HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues @ Preds - I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR "FANBASE"

Old
02-24-2012, 08:02 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
I think the difference between players that are good in the shootout\players that aren't is the ability to have confidence in what you're going to do before you do it.

If you look at Oshie's goal, for example...there was never any hesitation. His attempt was fluid, and it worked without a hitch. Contrast that with Erat, who looked like he tried about 3 different moves in a .5 second span and ran out of time. Wilson's attempt was a pretty similar. Typically Legwand is one of the few that has a defined move and sticks to it (show forehand, pull to backhand and roof when goalie commits)

Again, it just sort of speaks to the level of offensive creativity we do\don't have on the team. Agree that Pekka's shootout confidence may be a little rattled. He previously hadn't allowed a single goal in our three shootout wins...we've since lost four in a row. We will often have to make a single successful shootout attempt stand up...so if we're going to give up 2, it's not going to end well.

Like someone said though...thank goodness there's no shootouts in the playoffs.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 08:19 AM
Concussed

This will be an awesome playoff series if the matchups stay as they are.

I get the gut feeling that there will be multiple multi-OT games. The only problem is there won't be much left in the tank for whichever team wins.

Concussed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 08:22 AM
pekkaslap

I wonder if we'll see Lindback Sat. night? Pekka is going to be exhausted come playoff time if he doesn't get a day off sometime. We have the back to back coming next week.

pekkaslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 08:32 AM
Neal Before Zod

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I think the difference between players that are good in the shootout\players that aren't is the ability to have confidence in what you're going to do before you do it.

If you look at Oshie's goal, for example...there was never any hesitation. His attempt was fluid, and it worked without a hitch. Contrast that with Erat, who looked like he tried about 3 different moves in a .5 second span and ran out of time. Wilson's attempt was a pretty similar. Typically Legwand is one of the few that has a defined move and sticks to it (show forehand, pull to backhand and roof when goalie commits)

Again, it just sort of speaks to the level of offensive creativity we do\don't have on the team. Agree that Pekka's shootout confidence may be a little rattled. He previously hadn't allowed a single goal in our three shootout wins...we've since lost four in a row. We will often have to make a single successful shootout attempt stand up...so if we're going to give up 2, it's not going to end well.

Like someone said though...thank goodness there's no shootouts in the playoffs.
I agree that it seems there is a lack of confidence or consistency in our shootouts...but it's kind of funny to me that we're still 2-1 against the Blues in the shootout.

Personally, I would never put Kostitsyn and Wilson in the first group. Legwand is pretty good at them. Erat is usually OK. Next I would put in a shooter, not a deker. Not sure who...Fisher or Hornqvist (when he's healthy)?

Neal Before Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 08:42 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
I agree that it seems there is a lack of confidence or consistency in our shootouts...but it's kind of funny to me that we're still 2-1 against the Blues in the shootout.

Personally, I would never put Kostitsyn and Wilson in the first group. Legwand is pretty good at them. Erat is usually OK. Next I would put in a shooter, not a deker. Not sure who...Fisher or Hornqvist (when he's healthy)?
the blues are 3-6 in shootouts...even worse than us

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 08:50 AM
PredsChik

I'm never the rational sister when it comes to away fans, however, last night my sister was on the verge of tears in anger over the asshats behind us. There weren't as many being a weekday game but the quality we had the pleasure of sitting next to was just what I've come to expect.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:25 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekkaslap View Post
I wonder if we'll see Lindback Sat. night? Pekka is going to be exhausted come playoff time if he doesn't get a day off sometime. We have the back to back coming next week.
I'd guess Carolina or Florida next week since they're Eastern Conference. If Lindy played both, that would give Peks a full week off.

As for irrational fans, the few Blues fans in my section didn't bother me at all. However, a Preds fan sitting about 5 rows behind me is quickly becoming so obnoxious that fans in my section are starting to get ugly with him. He hasn't been there all year, but he's there pretty much every game now. Not only is he ridiculously loud over everything, half the time he doesn't know what he's talking about. At one point we were in the Blues zone, had the puck...he starts yelling "clear it, clear it!" I don't want this guy attending an out of town game wearing Preds gear.

Last edited by Adz: 02-24-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:29 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
the blues are 3-6 in shootouts...even worse than us
Not to mention Hornqvist would be terrible in the shootout. Maybe we can lobby to allow a defenseman and a forward to participate in the same shot provided the forward stays right above the blue paint, and the defenseman stays just inside the blueline. Put Weber out there to throw a slapper at the net, Hornqvist to screen, and allow him to take a few whacks at it

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:42 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
Notice you didn't mention that he didn't save Cube's arse bigtime after a misplay nearly caused a breakaway. If Klein hadn't gotten back with an amazing pokecheck, that could have ended badly.
Cube was going after the puck. It is his responsibility to not have his head up his ass and stay back to cover him. If Klein would have been in the correct position in the first place he would not of had to make the i admit good play he did. Good thing it was not a top forward like Hossa, Toews, Kane, Kessler, Sedin's, Nash, Carter etc coming down the ice or Klein would have gotten owned.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Meh. We caught some bad breaks. The Blues were awesome in the first period. From that point on, the Preds controlled the play. Halak made some great saves. We misfired on some really good chances. The officials nullified our big advantage this year by not calling any penalties. Really? Lots of interference last night. A penalty-free game benefits the Blues more than us because they are one of the rougher teams in the league.

Good game. Good preview for the playoffs. We can and will beat them.

02-24-2012, 10:15 AM
Shea Weber

Preds outshot Blues 21-8 in the 2nd and 3rd period combined. Good effort, just didn't bury anything. Halak was good (I guess).

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Drake744
Resident Jones Homer

vCash: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekkaslap View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
I'd guess Carolina or Florida next week since they're Eastern Conference. If Lindy played both, that would give Peks a full week off.
Yeah I'm sure he'll play in Carolina. Second end of the back to back. Eastern conference. Away game. That'll be the game I'm sure.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote