HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VII

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2012, 01:39 AM
theMajor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
This isn't the Los Angeles Dustin Browns
how awesome would that be if the entire team was composed of Dustin Browns?

Old
02-24-2012, 01:40 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

If there's anything about Dean, it's an eye for an eye. The team wanted a new coach. He fired Murray and told the team and the team leaders they got what they wanted - theyd better produce. The team and leadership laid an egg, so the team gets a shake-up. Not surprising at all and they've been playing like it's inevitable, which is another leadership disappointment. Dean's just following through.

The Cs and As need a bit of a shuffle.

Old
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Washington View Post
^^
Come on now, Kopi is THE guy for this team until Quick resigns or Doughty starts to play consistently great. Kopitar will regain form soon enough, the whole team is struggling.
Oh no I am TOTALLY with you on this Leo.

My point is, if someone comes calling for Kopitar, I wouldn't turn them down immediately at this point just because he is Kopitar.

Old
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
At this point, I honestly wouldn't be tuning out ANY trade proposals around any players on the team unless they are named Quick, Carter, Richards, or Doughty. (And in my personal opinion Williams)

Yes, even Kopitar. If you can trade any of these guys to make the current team better, then you should.

Guys like Brown and Kopitar have had a lot of time int his organization...at the head of things to make an impact, be a difference maker, and put the team on their shoulders..and they haven't delivered.
Yeah? So Brown and Kopitar haven't delivered and Williams, Richards and Doughty have? Can you elaborate on that?

Old
02-24-2012, 01:41 AM
cheap77
Go Kings!

Please trade Brown if it's for a good offer on deadline day when teams are desperate.

Old
02-24-2012, 01:44 AM
BallPointHammer
Franchise Enforcer

First Johnson. Now Brown. GOOD!

I admit I've been wrong headed with both of them. Both are over-rated. Both can be impressive, but are bone heads way too often. Brown should have never been captain. And I don't give a damn about all the off ice bs. He takes runs at people at the expense of making the right play. That stupid dipsey-doodle-between-the-legs-with-the-puck move he does all the time has worked maybe twice in three years. His trade value will never be higher. DO IT NOW! Get a dynamic young winger with talent and hockey sense.

Sign Quick and Mitchell to extensions.

Make Mitchell the new captain and give Kopitar's "A" to Williams.
Mitchell C / Williams A / Greene A

Use Bernier for trade at draft - get another dynamic young winger with talent and hockey sense.

Good inexpensive back up goalies are available every summer.

Old
02-24-2012, 01:46 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
If there's anything about Dean, it's an eye for an eye. The team wanted a new coach. He fired Murray and told the team and the team leaders they got what they wanted - theyd better produce. The team and leadership laid an egg, so the team gets a shake-up. Not surprising at all and they've been playing like it's inevitable, which is another leadership disappointment. Dean's just following through.

The Cs and As need a bit of a shuffle.
Very astute observation Tony. Forgot about that meeting when Murray got canned, Dean told them its on the players from that point on.

I hope Brown gets traded to Buffalo for Pom, but it was interesting to hear Dean say in today's media conference call about any more trades on the horizon.

Quote:
LOMBARDI: “I don’t think you ever stop doing your job, as far as being in the market. But in terms of looking at everything we have looked at, I think we’re pretty much… Right now, I have absolutely nothing. But you never know. But your definition of `active,’ yes, you’ll still be doing your job. But I have absolutely nothing, but we’ll see.”

Old
02-24-2012, 01:46 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
Yeah? So Brown and Kopitar haven't delivered and Williams, Richards and Doughty have? Can you elaborate on that?
No prob, and this is JUST ME...and what I see in game.

I more often then not NOTICE...Williams, and Richards. They may not be scoring but the guys look, and play like they care. They're in hard on the forecheck, they buzz around the net...they are never just floating ya know?

Too many games, it's been the 3rd period of a tight one...and I hear Kopitar or Browns name called and I say to myself, "Holy **** that is the first time I have heard their name ALL NIGHT."

Too many times they just look like they float. Both of them.

and the logic on Doughty...we just committed to the guy this offseason for a significant amount, I think he needs a little more time to become a huge impact. And he has played pretty well under Sutter.

Again this is just my own personal views on the game and I know many would disagree with that and that's understandable. I just always feel like the effort and tenacity is there with Williams and Richards. Brown and Kopitar....not so much.

Old
02-24-2012, 01:52 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
I hope Brown gets traded to Buffalo for Pom, but it was interesting to hear Dean say in today's media conference call about any more trades on the horizon.
Rule #1. Dean is as literal as they come once you peel away the rambling layers.
Rule #2. Dean says nothing accidentally.

"right now, I have absolutely nothing" = "right now" are the key words there. He would have left those off that sentence if they weren't necessary.

Old
02-24-2012, 01:53 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Rule #1. Dean is as literal as they come once you peel away the rambling layers.

"right now, I have absolutely nothing" = "right now" are the key words there. He would have left those off that sentence if they weren't necessary.
Which means 20 minutes later he might have had something

Old
02-24-2012, 01:59 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
If Brown is dealt, obviously we need wingers and more wingers, so hopefully he is broken up into two very good depth pieces.

Also, I just have this painful feeling that we are going to go after Suter or Weber in the offseason, particularly Suter. Just a hunch, but instead of trying for $7.5 with Parise, he does it with Weber or Suter. This is Lombardi we are talking about here and he wants that Pronger-Niedermeyer combo on the back end.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
02-24-2012, 02:00 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:

Whenever Dean speaks, I try reading between the lines and honestly thought the same thing you brought up. He doesn't have anything....being offered to him at the time he spoke and I guess tonight his phone has been blowing up tonight about some players on the roster as Bobby Mac reported.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:01 AM
bobafettish*

might as well go all in brown + for iginla.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:02 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMajor View Post
how awesome would that be if the entire team was composed of Dustin Browns?
I would kill myself..... or at least never watch a game. Toe drags galore!

Old
02-24-2012, 02:03 AM
Leo W

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
might as well go all in brown + for iginla.
I'd **** myself.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:06 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I was just getting used to the idea of having 3 of the 2003 1st round forwards on the team too

Old
02-24-2012, 02:06 AM
DontgoZiggy

I wonder if the Islanders would do a Brown for Okposo/Grabner + Neiderreiter/ Kabanov. It would give us a bit more wing depth, Lombardi must be pining for draft picks this year though.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:07 AM
timmeh

Still think moving JJ was a mistake. Moving Brown will be even bigger mistake.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:07 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontgoZiggy View Post
I wonder if the Islanders would do a Brown for Okposo/Grabner + Neiderreiter/ Kabanov. It would give us a bit more wing depth, Lombardi must be pining for draft picks this year though.
I'd give anything to get Neiderreiter in that deal. Okposo/Grabner + Neids would be godly. They are destroying this kid, he's very special. Probably needs some more development, but he could really develop into a top 3 forward.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:08 AM
Leo W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I'd give anything to get Neiderreiter in that deal. Okposo/Grabner + Neids would be godly.
I think that's a pretty ridiculous pipe dream of a trade.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:10 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmeh View Post
Still think moving JJ was a mistake. Moving Brown will be even bigger mistake.
I was sad to see JJ go, time will tell if it was a mistake.

That being said, how will trading Brown be a bigger mistake? Where has his leadership gotten us?

Old
02-24-2012, 02:10 AM
Eamonn*

MacArthur, Kadri + 3rd for Brown + Penner?

Any interest Kings fans?

Old
02-24-2012, 02:12 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eamonn View Post

Any interest Kings fans?
It's not horrible, though I would want Kulemin instead of MacArthur. I would even drop the pick and just make it Kulemin + Kadri for Brown + Penner.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:16 AM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eamonn View Post

Any interest Kings fans?
That one's close, I would almost pull the trigger on that. Not sure. If we're definitely trading Brown, which I'm against, then that is a package I can live with. Maybe make the 3rd a 2nd.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:17 AM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I'd give anything to get Neiderreiter in that deal. Okposo/Grabner + Neids would be godly. They are destroying this kid, he's very special. Probably needs some more development, but he could really develop into a top 3 forward.
I would do Brown and Greene for Okposo and Neiderreiter. Then try to get Brad Stuart out of Detroit to replace Greene.

Carter - Richards - Williams
Neiderreiter - Kopitar - Okposo

Scuderi - Doughty
Mitchell - Voynov
Martinez - Stuart

I would also be very open to trading Brown for Pominville.

Carter - Richards - Williams
King - Kopitar - Pominville

I think I like the Pominville top six better to be honest.

Closed Thread