may just be willing to trade their '07 1st and 2nd round picks rather than their 2nd and 3rd round '06 picks.....electing to not pay the piper now.

I'd don't think it's unrealistic to assume that a one-year deferral in payment, should equate to a one-round increase in draft pick compensation.

If Sillinger could get the Blues a 3rd in '06......perhaps he could get a 2nd in '07....a 1st in '08 is probably too steep for Sillinger....but the principle remains the same. I'd much rather have the more talented guy who is drafted higher.....even if it is a year later. I do believe you that the 2007 draft is deeper than the 2006.....that's why I'm hopeful that teams could defer payment and give us higher picks in later years.....instead of hoarding 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th round picks in 2006.

Old
01-24-2006, 11:38 AM
Irish Blues

OK - point taken. I agree with your view, if the choice is between an '06 pick and an '07 pick, give me the '07 pick right now (unless of course we're talking about a top-5 or top-10 pick for this year). If we can get a 1-round bump by doing so, that would be fantastic too.

I get a feeling we may see one or two of the veterans moved before the Olympics, with the rest going shortly after. Then we can get down to arguing about who we're going to take with that 1st-round pick this year (and that ought to be a fun debate).

BTW - welcome aboard.

Old
01-24-2006, 03:21 PM
c-carp

I was watching HNIC saturday on the Center Ice and during the Satelite hotstove part they mentioned that some moves aroud the league may happen before the Olympics so that seems to be a real possibility.

Closed Thread