HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Official Catbird Refuge/Sanctuary

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2012, 11:05 AM
AintLifeGrand

vCash: 500
If I can find an opportunity in Smashville as lucrative as my current job , I would seriously consider relocating just to see NHL hockey 8 months a year.

Unfortunately I don't think Nashville is layed out as cool as Atlanta, has no MLB, and lacks the epic foliage, but those are not deal breakers.

The worst part of the Thrashers moving was the timing- Right after I graduated college. I was so stoked on the idea of graduating, moving back to Atlanta and attending Thrashers and Braves game after a grueling work day. While my summer post work sporting event opportunities are still covered (family has Braves season tickets), this time of year is especially depressing knowing that going down to Philips to sit in my seats, drink brews, and watch my team play the greatest sport on earth every other night is not going to happen for decades.

I

Old
02-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Anyone going to the Tool concert tonight at the Gwinnett Center ? It'll help get some anger out of you ... I'm going to be there in my Foo Fighters t-shirt in the next hour OR so

Old
02-23-2012, 08:02 AM
Bongo

I'll be in town Saturday night for the Sharks game. It's part of my Valentine's gift to the wife. She wants to have Joe Thornton's children. Last game I was up for I asked if there was any good music after the game and caught a boatload of sarcasm. This time I'll be more pacific. Are Vince Gill, Rickey Skaggs, Patty Loveless, or Steve Earle playing anywhere in town Saturday night? If not I'll head back to Bailey's if we can't get into Tootsie's.

Old
02-23-2012, 09:48 AM
Adz

If you come up a day early, you can see Vince at the Opry. As for Saturday, he comes to games and sits on the glass in 110. It's right in front of the bandstage. You may see him singing during an intermission--you never know! No tour dates til March 3, so you COULD see him pop up somewhere.
Ricky Skaggs will be in Washington State...so no on him.
Can't find anything on Patty.
Steve Earle is in New Jersey.

PS--I agree with your wife. Joe Thornton...he's dreamy. Sigh.....

Old
02-23-2012, 10:12 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
If you come up a day early, you can see Vince at the Opry. As for Saturday, he comes to games and sits on the glass in 110. It's right in front of the bandstage. You may see him singing during an intermission--you never know! No tour dates til March 3, so you COULD see him pop up somewhere.

Adzy! Youre gonna break poor Cale's heart if he sees this...

Old
02-23-2012, 11:16 AM
Adz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Adzy! Youre gonna break poor Cale's heart if he sees this...
When Cale became a family man* he kind of lost his bad boy appeal.

*Half dozen kids all blond hair blue eyes. It's like an Abba family reunion.

Shudder.

Joe still has the look.

Old
02-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Bongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post

I was a volunteer during the All Star Weekend in '06. After the game Joe, Evgeni Nabokov, and some suit all climbed in to my Dakota for a ride back to the hotel. I immediately made big points with all three when I declared Nabokov should have been MVP(only the 3rd goalie to pitch a shutout during an ASG period). I then told Joe how Special K felt about him and he signed his Skills Competition pass for me to give to her. He's a very cool guy. I've no doubt she'll be all moist and dreamy eyed the whole game. Thanks for the music update.

Old
02-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Speaking of Thornton being a nice guy, this story is over two years now but I remembered it. Many Preds fans will remember this but, Atlanta people for example, probably won't.

It's a really good read and there's a small bit about Thornton at the very end.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...42044715_x.htm

Old
02-23-2012, 12:13 PM
thomas magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Speaking of Thornton being a nice guy, this story is over two years now but I remembered it. Many Preds fans will remember this but, Atlanta people for example, probably won't.

It's a really good read and there's a small bit about Thornton at the very end.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...42044715_x.htm

Never read that before, it's a great article. Is he still working for the team?

Old
02-23-2012, 12:22 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas magnum View Post
Never read that before, it's a great article. Is he still working for the team?
As far as I know yes. I think I read something about Scott Hartnell going out to lunch with him when the team went to Philly earlier this month.

Also ironically I just saw in the article that back then he listed Hal Gill as one of his favorites

Last edited by Drake744: 02-23-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old
02-23-2012, 01:03 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
As far as I know yes. I think I read something about Scott Hartnell going out to lunch with him when the team went to Philly earlier this month.

Also ironically I just saw in the article that back then he listed Hal Gill as one of his favorites
I remember this article when it first came out. Good stuff.

Yep, Hartsy requested that Partner come on the trip so he could visit with him. IIRC, he spent the night with Hartsy at his house.

Old
02-23-2012, 03:22 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
I remember this article when it first came out. Good stuff.

Yep, Hartsy requested that Partner come on the trip so he could visit with him. IIRC, he spent the night with Hartsy at his house.
Only Hartsy

Old
02-24-2012, 07:47 AM
Bongo

One more question. Holiday Inn Suites on Broadway. That's walking distance to the Bridge right?

Old
02-24-2012, 08:26 AM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
One more question. Holiday Inn Suites on Broadway. That's walking distance to the Bridge right?
If that's the one @ 920 Broadway, then I guess it could be considered within walking distance (4 blocks or so). You'll be going uphill on the way back to the hotel though, IIRC.

Old
02-24-2012, 09:00 AM
Insanepredator

Send a message via Skype™ to Insanepredator
Quote:
If that's the one @ 920 Broadway, then I guess it could be considered within walking distance (4 blocks or so). You'll be going uphill on the way back to the hotel though, IIRC.
4 blocks is definitely walking distance. I park about about 8 blocks away when I go.

Edit: Though construction has turned it into about 10 blocks recently.

Old
02-24-2012, 09:38 AM
Bongo

Quote:

Is there another one on Broadway?

Old
02-24-2012, 09:58 AM
Adz

Quote:
Is there another one on Broadway?
There's one down near Vanderbilt but I'm pretty sure it's after Broadway changes to West End Ave.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:31 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Easy walk to the arena cuz it's downhill. Going back can get interesting, especially if you're drunk. I've seen many visiting fans come out of that hotel. I stayed there one time about 6 years ago for my bachelor party, I feel extremely sorry for the housekeeping crew that day.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Bongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Easy walk to the arena cuz it's downhill. Going back can get interesting, especially if you're drunk. I've seen many visiting fans come out of that hotel. I stayed there one time about 6 years ago for my bachelor party, I feel extremely sorry for the housekeeping crew that day.
The wife and I never get drunk at a hockey game. I do however see a cab ride home in our future tomorrow night.

We'll be in 117 Row KK. She'll be wearing a Sharks jersey and I'll be sporting either a Coyotes original or an original Thrashers road. Stop by and say howdy.

Old
04-07-2012, 07:52 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

An open letter to the catbirds

Dear friends,

I want to thank you for chosing us and making the difficult choice to come back to the NHL. To paraphrase Metallica, you are broken, beaten, and scarred. You were viley abused by an uncaring ownership and you had your deep love ripped from you. But you showed strength by coming back to the NHL. You showed that Atlanta Spirit was unworthy of a wonderful fan base such as yourself. You showed that hockey has a place in Atlanta. And you have showed all of us that you are a great addition to the Nashville Predators fan base. We are lucky to have all of you and we hope you continue to make a home with the Preds.

As a fan I say thank you.

BFC999

Old
04-09-2012, 09:51 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Dear friends,

I want to thank you for chosing us and making the difficult choice to come back to the NHL. To paraphrase Metallica, you are broken, beaten, and scarred. You were viley abused by an uncaring ownership and you had your deep love ripped from you. But you showed strength by coming back to the NHL. You showed that Atlanta Spirit was unworthy of a wonderful fan base such as yourself. You showed that hockey has a place in Atlanta. And you have showed all of us that you are a great addition to the Nashville Predators fan base. We are lucky to have all of you and we hope you continue to make a home with the Preds.

As a fan I say thank you.

BFC999
Thank you for the kind words, BFC. Even though I miss my team, thanks to the fans and the team, it has been a much easier process. Getting to know most of you through posting, and even meeting a few of you in person, I've grown to love the team, fans, and city of Nashville. After seeing how the Thrashers were run, in hindsight, this may have indeed been a blessing. The Preds are now far and away my favorite team for many reasons. Now that the sting has past for the most part (still bitter and hope Winnipeg loses every game from here on out), I'm a very happy Nashville fan. Now...let's kick some ass in the playoffs!!

PS...Having lost 2 teams to relo now, I'd also like to thank management for not sending me a letter telling me to go the F away.

Old
04-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Bongo

I just sent an email to Bruce Levenson thanking him for making me a Preds fan. "After 7 years of watching you guys screw things up, it’s refreshing to see how a successful hockey club operates."

Thanks Nashville. I'd love you just as much if your record was no better than Columbus. Still, it's a lot of fun to go see a team that knows how to win. Good luck in the playoffs. I'll be there for the WCF should it come to pass.

Old
04-09-2012, 11:38 AM
thomas magnum

Agree with the two above posters.

Also, I really hope the Preds dominate in the playoffs because my best friends is a huge Wings fan and I'd love to see him cry.

Old
04-09-2012, 08:53 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas magnum View Post
Agree with the two above posters.

Also, I really hope the Preds dominate in the playoffs because my best friends is a huge Wings fan and I'd love to see him cry.
That's the spirit!

Old
04-09-2012, 11:04 PM
GwtGlads2013
Glads/Preds

Quote:
I just sent an email to Bruce Levenson thanking him for making me a Preds fan. "After 7 years of watching you guys screw things up, itís refreshing to see how a successful hockey club operates."

Thanks Nashville. I'd love you just as much if your record was no better than Columbus. Still, it's a lot of fun to go see a team that knows how to win. Good luck in the playoffs. I'll be there for the WCF should it come to pass.
I was hoping Gwinnett would win the Kelly Cup so it could be rubbed in the faces of Levenson and company. It has been a fun year of hockey, I saw 7 regular season Gladiators games, 1 playoff game and got to make a trip to Nashville.

Closed Thread