HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nash Rumors Part VI: Carter to LA; Nash next to move?

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2012, 06:59 PM
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Mr Atoz;44733609]We get Richards because Gaborik needs someone to get him the puck. Richards and Gaborik have no chemistry, don't play together, and we are lucky that Gaborik is scoring anyway.

Chemistry is important and often impossible to figure out.

Dubinsky will regain his scoring touch and this team will mature without ripping it apart.

Isn't 40 years of selling the future for a failed chance at this year lesson enough?[/QUOTE]

No.

Old
02-23-2012, 07:01 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Look at what Kovalchuk and Hossa brought back as rentals

Oduya
Bergfors
Cormier
1st round pick

for

Kovalchuk
2nd round pick

Armstrong
Crusher
Esposito
1st round pick

for

Hossa
Dupuis

Richards had 3 years remaining on his contract @$7.8M cap

Jokinen
Halpern
Smith
4th round pick(09)

for

Richards

The Rangers rumored offer/parameters

Dubinsky
Thomas
1st round pick
McIlrath?

for

Nash

That offer is not comparable. Come on.
you are neglecting the fact that Nash has locked in for 6 more years, taking him to the age of 33 which is generally the peak of a power forwards game. If things pan out, no one will complain about his cap. Barring an injury (which every player is susceptible to) he has enough pure talent that we shouldn't have to worry about him going Redden on us. And there is no reason why the trade won't end up Nash + 3rd.

Old
02-23-2012, 07:01 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
Dubinsky will regain his scoring touch and this team will mature without ripping it apart.
I'll take Nash. Thanks.

Old
02-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Sky Valley

Send a message via AIM to Sky Valley
Quote:
We get Richards because Gaborik needs someone to get him the puck. Richards and Gaborik have no chemistry, don't play together, and we are lucky that Gaborik is scoring anyway.

Isn't 40 years of selling the future for a failed chance at this year lesson enough?
If Dubi is the only roster player leaving, that's not ripping the team apart.

Old
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

Quote:
Helene Elliott ‏ @helenenothelen
looking like Johnson and a first-rounder for Carter but nothing officially announced yet
https://twitter.com/#!/helenenothelen

Old
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
I'll take Nash. Thanks.
dubi would have a flame lit up under his ass for sure if he didn't get traded, though.

Old
02-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

So much for buying low. I like Carter but that is not much of a discount.

LA wants scoring.

02-23-2012, 07:05 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
We get Richards because Gaborik needs someone to get him the puck. Richards and Gaborik have no chemistry, don't play together, and we are lucky that Gaborik is scoring anyway.

Isn't 40 years of selling the future for a failed chance at this year lesson enough?
Rangers wouldnt be selling the future though they would be adding to it. The future of this team is Lundqvist, McD, MDZ, Girardi, Staal, Cally, Stepan, Kreider, Miller, etc. If this deal gets done none of those guys will be going the other way and a 27 year old 35 goal scorer would be added to the future of this team.

This isnt Neil Smith trading away Amonte, Weight, etc for veterans

Old
02-23-2012, 07:08 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
dubi would have a flame lit up under his ass for sure if he didn't get traded, though.
I love Dubi but its ridiculous. He shouldnt need a flame lit under his ass. He hasnt been scoring all year. Not to mention this shouldnt be a surprised to any because he has been a streaky inconsistent player throughout his career. A couple weeks he is red hot then he disappears for a month or so, or at least his scoring does because he does do other things for the team. Part of the reason or mostly the reason is shot isnt good. He misses the net all too often and from great scoring chances or areas.

Rick Nash can play the PK to replace Dubi's ice time. But more importantly he can hit the net with authority

Old
02-23-2012, 07:08 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
So much for buying low. I like Carter but that is not much of a discount.

LA wants scoring.
A mediocre D-man and a 1st isn't much of a discount? Dubi and a 1st would be similar value, really. Maybe have to add something like a mid round pick with that.

Old
02-23-2012, 07:09 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Dean Lombardi, the one GM determined to pay above market prices.

Old
02-23-2012, 07:11 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Actually, no. Then he is safe. The fire under his ass should have been last game and the past bunch of them actually. I haven't seen anything in the back of the net, or otherwise to change my mind on keeping him.

He was always overrated, and just a fan favorite which is why its hard for lots of people here to want to let go. Emotional connections are made with players when you know them.

He played is ****ing ass off, and with a fire under it when he was playing for his $16 million dollar contract.

Once he got paid?

DISAPPEARED.

Nash would be a beautiful addition to this team. His talent is real AND proven.

Old
02-23-2012, 07:11 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
A mediocre D-man and a 1st isn't much of a discount? Dubi and a 1st would be similar value, really. Maybe have to add something like a mid round pick with that.
They got him for 8th overall, Voracek and a third.
JMFJ and a likely top 14 pick isn't that far off what they paid and is more suited to CBJ's needs. It's certainly way higher than the scraps we were offering here before.

Old
02-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Actually, no. Then he is safe. The fire under his ass should have been last game and the past bunch of them actually. I haven't seen anything in the back of the net, or otherwise to change my mind on keeping him.

He was always overrated, and just a fan favorite which is why its hard for lots of people here to want to let go. Emotional connections are made with players when you know them.

He played is ****ing ass off, and with a fire under it when he was playing for his $16 million dollar contract.

Once he got paid?

DISAPPEARED.

This. What better game to prove that you shouldn't be moved to Columbus than the one against Columbus? Saw absolutely nothing from him in that one.

Meanwhile, Nash had himself a great game against us.

Old
02-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Graves94

If we were to get Nash, I think the chemistry issue will be minimized by the addition of another young talented forward, who will help the core win. Sure, there will be a little shock/disappointed factor initially (you're losing a long time team mate and by all accounts a good person), but they're professionals and will deal with it, or Torts will make them deal with it.
What is telling to me, is that coming off a pretty good year last season, he was not given the "A" when Staal went down at the beginning of the season.

Old
02-23-2012, 07:19 PM
AdamBanks99
MinnesotaMiracleMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
What is telling to me, is that coming off a pretty good year last season, he was not given the "A" when Staal went down at the beginning of the season.
that's much more of a reflection of girardi than it is of dubinsky.

Old
02-23-2012, 07:19 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:

trading Dubinsky is not ripping the team apart. And I don't care how much of a scoring touch Dubinsky might regain, it will never compare to Rick Nash. Dubinsky should be fortunate to break 30. We know he can do it but he'll have to work hard for it. And when your linemate is a slumping Brian Boyle, what exactly does he have to work with to turn into a scoring machine?

I'm not seeing how Dubi, Thomas, McI, 1st for Nash (and let's assume a prospect or a 3rd) is the blight some posters have been treating it like. Sather still manages to keep McD, MDZ, Staal, Stepan, Kreider, Miller, Erixon - it's a steep price indeed for an elite player and the cap is definitely a concern (the biggest IMO) but we'd be getting one of the league's most dynamic scorers. I just look forward to see if Sather can pull together some of his magic tricks to get a better deal for us (we all love the Sather magician pic!) because, yes, that contract is a whale and I'm sure the CBJ owners wouldn't lose sleep over unloading it. Whose to say the owners aren't pressuring Howson to dump it because the per annum hit starts going up (currently at $7.5M, contract ends at $8.2M). Always nice seeing Sather working on trades when he is trading from the position of power. He knows he doesn't HAVE to get Nash as much as it seems like Howson must get rid of him.

Old
02-23-2012, 07:23 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:

Once he got paid?

DISAPPEARED.

k. I'll talk to you when its July 1 2014 when hank, gaborik, and our captain are UFAs, and we dont have enough cap space to retain even 2 out of 3 without depleting our depth players because there's another guy with a stupid contract until the end of the decade. Guess we better win this year or next.

Old
02-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
People are always saying this about Dubinsky but it never happens.

Old
02-23-2012, 07:28 PM
nevesis

Quote:
k. I'll talk to you when its July 1 2014 when hank, gaborik, and our captain are UFAs, and we dont have enough cap space to retain even 2 out of 3 without depleting our depth players because there's another guy with a stupid contract until the end of the decade. Guess we better win this year or next.
The cap has gone up every year since the lockout. Even with the new CBA, most if not all GM's are confident it will go up. It won't go LOWER than it already is.

The numbers have been worked with management you best believe, and even our (including myself) virtual GM's using capgeek who proven that it won't be an issue.

Old
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
This. What better game to prove that you shouldn't be moved to Columbus than the one against Columbus? Saw absolutely nothing from him in that one.

Meanwhile, Nash had himself a great game against us.
What is the point of making this a Nash vs. Dubinsky argument when it goes SO far beyond that

Old
DutchShamrock

Why bother speculating about chemistry? Thornton turned Cheechoo into a 54 goal scorer in about 80% of one season. Gomez and Drury assist Jagr in picking out a tie. Straka/Nylander/Jagr was lights out from day 1.

It's not like we're breaking up the GAG line or anythiing. Dubinsky is getting slotted into where ever he fits on any give day because he's just not clicking at all, let alone with anyone else.

Old
02-23-2012, 07:29 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRangers View Post
Rangers wouldnt be selling the future though they would be adding to it. The future of this team is Lundqvist, McD, MDZ, Girardi, Staal, Cally, Stepan, Kreider, Miller, etc. If this deal gets done none of those guys will be going the other way and a 27 year old 35 goal scorer would be added to the future of this team.

This isnt Neil Smith trading away Amonte, Weight, etc for veterans
I think the above is the lesson of what happens when you trade away your top prospects. Yeah, they won the cup (thank god), so Smith got lucky, but there's no Mark Messier on this team.

To quote Top Gun:

"The encounter was a victory, but I think we've shown it as an example of what NOT to do."

Old
02-23-2012, 07:31 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Man, those are two very odd looking guys
LMFAO,especially joe...

Nash looks like a chubby 5 year old...lol

Old
02-23-2012, 07:32 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 350
Not to sound dramatic, but whatever Sather does at the deadline may be his defining moment as the Rangers' GM. This is his last chance to make adjustments with what may be the best team he'll have in New York.

Closed Thread