HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A. Kostitsyn wants to stay here

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Top Corner2

vCash: 500
Show me the money

Old
02-23-2012, 03:11 PM
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
PG has not even talked to his agent yet. They have no intention of resigning AK. As much as he's one of my favourite players, PG has to trade AK now and get something for him. Then, I hope AK produces like he can (as have so many players that the Habs practically gave away) and the haters and bigots (that's you Benny and the sheep) can find another Euro to shat on.
The reason he has to go is because he never produces like he can.
He takes way to many games off.
i'd take a heart and soul guy who can score 10-15 goals over a heartless, lazy Ak
any day

Old
02-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I can't believe I'm going to say this but.....

I agree with Michel Bergeron's comments about AK on L'Antichambre the other night.

He made a very good comparison between Halpern and Kostitsyn from the point of vue of the fans.

He basically said he couldn't understand how a checking line player gets all kinds of love/kudos thrown his way, just because he seems to be putting in a larger effort than AK, even when his job is to win a FO or stop the other team from scoring and just couldn't do that.

And with AK people hate on him because "he's lazy" yet he is consistently scoring 20+ goals a season and consistently leading or nearly leading the team in hits all while playing a descent defensive game.
Ak gets hot once in awhile scores 4 or 5 goals and then takes ten games off.
Half or more of his goals comes when the need is not there, rearly gets the big
goals . Time to part ways with him, he had all the chances a guy needed to be
a better player, he failed. He can blame himself!!!

Old
02-23-2012, 03:20 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
So first he says, I'll play next few games and we see? Now He wants to stay here? I'm confused.

I honestly think AK needs to reassess what he really wants, and then toss it out the window until hes a UFA, because whether he wants to stay in MTL or go to Nash is irrelevant at this point. Do you think Gill was pissed when he was traded to Nash? No, but I'm sure he didn't want to leave MTL either.

Also unless your a complete moron you don't say "I want to be traded to team X" while playing for another team, worked out well for Heatley didn't it? oh thats right.

Play the game, and don't focus on what you have no control over.

Old
02-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
He's also constantly juggled from line to line, never played with elite players, asked to be the screen goalie instead of the trigger guy, asked to be the lines presence on the boards, asked to chip the puck in and chase it, etc.

At some point, you have to ask yourself how you're supposed to develop as an offensive player on this team. How about starting with asking them to score goals?

Old
02-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Also unless your a complete moron you don't say "I want to be traded to team X" while playing for another team, worked out well for Heatley didn't it? oh thats right.
He never said this.

Old
02-23-2012, 03:57 PM
PK76

Quote:
goals .
Time to part ways with him, he had all the chances a guy needed to be
He led the team with 6 GWG last year and 3 of his 11 goals this year were GWG too. Just saying...

Old
02-23-2012, 04:23 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzFanatik71 View Post
He led the team with 6 GWG last year and 3 of his 11 goals this year were GWG too. Just saying...
Just put YG in your ignore list. He was the first one on my list and the board is much better without him. Or just stop quoting him so we, the people that has him in our IL, doesnt have to read his crap.

Old
02-23-2012, 04:24 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
I don't get some people. Gomez ufa in 2 years? Gomez is GONE after this year. He is FINISHED in Montreal.
Anyone who thinks Gomez is coming back should give their heads a shake. Gomez a ufa in 2 years is laughable. He's done so please, people stop putting him in mock line ups for next year
Being conservative.

Old
02-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Being conservative.
I don't think a single hockey organization is a big enough joke to pull that one on the fans.

Old
02-23-2012, 04:32 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
I don't think a single hockey organization is a big enough joke to pull that one on the fans.
My original point remains anyway.

Old
02-23-2012, 04:42 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:

Just to add one more point..... everyone talks about how he hits..... I can't believe how BLIND people are. How many of his hits actual cause a turnover or a scoring chance. For a "power forward" how many 1 on 1 battles does this guy win.

My guess after watching him all these years ..Less than 20%!

The guy has NO heart, he doesn't want to get hit along the boards. When HE delivers a check is usually after the puck is gone. Hey, there is nothing wrong with finishing a check, but AK try WINNING a few puck battles and CREATING a scoring chance.

No doubt the guy has a GREAT release, so why does he not work to get open or into a position to get into a good shooting spot? The guy would rather take the puck wide and take a low percentage shot so he doesn't get into the hard areas to take a hit.

People think he will magically blossum somewhere else.... I'll bet that the next place he lands up, he'll be a healthy scratch before a 30 goal scorer.... Book it.

Old
02-23-2012, 04:46 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Just put YG in your ignore list. He was the first one on my list and the board is much better without him. Or just stop quoting him so we, the people that has him in our IL, doesnt have to read his crap.
I thought he made great points and yea, if Bourque doesn't bring it every night with all is phyiscal potential they why not trade him as well. (referring to one of your earlier comments).

Why would you want to keep guys that get approx 20 goals but you just know you can't win with their heart...especially in the playoffs.

Old
02-23-2012, 06:22 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Some people here are unbelievable. They even distort FACTS because how they hate Kostitsyn.

Old
02-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Fuelled by Passion

Amazing! Just amazing. I need more of this, it gives me good laugh.
Every question usually will have 3 possible answers. So let's look into given question.
"Do you wanna go to Smashville to play with your bro?"
1-st possible answer - "No, I wanna stay here"
RDS+haters translation "He is just lazy Russian, don't even wanna start over, bad attitude"
2-nd possible answer - "Yes, it would be nice"
RDS+haters translation "WTF? He has no heart. It was always like that, what a selfish Russian. We gave him everything and he is such a traitor"
3-rd possible answer - "No comment" or just walks away
RDS+haters translation "Doesn't even speak English. To lazy to learn English. Such a dumb Russian, can't even understand the question".
He can't win.
Same question addressed to good Canadian guy or American
1-st possible answer - "No, I wanna stay here"
RDS+haters translation " That's our boy! So much loyalty! Keep it up!"
2-nd possible answer - "Yes, it would be nice"
RDS+haters translation "See? Eventho he wants to be with his brother he plays for us. What a big heart! Keep it up!"
3-rd possible answer - "No comment" or just walks away
RDS+haters translation "What an attitude! Pure professional. He talks on the ice like a pro. Keep it up!"
Can't lose
There are numbers
Played in NHL 377. Goals 99, assists 111, +9. 0.56 points per game. That's a 3-3.5 million guy weather you like it or not Ruutu just got a contact 2 days ago almost 5 mil a year having 0.57 points average, just saying

Old
02-23-2012, 07:37 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Again, I have to lol in a sad way at the suggestion that we should drop a former top ten pick while hoping we can acquire a top ten pick this year. AK has seldom had regular linemates or power play time, and his post-Habs performance may very possibly parallel his brother's. In recent history the Habs have become something of a draft-and-develop service for the league's other 29 teams.

Old
02-23-2012, 07:43 PM
andy28

Kosty has a reasonable cap hit for what he brings. I like that he wants to stay too. At the same time, he could also bring in a decent pick for a team that needs to restock its cupboard.

Old
02-23-2012, 08:08 PM
blueinmtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
i dont usually see him win battles on the boards and come out with the puck- do you?
actually watch his play closely when you can
I do, as close as I can - he certainly isn't why I watch the Habs. He probably wins 30 to max 40% of them, rough guess with no stat backup obviously.

I really think the kid is slowly coming around. The fact that he is even on the boards doing that, or stick-checking guys from behind is a remarkable difference from a year ago.

He won't make or break the team, and maybe there is a lot we don't know about behind closed doors. However he's meshed well with one of our promising players, and despite what some say his effort this season has improved from his career work. I hated this guy but you have to be very biased to not see so.

If the price of resigning him outweighs the trade return, go for it, get him for another 2 years or so.

Old
02-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Physical HABuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post

Just to add one more point..... everyone talks about how he hits..... I can't believe how BLIND people are. How many of his hits actual cause a turnover or a scoring chance. For a "power forward" how many 1 on 1 battles does this guy win.

My guess after watching him all these years ..Less than 20%!

The guy has NO heart, he doesn't want to get hit along the boards. When HE delivers a check is usually after the puck is gone. Hey, there is nothing wrong with finishing a check, but AK try WINNING a few puck battles and CREATING a scoring chance.

No doubt the guy has a GREAT release, so why does he not work to get open or into a position to get into a good shooting spot? The guy would rather take the puck wide and take a low percentage shot so he doesn't get into the hard areas to take a hit.

People think he will magically blossum somewhere else.... I'll bet that the next place he lands up, he'll be a healthy scratch before a 30 goal scorer.... Book it.

I agree with much of your impression. I don't find his shot very effective though. He has a very heavy wrist shot but I find him slow in his wind up. To me it's often well-telegraphed....not quick and deceptive. I may be way off but I've always thought it made him more "defendable".

Old
02-23-2012, 09:06 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Some people here are unbelievable. They even distort FACTS because how they hate Kostitsyn.
The opposite is also true.

Old
02-23-2012, 09:17 PM
yianik

Id rather keep AK, but I know hes going. That being the case I think we need to deal him in the next couple of days because LA was one of the few teams really looking for scoring help and now they are done, dont want the buyers pool on AK to shrink much more.

Old
02-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Don't panic AK lovers.

TSN admitted that they only put him on the deadline list because with the expiring contract it made sense?

Then today on Mitch's show, Pierre McGuire was saying(GM' s names withdrawn) That he wasn't even on any GM's top 15 list's for trade deadline. So looks pretty much like nobody is interested in AK46's services.

Old
02-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Shred

Good asset management would be to sign him, then trade him if needed later. He has value, but probably not too much right now since he hasn't been doing well this season. He'll rebound next year.

Old
02-23-2012, 09:26 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred View Post
Good asset management would be to sign him, then trade him if needed later. He has value, but probably not too much right now since he hasn't been doing well this season. He'll rebound next year.
He'll rebound next year.(Feb.2013)

He'll rebound next year. (Feb. 2014)

He'll rebound next year..........................

Old
02-23-2012, 09:56 PM
Undertakerqc

Cant wait for that lazy bum to be out of Montreal... will be one of the best day of the season when he is gone

Closed Thread