HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nash Rumors Part VI: Carter to LA; Nash next to move?

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2012, 08:45 PM
ColonialsHockey10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Slats has leverage. Make a good trade, Glennie.
Definitely more confident then I was a few days ago about this. If that's all Carter got, I'm pretty confident about what Nash would cost.

Old
02-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Vitto79

NYR are on the clock.......They do need to know soon as they will make other moves if not

Just be patient Glen, People think Carter should of got more....Dubinsky, Force them to take Wolski back for the salary cap, Zuccarello, Thomas, 1st

If they can hold onto McIlrath do it. If he has to go he goes. No other top prospects. Hang up and make other moves if they ask for Kreider, Erixon, Miller

Old
02-23-2012, 08:48 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
CBJ SUBTRACTIONS
  • Rick Nash - 2002 1st overall draftpick /1st Round CBJ
  • Jakub Voráček - 2007 7th Overall Pick /1st Round CBJ
  • Sean Couturier - 2011 8th Overall pick / 1st Round chosen by Philadelphia
  • Nick Cousins - 2011 68th overall pick / 3rd round chosen by Philadelphia

CBJ ADDITIONS
  • Jack "MF" Johnson - 2005 3rd overall pick / 1st round by LA Kings
  • Brandon Dubinsky 2004 60th overall pick / 2nd round chosen by NYR
  • Christian Thomas - 2010 40th overall pick / 2nd round chosen by NYR
  • Dylan McIlraith - 10th overall pick 2010 / 1st round chosen by NYR
  • LA Kings 2012 conditional 1st round pick / 2012 (predicted 12 - 20) or 2013 ??
  • New York Rangers 2012 1st round pick (predicted 24 - 30)

Call it a day - BJs get younger, add 2 bodies and get to start over
Ouch!!

Old
02-23-2012, 08:49 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
So LA got Carter and Richards for Brayden Schenn, JJ, Wayne Simmonds and a 10-15th pick?

I guess that's pretty good.
Its even better if they both get back to putting up 30 goals and 30 assists each.

Old
02-23-2012, 08:49 PM
pwoz

But McIlrath was supposed to be the next Beukeboom!

Old
02-23-2012, 08:51 PM
BrianLeetch2

Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Sather: "Why the hell do you need another 1st? You just got one!"

Old
02-23-2012, 08:52 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
NYR are on the clock.......They do need to know soon as they will make other moves if not

Just be patient Glen, People think Carter should of got more....Dubinsky, Force them to take Wolski back for the salary cap, Zuccarello, Thomas, 1st

If they can hold onto McIlrath do it. If he has to go he goes. No other top prospects. Hang up and make other moves if they ask for Kreider, Erixon, Miller
Forget about WW...he's a non factor. I'd rather get an extra player back or send a lower level prospect instead. No need asking for any "favors" when they aren't needed.

Old
02-23-2012, 08:52 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Ok, so don't make yourself look silly by saying that Dubi isn't getting points because he's paired with those 2, because that is not where he started the season. Again, Hagelin started on the third line, and is now on the 1b line. Anisimov went down to the 4th line, but played himself out of it, and the GAS line was reunited. Those 2 elevated their games. Dubi has regressed, by a large margin.
Dubinsky hasn't regressed, and his decrease in scoring isn't due to his linemates. He's also VERY unlikely (IMO) to blow up the score-sheet in the next two games. He's having a down season. How many times with how many players have we seen this happen? The whole team started the season slowly, and when the rest of the team broke out of it, Dubi had that stretch of games where he was completely snake-bitten. It got into his head. He's always been more of a pass than shoot kind of player, but this year he's been passing when it is CLEAR that he is the best shooting option. He doesn't have any confidence in his shot right now, so he's just stopped using it.

To his credit, he's stepped up the other aspects of his game (defense, cycling, board play, etc). It's just like a pitcher whose mechanics are off a bit. A regression is what happened to Drury and Gomez. Dubi just needs to get his confidence in his shot back, and that's tough to do during the season (when screwing up can cost the team points). If he's not traded, I'd guess he snaps out of it in the playoffs (less time to think=Dubi playing more on instinct) or, at the latest, next season.

As for the Dubi/Ani debate, I think both of them are best served on a line together, to be perfectly honest. Ani's defense allows Dubinsky to get into the attack more, and Dubinsky's faceoff ability allows Anisimov to play his natural position. I just don't see Anisimov as a permanent LW.

Old
02-23-2012, 08:53 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Kevin Paul Dupont ‏ @GlobeKPD
So Nash is out in LA. Still think he lands in Philly. JVR and Couturier at center of return.

Old
02-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
Dubinsky hasn't regressed, and his decrease in scoring isn't due to his linemates. He's also VERY unlikely (IMO) to blow up the score-sheet in the next two games. He's having a down season. How many times with how many players have we seen this happen? The whole team started the season slowly, and when the rest of the team broke out of it, Dubi had that stretch of games where he was completely snake-bitten. It got into his head. He's always been more of a pass than shoot kind of player, but this year he's been passing when it is CLEAR that he is the best shooting option. He doesn't have any confidence in his shot right now, so he's just stopped using it.

To his credit, he's stepped up the other aspects of his game (defense, cycling, board play, etc). It's just like a pitcher whose mechanics are off a bit. A regression is what happened to Drury and Gomez. Dubi just needs to get his confidence in his shot back, and that's tough to do during the season (when screwing up can cost the team points). If he's not traded, I'd guess he snaps out of it in the playoffs (less time to think=Dubi playing more on instinct) or, at the latest, next season.

As for the Dubi/Ani debate, I think both of them are best served on a line together, to be perfectly honest. Ani's defense allows Dubinsky to get into the attack more, and Dubinsky's faceoff ability allows Anisimov to play his natural position. I just don't see Anisimov as a permanent LW.
Maybe he steps it up in the playoffs. Or maybe the extra pressure just screws him up even more. With the season he's had, it's hard to say what will happen.

Old
02-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

I can see Nash going to philly now that CBJ got Johnson.

Old
02-23-2012, 08:57 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post

I don't want to hear it.

He makes $4+ Million a year to produce. He isn't. He worked his ass off to GET that contract and now disappears?

I make what he does in one game, in a year. If I started not producing at my job, I would be fired. You can't afford to have a 'down year' in most professions.

Dubinsky is never going to be a 40 goal scorer...he's been here since 2006-07. What you see, is what you get.

Rick Nash is a HUGE upgrade over Dubinsky. He is a true CANADIAN badass hockey player with size, AND is only two years older than Dubinsky. He will be here for a while and will score many goals.

You have to make the move now.

Old
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 350
After that terrible return Sather can offer this for Nash and then blow smoke in Howsen's face.

Wolski, Thomas, McIlrath, 2012 1st.

Seriously, if Sather could somehow spare Dubinsky while shipping out Wolski for Nash supplemented with the aforementioned picks and prospects it would be his best trade ever.

Then again, maybe this Carter trade is giving me a little too much hope.

Old
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
So Nash is out in LA. Still think he lands in Philly. JVR and Couturier at center of return.
That makes zero sense for philly. Their D and Goaltending still sucks.

Old
02-23-2012, 08:58 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Obviously, Philly needs MOAR OFFENSE!!

If that's true, Holmgren is truly wrong in the head, although he already showed that by giving Bryz 9 years, 51 million, lol.

Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Is Philly going to beat teams 8-7 in the playoffs?

Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

From Dreger: Dustin Brown's avail also puts heat on CBJ to make decision on Nash...soon. NYR,Tor Philly, just to name a few are interested. #TradeCentre

I wonder what LA would want for Brown?

Old
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 350
Why would Philly need Nash? They need all the defense, and even goal tending they can get.

Old
02-23-2012, 08:59 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

Quote:
Pretty sure they have/had a whole thread on the B's forum bashing this guy.

It's this:

NYR
Nowhere

*****HUGE GAP*****

SJ/TOR

02-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Is Philly going to beat teams 8-7 in the playoffs?
Nope. The Jets beat them 9-8,

And
Darren Dreger ‏ @DarrenDreger

Dustin Brown's avail also puts heat on CBJ to make decision on Nash...soon. NYR,Tor Philly, just to name a few are interested.

Old
02-23-2012, 09:01 PM
Deathdealer

as i said befor, dubi and parts for nash. gabby for brown... get it done

Old
02-23-2012, 09:02 PM
CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
From Dreger: Dustin Brown's avail also puts heat on CBJ to make decision on Nash...soon. NYR,Tor Philly, just to name a few are interested. #TradeCentre

I wonder what LA would want for Brown?
Why would they trade him now? Why not wait until the offseason?

Old
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
I don't want to hear it.

He makes $4+ Million a year to produce. He isn't. He worked his ass off to GET that contract and now disappears?

I make what he does in one game, in a year. If I started not producing at my job, I would be fired. You can't afford to have a 'down year' in most professions.

Dubinsky is never going to be a 40 goal scorer...he's been here since 2006-07. What you see, is what you get.

Rick Nash is a HUGE upgrade over Dubinsky. He is a true CANADIAN badass hockey player with size, AND is only two years older than Dubinsky. He will be here for a while and will score many goals.

You have to make the move now.
Sports are not like other professions. Many athletes have down years and that's just how it goes sometimes. Not sure how there's any connection between Dubinsky having a bad season and HAVING to make a trade for Nash. lol

Old
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathdealer View Post
as i said befor, dubi and parts for nash. gabby for brown... get it done
Please never post this again. Thank you.

Old
JeffMangum
I'm v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Nope. The Jets beat them 9-8,

And
Darren Dreger ‏ @DarrenDreger

Dustin Brown's avail also puts heat on CBJ to make decision on Nash...soon. NYR,Tor Philly, just to name a few are interested.
Not sure if he's saying those teams are interested in Brown or Nash.

I asked him on Twitter.

Closed Thread