HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-23-2012, 09:30 PM
  #151
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Pedro, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard View Post
I'll tell you this, I am not liking reading the fans of other teams feeling suddenly entitled to Dustin Brown, and instantly wanting to just dump their trash on LA for him.
Ditto.

I've seen one proposal I kinda liked, and that was just because Dubinsky was involved.

EDIT: I think I know why Telos doesn't want to spill it. If he's wrong some people might give him **** about it. Or if its that bad, he doesn't wanna cause a meltdown.

KopitarFAN is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:31 PM
  #152
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,719
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Ditto.

I've seen one proposal I kinda liked, and that was just because Dubinsky was involved.
That's really it, ain't it? There's not a whole hell of a lot out there that tickles the fancy. Maybe we'll see more later, but on a realistic level, the pickings are slim, in a playoff race, who's willing to go all out in trading quality for quality?

Live in the Now is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:36 PM
  #153
JBernierFan
Drink up!
 
JBernierFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego
Country: United States
Posts: 3,789
vCash: 500
Everyone misunderstood Bobby Mac about Brown and think we have cap issues. He meant that if we took on another higher contract AFTER Carter then Brownie might be the one traded. This is nuts. Almost every thread on the front page of the Trade Rumors board is for Brown for their crap.

JBernierFan is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:37 PM
  #154
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 27,109
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Nah, if TSN hasn't mentioned it yet (and the rumor is supposed to be from the TSN community), then it is best to leave on the sideline. Just, best to be prepared for the worst, and hopefully the deadline passes joyously.

__________________

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:42 PM
  #155
DAkings20
Kings can't score
 
DAkings20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Valencia, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Nah, if TSN hasn't mentioned it yet (and the rumor is supposed to be from the TSN community), then it is best to leave on the sideline. Just, best to be prepared for the worst, and hopefully the deadline passes joyously.
So where are you hearing/seeing this? And if its true it must be a brutal deal the way your talking about it.

DAkings20 is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:44 PM
  #156
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Nah, if TSN hasn't mentioned it yet (and the rumor is supposed to be from the TSN community), then it is best to leave on the sideline. Just, best to be prepared for the worst, and hopefully the deadline passes joyously.
Why would you come on waving your flag if you are just not going to say it anyways, best to keep it to yourself instead of keeping people on the edge of their seats. Not cool.

KingKopitar11* is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:45 PM
  #157
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs
 
DocWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 10,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Nah, if TSN hasn't mentioned it yet (and the rumor is supposed to be from the TSN community), then it is best to leave on the sideline. Just, best to be prepared for the worst, and hopefully the deadline passes joyously.
Never should have mentioned it then, it just stirred everybody up and makes us think the absolute worst. For example, are we getting Randy Jones back?

DocWest is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:47 PM
  #158
nikolai19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Corona, CA
Country: Belarus
Posts: 2,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Nah, if TSN hasn't mentioned it yet (and the rumor is supposed to be from the TSN community), then it is best to leave on the sideline. Just, best to be prepared for the worst, and hopefully the deadline passes joyously.
Is it a 1 for 1 deal or Brownie for a few parts?

nikolai19 is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:50 PM
  #159
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 27,109
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
The information stays the same. Kings probably aren't done. Brown possibly in play. Just an added, prepare yourselves.

Telos is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:50 PM
  #160
markisonfire
Registered User
 
markisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 4,431
vCash: 500
If the Brown proposals are upsetting, then let's just not respond to them anymore. Simple solution.

Players of interest for me: Patrick Sharp, Tomas Vanek, Shane Doan, Evander Kane, Cal Clutterbuck, Kyle Okposo

markisonfire is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:56 PM
  #161
Willard
Kings All The Way
 
Willard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Just Off Highway 1
Posts: 2,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Everyone misunderstood Bobby Mac about Brown and think we have cap issues. He meant that if we took on another higher contract AFTER Carter then Brownie might be the one traded. This is nuts. Almost every thread on the front page of the Trade Rumors board is for Brown for their crap.
This is an important note -- you're quite right. Brown is not exactly "on the chopping block" -- no one should believe he'd traded just to get rid of him -- despite what some over-exuberant fans of other teams are hoping.

There would have to be an urgent salary cap issue forcing the hand of the Kings front office for a Brown trade to have any chance of happening.

Willard is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:58 PM
  #162
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France
 
savemefromtears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: City of Angels
Country: United States
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 500
No offense Telos, but this just ain't cool.

savemefromtears is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:58 PM
  #163
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 37,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Everyone misunderstood Bobby Mac about Brown and think we have cap issues. He meant that if we took on another higher contract AFTER Carter then Brownie might be the one traded. This is nuts. Almost every thread on the front page of the Trade Rumors board is for Brown for their crap.
Hey, Pens fan here. Not looking to troll, but I'm really lost about this Brown talk for one reason. Even IF you took one more large contract on, then you could simply send Pancake House to Manchester. He doesn't have a NMC, and that would give you more than enough cap space if you moved Bernier for a higher priced forward (unless it were a Semin $$$ guy).

That said, I know our fans have spent about a dozen pages drooling at the prospect. I'm sure fans of other teams are doing the same. That said, what might you want from the Penguins, leaving aside the usual cast of names we exchange where everyone ends up getting pissed at one another.

I am guessing that right now there are three potential needs:

#1 is a scoring forward if Brown is moved, which is where I'm guessing Bernier comes in.

#2 may or may not be some level of cap relief if say you were using Bernier to acquire Semin and Neuvirth or something like that from Washington.

#3 probably is a defensive upgrade. I'm guessing Voynov gets recalled. BUT, as things stand now, I'm guessing you'd like a guy who can eat 22-24 minutes, be paired with Doughty most of the time, be steadier in his own zone than JJ was, and preferably be a guy who can move the puck.

-- First, is the #3 need a correct assessment?

-- Second, any interest in Orpik or Martin? I know Lombardi went after both guys. Both guys would be better than anything you've got for a #2, I think. Orpik obviously gives you the physicality and the leadership, but he's not a puck mover. Martin gives you the puck movement, but he's having a tougher year in the Pens more wide open system (great last year, great in a few games this year, really great on Tuesday playing 26 minutes with Letang in a shutout of the Rangers).

Anyway, we're discussing a few WHAT IF thoughts . . .

If it was about saving some cap space, then the offer would be Beau Bennett (a legit blue chip prospect who projects to be a playmaking sniper), Tangradi (a partial reclamation project . . . not a bust, but a guy who Bylsma just won't give a chance for more than 5 minutes in a game), and Martin OR Orpik for Brown and Scuderi OR Mitchell.

If it was about a hockey trade where there was no cap issue, then I suppose Bennett + Kennedy + Martin/Orpik for Brown + Scuderi/Mitchell might be preferable.

I used to live in LA. I've always been a Dustin Brown fan. For the life of me, I can't figure out WHY Lombardi would move him unless he's got a monster deal planned for Bernier.

Only other thing I can think of is that he's in Lombardi's doghouse, although I'm not sure why that would be.

Anyway, the deals mentioned above . . . is this in the ballpark? Does it help LA? At the very least, I hope it won't be considered the 'here's our **** for Brown' that I'm sure a lot of fans are offering.

KIRK is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:59 PM
  #164
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9
 
ScoreZeGoals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,990
vCash: 500
I don't know, Mckenzie's quote on twitter was:

Quote:
NHL on TSN panel discusses Carter-Johnson trade and more. Oh, yeah, Dustin Brown is in play
Kinda hard to misinterpret that

ScoreZeGoals is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 10:00 PM
  #165
Chris43
Registered User
 
Chris43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 507
vCash: 500
I don't see why brown would need to be moved for "cap reasons" pending another deal.... dump stoll and penner and that is almost 8 million right there

Chris43 is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 10:00 PM
  #166
markisonfire
Registered User
 
markisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 4,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Hey, Pens fan here. Not looking to troll, but I'm really lost about this Brown talk for one reason. Even IF you took one more large contract on, then you could simply send Pancake House to Manchester. He doesn't have a NMC, and that would give you more than enough cap space if you moved Bernier for a higher priced forward (unless it were a Semin $$$ guy).

That said, I know our fans have spent about a dozen pages drooling at the prospect. I'm sure fans of other teams are doing the same. That said, what might you want from the Penguins, leaving aside the usual cast of names we exchange where everyone ends up getting pissed at one another.

I am guessing that right now there are three potential needs:

#1 is a scoring forward if Brown is moved, which is where I'm guessing Bernier comes in.

#2 may or may not be some level of cap relief if say you were using Bernier to acquire Semin and Neuvirth or something like that from Washington.

#3 probably is a defensive upgrade. I'm guessing Voynov gets recalled. BUT, as things stand now, I'm guessing you'd like a guy who can eat 22-24 minutes, be paired with Doughty most of the time, be steadier in his own zone than JJ was, and preferably be a guy who can move the puck.

-- First, is the #3 need a correct assessment?

-- Second, any interest in Orpik or Martin? I know Lombardi went after both guys. Both guys would be better than anything you've got for a #2, I think. Orpik obviously gives you the physicality and the leadership, but he's not a puck mover. Martin gives you the puck movement, but he's having a tougher year in the Pens more wide open system (great last year, great in a few games this year, really great on Tuesday playing 26 minutes with Letang in a shutout of the Rangers).

Anyway, we're discussing a few WHAT IF thoughts . . .

If it was about saving some cap space, then the offer would be Beau Bennett (a legit blue chip prospect who projects to be a playmaking sniper), Tangradi (a partial reclamation project . . . not a bust, but a guy who Bylsma just won't give a chance for more than 5 minutes in a game), and Martin OR Orpik for Brown and Scuderi OR Mitchell.

If it was about a hockey trade where there was no cap issue, then I suppose Bennett + Kennedy + Martin/Orpik for Brown + Scuderi/Mitchell might be preferable.

I used to live in LA. I've always been a Dustin Brown fan. For the life of me, I can't figure out WHY Lombardi would move him unless he's got a monster deal planned for Bernier.

Only other thing I can think of is that he's in Lombardi's doghouse, although I'm not sure why that would be.

Anyway, the deals mentioned above . . . is this in the ballpark? Does it help LA? At the very least, I hope it won't be considered the 'here's our **** for Brown' that I'm sure a lot of fans are offering.
Brown and Stoll for Staal.

markisonfire is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 10:02 PM
  #167
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Pedro, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
Brown and Stoll for Staal.
Because they need another center.

KopitarFAN is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 10:03 PM
  #168
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian
 
Boba Fettuccine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Location,Location
Posts: 30,131
vCash: 69
McKenzie is never wrong guys, he's not Dreger or Matt Barry. This isn't out of left field. Lombardi might be doing this as a mind game.

Boba Fettuccine is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 10:04 PM
  #169
Calad
Section 422
 
Calad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,224
vCash: 500
Rangers fan coming in peace here. Congrats on your acquisition of Carter.

It was shocking news hearing that Dustin Brown is available. He fits right in the Torts mold, what kind of return do you think you guys are looking for for him?

Calad is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 10:05 PM
  #170
markisonfire
Registered User
 
markisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 4,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Because they need another center.
I really don't think that Carter will be playing center.

markisonfire is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 10:08 PM
  #171
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9
 
ScoreZeGoals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,990
vCash: 500
Honestly, Kopi likes playing along the boards so much, why don't we try him on wing?

ScoreZeGoals is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 10:09 PM
  #172
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 37,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
Brown and Stoll for Staal.
I didn't see the Pens as good trading partners unless the Kings dual interest was in a little cap space and acquiring an actual #2 defenseman. I must have misunderstood. Sorry I wasted my time.

KIRK is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 10:10 PM
  #173
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Pedro, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calad View Post
Rangers fan coming in peace here. Congrats on your acquisition of Carter.

It was shocking news hearing that Dustin Brown is available. He fits right in the Torts mold, what kind of return do you think you guys are looking for for him?
Dubinsky, 1st, +

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
I really don't think that Carter will be playing center.
Nor do I.

KopitarFAN is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 10:11 PM
  #174
bobafettish*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Because they need another center.
marc?

bobafettish* is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 10:12 PM
  #175
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Pedro, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
marc?
I thought he was talking about Pittsburgh?

KopitarFAN is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.