HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VII

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2012, 03:01 AM
riseandfall9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
Wait...trade Brown? The guy with a 3.2Mil cap hit until the summer of 2014? The guy who is one of the top hitters in the league and puts up 50+ points? Makes a ton of sense.
That is the problem...

I love Brown a lot and I am one that says keep him. But I think I said it yesterday, don't remember sorry! In 2 years Brown is going to be making 5 million dollars. With what James Neal just got and with what Ruutu just got. Plus whatever Hemsky gets. Brown isn't going to be a 3.2 million dollar player anymore.

Its tough Im glad I am not making the decisions on this stuff. Just trying to think a head a little bit though.

Old
02-24-2012, 03:01 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmeh View Post
I imagine stripping Brown of the C might look bad. But I don't see how Brown's leadership(or lack thereof) is the reason this team hasn't had any success in the playoffs. He's great for what he costs and I'd hate for this team to go soft.
For real?

It's one of the reasons, you can't say Brown's leadership got us anywhere. Can't really blame Brown since he was brought up in an organization that was a perennial loser. Expectations got higher for this club, and you need leaders on the team to get you through the tough patches of the season. Lombardi put the weight on his shoulders once Murray was canned, it was all on the players from that point on.

It seems to me that Brown has lost the locker room, and the players are just completely disconnected from playing hockey. Either way, Brown is part of the core that Dean warned about a shake up coming down the pike if things don't turn around after canning Murray.

Old
02-24-2012, 03:02 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
People make too much out of UFA status. Can you give samples of A guy like Suter being traded at the Deadline (and not signing with the team he was traded too)?

I can't think of any....
Two things:

I agree with your point, but I also can't think of any situations where a big time soon to be UFA was sent out west (where it appears people don't want to sign) and resigned.

Secondly, Suter will be looking for Doughty money. Are you cool with paying 14 million for 2 defenseman?

Old
02-24-2012, 03:02 AM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
People make too much out of UFA status. Can you give samples of A guy like Suter being traded at the Deadline (and not signing with the team he was traded too)?

I can't think of any....
Hossa?

Old
02-24-2012, 03:05 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
What does that even mean? He's had a rough year just like everyone else. Sutter called him out and he's stepped up the last couple games.
Should have started stepping up about 2 months ago when Dean got him about his and the teams crap efforts.

Pack your bags, Brown.

Old
02-24-2012, 03:06 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Pipe dreams! Suter?! Get real people. You guys are so quick to bash brown but then think he's going to land one of the best defensemen in the game. Do you guys realize how bi polar you all sound? Listen I'm too drunk to keep
Posting.

Old
02-24-2012, 03:06 AM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
I am convinced the League doesn't value Bernier at all. Columbus needs a Goalie in the worst way, They picked a proven NHLer over him in Jack.

Tampa would be the only other team interested, I don't see Stevie Y giving up a Top six Forward for him.
Apparently Kypreos was saying that it was Lombardi that wasn't going to give up Bernier for Carter, but would've for Nash. So with that, it looks like Columbus did want Bernier for Carter, but Dean said no.

Old
02-24-2012, 03:07 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Two things:

I agree with your point, but I also can't think of any situations where a big time soon to be UFA was sent out west (where it appears people don't want to sign) and resigned.

Secondly, Suter will be looking for Doughty money. Are you cool with paying 14 million for 2 defenseman?
Look it's not going to happen but if a Deal like that presented itself, I would move Brown.

That's all I am saying, You worry about the cap stuff and Contract when it becomes an issue. It's the same as everyone freaking out about Carter's Ten years....

So what if he sucks when he is 35, You hope you got 8 seasons out of the guy of 30 plus goals.

Old
02-24-2012, 03:07 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Should have started stepping up about 2 months ago when Dean got him about his and the teams crap efforts.

Pack your bags, Brown.
Pretty sure he was the only one scoring back then.

Old
02-24-2012, 03:08 AM
King Richards
Dry Island II

As much as I recognize Brown's value and acknowledge him as a really effective hockey player, the events of the last couple days have led me to really believe there is a regime change underway and it might be for the best. The impotent offense, the veterans crapping the bed, the Phoenix meltdown, and then finally the absolute dog **** effort in Denver had to be the last straw. The guys in the locker room played themselves into this position, and I think Dean is super pissed about it.

With McKenzie tweeting the things he did tonight, I'd say there's a 25% chance or less Brownie is a King after Monday

Old
02-24-2012, 03:10 AM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Nashville wouldn't trade Suter right now anyway. If they were out of a playoff spot, yes, but they're thinking playoff run right now. Not just win a round but a REAL run.

That said, if Brown goes it is going to be for some deal that we were thinking, how the hell didn't I think of that, that's fantastic, or...the alternative...it'll be a trade that's totally unacceptable. Not much room for middle ground here.

If he goes, all the current captains should be stripped of their letters. Give the captaincy to one guy, let the others earn their letters.

Old
02-24-2012, 03:11 AM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Considering we wouldn't deal Brown in the West, the only teams that have the kind of assets (multiple youngish forwards) we would want for Brown that I can think of are NYI, TOR, BUF, maybe NYR, maybe PHI

Old
02-24-2012, 03:11 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Nashville wouldn't trade Suter right now anyway. If they were out of a playoff spot, yes, but they're thinking playoff run right now. Not just win a round but a REAL run.

That said, if Brown goes it is going to be for some deal that we were thinking, how the hell didn't I think of that, that's fantastic, or...the alternative...it'll be a trade that's totally unacceptable. Not much room for middle ground here.

If he goes, all the current captains should be stripped of their letters. Give the captaincy to one guy, let the others earn their letters.
That would give the Kings one hell of a shakeup/wake up.

The core got challenged, when Murray was fired and Sutter called them out. They did not respond, that Loss against Colorado really must have piss$%^ some Higher ups off.

Brown played well, but sadly Kopitar/Brown/Drew/Richards need to take over games. That is not happening.

It's a Sellers market, They floated his name and half the League came calling. You have to listen to offers.

Old
02-24-2012, 03:12 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post

Completely agree and I guess it's just the Kings fan in me but I'm expecting the worst. It's a hard thing to shake.

Old
02-24-2012, 03:12 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Pipe dreams! Suter?! Get real people. You guys are so quick to bash brown but then think he's going to land one of the best defensemen in the game. Do you guys realize how bi polar you all sound? Listen I'm too drunk to keep
Posting.
I agree. I don't think Brown nets Suter. And even if it could Suter is on record saying he isn't signing an extension. Hes going to test Free Agency.

But... Suter could come to the Kings via UFA that would be the only shot though not via Trade.

Old
02-24-2012, 03:14 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
Considering we wouldn't deal Brown in the West, the only teams that have the kind of assets (multiple youngish forwards) we would want for Brown that I can think of are NYI, TOR, BUF, maybe NYR, maybe PHI
Okposo + Nino?

Old
02-24-2012, 03:15 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Okposo + Nino?
I don't do that. They have a combined 13 goals between the 2 of them. Not worth the risk..

Old
02-24-2012, 03:17 AM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Okposo + Nino?
I'd take that and run

Old
02-24-2012, 03:17 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
I don't do that. They have a combined 13 goals between the 2 of them. Not worth the risk..
Kinda my point. I just don't see a deal out there that's a surefire Homerun. Could be the blue label talking though.

Old
02-24-2012, 03:18 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
14 I do that trade

Old
02-24-2012, 03:20 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontgoZiggy View Post
I'd take that and run
Lots o potential but potential could fail.

Old
02-24-2012, 03:20 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Kinda my point. I just don't see a deal out there that's a surefire Homerun. Could be the blue label talking though.
Very funny I am drinking Blue Label right now as well.

My dog had puppies today and I have been up from 7 in the morning until an hour ago until she poped out the big ol #10 . I named the last one Carter

Old
02-24-2012, 03:24 AM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Brown is a major part of this teams problem. Either Kopitar or him needs to be moved to send a message to the players. I know most of you love the hits and the goofy smile, but Dustin Brown still lacks hockey sense and leadership skills. The truth hurts.
Brown's contract is in my opinion really good, even with his current production in mind. I wouldn't underestimate his hits, either. We can't just get rid of all good contracts, can we?
As for Kopitar's contract, it's not even close to Brown's. But if you want to replace him, it will cost you at least the same amount, if not more. Who do you want to trade him for?

Old
02-24-2012, 03:26 AM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
Brown's contract is in my opinion really good, even with his current production in mind. I wouldn't underestimate his hits, either. We can't just get rid of all good contracts, can we?
As for Kopitar's contract, it's not even close to Brown's. But if you want to replace him, it will cost you at least the same amount, if not more. Who do you want to trade him for?
His physical play is an important factor. He goes and we need a physical third-fourth line type. That can be acquired separately. Where to start on that, I don't know. Trading Brown changes a lot of things.

Old
02-24-2012, 03:26 AM
markisonfire

Man, Gagne's injury really sucks right about now.

Gagne - Kopitar - Brown
Carter - Richards - Williams

A couple things of note here:

- We should do everything in our power to keep Willie Mitchell, at least for another year or two. He's consistently been our best defenseman. I would hate to lose him. Even if we do somehow manage to pull off one of these pipe dream Suter trades.

- If a trade comes along that moves Brown for a significant package that improves the team, everyone should be for it. Brown stuck it out through a real rough spot in this organization and has been with us the longest, but this isn't his team. He isn't a guy that motivates this team to kick ass. He was a great "on-ice leader" a couple years ago when he was banging bodies and giving 100% every shift, but he doesn't do that anymore. When was the last time he threw a huge check? Anyone remember this Brown?

I sure do. He was a wrecking ball. He was dynamic. He was my favorite player. What the hell happened?

Unfortunately, I don't think that Brown is coming back. He has three kids now. He is more concerned about safety. Although he is most effective when he plays with that reckless edge he used to have, he no longer needs to play that way. It upsets me - I was his biggest fan.

So what are we to do? He excelled when he was a tough as nails son of a ***** and now he is trying to be a finesse player. It hasn't worked for the past two seasons or so.

If the deal makes sense... you might want to pull the trigger. I just don't know what that deal is yet.

Closed Thread