HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If players are sent out for picks/prospects...

Old
02-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

vCash: 500
doesn't Henry clear waivers every year when we send him to Hamilton?

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 08:14 AM
nilan30

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Well I could give a **** about your entertainment. I'm more concerned about our prospects making the playoffs. Maybe you are not aware, but many of the Bulldogs end up future Habs.
Pretty sad state of affairs when we no longer care about being entertained by what we are watching.

nilan30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 08:47 AM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilan30 View Post
Pretty sad state of affairs when we no longer care about being entertained by what we are watching.
Pretty sad when we need instant gratification over doing the right thing to develop players so future entertainment will be better than what we currently have

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 08:53 AM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post
If Campoli is traded, St-Denis should be the next call-up.
they would just get Weber to take Campolis spot

canadiensnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:01 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Try thinking of it this way, who cares about this season, it's a disaster and it's not far away from being over. Why not do what's best for the future of the team instead of worrying about entertainment. And if you consider watching Henry entertaining, I suggest you consider a hobby or perhaps getting some fresh air maybe?

The Habs could have prospects like Leblanc, Kristo, Gallagher and more all getting playing time in the AHL playoffs if the Dogs can somehow make it in, so yea i'd personally rather see the Dogs try and get into the playoffs.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:33 AM
nilan30

Quote:
Try thinking of it this way, who cares about this season, it's a disaster and it's not far away from being over. Why not do what's best for the future of the team instead of worrying about entertainment. And if you consider watching Henry entertaining, I suggest you consider a hobby or perhaps getting some fresh air maybe?

The Habs could have prospects like Leblanc, Kristo, Gallagher and more all getting playing time in the AHL playoffs if the Dogs can somehow make it in, so yea i'd personally rather see the Dogs try and get into the playoffs.
Well I guess it would be more entertaining watching say...Frederic St Denis or someone along those lines. You know a guy who is sound and plays a safe game versus a guy who will play physically.

Anyways, I guess if Henry is as bad as everyone says he is than him being on the Habs should help the Bulldogs make the playoffs and the Habs get a lottery pick so everybody wins in the end.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:43 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Well I guess it would be more entertaining watching say...Frederic St Denis or someone along those lines. You know a guy who is sound and plays a safe game versus a guy who will play physically.

Anyways, I guess if Henry is as bad as everyone says he is than him being on the Habs should help the Bulldogs make the playoffs and the Habs get a lottery pick so everybody wins in the end.
You seem to be missing the point by a wide margin here. Calling up St-Denis or Henry, are not what the team should do imo, as they are key parts of the Dogs and since the Habs since is all but over, why hurt the Dogs who might actually make the playoffs which means future Habs could get playoff experience, vs say Leblanc sitting at home playing xbox in April.

It has nothing to do with being physical or not for me, I want to see the Habs do what is best for the future, not worry about entertaining the fans.

Henry is one of the Dogs top D, he's very solid for the AHL and they have no one to replace him right now.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:48 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
You seem to be missing the point by a wide margin here. Calling up St-Denis or Henry, are not what the team should do imo, as they are key parts of the Dogs and since the Habs since is all but over, why hurt the Dogs who might actually make the playoffs which means future Habs could get playoff experience, vs say Leblanc sitting at home playing xbox in April.

It has nothing to do with being physical or not for me, I want to see the Habs do what is best for the future, not worry about entertaining the fans.

Henry is one of the Dogs top D, he's very solid for the AHL and they have no one to replace him right now.
agree with this, but Henry and St Denis arent on the same boat... Henry is a 30+ career AHLer... and while St Denis may never be more than a 6th D (at the really best IMO) it would be nice to have him gain more experience and see if he can be considered a 7th D for the future...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:52 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
agree with this, but Henry and St Denis arent on the same boat... Henry is a 30+ career AHLer... and while St Denis may never be more than a 6th D (at the really best IMO) it would be nice to have him gain more experience and see if he can be considered a 7th D for the future...
St-Denis is the Dogs best D though, so calling him up would crush any hopes the Dogs have of making the playoffs. I do fear what will happen on Monday, as I really want the Dogs to make the playoffs especially if they can get one or two of (Kristo, Gallagher, Tinordi, etc...).

It's a catch 22 for St-Denis, as the Habs need to see what he can do in the NHL if they have any plans for him next year as far as the NHL is concerned, but losing him and guys like Engqvist would kill the Dogs season and I can't remember the last time the Habs and our AHL team both missed the playoffs. It sucks thinking that by early April we could have the majority of our young players/prospects sitting at home.

Old
02-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Joe Cole

If St-Denis has not made the NHL full time yet... he simply won't.

I liked Jean Phillipe Cote back in the day too... but the truth is he was not an NHL'r either.

If St-Denis makes the Habs, even as a 7th D... it is a clear sign that they are super thin on D, and that's a great way to stay a bottom 1/3 team for a long time.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:17 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
I liked Jean Phillipe Cote back in the day too... but the truth is he was not an NHL'r either.

If St-Denis makes the Habs, even as a 7th D... it is a clear sign that they are super thin on D, and that's a great way to stay a bottom 1/3 team for a long time.
I don't agree, he can still make it imo. Plus comparing him to Cote is a massive joke. Cote was a solid defensmen for the Dogs that worked hard and had a good physical game but St-Denis is one of the top D's in the AHL and has been the Dogs top D the past 2 years but because he's undersize he's been overlooked.

Granted i'm not saying he will make the NHL full time but I think you are selling him short (no pun intended).

As for the 7th D, I wouldn't say it makes us super thin on D depending on who the top 6 were, and there's no way you can say that it's a great way to stay at the bottom for a long time since a 7th D shouldn't have any impact on the long term plans of the team. Personally I like St-Denis as the 8th D, which imo the Habs should carry 8 next year as i'd like to see them carry an extra body since Markov might be very rusty so if they dress 7 D they can spell him a bit and limit his ice time.

Old
02-24-2012, 11:24 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:

actually it doesnt... 7th D dont play on a regular basis, they're there to fillup in case of injuries (for example), and there's a reason they're 7th... if you think it's a sign of anything you're wrong... no team has a great 7th D (if the player was so great, he'd be a top 6 D you know)...

Old
02-24-2012, 11:26 AM
lamp9post

Quote:
I do fear what will happen on Monday, as I really want the Dogs to make the playoffs especially if they can get one or two of (Kristo, Gallagher, Tinordi, etc...).
I think Gauthier has shown an awareness and concern for the state of the Bulldogs, so I do think he will take this into consideration in any trades he might make (especially now, given the Hab's current standing). Ultimately, however, if we get a great offer for a regular that requires us to call up a key piece from Hamilton as a replacement, so be it. Giving NHL minutes to young guys like Palushaj and Leblanc could develop them as much or more than an AHL playoff series could.

lamp9post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:28 AM
nilan30

Quote:

I guess I just have a soft spot for an older guy in the AHL who busts his a** and would like to see him get one more chance to show if he can play in the NHL. You never know. Look at Matt Carkner. Toiled in the A for all those years and now is making over a million (I beleive) a year in the NHL after he got a chance to show what he could do. Not saying Henry or, even a Brian Willsie (is he still in Hamilton?) would do the same but you never know until they get that shot. Not saying every old guy in the A deserves it but some do. And there best chance to get it is when the Habs are out of contention

Old
02-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Plus comparing him to Cote is a massive joke. Cote was a solid defensmen for the Dogs that worked hard and had a good physical game but St-Denis is one of the top D's in the AHL and has been the Dogs top D the past 2 years but because he's undersize he's been overlooked.
Massive joke? Not really. I am not saying the two are similar in game style, just in talent ceiling.

St-Denis is not a bad player by any stretch, that is not what I am saying. It is just that he does not bring the upside of a rookie that you are trying to develop nor the veteran presence of a guy who has been there in the NHL and can be a mentor of sorts, while not being a distraction because he plays once every two weeks.

St-Denis is not any more undersized than others. He is 1 inch shorter than Emelin and a few pounds heavier that Emelin.

Size is not what held St-Denis back.

Old
02-24-2012, 11:40 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
actually it doesnt... 7th D dont play on a regular basis, they're there to fillup in case of injuries (for example), and there's a reason they're 7th... if you think it's a sign of anything you're wrong... no team has a great 7th D (if the player was so great, he'd be a top 6 D you know)...
In my mind, that makes them thin.

A guy like Campoli or Spacek are the type that should be the 7th D. A guy who is either at the tail end of his career, or has lots of NHL games under his belt, but is not quite a cornerstone of your star/rookie mix.

The 7th D has to be a guy willing and content to sit a lot of games, but be able to step in when the team needs him, in pressure games. Not a guy trying to find his game in the NHL.

Old
02-24-2012, 11:52 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
In my mind, that makes them thin.

A guy like Campoli or Spacek are the type that should be the 7th D. A guy who is either at the tail end of his career, or has lots of NHL games under his belt, but is not quite a cornerstone of your star/rookie mix.

The 7th D has to be a guy willing and content to sit a lot of games, but be able to step in when the team needs him, in pressure games. Not a guy trying to find his game in the NHL.
if you need your 7th in pressure games, whoever that 7th D is... you're in a lot of trouble...

Old
02-24-2012, 12:06 PM
Joe Cole

Quote:
if you need your 7th in pressure games, whoever that 7th D is... you're in a lot of trouble...
that's all ya got?

Old
02-24-2012, 12:07 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
that's all ya got?
that's more than enough

Old
02-24-2012, 12:09 PM
lamp9post

Quote:
I guess you didn't get the memo that injuries are part of the game.

lamp9post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 12:24 PM
Corncob

Quote:
...one guy I'd like to see called up for the remainder of the season is Alex Henry. I know many here don't care about him but I think he's a veteran who has earned another chance to show if he can skate in the NHL in the future, whether it be with the Habs or elsewhere.
How did he earn this exactly? Maybe he's been lights out in Hamilton? The best defenseman on the team? Looks a class above those ahl level types around him?

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 12:33 PM
nilan30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
How did he earn this exactly? Maybe he's been lights out in Hamilton? The best defenseman on the team? Looks a class above those ahl level types around him?
Hard work, loyalty, helping youngsters, not complaining.

Old
02-24-2012, 12:44 PM
Joe Cole

Quote:
that's more than enough

Old
02-24-2012, 12:48 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
very useless player, downright horrible positionning

he's a AHL player for an excellent reason
It could secure a top 2 pick which might be a great idea after all. Get him up here Gauthier!!!!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 01:11 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

I see you've never seen Alex Henry play.

DogsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote