HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Ryan Ellis reassigned to Milwaukee

Old
02-24-2012, 09:10 AM
theoneandonly

vCash: 500
Ryan Ellis reassigned to Milwaukee

Ellis sent down to Milwaukee, link to come soon.

theoneandonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Ryan Ellis reassigned to Milwaukee?

@Smashville247
As Trotz hinted yesterday, Ryan Ellis reassigned to Milwaukee.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:15 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

This is to be expected. Ellis is going to sit more than would be beneficial to him for his continued development while Trotz tries to get his blueline gelled together down the stretch. Really it's either complain about him being sent down, or complain about him sitting on the bench and not being developed properly. Pick your poison

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
This is to be expected. Ellis is going to sit more than would be beneficial to him for his continued development while Trotz tries to get his blueline gelled together down the stretch. Really it's either complain about him being sent down, or complain about him sitting on the bench and not being developed properly. Pick your poison
Let the kid play in the ahl

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:22 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Unless we have another puck-mover on the way, I don't like this move at all. He should be playing here over fracking Bouillon.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:24 AM
handtrick

Well, Joe.....tell us what David says when u call him and demand an explanation, lol

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:27 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
Well, Joe.....tell us what David says when u call him and demand an explanation, lol
I said Trotz and I will. I am not a stranger to the trotz family as I went to school with his daughter.

I am pretty ****ing livid about this move. Sends the wrong message to the team and to Ellis he has done nothing to merit a demotion.

Hillen, Frankie get pushed around all the time in the defensive zone just like Ellis. This is ****ing ******** for a guy like ellis. Our second powerplay unit is doomed now.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:31 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Our second powerplay unit is doomed now.
Ellis has been on the ice for 1 of the Preds last 11 PP goals...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:34 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I just want to throw this out there. We obtained Gill to play heavier PK minutes so that Weber and Suter can have their minutes spread out over ES and the PP more. Obviously having two PP units who are a threat is a good thing, but I have a feeling Trotz is expecting to be able to play Weber and Suter enough on the PP to more or less make up for whatever Ellis would have brought to the table.

This time of year is when the hardest decisions have to be made. Buy or sell? If buy, what do you need, and how much do you pay? If you sell, what do you sell, and what are your needs going forward? Which players on your roster are going to do the most to help you over the last quarter of the season and the play offs (let's be honest... in the WC the play offs start in February). Which players can be sent down without having to clear waivers? Which players will be affected the most by a lack of playing time, and which players will be affected the least? I highly doubt Poile and Trotz had a meeting in which they decides that Ellis sucks and needs to be sent down. It was just the best option as far as they could tell.

Old
02-24-2012, 09:36 AM
VFL615*

I dont agree with this move at all. Kid should be playing. I guess its all about how many years you have on the team. Ellis give it a couple of years and you can screw up all the time and still stay on the the NHL team.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:37 AM
handtrick

Quote:
I said Trotz and I will. I am not a stranger to the trotz family as I went to school with his daughter.

I am pretty ****ing livid about this move. Sends the wrong message to the team and to Ellis he has done nothing to merit a demotion.

Hillen, Frankie get pushed around all the time in the defensive zone just like Ellis. This is ****ing ******** for a guy like ellis. Our second powerplay unit is doomed now.
My bad, u did say Barry.
I agree w/ your point, but I think this strictly a short term move to get him some quality playing time.
I wouldn't mind seeing Hillen waived, but I think DP is hoarding assets to cushion any potential of a dman injury during the stretch run and he has zero trade value.

When u look at the big picture, it is hard to disagree w/ this move.

Anyway, tell me what he says...

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:41 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Kid should be playing.
Milwaukee has a stretch of 3 games in 3 nights starting tonight. He will be getting plenty of ice time this weekend. Preds have one game and I'm sure the decision was made to keep the same lineup on D late last night vs. San Jose which means Ellis would be inactive for two weeks prior to his next possible game...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:42 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I don't agree just because of the Bouillon vs Ellis comparison:

I get the feeling that Trotz wants Cube in over Ellis because of the veteran presence and because he trusts him more. My issue is that Cube gambles way more than he should, and even when he is in position, he is getting outmuscled and physically dominated more than Ellis is (even with rookie gaffes).

Now, I must say, Bouillon played a heck of a good game last night against the Blues. It was by far his best game of the season IMO.

Ellis will be back up after the deadline, I think. Roster expansion.

02-24-2012, 09:47 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I don't agree just because of the Bouillon vs Ellis comparison:

I get the feeling that Trotz wants Cube in over Ellis because of the veteran presence and because he trusts him more. My issue is that Cube gambles way more than he should, and even when he is in position, he is getting outmuscled and physically dominated more than Ellis is (even with rookie gaffes).

Now, I must say, Bouillon played a heck of a good game last night against the Blues. It was by far his best game of the season IMO.

Ellis will be back up after the deadline, I think. Roster expansion.
I was thinking something similiar, though I think if Poile and Trotz feel comfortable with what they have they will let him stay in Milwaukee rather than keeping him in the press box. We'll see next week

Old
02-24-2012, 09:58 AM
jlsg

This is the best thing by far. Everything gets ramped up a notch this time of year and I'm not sure Ellis has the extra gear just yet. He will, no doubt about that but he's just hanging on now. The best thing for him and for the Preds is to get him ice time.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:02 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Ellis has been on the ice for 1 of the Preds last 11 PP goals...
and yet he still has 9 points in 22 games and +8. Sure he is having sheltered minutes compared to Weber and Suter, but he is doing everything you can possibly ask of that player as a rookie. This isn't the same situation as Blum who was sucking earlier this year. Personally, this does not send the right message to a guy like Ellis who has done absolutely nothing wrong.

I am sure people will be up in arms saying it is fore his development etc, but you have to ask yourself what does this do for his confidence and is this a good move for a team that is trying to win the division this year. Ellis is so young and has plenty of time to develop.

Personally, I think he is better served playing with the big club and learn as much as he can from Weber and Suter because I am not so sure those guys are sticking around next year.

If they really sent him down so he could play two extra games, I will be pretty disappointed. I see no real difference in physical ability between Frankie and Ellis.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:11 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
and yet he still has 9 points in 22 games and +8. Sure he is having sheltered minutes compared to Weber and Suter, but he is doing everything you can possibly ask of that player as a rookie. This isn't the same situation as Blum who was sucking earlier this year. Personally, this does not send the right message to a guy like Ellis who has done absolutely nothing wrong.

I am sure people will be up in arms saying it is fore his development etc, but you have to ask yourself what does this do for his confidence and is this a good move for a team that is trying to win the division this year. Ellis is so young and has plenty of time to develop.

Personally, I think he is better served playing with the big club and learn as much as he can from Weber and Suter because I am not so sure those guys are sticking around next year.

If they really sent him down so he could play two extra games, I will be pretty disappointed. I see no real difference in physical ability between Frankie and Ellis.
He is actually playing sheltered minutes compared to every defenseman on the team if memory serves. Also, this situation is very similar to the Blum situation. Blum came in and played about a quarter of the season plus the play offs. He looked great, and then regressed. Ellis could very well do the same thing. Trouble is, you don't know if he will regress before next season, or start to do so when we least need it to happen.

I'm sure the message (read: reasoning) was clearly conveyed to Ellis when the decision was made and he was informed.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:12 AM
Shea Weber

It's the right move. He's great in the offensive zone and on the pp...but he's still a liability in the D zone even with protected minutes.

Let him get tons of minutes and develop his game. He'll be great in a year or 2.

Doesn't keeping him under 40 games played at the NHL level have a benefit as well?

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:14 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea Weber View Post
It's the right move. He's great in the offensive zone and on the pp...but he's still a liability in the D zone even with protected minutes.

Let him get tons of minutes and develop his game. He'll be great in a year or 2.

Doesn't keeping him under 40 games played at the NHL level have a benefit as well?
He is no more of a liability than Klein or Frankie on any given night.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:17 AM
Shea Weber

Quote:
I think we have had this exact same conversation before when he was scratched. I completely disagree. Ellis is a great talent, but Klein and Cube are much more polished d men at this point, (although not spectacular by any means, don't get me wrong) I think even Ellis would agree with that.

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:26 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Well I'd say he's more of a liability than Klein, as of now. I hated Klein the past 2 plus seasons. This year, I'm just fine with him. Bouillon has sucked though. I've been clamoring for Hillen to get another chance but I guess that will not happen.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:34 AM
luckofirish8

This appears to be a pure playing time move. He'll get about 50 minutes more playing time in Milwaukee over the next week than he would in Nashville. It should help him stay on top on his game.

Last edited by luckofirish8: 02-24-2012 at 10:46 AM.
luckofirish8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:42 AM
maplepred

Brutal! Better get called back up very soon. Getting sick of seeing bouillon and hillen anyways

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
It's the right thing to do I think. He'll get way more time in the AHL then with the preds right now. He'll be back up soon.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:47 AM
token grinder

Quote:

kid has played in 22 games. we have 21 left. I would bet when we have 17 games left he will be brought back up. It is called asset management. He will also play more. If we were fighting for 8th, yeah, you prob keep him up. But guess what, our terrible team with its terrible GM and pee wee coach is in a comfortable spot. imagine that.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote