HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jordan Leapold -- maybe to NYR? (Speculation not a rumor)

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2006, 12:46 PM
OleOleOleOleBureBure

vCash: 500
Jordan Leapold -- maybe to NYR? (Speculation not a rumor)

now this guy is having a bad bad year and just maybe he needs a change. With the emergance of Phaneuf and with Hamerlik there, Leopold, who put up nice offensive numbers 2 seasons ago (was on 1st pp unit), is just not getting it done this year. but he is a guy with nice offensive upside (well atleast from this seasons numbers). Now, i am only speculating here, but with the way we have our lines set today, and as much as i like what Nylander is doing (not the penalties part), he is on the 3rd line. would this be a good trade for the NYR? From reading different sites, i see that calgary is looking for a playmaking Center. i am not suggesting a one for one trade, maybe picks and other players involved (rozival hopefully) but the main 2 guys would be nylander and leopold.

Last edited by OleOleOleOleBureBure: 01-24-2006 at 12:58 PM.
Old
01-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Levitate

hrm, for the future that'd be a good trade. even dumps some salary, but it leaves the team kind of short on talented centers for this year at least. yeah we can call up immonen, and i don't mind that option, but i guess it'd be a balance between possibly hurting playoff chances this year and (hopefully) improving for the future

and this is assuming leopold gets back on track...he never did quite pan out as well as calgary was hoping

Old
01-24-2006, 01:13 PM
xander

I'd certainly consider it from the Rangers end, and I don't think it's unreasonable from the Flames point of veiw either, though I think it might take alittlle more than Nylander.

Old
01-24-2006, 01:22 PM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Leopold is not putting up alot of points, but he's not having a bad year. He's been very good defensively, and how he's used by Sutter (a ton of minutes in all situations) reflects that.

Old
01-24-2006, 01:25 PM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
hrm, for the future that'd be a good trade. even dumps some salary, but it leaves the team kind of short on talented centers for this year at least. yeah we can call up immonen, and i don't mind that option, but i guess it'd be a balance between possibly hurting playoff chances this year and (hopefully) improving for the future

and this is assuming leopold gets back on track...he never did quite pan out as well as calgary was hoping
Again, Leopold isn't putting up a ton of points, but he's definately doing the job defensively. He plays the 2nd most number of minutes on the Flames (22.00) and is used in critical situations.

Old
01-24-2006, 01:58 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
I'd do that trade in a minute. Unfortunately, Calgary wouldn't. Leopold is solid in his own end, and I do believe that his offensive will come around. I just don't see Calgary taking Nylander and his salary straight up for Leo.

Old
01-24-2006, 03:43 PM
fubarNYR

Nooooo

i dunno why anyone would want to get rid of nylander for a guy like leopold, nylander is having a fine year and can handle the puck well.

Old
01-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Taz

Well center wise

Straka
Rucchin
Betts
Moore

(Call up: Immonen, Helminem)

Closed Thread