HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-23-2012, 08:57 PM
  #101
BigBrown
Now what will we do?
 
BigBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
That makes no sense. Trade Stoll and or Penner for picks to free up salary
I hear ya
I can't figure it out either. Seems dumb to have the best bang for buck guy be the cap casualty.

BigBrown is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 08:57 PM
  #102
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 7,467
vCash: 500
Lombardi said that in terms of potential trades beyond this, he has “absolutely nothing” right now but said he will be open to talks.

Johnny Utah is online now  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:01 PM
  #103
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 27,069
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Uh oh. Things may hit the fan soon. Brown may be moving really soon >.<

__________________

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is online now  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:02 PM
  #104
AgentM
Registered User
 
AgentM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Allison Park, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,056
vCash: 500
After all the excitement of the Carter trade and rumors of Bernier and Brown have settled down a bit I really can't make sense of the Kings moving Brown for any reason.

But if they did would a trade be possible with the Pens involving:

Defenseman: Choose one of Brooks Orpik, Paul Martin, or Zybnek Michalek
Prospects: Eric Tangradi and/or Beau Bennett
RW: Tyler Kennedy?

AgentM is online now  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:02 PM
  #105
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Uh oh. Things may hit the fan soon. Brown may be moving really soon >.<
Whhy

Shellz is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:02 PM
  #106
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Uh oh. Things may hit the fan soon. Brown may be moving really soon >.<
Not sure I like the sound of that.

KopitarFAN is online now  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:03 PM
  #107
gonnaneedsomewine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Ack. I would do that deal, but it would hurt.
Tough bullet to bite but I think you have to do it.

Love the way Brown plays, but I can't pass up the chance to get a hold of two top 6 wingers like JVR and Voracek.

Talk about a revamped top 6:

JVR - Kopitar - Williams
Carter - Richards - Voracek

gonnaneedsomewine is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:04 PM
  #108
BigBrown
Now what will we do?
 
BigBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Lombardi said that in terms of potential trades beyond this, he has “absolutely nothing” right now but said he will be open to talks.
On the Kings Vision interview with Daryl Evans he also said when asked if he still would be active that it's not gonna stop and will continue right to the deadline.

So we'll see what happens. I'd be mad if they traded Dustin Brown on some whim though.

BigBrown is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:04 PM
  #109
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentM View Post
After all the excitement of the Carter trade and rumors of Bernier and Brown have settled down a bit I really can't make sense of the Kings moving Brown for any reason. But if they did would a trade be possible with the Pens involving one of Brooks Orpik, Paul Martin, or Zybnek Michalek along with prospects (Tangradi? Beau Bennett?) and possibly Tyler Kennedy?
A player of Brown's caliber is gonna cost more than your scraps and young players, don't need defenseman either.

KopitarFAN is online now  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:05 PM
  #110
Belanger25
The Iceman!
 
Belanger25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenKing18 View Post
who said this?
Lombardi in his press conference. Bernstein, Lebrun and others tweeted it.

Belanger25 is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:05 PM
  #111
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 27,069
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I do not dare repeat what I just heard because hearts will collectively seize. I am hoping really hard that Brown doesn't get moved right now because this sounds brutal. Dean can't be pissed to this magnitude. Don't know why we would want to trade Brown, hopefully it is just a scare tactic for him or the team, a Herb Brooks move.

Telos is online now  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:05 PM
  #112
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,449
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Lombardi said that in terms of potential trades beyond this, he has “absolutely nothing” right now but said he will be open to talks.
He says. But unlike Bob McKenzie, he has lied before. Bob does not make up stuff, if he says something's up, something's up.

Live in the Now is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:05 PM
  #113
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs
 
DocWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 10,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Uh oh. Things may hit the fan soon. Brown may be moving really soon >.<
What makes you say that? I hope it's not true.

DocWest is online now  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:06 PM
  #114
DAkings20
Kings can't score
 
DAkings20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Valencia, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I do not dare repeat what I just heard because hearts will collectively seize. I am hoping really hard that Brown doesn't get moved right now because this sounds brutal. Dean can't be pissed to this magnitude. Don't know why we would want to trade Brown, hopefully it is just a scare tactic for him or the team.
cmon spill

DAkings20 is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:06 PM
  #115
BigBrown
Now what will we do?
 
BigBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,838
vCash: 500
Oh god. Don't scare me like that.

BigBrown is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:08 PM
  #116
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I do not dare repeat what I just heard because hearts will collectively seize. I am hoping really hard that Brown doesn't get moved right now because this sounds brutal. Dean can't be pissed to this magnitude. Don't know why we would want to trade Brown, hopefully it is just a scare tactic for him or the team, a Herb Brooks move.
Oh seriously! Come on!

Shellz is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:08 PM
  #117
markisonfire
Registered User
 
markisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 4,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I do not dare repeat what I just heard because hearts will collectively seize. I am hoping really hard that Brown doesn't get moved right now because this sounds brutal. Dean can't be pissed to this magnitude. Don't know why we would want to trade Brown, hopefully it is just a scare tactic for him or the team, a Herb Brooks move.
Well now you have to.

markisonfire is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:08 PM
  #118
Cruel11
Maximoff
 
Cruel11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 18,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I do not dare repeat what I just heard because hearts will collectively seize. I am hoping really hard that Brown doesn't get moved right now because this sounds brutal. Dean can't be pissed to this magnitude. Don't know why we would want to trade Brown, hopefully it is just a scare tactic for him or the team, a Herb Brooks move.
now i'm scared.

Cruel11 is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:09 PM
  #119
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!
 
FrozenKing18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: So Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 5,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I do not dare repeat what I just heard because hearts will collectively seize. I am hoping really hard that Brown doesn't get moved right now because this sounds brutal. Dean can't be pissed to this magnitude. Don't know why we would want to trade Brown, hopefully it is just a scare tactic for him or the team, a Herb Brooks move.
I don't like this

FrozenKing18 is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:09 PM
  #120
nikolai19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Corona, CA
Country: Belarus
Posts: 2,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I do not dare repeat what I just heard because hearts will collectively seize. I am hoping really hard that Brown doesn't get moved right now because this sounds brutal. Dean can't be pissed to this magnitude. Don't know why we would want to trade Brown, hopefully it is just a scare tactic for him or the team, a Herb Brooks move.

Inquiring minds

If Brown is dealt, hopefully he's going to fetch two top 6ers in return, one current and one future. Glad to hear Slava is coming back up.

Also looks like Richards will be playing the point on the power play. Carter is pretty good on the kill as well which maybe will take some pressure off Kopi.

nikolai19 is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:09 PM
  #121
silverstick
Registered User
 
silverstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I do not dare repeat what I just heard because hearts will collectively seize. I am hoping really hard that Brown doesn't get moved right now because this sounds brutal. Dean can't be pissed to this magnitude. Don't know why we would want to trade Brown, hopefully it is just a scare tactic for him or the team, a Herb Brooks move.
Oh ****....

silverstick is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:09 PM
  #122
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,959
vCash: 500
Telos, you're scaring us.

KopitarFAN is online now  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:09 PM
  #123
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs
 
DocWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 10,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I do not dare repeat what I just heard because hearts will collectively seize. I am hoping really hard that Brown doesn't get moved right now because this sounds brutal. Dean can't be pissed to this magnitude. Don't know why we would want to trade Brown, hopefully it is just a scare tactic for him or the team, a Herb Brooks move.
NOT cool, bro. You have to tell us now, even if it's through PM.

DocWest is online now  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:09 PM
  #124
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,778
vCash: 500
Now that Johnson is gone, I kinda wish we could've got Downie from Tampa since all they wanted was a pick.

johnjm22 is online now  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:10 PM
  #125
ibleedkings
Is this real?
 
ibleedkings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Quartz Hill
Country: United States
Posts: 1,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I do not dare repeat what I just heard because hearts will collectively seize. I am hoping really hard that Brown doesn't get moved right now because this sounds brutal. Dean can't be pissed to this magnitude. Don't know why we would want to trade Brown, hopefully it is just a scare tactic for him or the team, a Herb Brooks move.

Dude.........

ibleedkings is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.