HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VII

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2012, 02:19 AM
Reaper45

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
I think some people here are underestimating Brown's trade value. There are more than a few GMs who would drool over adding Brown to their roster.

It's pretty obvious that Brown is on his way out. McKenzie doesn't fabricate.

Come on now. Turn down the hyperbole knob.
No hyperbole here, I stand by my word. To me it's one step forward, one step back. Same **** that has plagued this franchise from the get go.

I'm a big supporter of dealing anyone for the right price but unless someone massively overlays for Brown I just don't see how it'd be making the team better.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:21 AM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
No hyperbole here, I stand by my word. To me it's one step forward, one step back. Same **** that has plagued this franchise from the get go.

I'm a big supporter of dealing anyone for the right price but unless someone massively overlays for Brown I just don't see how it'd be making the team better.
Still a pretty silly statement.

With multiple teams bidding for Brown... why would Lombardi give him up for anything less than an overpayment?

If Mckenzie and Hammond are both reporting that Brown is available... he'll probably be moved. That's all I'm going to say. Unless this is some strange way of attempting to get Brown's ass in gear.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:22 AM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Wait...trade Brown? The guy with a 3.2Mil cap hit until the summer of 2014? The guy who is one of the top hitters in the league and puts up 50+ points? Makes a ton of sense.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:23 AM
King Richards
Dry Island II

BUF is not trading Pominville for Brown. We don't like it when people made unrealistic trade proposals at us, so let's not insult them here.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:24 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
Still a pretty silly statement.

With multiple teams bidding for Brown... why would Lombardi give him up for anything less than an overpayment?

If Mckenzie and Hammond are both reporting that Brown is available... he'll probably be moved. That's all I'm going to say. Unless this is some strange way of attempting to get Brown's ass in gear.
Silly or not, the Reaper is done.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:25 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Silly or not, the Reaper is done.
I guess I just don't understand the sentiment of being a fan of a player over being a fan of the team...

Old
02-24-2012, 02:31 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

At this point, Brown almost has to be traded. With his name being dragged through the press like that, it's not going to give him much faith in the organization if they end up keeping him in the end. The Kings better get a lot back in return. That or a blockbuster. Anything else and Dean can go **** himself.

I will miss Brown's dives most of all.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:32 AM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
At this point, Brown almost has to be traded. With his name being dragged through the press like that, it's not going to give him much faith in the organization if they end up keeping him in the end. The Kings better get a lot back in return. That or a blockbuster. Anything else and Dean can go **** himself.

It better not happen unless the return is ridiculous.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:34 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
I guess I just don't understand the sentiment of being a fan of a player over being a fan of the team...
You're missing the point. I'm not a Dustin Brown fan first and foremost. I'm a Kings fan and have been for 29 years. I'm just tired of this team taking a step forward only to turn around and take two back.

Last edited by Chazz Reinhold: 02-24-2012 at 02:48 AM. Reason: removed inflammatory quote and resonse
Old
02-24-2012, 02:37 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post

I will miss Brown's dives most of all.
I don't think Brown has been playing like he has faith in the org lately, he's good as gone at this point.

This is now Richies team.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:40 AM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
I don't think Brown has been playing like he has faith in the org lately, he's good as gone at this point.

This is now Richies team.
What does that even mean? He's had a rough year just like everyone else. Sutter called him out and he's stepped up the last couple games.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:43 AM
timmeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
If Brown is dealt, obviously we need wingers and more wingers, so hopefully he is broken up into two very good depth pieces.

Also, I just have this painful feeling that we are going to go after Suter or Weber in the offseason, particularly Suter. Just a hunch, but instead of trying for $7.5 with Parise, he does it with Weber or Suter. This is Lombardi we are talking about here and he wants that Pronger-Niedermeyer combo on the back end.
I'm hoping Suter is the one we're going for then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
I was sad to see JJ go, time will tell if it was a mistake.

That being said, how will trading Brown be a bigger mistake? Where has his leadership gotten us?
I imagine stripping Brown of the C might look bad. But I don't see how Brown's leadership(or lack thereof) is the reason this team hasn't had any success in the playoffs. He's great for what he costs and I'd hate for this team to go soft.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:44 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
You're missing the point. I'm not a Dustin Brown fan first and foremost. I'm a Kings fan and have been for 29 years. I'm just tired of this team taking a step forward only to turn around and take two back.
You don't know for a fact that it would be two steps back. If it makes the team better, what's the issue? It's not like Brown has been part of something special with this team. They've been pretty damn stagnant (I'd say they've even regressed) over the past two seasons. Maybe this team needs a different direction.

If Brown is traded it doesn't automatically represent two steps back.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:45 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The Kings have traded better players than Dustin Brown. If the Kings can improve as a result of trading anyone on the roster, then by all means, go for it. If the Flyers offered JVR and Matt Read, two young top six forwards who can make an immediate impact, for one Dustin Brown, then it is a trade you have to strongly consider.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:47 AM
damacles1156

Man if Suter is the return I soooooooo make that Deal. Altough I can't see Dean trading Brown unless a Forward of similar value and production coming back.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:47 AM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm with you. Not going to say I'm done with this team, but I will be extremely disappointed if Brown is traded for anything less than a ridiculous return.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:48 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The Kings have traded better players than Dustin Brown. If the Kings can improve as a result of trading anyone on the roster, then by all means, go for it. If the Flyers offered JVR and Matt Read, two young top six forwards who can make an immediate impact, for one Dustin Brown, then it is a trade you have to strongly consider.
This as well.

That would give the Kings one hell of a shakeup/wake up.

And two very good young Forwards.

The core got challenged, when Murray was fired and Sutter called them out. They did not respond, that Loss against Colorado really must have piss$%^ some Higher ups off.

Brown played well, but sadly Kopitar/Brown/Drew/Richards need to take over games. That is not happening.

It's a Sellers market, They floated his name and half the League came calling. You have to listen to offers.

Last edited by damacles1156: 02-24-2012 at 02:54 AM.
Old
02-24-2012, 02:53 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Man if Suter is the return I soooooooo make that Deal. Altough I can't see Dean trading Brown unless a Forward of similar value and production coming back.
You would trade Brown for a guy who is going to be a UFA?

Old
02-24-2012, 02:54 AM
SFKingshomer

Suter would be awesome

Old
02-24-2012, 02:56 AM
Winger23

IMO huge mistake if you move brown. He is not a bad 2nd line winger if he's the "3rd" option on that line. The Kings can still create a package of Bernier + for one more winger to fill out the top 6.

Williams
Kopitar
Richards
Carter
Brown
(missing Winger)

The Kings are still strong on defense (some will argue stronger). They just need a system adjustment. There is absolutely no reason, with having 2 of the best 2 way centers in the game with Richards and Kopi that the Kings can not open up the offense more and get hurt too bad defensively.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:57 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
You would trade Brown for a guy who is going to be a UFA?
People make too much out of UFA status. Can you give samples of A guy like Suter being traded at the Deadline (and not signing with the team he was traded too)?

I can't think of any....

Old
02-24-2012, 02:58 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
IMO huge mistake if you move brown. He is not a bad 2nd line winger if he's the "3rd" option on that line. The Kings can still create a package of Bernier + for one more winger to fill out the top 6.

Williams
Kopitar
Richards
Carter
Brown
(missing Winger)

The Kings are still strong on defense (some will argue stronger). They just need a system adjustment. There is absolutely no reason, with having 2 of the best 2 way centers in the game with Richards and Kopi that the Kings can not open up the offense more and get hurt too bad defensively.

I am convinced the League doesn't value Bernier at all. Columbus needs a Goalie in the worst way, They picked a proven NHLer over him in Jack.

Tampa would be the only other team interested, I don't see Stevie Y giving up a Top six Forward for him.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:59 AM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Brown is a major part of this teams problem. Either Kopitar or him needs to be moved to send a message to the players. I know most of you love the hits and the goofy smile, but Dustin Brown still lacks hockey sense and leadership skills. The truth hurts.

Old
SFKingshomer

Suter/Doughty
Scuderi/Voynov
Martinez or Hickey/Greene

Old
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Also, I just have this painful feeling that we are going to go after Suter or Weber in the offseason, particularly Suter. Just a hunch, but instead of trying for $7.5 with Parise, he does it with Weber or Suter. This is Lombardi we are talking about here and he wants that Pronger-Niedermeyer combo on the back end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmeh View Post
I'm hoping Suter is the one we're going for then.
That would be quite the incentive for Quick to re-sign, eh?

Closed Thread