HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VII

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2012, 09:30 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard View Post
I'll tell you this, I am not liking reading the fans of other teams feeling suddenly entitled to Dustin Brown, and instantly wanting to just dump their trash on LA for him.
Ditto.

I've seen one proposal I kinda liked, and that was just because Dubinsky was involved.

EDIT: I think I know why Telos doesn't want to spill it. If he's wrong some people might give him **** about it. Or if its that bad, he doesn't wanna cause a meltdown.

Old
02-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Ditto.

I've seen one proposal I kinda liked, and that was just because Dubinsky was involved.
That's really it, ain't it? There's not a whole hell of a lot out there that tickles the fancy. Maybe we'll see more later, but on a realistic level, the pickings are slim, in a playoff race, who's willing to go all out in trading quality for quality?

Old
02-23-2012, 09:36 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Everyone misunderstood Bobby Mac about Brown and think we have cap issues. He meant that if we took on another higher contract AFTER Carter then Brownie might be the one traded. This is nuts. Almost every thread on the front page of the Trade Rumors board is for Brown for their crap.

Old
02-23-2012, 09:37 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Nah, if TSN hasn't mentioned it yet (and the rumor is supposed to be from the TSN community), then it is best to leave on the sideline. Just, best to be prepared for the worst, and hopefully the deadline passes joyously.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
02-23-2012, 09:42 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Nah, if TSN hasn't mentioned it yet (and the rumor is supposed to be from the TSN community), then it is best to leave on the sideline. Just, best to be prepared for the worst, and hopefully the deadline passes joyously.
So where are you hearing/seeing this? And if its true it must be a brutal deal the way your talking about it.

Old
02-23-2012, 09:44 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Why would you come on waving your flag if you are just not going to say it anyways, best to keep it to yourself instead of keeping people on the edge of their seats. Not cool.

Old
02-23-2012, 09:45 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Never should have mentioned it then, it just stirred everybody up and makes us think the absolute worst. For example, are we getting Randy Jones back?

Old
02-23-2012, 09:47 PM
nikolai19

Quote:
Is it a 1 for 1 deal or Brownie for a few parts?

Old
02-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
The information stays the same. Kings probably aren't done. Brown possibly in play. Just an added, prepare yourselves.

Old
02-23-2012, 09:50 PM
markisonfire

If the Brown proposals are upsetting, then let's just not respond to them anymore. Simple solution.

Players of interest for me: Patrick Sharp, Tomas Vanek, Shane Doan, Evander Kane, Cal Clutterbuck, Kyle Okposo

Old
02-23-2012, 09:56 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Everyone misunderstood Bobby Mac about Brown and think we have cap issues. He meant that if we took on another higher contract AFTER Carter then Brownie might be the one traded. This is nuts. Almost every thread on the front page of the Trade Rumors board is for Brown for their crap.
This is an important note -- you're quite right. Brown is not exactly "on the chopping block" -- no one should believe he'd traded just to get rid of him -- despite what some over-exuberant fans of other teams are hoping.

There would have to be an urgent salary cap issue forcing the hand of the Kings front office for a Brown trade to have any chance of happening.

Old
02-23-2012, 09:58 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

No offense Telos, but this just ain't cool.

Old
02-23-2012, 09:58 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Hey, Pens fan here. Not looking to troll, but I'm really lost about this Brown talk for one reason. Even IF you took one more large contract on, then you could simply send Pancake House to Manchester. He doesn't have a NMC, and that would give you more than enough cap space if you moved Bernier for a higher priced forward (unless it were a Semin $$$ guy).

That said, I know our fans have spent about a dozen pages drooling at the prospect. I'm sure fans of other teams are doing the same. That said, what might you want from the Penguins, leaving aside the usual cast of names we exchange where everyone ends up getting pissed at one another.

I am guessing that right now there are three potential needs:

#1 is a scoring forward if Brown is moved, which is where I'm guessing Bernier comes in.

#2 may or may not be some level of cap relief if say you were using Bernier to acquire Semin and Neuvirth or something like that from Washington.

#3 probably is a defensive upgrade. I'm guessing Voynov gets recalled. BUT, as things stand now, I'm guessing you'd like a guy who can eat 22-24 minutes, be paired with Doughty most of the time, be steadier in his own zone than JJ was, and preferably be a guy who can move the puck.

-- First, is the #3 need a correct assessment?

-- Second, any interest in Orpik or Martin? I know Lombardi went after both guys. Both guys would be better than anything you've got for a #2, I think. Orpik obviously gives you the physicality and the leadership, but he's not a puck mover. Martin gives you the puck movement, but he's having a tougher year in the Pens more wide open system (great last year, great in a few games this year, really great on Tuesday playing 26 minutes with Letang in a shutout of the Rangers).

Anyway, we're discussing a few WHAT IF thoughts . . .

If it was about saving some cap space, then the offer would be Beau Bennett (a legit blue chip prospect who projects to be a playmaking sniper), Tangradi (a partial reclamation project . . . not a bust, but a guy who Bylsma just won't give a chance for more than 5 minutes in a game), and Martin OR Orpik for Brown and Scuderi OR Mitchell.

If it was about a hockey trade where there was no cap issue, then I suppose Bennett + Kennedy + Martin/Orpik for Brown + Scuderi/Mitchell might be preferable.

I used to live in LA. I've always been a Dustin Brown fan. For the life of me, I can't figure out WHY Lombardi would move him unless he's got a monster deal planned for Bernier.

Only other thing I can think of is that he's in Lombardi's doghouse, although I'm not sure why that would be.

Anyway, the deals mentioned above . . . is this in the ballpark? Does it help LA? At the very least, I hope it won't be considered the 'here's our **** for Brown' that I'm sure a lot of fans are offering.

Old
02-23-2012, 09:59 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

I don't know, Mckenzie's quote on twitter was:

Quote:
NHL on TSN panel discusses Carter-Johnson trade and more. Oh, yeah, Dustin Brown is in play
Kinda hard to misinterpret that

Old
02-23-2012, 10:00 PM
Chris43

I don't see why brown would need to be moved for "cap reasons" pending another deal.... dump stoll and penner and that is almost 8 million right there

Old
02-23-2012, 10:00 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Hey, Pens fan here. Not looking to troll, but I'm really lost about this Brown talk for one reason. Even IF you took one more large contract on, then you could simply send Pancake House to Manchester. He doesn't have a NMC, and that would give you more than enough cap space if you moved Bernier for a higher priced forward (unless it were a Semin $$$ guy).

That said, I know our fans have spent about a dozen pages drooling at the prospect. I'm sure fans of other teams are doing the same. That said, what might you want from the Penguins, leaving aside the usual cast of names we exchange where everyone ends up getting pissed at one another.

I am guessing that right now there are three potential needs:

#1 is a scoring forward if Brown is moved, which is where I'm guessing Bernier comes in.

#2 may or may not be some level of cap relief if say you were using Bernier to acquire Semin and Neuvirth or something like that from Washington.

#3 probably is a defensive upgrade. I'm guessing Voynov gets recalled. BUT, as things stand now, I'm guessing you'd like a guy who can eat 22-24 minutes, be paired with Doughty most of the time, be steadier in his own zone than JJ was, and preferably be a guy who can move the puck.

-- First, is the #3 need a correct assessment?

-- Second, any interest in Orpik or Martin? I know Lombardi went after both guys. Both guys would be better than anything you've got for a #2, I think. Orpik obviously gives you the physicality and the leadership, but he's not a puck mover. Martin gives you the puck movement, but he's having a tougher year in the Pens more wide open system (great last year, great in a few games this year, really great on Tuesday playing 26 minutes with Letang in a shutout of the Rangers).

Anyway, we're discussing a few WHAT IF thoughts . . .

If it was about saving some cap space, then the offer would be Beau Bennett (a legit blue chip prospect who projects to be a playmaking sniper), Tangradi (a partial reclamation project . . . not a bust, but a guy who Bylsma just won't give a chance for more than 5 minutes in a game), and Martin OR Orpik for Brown and Scuderi OR Mitchell.

If it was about a hockey trade where there was no cap issue, then I suppose Bennett + Kennedy + Martin/Orpik for Brown + Scuderi/Mitchell might be preferable.

I used to live in LA. I've always been a Dustin Brown fan. For the life of me, I can't figure out WHY Lombardi would move him unless he's got a monster deal planned for Bernier.

Only other thing I can think of is that he's in Lombardi's doghouse, although I'm not sure why that would be.

Anyway, the deals mentioned above . . . is this in the ballpark? Does it help LA? At the very least, I hope it won't be considered the 'here's our **** for Brown' that I'm sure a lot of fans are offering.
Brown and Stoll for Staal.

Old
02-23-2012, 10:02 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
Because they need another center.

Old
02-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

vCash: 69
McKenzie is never wrong guys, he's not Dreger or Matt Barry. This isn't out of left field. Lombardi might be doing this as a mind game.

Old
02-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Calad
Section 422

Rangers fan coming in peace here. Congrats on your acquisition of Carter.

It was shocking news hearing that Dustin Brown is available. He fits right in the Torts mold, what kind of return do you think you guys are looking for for him?

Old
02-23-2012, 10:05 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
I really don't think that Carter will be playing center.

Old
02-23-2012, 10:08 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Honestly, Kopi likes playing along the boards so much, why don't we try him on wing?

Old
02-23-2012, 10:09 PM
KIRK

Quote:
I didn't see the Pens as good trading partners unless the Kings dual interest was in a little cap space and acquiring an actual #2 defenseman. I must have misunderstood. Sorry I wasted my time.

Old
02-23-2012, 10:10 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calad View Post
Rangers fan coming in peace here. Congrats on your acquisition of Carter.

It was shocking news hearing that Dustin Brown is available. He fits right in the Torts mold, what kind of return do you think you guys are looking for for him?
Dubinsky, 1st, +

Quote:
I really don't think that Carter will be playing center.
Nor do I.

Old
02-23-2012, 10:11 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
marc?

Old
02-23-2012, 10:12 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
marc?
I thought he was talking about Pittsburgh?

Closed Thread