HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

NHL Trade Deadline pt 3 - (Feb 27th at 2 PM CST) Can a brother get a top 30 forward ?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2012, 10:29 AM
  #126
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,247
vCash: 500
Brown is awesome. He's my favorite King and I've always thought he would be a good fit here if he ever left LA

Drake744 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 10:42 AM
  #127
SavageSteve
Registered User
 
SavageSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 417
vCash: 500
I honestly don't see us getting Dustin Brown unless we overpay as LA is in the West... now if we could get a Eastern 3rd party interloper... Didn't we do that w/ Carolina and Atlanta one year for deals involving Eric Belanger?

SavageSteve is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 10:44 AM
  #128
landman1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Wasn't Poile meeting with the Preds scouts yesterday? Wonder what transpired in that meeting? To me, and I could be wrong (just ask my ex-wife), I don't see the Preds making another deal before the deadline. I mean who is out there that is really an upgrade to make the Preds better without them having to give up a key piece(s)? Once you get past Rick Nash and maybe Dustin Brown, who is out there that really isn't something the Preds already have? Just my two cents worth.

landman1 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 11:00 AM
  #129
maplepred
Registered User
 
maplepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,467
vCash: 500
Exactly!! I think there is Nash, brown, Roy, ribeiro, vanek and stastny. But outside of those guys, if we can't get one of them then don't make a trade at all! It's not worth it. We have tons of ak46's, and hemsky is to injury prone for oilers to get what they want for him.
Also, love the ex wife comment! Haha. Classic!


Quote:
Originally Posted by landman1 View Post
Wasn't Poile meeting with the Preds scouts yesterday? Wonder what transpired in that meeting? To me, and I could be wrong (just ask my ex-wife), I don't see the Preds making another deal before the deadline. I mean who is out there that is really an upgrade to make the Preds better without them having to give up a key piece(s)? Once you get past Rick Nash and maybe Dustin Brown, who is out there that really isn't something the Preds already have? Just my two cents worth.

maplepred is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 11:01 AM
  #130
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by landman1 View Post
Wasn't Poile meeting with the Preds scouts yesterday? Wonder what transpired in that meeting? To me, and I could be wrong (just ask my ex-wife), I don't see the Preds making another deal before the deadline. I mean who is out there that is really an upgrade to make the Preds better without them having to give up a key piece(s)? Once you get past Rick Nash and maybe Dustin Brown, who is out there that really isn't something the Preds already have? Just my two cents worth.
No one knew James Neal was available last year....

I like Dustin Brown but I would not trade Wilson for him. They have the same stats and Brown has more icetime and is playing with more talented players. I like Wilson's potential too much.

I would give up any of the usual suspects for him, and would consider Hornqvist as well, though Horny has more goals in less time. But as a whole, I think Brown would be a better player....

I don't think we are going to get any high-end talent. I think Poile will pay a pretty steep price for C grade scorer like AK.

As I said yesterday, I'd much rather go for Lubo Vishnosky. Klein + Watson. He upgrades or defense and offense.

dulzhok is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 11:17 AM
  #131
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 10,367
vCash: 500
Not only are we in the same division, but another reason why we won't land Nash is because, now that Columbus has their new D-Man, they'll be looking to replace a ton of offense lost with Carter and of course Nash. We don't come close. Overall, I think Nash stays.

AtlantaWhaler is online now  
Old
02-24-2012, 11:37 AM
  #132
Everlong
-
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Not only are we in the same division, but another reason why we won't land Nash is because, now that Columbus has their new D-Man, they'll be looking to replace a ton of offense lost with Carter and of course Nash. We don't come close. Overall, I think Nash stays.
Agreed. I just don't think anyone will be able to match what Columbus is asking for. They don't HAVE to trade Nash, it's as simple as that. I see a deal at the draft, or nothing at all.

Everlong is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 11:39 AM
  #133
weeze
Registered User
 
weeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 230
vCash: 500
Nope!

Don't want Nash because of what we would have to give up to get him. I know he is awsome and everything but I would not want.

I WOULD like to consider first adding: Brown, Roy, Ribeiro, Pominville, or BRyan as my first option. 2nd option would be: AK, Hemsky, Brassard, Stastny, Whitney or a Semin.

BUT realistically I don't think we do anything. Not sure how that plays out for Suter and Weber. Don't know if Gill resigns for next yr, and then those players that leave. Next yr could be a not so good year if the ball bounces away from us.

Problem is I don't hear or see the Preds attached to any of the BIG name players (my first option except for Ribeiro) and just a couple of my 2nd option guys.

GMDP needs to give me a call so I can help him out with this!

weeze is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 11:44 AM
  #134
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,247
vCash: 500
We'll do SOMETHING. Whether it's landing a guy we all would salivate over, feel indifferent about, or wonder why we even bothered, it'll be someone. Poile isn't dumb. He knows we need a little tweaking and he knows that Suter essentially has us by the sprouts right now and he will take his future into consideration when making a move. As I've said in the past, this is the same guy that grabbed Jan "The Boss" Hlavac for a 7th round pick out of nowhere in 08. He also grabbed a sweet addition in Steve Sullivan out of nowhere FROM a divisional team in 04. Not bad either.

Drake744 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 11:49 AM
  #135
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
We will not get Rick Nash unless we overpay by an astronomical amount. Columbus is not going to trade him within the division.
why not? this is pure conjecture.

token grinder is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 11:52 AM
  #136
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,036
vCash: 562
I believe we'll see a few deals from the Preds, it seems like Poile is going to be treating this deadline differently then previous ones and rightly so.

Soundgarden is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 11:53 AM
  #137
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 10,367
vCash: 500
I haven't seen anything on Nashville specifically, but the rumor mill is going bananas today!

AtlantaWhaler is online now  
Old
02-24-2012, 11:55 AM
  #138
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
I believe we'll see a few deals from the Preds, it seems like Poile is going to be treating this deadline differently then previous ones and rightly so.
I think there is a reason we have seen the Preds involved in so many rumors. My theory is Poile knows Suter re-signing is unlikely and is going for it.

predfan24 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 11:57 AM
  #139
VFL615*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Middle Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
We make a move or two. It will be for a guy no one has mentioned though IMO.

VFL615* is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 11:59 AM
  #140
pekkaslap
Registered User
 
pekkaslap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 320
vCash: 500
Based on Poile on NHL live yesterday, I'm not confident we're making any trade. he didn't sound eager to overpay for anybody out there. Coud be smoke and mirrors, but I dunno. I'd be moderately surprised if we do anything else.

pekkaslap is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 12:25 PM
  #141
VFL615*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Middle Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekkaslap View Post
Based on Poile on NHL live yesterday, I'm not confident we're making any trade. he didn't sound eager to overpay for anybody out there. Coud be smoke and mirrors, but I dunno. I'd be moderately surprised if we do anything else.
Poile never seems eager. It would not be good business practice to go on live t.v. and spill your plan anyway. We will make another deal and it will shock everyone who has spent a lot of time speculating over AK, Hemsky, or whoever the flavor of the day is.
Hopefully it goes down sooner than later. Like this afternoon and not Monday at 10am

VFL615* is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 12:47 PM
  #142
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 42,167
vCash: 500
It's a shame Phoenix is doing well this season. I would love to go after Vrbata

ThirdManIn is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 01:12 PM
  #143
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,036
vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
It's a shame Phoenix is doing well this season. I would love to go after Vrbata
Or Whitney.

Soundgarden is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 01:19 PM
  #144
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 10,367
vCash: 500
Dustin Brown has been taken off the market

Lombo probably didn't want his name to get out. Whoops.

AtlantaWhaler is online now  
Old
02-24-2012, 01:35 PM
  #145
maplepred
Registered User
 
maplepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,467
vCash: 500
Maybe I'm reading it wrong but are you saying our name was attached to wanting ribeiro?



Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
Don't want Nash because of what we would have to give up to get him. I know he is awsome and everything but I would not want.

I WOULD like to consider first adding: Brown, Roy, Ribeiro, Pominville, or BRyan as my first option. 2nd option would be: AK, Hemsky, Brassard, Stastny, Whitney or a Semin.

BUT realistically I don't think we do anything. Not sure how that plays out for Suter and Weber. Don't know if Gill resigns for next yr, and then those players that leave. Next yr could be a not so good year if the ball bounces away from us.

Problem is I don't hear or see the Preds attached to any of the BIG name players (my first option except for Ribeiro) and just a couple of my 2nd option guys.

GMDP needs to give me a call so I can help him out with this!

maplepred is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 01:36 PM
  #146
landman1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Doubt he is available, but I think someone like a Teddy Purcell (Tampa Bay) would fit nicely with the Preds for the playoffs. Tampa has to be looking for goaltending for next season. Food for thought.

landman1 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 01:41 PM
  #147
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 10,367
vCash: 500
I'd love to get Purcell, but with Downie now gone, I don't see him being moved.

AtlantaWhaler is online now  
Old
02-24-2012, 01:46 PM
  #148
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Absolutely not to wilson for Brown. We don't add much at all with that swap. Plus Wilson is going to be highly motivated in the playoffs after being a scratch last year.

I can't see us being good trade parteners with LA right now
Agreed.
Wilson will end up being better than Brown. At least on the offensive side of the puck. I would never ever trade Wilson for Brown. Doesnt do anything to help us.


Hearing hes off the market. Good

I Will Son is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:03 PM
  #149
roseyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Agreed.
Wilson will end up being better than Brown. At least on the offensive side of the puck. I would never ever trade Wilson for Brown. Doesnt do anything to help us.


Hearing hes off the market. Good
It's not comparing but Wilson is one of our players and is on his way to greater years now that he's maturing and his skill is coming to the forefront. No deal should he be involved in

roseyc is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:11 PM
  #150
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
It's not comparing but Wilson is one of our players and is on his way to greater years now that he's maturing and his skill is coming to the forefront. No deal should he be involved in
Completely agree.

DP traded up for Wilson and were def starting to see why. Hes our most offensively gifted young forward other than maybe Smith. And isnt that what we need, offense? I dont understand some of the deals some of the posters throw Wilson into. Wilson has all the tools. Hes got deceiving speed, hes got great passing ability, hes got great stick handling skills, hes got a sick backhander, hes big, and hes strong and doesnt get knocked down.. Players tend to hit him and they slide off or fall down themselves. Hes developing into a great, skilled, powerforward.

Wilson is going to be one of the keys to this teams future.

But what do i know, im just a biased Wilson fan

I Will Son is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.