HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Nash Rumors Part VI: Carter to LA; Nash next to move?

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2012, 06:32 PM
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!

vCash: 500
I would actually rather keep McI than Erixon. I don't know why. I admit, I have gotten to see little of McI or Erixon, which is a shame as I usually watch or listen to the Whale regularly, but something about the way Erixon has played when I did get to watch him did not impress me much. Perhaps that is just due to how much he was being hyped though.

When all is said and done though I would probably pass on Nash, not because I don't like him or he isn't good or something like that, but because I think it will create cap problems faster than anyone thinks. Like, next year faster.

Old
02-23-2012, 06:33 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
k. I'll talk to you when its July 1 2014 when hank, gaborik, and our captain are UFAs, and we dont have enough cap space to retain even 2 out of 3 without depleting our depth players because there's another guy with a stupid contract until the end of the decade. Guess we better win this year or next.
Gaborik will be 32 in July of 2014, he may not be resigned and he probably isn't getting a bump from his 7.5 mil current cap hit.

Old
02-23-2012, 06:34 PM
bleedblue94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
I think the above is the lesson of what happens when you trade away your top prospects. Yeah, they won the cup (thank god), so Smith got lucky, but there's no Mark Messier on this team.

To quote Top Gun:

"The encounter was a victory, but I think we've shown it as an example of what NOT to do."
94 isnt what doomed us for years. it was we continuously traded our top propsects and picks in the following years trying desperately to repeat 94. if you trade a ton for any player and he doesnt work out you end up with egg on your face. lots of examples have been brought up in THIS thread about trades for older veterans, and we can all agree that hasnt worked generally for us, but neither have trades that put us in position to draft prospects like brendl and lundmark, but this is a deal for an established top line player in his PRIME. hes not 33 years old

Old
02-23-2012, 06:36 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
I think the above is the lesson of what happens when you trade away your top prospects. Yeah, they won the cup (thank god), so Smith got lucky, but there's no Mark Messier on this team.

To quote Top Gun:

"The encounter was a victory, but I think we've shown it as an example of what NOT to do."
Post 94 was an example of what happens when you trade away your top prospects. What I posted was proof that this isnt even close to being the same thing. This is bringing in a quality young scorer without sacrificing the biggest pieces and assets in this organization.

Old
02-23-2012, 06:38 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
k. I'll talk to you when its July 1 2014 when hank, gaborik, and our captain are UFAs, and we dont have enough cap space to retain even 2 out of 3 without depleting our depth players because there's another guy with a stupid contract until the end of the decade. Guess we better win this year or next.
This.

If we get Nash we better win the Cup this year or next. Im still not buying the fact we can get Nash and still retain all if our key young guys.

Old
02-23-2012, 06:40 PM
bleedblue94

maybe we should trade henke calli mcd stepan mdz krieder ect bc in 2019 we wont be able to sign them all and keep our prospects we draft in 2017

Old
02-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Sky Valley

Send a message via AIM to Sky Valley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
A mediocre D-man and a 1st isn't much of a discount? Dubi and a 1st would be similar value, really. Maybe have to add something like a mid round pick with that.
Imagine the minuses JJ could have playing in front of Mason and behind a forward group headlined by Vinny Prospal. Oy vey.

Old
02-23-2012, 06:44 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
What is the point of making this a Nash vs. Dubinsky argument when it goes SO far beyond that
Because people here are waiting for Dubi to get a fire lit under his ass and start producing.

Guess they should be prepared to wait some more.

Old
02-23-2012, 06:48 PM
BrianBoyle
↓ Perfection ↓

vCash: 300
TSN Tradecentre: Rangers are frontrunners for Nash (Dreger/McKenzie).

Need to get it done soon as they have other things on the table.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
Old
02-23-2012, 06:48 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

TSN-McKenzie,LeBrun and Dreger

Dreger-Rangers "frontrunner" for Nash. They can't wait anymore for Columbus. Rangers need to know because they will go in another direction if a deal cant be complete. Deal must be done by Sunday the latest if there will be a deal. SJ and TOR are the other teams.

Old
02-23-2012, 06:49 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
This.

If we get Nash we better win the Cup this year or next. Im still not buying the fact we can get Nash and still retain all if our key young guys.
henke and gaborik will not be making more money than they currently are...

Old
02-23-2012, 06:49 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Bobby Mac said Brenier and Dustin Brown are available.

Old
02-23-2012, 06:50 PM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

vCash: 50
Supposedly Dreger just said the Leafs are in on Nash as well.

Quote:
John ‏ @NewfamousLeafer
Dreger says #Leafs, #Sharks and #Rangers are the three teams in on Nash the most, #Rangers being the favourite. Scary.
EDIT- RB beat me to it.

Old
02-23-2012, 06:51 PM
BrianBoyle
↓ Perfection ↓

vCash: 300
Confirming he said that.

Rangers are the frontrunners, though. Keep waiting, Glen.

Old
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Because people here are waiting for Dubi to get a fire lit under his ass and start producing.

Remember last year when AA was absolutely terrible going up to the trade deadline, when all those rumors were swirling around about us shopping him? When he wasn't traded, his play picked up immensely, and he started producing again. It's tough to play with confidence when nobody else shows confidence in you. Dubi is at his best when he's playing with that certain degree of swagger where he's doing everything with purpose and aggression.

I'm not necessarily saying that Dubinsky is going to explode offensively if we don't trade him, but there should really be more to the thinking than "well, he didn't produce in one game where there was a tremendous amount of pressure and focus on him to prove that he doesn't suck." There's good pressure and bad pressure, and that's the bad kind that negatively impacts a player's psyche.

RANGERS =
Old
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Tortorella said he doesn't want to see any move jeopardize the team's future or disrupt the strong chemistry that has been forged just for the sake of trying to win now.

"We're not looking to break up that type of chemistry we have in that room unless something really improves our team and we don't morgtage our future."
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/hoc...ink-were-there

Old
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post

Guess he should be lighting the lamp with 2 pairs of stonehands on his line in Boyle and Prust.

Im not saying he doesnt deserve to be down there, but thats not a spot where anyone is going to "produce"

Old
02-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Sky Valley

Send a message via AIM to Sky Valley
Kind of want it to get done tonight just for the drama of Carter and Nash going bang bang at the same time. How brutal is that team going to look with Prospal, Brassard, and Dubi as their top forwards?

Old
02-23-2012, 06:54 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Remember last year when AA was absolutely terrible going up to the trade deadline, when all those rumors were swirling around about us shopping him? When he wasn't traded, his play picked up immensely, and he started producing again. It's tough to play with confidence when nobody else shows confidence in you. Dubi is at his best when he's playing with that certain degree of swagger where he's doing everything with purpose and aggression.

I'm not necessarily saying that Dubinsky is going to explode offensively if we don't trade him, but there should really be more to the thinking than "well, he didn't produce in one game where there was a tremendous amount of pressure and focus on him to prove that he doesn't suck." There's good pressure and bad pressure, and that's the bad kind that negatively impacts a player's psyche.
Its not just the one game its been the whole season. His play hasnt been good since the beginning of the season and he wasnt on the trading block than.

Old
02-23-2012, 06:55 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Columbus will have 4 long term contracts on D with Tyutin(lefty),Wisniewski(righty),Johnson(left) and Methot(left). Moore(left) is a 2009 1st rounder. McIlrath fits in well there. Righty shot.

Old
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Valley View Post
Kind of want it to get done tonight just for the drama of Carter and Nash going bang bang at the same time. How brutal is that team going to look with Prospal, Brassard, and Dubi as their top forwards?
a dubi that loses all his motivation lol.

If you think his play is bad now, I can't imagine how bad it's going to be if he got traded to that **** team.

Old
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Guess he should be lighting the lamp with 2 pairs of stonehands on his line in Boyle and Prust.

Im not saying he doesnt deserve to be down there, but thats not a spot where anyone is going to "produce"
Anisimov generally does in fact he helps his line mates produce when relegated to the 3rd line.

Old
02-23-2012, 06:56 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:

That line has been pretty good at getting and keeping the puck deep in the offensive zone and none of them are scoring and Duby has had plenty of opportunities. That line has 3 pairs stone hands. Dont blame Prust and Boyle because Duby cant hit the net.

Old
02-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post

It's not just that one game. He's as inconsistent as they come. If he wasn't homegrown, but was traded here after playing one year on another team, people wouldn't be willing to give him all this time.

His PK, boardwork, defense, toughness is great, but for 4.2 million, I expect some more consistent numbers on the scoresheet, or else it seems like the only time he's motivated to play is when he's up for a contract.

Old
02-23-2012, 07:01 PM
Leetch66

I know two guys in the Columbus organization...I wonder if they can give me any inside info ? I know the head of Team Services and the Radio Play by Play guy . Both of those guys are from PEI . The team services person uses an alias and George Matthews , radio , used to buy hockey cards from me years ago . I would really hate to bother them...but OTOH...like everybody else...I need to know ! LOL .

Closed Thread