HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VII

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2012, 10:14 PM
bobafettish*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
I thought he was talking about Pittsburgh?
i dont know which staal he was referring to but i would do brown for marc. he would be a good replacement mitchell.

Old
02-23-2012, 10:15 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Sorry I wasted my time.
Well, seriously here. I wasn't trying to be annoying. The Kings' defense is still in great shape with Doughty, Mitchell, Scuderi, Greene, Martinez, and Voynov. The Kings STILL need a top six winger and they need a big, skilled bottom six player.

Don't forget that Brown is our captain and a 30 goal scorer. Sending Stoll was to offset salary and to replace Staal for the rest of this year. The Kings aren't trading Brown simply to trade him. He is our second or third best player, a physical, scoring winger. The only reason he will be traded is if Lombardi no longer sees him as the leader of this team.

I don't think there is a realistic trade between the Penguins and Kings for Brown; he will be traded for a winger of his caliber.

The best proposal I've seen was Brown+ for JVR and Voracek, but I doubt Philly would be inclined to do that.

Old
02-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears View Post
No offense Telos, but this just ain't cool.
Seriously.

Old
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calad View Post
Rangers fan coming in peace here. Congrats on your acquisition of Carter.

It was shocking news hearing that Dustin Brown is available. He fits right in the Torts mold, what kind of return do you think you guys are looking for for him?
It shocks us too.

Such a trade would only be made in order to solve some sort of a salary cap emergency which as of now, has not yet materialized.

As far as a return? It would have to be a stupendous young player with a tiny salary, whoever that might be. Otherwise I still have a hard time believing Brown will be moved.

Old
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
i dont know which staal he was referring to but i would do brown for marc. he would be a good replacement mitchell.
That brings up something different entirely.

Brown and any defender besides Doughty for Staal and Dubinsky? Something along those lines?

Old
02-23-2012, 10:20 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
Well, seriously here. I wasn't trying to be annoying. The Kings defense is still in great shape with Doughty, Mitchell, Scuderi, Greene, Martinez, and Voynov. The Kings STILL need a top six winger and they need a big, skilled bottom six player.

Don't forget that Brown is our captain and a 30 goal scorer. Sending Stoll was to offset salary and to replace Staal for the rest of this year. The Kings aren't trading Brown simply to trade him. He is our second or third best player, a physical, scoring winger. The only reason he will be traded is if Lombardi no longer sees him as the leader of this team.

I don't think there is a realistic trade between the Penguins and Kings for Brown; he will be traded for a winger of his caliber.

The best proposal I've seen was Brown+ for JVR and Voracek, but I doubt Philly would be inclined to do that.
Hey, no problem. It's that time of year when Pens fans get the Staal stuff. You could have said 'defense fine, have other needs' like you did here.

Frankly, as I said, I don't get WHY Lombardi would trade Brown.

On the other hand, I'm not sure how much I'd love that defense going into the playoffs: Scuderi/Mitchell/Greene all are #4's. Like Martinez, but he's young and struggles at times defensively. Love Voynov, but it's tough as a rookie as you go deeper into the playoffs (I remember Letang as a rookie in the 2008 playoffs).

That's really why I mentioned Orpik/Martin, not to dump **** on you or to try to 'steal' Brown, but instead because I think your D, as it stands now, might have some issues in the playoffs.

Old
02-23-2012, 10:23 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Hey, no problem. It's that time of year when Pens fans get the Staal stuff. You could have said 'defense fine, have other needs' like you did here.

Frankly, as I said, I don't get WHY Lombardi would trade Brown.

On the other hand, I'm not sure how much I'd love that defense going into the playoffs: Scuderi/Mitchell/Greene all are #4's. Like Martinez, but he's young and struggles at times defensively. Love Voynov, but it's tough as a rookie as you go deeper into the playoffs (I remember Letang as a rookie in the 2008 playoffs).

That's really why I mentioned Orpik/Martin, not to dump **** on you or to try to 'steal' Brown, but instead because I think your D, as it stands now, might have some issues in the playoffs.
Mitchell has played like a SOLID #2 his entire tenure here and has been the best defender on the ice many nights this season. It is a bit scary to have a rookie on your second pairing, but Voynov's positioning is great and he has the foot speed to make up for any errors that he makes.

Old
02-23-2012, 10:24 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

I think if we can Parise will be a really good pickup in a trade. He will help for the rest of the season. I also think it's easier to resign a player if they are on the team. I believe if we would have traded for Richards at the deadline, he would have signed with us and I feel the same about Parise.

Old
02-23-2012, 10:26 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi11 View Post
I think if we can Parise will be a really good pickup in a trade. He will help for the rest of the season. I also think it's easier to resign a player if they are on the team. I believe if we would have traded for Richards at the deadline, he would have signed with us and I feel the same about Parise.
Parise isn't getting traded

Old
02-23-2012, 10:26 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
Mitchell has played like a SOLID #2 his entire tenure here and has been the best defender on the ice many nights this season. It is a bit scary to have a rookie on your second pairing, but Voynov's positioning is great and he has the foot speed to make up for any errors that he makes.
Fair enough. It's a risk on both counts, especially in the playoffs. Then again, the offensive upgrade can help to trump that. Good luck.

Old
02-23-2012, 10:28 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

There's no point to wonder

Old
02-23-2012, 10:37 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

It is now very likely that Penner is going to the Leafs, again.

Or at least as of 8:30 tonight but I have heard this before.

Old
02-23-2012, 10:39 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post

Doesn't matter where, just leaave.

Old
02-23-2012, 10:40 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:

For a conditional 7th in the 2020 draft?

Old
02-23-2012, 10:41 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 1015
Quote:

OMG Penner + Conditional for Kessel? Get outta here!!!!!11!!1

Old
02-23-2012, 10:42 PM
kingsfan25

I have to imagine Dean will do something to address the third and fourth lines. I don't hate all of the players down there; I think a lot of the guys we've been lambasting on these boards are primarily victims of the utter drudgery that's infected the entire roster, not to mention unfair expectations given their capabilities/development levels.

But the fact remains they're a collection of spare parts as opposed to two cohesive units. That absolutely will not do for a playoff run. Adding an Okposo-type (for instance) could go a long way to putting everyone in the right role and getting the most out of guys like Lokti, Lewis, Clifford and yes, even Richardson.

Old
02-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugold View Post
OMG Penner + Conditional for Kessel? Get outta here!!!!!11!!1
Imagine hfvboards.

****, imagine, toronto.

Old
02-23-2012, 10:43 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:

What do you speculate we will get back?

Old
02-23-2012, 10:44 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Feel bad for Brownie. Can't be easy reading and hearing all the trade rumors about him.

Here's a guy who became our captain and took a hometown discount and now he's on the trading block apparently.

Not saying it's wrong, but why would anyone (JQ) consider a hometown discount here?

Old
02-23-2012, 10:50 PM
Brad Doty
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
This place will be interesting to read if Brown is traded.

Brown is kind of like the girlfriend you are with forever, you ***** and moan to your friends about her, say you are done with her and then when it does finally end you kind of realize how much you miss her.

That being said, if management is committed to Dumbo for another season regardless of playoff performance, I wouldn't have a problem with unloading Brown. I like him as a player, but this room may need a massive shake-up. And dealing the captain could do that. But we need someone significant coming back, someone who scores more than Brown. Because not many other players provide the type of intangibles he does.
I know this is a page back, but I love this analogy

I get the feeling, though, that if he's moved, it's for internal reasons and we get jack **** back while he goes home to NYR or Buffalo.

Old
02-23-2012, 10:55 PM
bobafettish*

i was thinking brown + bernier for sharp?

Old
02-23-2012, 10:57 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
i was thinking brown + bernier for sharp?
With Crawford, I don't see the Hawks being interested in another young goaltender.

Old
02-23-2012, 10:58 PM
Knight of the Realm
champs no more!

would think la might want a mini nicholls kind of deal for brown if they move him.

not buying salary dump at all.

Old
02-23-2012, 10:59 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Geez. McKenzie won't let it go. Please no >.<

Quote:
@TSNBobMcKenzie
Just to be clear, is LA captain Dustin Brown in play? As in being shopped? Yes, absolutely. But that doesn't mean he's guaranteed to move.
Quote:
LAK will decide based on quality of offers. But given considerable interest from multiple teams, decent chance he moves. #TradeCentre #tsn
Quote:
We'll talk tomorrow about the "why" of Kings considering a regime/culture change by possibly moving their captain. G'night.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter

Last edited by Telos: 02-23-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old
02-23-2012, 11:00 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

McKenzie doesn't BS around, I believe it until Brown is off the table.

Closed Thread