HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2012, 02:19 AM
  #301
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,857
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
I think some people here are underestimating Brown's trade value. There are more than a few GMs who would drool over adding Brown to their roster.

It's pretty obvious that Brown is on his way out. McKenzie doesn't fabricate.




Come on now. Turn down the hyperbole knob.
No hyperbole here, I stand by my word. To me it's one step forward, one step back. Same **** that has plagued this franchise from the get go.

I'm a big supporter of dealing anyone for the right price but unless someone massively overlays for Brown I just don't see how it'd be making the team better.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:21 AM
  #302
markisonfire
Registered User
 
markisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 3,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
No hyperbole here, I stand by my word. To me it's one step forward, one step back. Same **** that has plagued this franchise from the get go.

I'm a big supporter of dealing anyone for the right price but unless someone massively overlays for Brown I just don't see how it'd be making the team better.
Still a pretty silly statement.

With multiple teams bidding for Brown... why would Lombardi give him up for anything less than an overpayment?

If Mckenzie and Hammond are both reporting that Brown is available... he'll probably be moved. That's all I'm going to say. Unless this is some strange way of attempting to get Brown's ass in gear.

markisonfire is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:22 AM
  #303
Cook24
Registered User
 
Cook24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chino, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,023
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Wait...trade Brown? The guy with a 3.2Mil cap hit until the summer of 2014? The guy who is one of the top hitters in the league and puts up 50+ points? Makes a ton of sense.

Cook24 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:23 AM
  #304
King Richards
Dry Island II
 
King Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 823
vCash: 500
BUF is not trading Pominville for Brown. We don't like it when people made unrealistic trade proposals at us, so let's not insult them here.

King Richards is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:24 AM
  #305
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,857
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
Still a pretty silly statement.

With multiple teams bidding for Brown... why would Lombardi give him up for anything less than an overpayment?

If Mckenzie and Hammond are both reporting that Brown is available... he'll probably be moved. That's all I'm going to say. Unless this is some strange way of attempting to get Brown's ass in gear.
Silly or not, the Reaper is done.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:25 AM
  #306
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Silly or not, the Reaper is done.
I guess I just don't understand the sentiment of being a fan of a player over being a fan of the team...

Chazz Reinhold is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:31 AM
  #307
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs
 
DocWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,061
vCash: 500
At this point, Brown almost has to be traded. With his name being dragged through the press like that, it's not going to give him much faith in the organization if they end up keeping him in the end. The Kings better get a lot back in return. That or a blockbuster. Anything else and Dean can go **** himself.

I will miss Brown's dives most of all.

DocWest is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:32 AM
  #308
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast
 
Seventyx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Norcal
Country: United States
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
At this point, Brown almost has to be traded. With his name being dragged through the press like that, it's not going to give him much faith in the organization if they end up keeping him in the end. The Kings better get a lot back in return. That or a blockbuster. Anything else and Dean can go **** himself.


It better not happen unless the return is ridiculous.

Seventyx7 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:34 AM
  #309
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,857
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
I guess I just don't understand the sentiment of being a fan of a player over being a fan of the team...
You're missing the point. I'm not a Dustin Brown fan first and foremost. I'm a Kings fan and have been for 29 years. I'm just tired of this team taking a step forward only to turn around and take two back.


Last edited by Chazz Reinhold: 02-24-2012 at 02:48 AM. Reason: removed inflammatory quote and resonse
Reaper45 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:37 AM
  #310
DryIslandBartender
KCCO
 
DryIslandBartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
At this point, Brown almost has to be traded. With his name being dragged through the press like that, it's not going to give him much faith in the organization if they end up keeping him in the end. The Kings better get a lot back in return. That or a blockbuster. Anything else and Dean can go **** himself.

I will miss Brown's dives most of all.
I don't think Brown has been playing like he has faith in the org lately, he's good as gone at this point.

This is now Richies team.

DryIslandBartender is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:40 AM
  #311
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast
 
Seventyx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Norcal
Country: United States
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
I don't think Brown has been playing like he has faith in the org lately, he's good as gone at this point.

This is now Richies team.
What does that even mean? He's had a rough year just like everyone else. Sutter called him out and he's stepped up the last couple games.

Seventyx7 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:43 AM
  #312
timmeh
Registered User
 
timmeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
If Brown is dealt, obviously we need wingers and more wingers, so hopefully he is broken up into two very good depth pieces.

Also, I just have this painful feeling that we are going to go after Suter or Weber in the offseason, particularly Suter. Just a hunch, but instead of trying for $7.5 with Parise, he does it with Weber or Suter. This is Lombardi we are talking about here and he wants that Pronger-Niedermeyer combo on the back end.
I'm hoping Suter is the one we're going for then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
I was sad to see JJ go, time will tell if it was a mistake.


That being said, how will trading Brown be a bigger mistake? Where has his leadership gotten us?
I imagine stripping Brown of the C might look bad. But I don't see how Brown's leadership(or lack thereof) is the reason this team hasn't had any success in the playoffs. He's great for what he costs and I'd hate for this team to go soft.

timmeh is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:44 AM
  #313
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
You're missing the point. I'm not a Dustin Brown fan first and foremost. I'm a Kings fan and have been for 29 years. I'm just tired of this team taking a step forward only to turn around and take two back.
You don't know for a fact that it would be two steps back. If it makes the team better, what's the issue? It's not like Brown has been part of something special with this team. They've been pretty damn stagnant (I'd say they've even regressed) over the past two seasons. Maybe this team needs a different direction.

If Brown is traded it doesn't automatically represent two steps back.

Chazz Reinhold is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:45 AM
  #314
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 32,250
vCash: 500
The Kings have traded better players than Dustin Brown. If the Kings can improve as a result of trading anyone on the roster, then by all means, go for it. If the Flyers offered JVR and Matt Read, two young top six forwards who can make an immediate impact, for one Dustin Brown, then it is a trade you have to strongly consider.

Ziggy Stardust is online now  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:47 AM
  #315
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,384
vCash: 500
Man if Suter is the return I soooooooo make that Deal. Altough I can't see Dean trading Brown unless a Forward of similar value and production coming back.

damacles1156 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:47 AM
  #316
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast
 
Seventyx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Norcal
Country: United States
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
You're missing the point. I'm not a Dustin Brown fan first and foremost. I'm a Kings fan and have been for 29 years. I'm just tired of this team taking a step forward only to turn around and take two back.
I'm with you. Not going to say I'm done with this team, but I will be extremely disappointed if Brown is traded for anything less than a ridiculous return.

Seventyx7 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:48 AM
  #317
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The Kings have traded better players than Dustin Brown. If the Kings can improve as a result of trading anyone on the roster, then by all means, go for it. If the Flyers offered JVR and Matt Read, two young top six forwards who can make an immediate impact, for one Dustin Brown, then it is a trade you have to strongly consider.
This as well.

That would give the Kings one hell of a shakeup/wake up.

And two very good young Forwards.

The core got challenged, when Murray was fired and Sutter called them out. They did not respond, that Loss against Colorado really must have piss$%^ some Higher ups off.

Brown played well, but sadly Kopitar/Brown/Drew/Richards need to take over games. That is not happening.

It's a Sellers market, They floated his name and half the League came calling. You have to listen to offers.


Last edited by damacles1156: 02-24-2012 at 02:54 AM.
damacles1156 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:53 AM
  #318
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9
 
ScoreZeGoals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Man if Suter is the return I soooooooo make that Deal. Altough I can't see Dean trading Brown unless a Forward of similar value and production coming back.
You would trade Brown for a guy who is going to be a UFA?

ScoreZeGoals is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:54 AM
  #319
SFKingshomer
Registered User
 
SFKingshomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 5,165
vCash: 500
Suter would be awesome

SFKingshomer is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:56 AM
  #320
Winger23
Registered User
 
Winger23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,744
vCash: 500
IMO huge mistake if you move brown. He is not a bad 2nd line winger if he's the "3rd" option on that line. The Kings can still create a package of Bernier + for one more winger to fill out the top 6.

Williams
Kopitar
Richards
Carter
Brown
(missing Winger)



The Kings are still strong on defense (some will argue stronger). They just need a system adjustment. There is absolutely no reason, with having 2 of the best 2 way centers in the game with Richards and Kopi that the Kings can not open up the offense more and get hurt too bad defensively.

Winger23 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:57 AM
  #321
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
You would trade Brown for a guy who is going to be a UFA?
People make too much out of UFA status. Can you give samples of A guy like Suter being traded at the Deadline (and not signing with the team he was traded too)?

I can't think of any....

damacles1156 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:58 AM
  #322
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
IMO huge mistake if you move brown. He is not a bad 2nd line winger if he's the "3rd" option on that line. The Kings can still create a package of Bernier + for one more winger to fill out the top 6.

Williams
Kopitar
Richards
Carter
Brown
(missing Winger)



The Kings are still strong on defense (some will argue stronger). They just need a system adjustment. There is absolutely no reason, with having 2 of the best 2 way centers in the game with Richards and Kopi that the Kings can not open up the offense more and get hurt too bad defensively.

I am convinced the League doesn't value Bernier at all. Columbus needs a Goalie in the worst way, They picked a proven NHLer over him in Jack.

Tampa would be the only other team interested, I don't see Stevie Y giving up a Top six Forward for him.

damacles1156 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:59 AM
  #323
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent
 
xavi4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,343
vCash: 500
Brown is a major part of this teams problem. Either Kopitar or him needs to be moved to send a message to the players. I know most of you love the hits and the goofy smile, but Dustin Brown still lacks hockey sense and leadership skills. The truth hurts.

xavi4life is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:59 AM
  #324
SFKingshomer
Registered User
 
SFKingshomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 5,165
vCash: 500
Suter/Doughty
Scuderi/Voynov
Martinez or Hickey/Greene

SFKingshomer is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:59 AM
  #325
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Also, I just have this painful feeling that we are going to go after Suter or Weber in the offseason, particularly Suter. Just a hunch, but instead of trying for $7.5 with Parise, he does it with Weber or Suter. This is Lombardi we are talking about here and he wants that Pronger-Niedermeyer combo on the back end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmeh View Post
I'm hoping Suter is the one we're going for then.
That would be quite the incentive for Quick to re-sign, eh?

RonSwanson* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.